Subject: [IMRG] mailing list & spam

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:31:51 -0500

Hi Folks-

I have just finished using mailman's klunky web interface to slog
through nearly 100 spams that were caught in the IMRG "not from a
subscriber" trap in the last few days.  The level of spam that is
getting caught this way is growing out of control.  But, real mail does
get caught in this trap occasionally, too -- so, I'll continue slogging
through the queue periodically.  However, I have just turned off the
(ahem) feature whereby I get a note for every piece of mail that is hung
up in the queue.  I will get daily summaries instead.

If you send a note to the list and it is held for some reason you should
get a note in return.  One thing that you could do - upon seeing this
note - is to send me a private email informing me that a legitimate
email was caught in the trap.  I'll endeavor to un-stick it as quickly
as possible.  If you do not send me a note then it could take a while
before I notice it because picking through this stuff is now a costly
undertaking.

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg