Subject: [imapext] RFC 7889 on The IMAP APPENDLIMIT Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:25:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7889

        Title:      The IMAP APPENDLIMIT Extension 
        Author:     J. SrimushnamBoovaraghamoorthy, N. Bisht
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13801
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7889

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7889

This document defines an extension to the IMAP service whereby a
server can inform the client about maximum message upload sizes,
allowing the client to avoid sending APPEND commands that will fail
because the messages are too large.

This document is a product of the IMAP APPEND Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC