Subject: [EAI] FYI: I-D Action:draft-duerst-eai-mailto-00.txt

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:12:45 +0900

This draft may be of interest to some WG participants, as it is in the 
long-term part of the charter. I have asked the Co-Chairs to put it on 
the agenda of the WG meeting in Prague if they feel there may be enough 
time and energy left.

I have tried to address earlier comments (in particular also from John 
K.) regarding hidden encoding/decoding complexity by explicitly renaming 
ABNF rules. As an example, the addr-spec rule has been renamed to 
addr-spec-enc, to make clear that while it is *almost* the same as 
addr-spec in the main email-related RFCs, it's *not* the same.

Regards,   Martin.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-duerst-eai-mailto-00.txt
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 00:00:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : The 'mailto' URI/IRI Scheme
	Author(s)       : M. Duerst, et al.
	Filename        : draft-duerst-eai-mailto-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-03-06

This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URIs) and Internationalized Resource Identfiers (IRIs) to identify
resources that are reached using Internet mail.  It adds the
possibility to use Email Address Internationalization (EAI) email
addresses (RFC4952bis) to the previous syntax of 'mailto' URIs (RFC
6068).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-eai-mailto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.