Subject: [imapext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis-04.txt> (IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 07:03:31 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IMAP APPEND Extensions WG
(imapapnd) to consider the following document:
- 'IMAP4 non-synchronizing literals'
  <draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Internet Message Access Protocol (RFC 3501) contains the
   "literal" syntactic construct for communicating strings.  When
   sending a literal from client to server, IMAP requires the client to
   wait for the server to send a command continuation request between
   sending the octet count and the string data.  This document specifies
   an alternate form of literal that does not require this network round
   trip.

   This document specifies 2 IMAP extensions: LITERAL+ and LITERAL-.
   LITERAL+ allows the alternate form of literals in all IMAP commands.
   LITERAL- is the same as LITERAL+, but disallows the alternate form of
   literals unless they are 4096 bytes or less.

   This document obsoletes RFC 2088.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-imapapnd-rfc2088bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.