Subject: [imapext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:12:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IMAP QRESYNC Extension Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IMAP Extensions for Conditional STORE Operation or Quick Flag Changes Resynchronization (CONDSTORE) and Quick Mailbox Resynchronization (QRESYNC)
	Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
                          Dave Cridland
	Filename        : draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2013-12-19

Abstract:
   Often, multiple IMAP (RFC 3501) clients need to coordinate changes to
   a common IMAP mailbox.  Examples include different clients working on
   behalf of the same user, and multiple users accessing shared
   mailboxes.  These clients need a mechanism to synchronize state
   changes for messages within the mailbox.  The Conditional Store
   facility allows a client to quickly resynchronize mailbox flag
   changes.

   The Conditional Store facility also provides a protected update
   mechanism for message state information that can detect and resolve
   conflicts between multiple writing mail clients.  For example, the
   mechanism can be used to guarantee that only one client can change
   message state at any time.

   This document additionally defines another IMAP extension, which
   gives an IMAP client the ability to quickly resynchronize any
   previously opened mailbox as part of the SELECT/EXAMINE command,
   without the need for server-side state or additional client round-
   trips.  That extension builds on top of the Conditional Store
   extension and covers message deletions in addition to flag changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/