Subject: Re: [EAI] Time of Meeting

From: Shawn Steele <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:00:31 +0000

If I did the math right, the EAI mtg is midnight in PST (Washington & California)?

- Shawn

 
http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnste

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 2011 19:44:42 -0000

> If I did the math right, the EAI mtg is midnight in PST (Washington

Count your blessings.  That's 3 AM here in New York.

R's,
John

---

From: Chris Waigl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:47:49 -0800

> If I did the math right, the EAI mtg is midnight in PST (Washington & California)?

Looks right to me. I'm in Alaska and have put a mental alarm clock for 11pm.

Chris Waigl
lurker

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:32:31 -0400

> Looks right to me. I'm in Alaska and have put a mental alarm

Yes.  9AM Prague, 3AM Boston (EDT), midnight PDT, 11PM Alaska.

For other cities/ timezones, see
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=3&day=29&year=2011&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=204

WebEx will be up and running so that you/we can see the slides.  
https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/j.php?ED=151759917&UID=483233937&RT=MiMxNDI=
If you have not used WebEx before, I recommend trying to start
it sometime before the meeting: it needs to download and install
significant software and, if I recall, a browser plugin on your
machine.  That takes a while, may require restarting your
browser, etc.  The WebEx setup is strictly one-way and comes
without audio so, unless you want to see the slides, you don't
need it.

Audio will be available from
http://ietf80streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf801.m3u

Assuming Joseph can find people to scribe and watch the Jabber
room, it will be running at xmpp:[email-masked]?join
Borrowing a clever idea from Monday morning's Applications Area
meeting, if remote participants have comments that you would
like someone to read at the microphone, please preface your
remark(s) with "mic:" as an indication.

I expect that I will have voice input to the meeting.  If you
are convinced that you need it, drop Joseph and myself a note
and we will see what can be done... but don't count on it unless
you are actually presenting.

Warning to everyone, based on experience in a couple of WG
meetings and the Plenary on Monday: the audio feed lags
significantly behind the Jabber conference so, by the time you
hear something on the audio and type a comment into Jabber, the
WG meeting may have already moved on, microphone lines may have
been closed, etc.  Joseph will have to use his discretion as to
whether reopening a topic is worth the trouble.

See (or at least hear or see you typing) you Tuesday (or late
Monday, depending on where you are).

   john
   Your friendly co-chair and fellow remote participant

---

From: Shawn Steele <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:39:53 +0000

I didn't mean it as a complaint.  I was actually relieved, as my initial estimate was 1 :)

- Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: John Levine [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 12:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Shawn Steele
Subject: Re: [EAI] Time of Meeting

R's,
John

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:49:18 -0400

> my initial estimate was 1 :)

If it makes any of you feel better, I start Tuesday with an IAB
meeting at 07:30 Prague time and then run straight through the
EAI meeting and a lunch.    That is 01:30 through 07:00 local
time, uninterrupted.

  john

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:46:48 -0700 (PDT)

> browser, etc.

It also has a tendency to crash certain browsers. Some experimentation may be
necessary to find one that works for you.

				Ned

---

From: Shawn Steele <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:52:52 +0000

I give up, you win :)

- Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: John C Klensin [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 1:49 PM
To: Shawn Steele; John Levine; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [EAI] Time of Meeting

> initial estimate was 1 :)

If it makes any of you feel better, I start Tuesday with an IAB meeting at 07:30 Prague time and then run straight through the
EAI meeting and a lunch.    That is 01:30 through 07:00 local
time, uninterrupted.

  john

---

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:53:11 +0800

I'd like to conver 9:00 AM in Prague to UTC/GMT 7:00 AM, 29, Mar.
then convert  UTC/GMT 7:00 AM, 29, Mar. to your local time.

Jiankang Yao

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Shawn Steele" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [EAI] Time of Meeting

> _______________________________________________
> IMA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:55:02 -0400

Prague got into daylight saving time this past weekend ;)

---

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:07:15 -0400

> necessary to find one that works for you.

I'm not sure if it's OS related (MAC), I have solid WebEx experience under Chrome.  

Joseph

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:18:30 -0400

--On Monday, March 28, 2011 13:46 -0700 Ned Freed
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> https://workgreen.webex.com/workgreen/j.php?ED=151759917&UID=
>> 483233937&RT=MiMxNDI= If you have not used WebEx before, I
>> recommend trying to start it sometime before the meeting: it
>> needs to download and install significant software and, if I
>> recall, a browser plugin on your machine.  That takes a
>> while, may require restarting your browser, etc.
> 
> It also has a tendency to crash certain browsers. Some
> experimentation may be necessary to find one that works for
> you.

FWIW, I've found it to be a lot less fragile in recent months
than is was a year or so ago.  Note that "a lot less fragile" is
very different from "really robust", so I still agree with your
comment.

    john