Subject: Re: [imap5] News about Mark Crispin

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:31:49 -0500

> I've sent all the messages so far, in a few batches.  I got a response
> from Annie thanking all of you who have sent messages, and saying
> this:
>
>> While I was reading him the emails, he was awake, his eyes were sparkling,
>> and he was smiling. He really enjoyed hearing about how much his work
>> meant to others.
>
> I'll continue forwarding anything further.

The latest news from Annie is not so good; this arrived last night:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, folks,

It may be that Mark is reaching the end. The last two days, he has
been unable to keep much food down; he is not responding to his name
being called nor is he responding to touch.

I have been told by the hospice nurse that when a person is unable to
keep food down, it usually means his digestive system is starting to
shut down. It is only a matter of time, now.

Still when he was first diagnosed, he was told he would see the end of
April for sure, 50% chance to see the end of May, and 10% of a chance
to see the end of June. It is now December.  Mark's firmness has
proved their timeline wrong, but then, he always was a little
obstinate B-).

Still I have to be thankful for the time I had with Mark. We had a lot
of good times.

Thank you for all your support and wishes for Mark. I wish he could've
had more time on this world to make his mark.

Annie Li
--------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Zoltan Ordogh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:10:28 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Barry Leiba
> Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:32
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [imap5] News about Mark Crispin
> 
> Thank you for all your support and wishes for Mark. I wish he could've had
> more time on this world to make his mark.

[ZÖr] He has already made a mark most of us just dream about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.