Subject: [IMRG] looking for web data

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:11:05 -0400

Folks-

I am looking for a little help.  With Ethan Blanton (CCed) I am
working on gauging the "burstiness" of TCP connections (in the hopes
of figuring out whether it is worth it to try to mitigate these
bursts in TCP).  We have analyzed a year-long packet trace of web
connections (for 2001) to a web server we have here at NASA GRC,
which has provided some nice insights.  However, we are interested
in getting a bit more data that is (a) from a different place and
(b) is a little more recent.  So, we're looking for additional
packet-level traces of web connections.

If you'd be willing to share some data with us (anonymized would be
completely fine) or you're willing to crunch over your data and give
us back the results produced by our tools, we'd be quite
appreciative.  We intend to publish only high-level insights gained
from the traces and not things like where the connections come from,
etc.  If you are interested in helping we'd be grateful if you could
contact us off-list.

Thanks!

allman

--
Mark Allman -- BBN/NASA GRC -- http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg