Subject: [imapext] Deleting Gmail Starred mail.

From: narendra singh bisht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:31:58 -0500

Hey Folks,

I am seeing the below behavior in case of Gmail Drafts mail.

Anyone know if it is an intended behavior?

I have a Drafts mail with subject M1.

M1 is *starred*.

When I edit M1 and change subject to M2 from client (mobile device), what I
do is APPEND the new M2 and set the /DELETE flag for M1.

But on the Gmail web client, I can still see the M1 intact in Drafts
mailbox, I also see M2.

Can’t we delete starred mail by setting /DELETE flag?

Thanks in advance

-- 
Thanks & Regards
-Narendra

---

From: Jamie Nicolson (倪志明) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:41:20 -0800

By "starred" I assume you mean the message has the \Flagged flag. In Gmail
IMAP, this is synonymous with being present in the [Gmail]/Starred folder.

The behavior you witnessed is a quirky Gmail-specific behavior for the
Drafts folder. When a message is expunged from an "ordinary" folder (not
All Mail, Spam, Trash, or Drafts), the effect is simply to remove the
message from that folder; this is analogous to Archive in the web view.
Because Drafts are intended to be temporary messages, when a message is
expunged from the Drafts folder, we take the additional step of moving it
to the Trash folder, where it will be automatically deleted after 30 days.
However, if the Draft message is also present in any other folder (such as
Starred), we do not move to Trash, because by putting the message in
another folder the user may have indicated that they wish to keep the
message around long-term.

The workaround is either to removed the \Flagged flag from the message, or
COPY it to the Trash folder.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM, narendra singh bisht <
[email-masked]> wrote:
> When I edit M1 and change subject to M2 from client (mobile device), what
> I do is APPEND the new M2 and set the /DELETE flag for M1.
>
> _______________________________________________
> imapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imapext
>
>

---

From: narendra singh bisht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:22:39 -0500

Thanks Jamie...that answers my doubt......thank you...

-- 
Thanks & Regards
-Narendra