Subject: [imapext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:24:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IMAP MOVE extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The IMAP Move Extension
	Author(s)       : Arnt Gulbrandsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   The MOVE extension provides commands to move one or more messages
   from the selected mailbox to a named mailbox.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapmove-command

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:26:47 +0200

Changes since -00:

-  Added MSN-based move. The consensus seems mildly in favour. I think.
    We'll see once this is posted.

-  Advise sending COPYUID earlier, to help clients. Requiring out of
    order processing is unnecessarily nasty.

-  Note that moving to the source inbox has to work. I think it does
    have to work, but this is a draft, it says so on every page.

And the third of those points refers to this:

    Note that moving messages to the current mailbox is well-defined, so
    that MOVE is defined for all the cases where the COPY/STORE/EXPUNGE
    sequence is.

Arnt