Subject: [IMRG] PAM 2005 call for participation

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:33:39 -0500

Folks-

I was asked to pass this along.  It looks like a nice program.  Hope to
see everyone in Boston.

allman

================================================================

                            PAM 2005
                    http://www.pam2005.org/

 Sixth international workshop on Passive and Active Measurement

       	     March 31 and April 1, 2005, Boston, MA

                    CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

================================================================

Dear colleague,

Enclosed you will find the advance program for the sixth international
workshop on Passive and Active Measurement (PAM 2005) to be held in
Boston, MA, on March 31 and April 1, 2005.  The proceedings of the
workshop will be published by Springer in the "Lecture Notes in
Computer Science" (LNCS) series. The workshop is sponsored by Endace
Measurement Systems and Intel.

The advance registration deadline and the hotel reservation deadline
is MARCH 1, 2005.

You can find more information on how to register at:
http://www.pam2005.org/registration.html

---------------
Advance Program
---------------

Thursday, March 31 2005

08:20 - 08:30   Opening Remarks	(Mark Crovella, Chair)

08:30 - 09:45	Session 1: TCP Measurements
    * On the Impact of Bursting on TCP Performance
      Ethan Blanton (Purdue University), Mark Allman (International Computer Science Institute)
    * A Study of Burstiness in TCP Flows
      Srinivas Shakkottai (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), Nevil
      Brownlee (University of Auckland)
    * On the Stationarity of TCP Bulk Data Transfers
      Guillaume URVOY-KELLER (Institut Eurecom)

09:45 - 10:20	Coffee Break

10:20 - 12:00 	Session 2: Application Measurements
    * Toward the Accurate Identification of Network Applications
      Andrew Moore (University of Cambridge), Konstantina Papagiannaki (Intel Research Cambridge)
    * A Traffic Identification Method and Evaluations for a Pure P2P Application
      Satoshi Ohzahata (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology),
      Yoichi Hagiwara (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology), Matsuaki
      Terada (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology), Konosuke Kawashima
      (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology)
    * Analysis of Peer-to-Peer Traffic on ADSL
      Louis Plissonneau (France Telecom R&D), Jean-Laurent Costeux (France
      Telecom R&D), Patrick Brown (France Telecom R&D)
    * Analysis of Communities Of Interest in Data Networks
      Bill Aiello (AT&T Labs - Research), Chuck Kalmanek (AT&T Labs -
      Research), Patrick McDaniel (Pennsylvania State University), Shubho Sen (AT&T
      Labs - Research), Oliver Spatscheck (AT&T Labs - Research), Jacobus Van der
      Merwe (AT&T Labs - Research)

12:00 - 13:30	Lunch

13:30 - 15:10 	Session 3: Network Inference and Problem Diagnosis
    * Binary vs Analogue Path Monitoring in IP Networks
      Hung Nguyen (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology- Lausanne (EPFL)),
      Patrick Thiran (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology- Lausanne (EPFL))
    * Exploiting the IPID field to infer network path and end-system
      characteristics
      Weifeng Chen (University of Massachusetts at Amherst), Yong Huang
     (University of Massachusetts at Amherst), Bruno Ribeiro (University of
      Massachusetts at Amherst), Kyoungwon Suh (University of Massachusetts at
      Amherst), Honggang Zhang (University of Massachusetts at Amherst), Edmundo de
      Souza e Silva (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro), Jim Kurose (University
      of Massachusetts at Amherst), Don Towsley (University of Massachusetts at
      Amherst)
    * New Methods for Passive Estimation of TCP Round-Trip Times
      Bryan Veal (The University of Georgia), Kang Li (The University of
      Georgia), David Lowenthal (The University of Georgia)
    * Detecting Duplex Mismatch on Ethernet
      Stanislav Shalunov (Internet2), Richard Carlson (Internet2)

15:10 - 15:45	Coffee Break

15:45 - 17:30	Session 4: Poster Session
    * Traffic Classification using a Statistical Approach
      Denis Zuev (Intel Research Cambridge), Andrew Moore (University of Cambridge)
    * Self-learning IP Traffic Classification based on Statistical Flow Characteristics
      Sebastian Zander (Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures, Swinburne
      University of Technology), Thuy Nguyen (Centre for Advanced Internet
      Architectures, Swinburne University of Technology), Grenville Armitage (Centre
      for Advanced Internet Architectures, Swinburne University of Technology)
    * Measured Comparitive Performance of TCP Stacks
      Sam Jansen (University of Waikato), Anthony McGregor (University of
      Waikato and NLANR)
    * Applying Principles of Active Available Bandwidth Algorithms to Passive
      TCP Traces
      Marcia Zangrilli (College of William and Mary), Bruce Lowekamp (College
      of William and Mary)
    * A Network Processor Based Passive Measurement Node
      Ramaswamy Ramaswamy (Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst), Ning Weng (Univ.
      of Massachusetts, Amherst), Tilman Wolf (Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst)
    * A Merged Inline Measurement Method for Capacity and Available Bandwidth
      Le Thanh Man Cao (Osaka University), Go Hasegawa (Osaka University),
      Masayuki Murata (Osaka University)
    * Hopcount and End-to-End Delay: IPv6 Versus IPv4
      Xiaoming Zhou (Delft University of Technology), Piet Van Mieghem (Delft
      University of Technology)
    * Scalable Coordination Techniques for Distributed Network Monitoring
      Manish Sharma (Boston University and Oracle Corporation), John Byers
      (Boston University)
    * Evaluating the Accuracy of Captured Snapshots by Peer-to-Peer Crawlers
      Daniel Stutzbach (University of Oregon), Reza Rejaie (University of
      Oregon)
    * HOTS: An OWAMP-Compliant Hardware Packet Timestamper
      Shu Zhang (NICT, Japan), Katsushi Kobayashi (NICT, Japan)
    * Practical Passive Lossy Link Inference
      Alexandros Batsakis (Johns Hopkins University), Tanu Malik (Johns
      Hopkins University), Andreas Terzis (Johns Hopkins University)
    * Merging Network Measurement with Data Transport
      Pavlos Papageorgiou (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
      University of Maryland), Michael Hicks (Department of Computer Science,
      University of Maryland)

Friday, April 1 2005

08:30 - 09:45 	Session 5: Topology Measurements
    * Improved Algorithms for Network Topology Discovery
      Benoit Donnet (LiP6), Timur Friedman (LiP6), Mark Crovella (Boston University)
    * Using Simple Per-Hop Capacity Metrics to Discover Link Layer Network Topology
      Shane Alcock (University of Waikato), Anthony McGregor (University of
      Waikato), Richard Nelson (University of Waikato)
    * Revisiting Internet AS-level Topology Discovery
      Xenofontas Dimitropoulos (Georgia Tech), Dmitri Krioukov (CAIDA), Goerge
      Riley (Georgia Tech)

09:45 - 10:20	Coffee Break

10:20 - 12:00 	Session 6: Wireless Network Measurements and Monitoring Facilities
    * Application, Network and Link Layer Measurements of Streaming Video over a Wireless Campus Network
      Jae Chung (Worcester Polytechnic Institute), Feng Li (Worcester
      Polytechnic Institute), Mingzhe Li (Worcester Polytechnic Institute), Huahui
      Wu (Worcester Polytechnic Institute), Mark Claypool (Worcester Polytechnic
      Institute), Robert Kinicki (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
    * Measurement based analysis of the handover in a WLAN MIPv6 scenario
      Albert Cabellos-Aparicio (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya), René
      Serral-Gracià (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya), Loránd Jakab
      (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya), Jordi Domingo-Pascual (Universitat
      Politecnica de Catalunya)
    * A Distributed Passive Measurement Infrastructure
      Patrik Carlsson (Blekinge Institute of Technology), Markus Fiedler
      (Blekinge Institute of Technology), Arne Nilsson (Blekinge Institute of
      Technology)
    * lambdaMON - A Passive Monitoring Facility for DWDM Optical Networks
      Joerg Micheel (NLANR/MNA)

12:00 - 13:30 	Lunch

13:30 - 14:45 	Session 7: Routing and Traffic Engineering Measurements
    * Internet Routing Policies and Round-Trip-Times
      Han Zheng (University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory), Eng Keong Lua
      (University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory), Marcelo Pias (University of
      Cambridge, Computer Laboratory), Timothy Griffin (Intel Research Cambridge)
    * Traffic Matrix Reloaded: Impact of Routing Changes
      Renata Teixeira (Univ. California San Diego), Nick Duffield (AT&T Labs
      -- Research), Jennifer Rexford (AT&T Labs -- Research), Matthew Roughan (Univ.
      of Adelaide)
    * Some Observations of Internet Stream Lifetimes
      Nevil Brownlee (The University of Auckland)

14:45 - 15:20	Coffee Break

15:20 - 16:45 	Session 8: Spectroscopy and Bandwidth Estimation
    * Spectroscopy of traceroute delays
      Andre Broido (CAIDA), Young Hyun (CAIDA), kc claffy (CAIDA)
    * Measuring Bandwidth Between PlanetLab Host
      Sung-Ju Lee (HP Labs), Puneet Sharma (HP Labs), Sujata Banerjee (HP
      Labs), Sujoy Basu (HP Labs), Rodrigo Fonseca (UC Berkeley)
    * Comparison of Public End-to-end Bandwidth Estimation Tools on High-Speed  Links
      Alok Shriram (CAIDA and University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill),
      Margaret Murray (CAIDA and TACC at University of Texas - Austin), Young Hyun
      (CAIDA), Nevil Brownlee (CAIDA and University of Auckland, NZ), Andre Broido
      (CAIDA), Marina Fomenkov (CAIDA), k claffy (CAIDA)

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg