Subject: [IMRG] SIGCOMM student posters and travel grants - deadline approaching

From: Jelena Mirkovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

POSTERS

Student posters are due on May 14. Although anyone can submit a poster, 
preference will be given to posters where the primary contribution is from 
one or more students. Posters will be reviewed by members of the SIGCOMM 
Poster Session Committee. At the conference, student posters must be 
presented by a student. Authors of accepted papers in SIGCOMM 2007 may not 
submit a poster on the same work in those papers.

URL for poster CFP is
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/poster.html.

TRAVEL GRANTS

Travel grant applications are due on May 21. Thanks to the supporting 
organizations, SIGCOMM2007 has three travel grants programs: GeoDiversity 
Travel Grants for faculties and researchers, US Minority Faculty Travel 
Grants and Student Travel Grants. The application processes are the same 
for the three travel grants.

ACM SIGCOMM GeoDiversity Travel Grants are for people holding faculty and 
researcher positions in their early career (at most five years of 
full-time, full-level [non-postdoc] post-PhD employment) from 
under-represented countries. Roughly 5-10 awardees will be selected. US 
Minority Faculty Travel Grants are for US-based minority faculties. 
Roughly 2 awardees will be selected. Student Travel Grants are for 
students only. Roughly 15-20 awardees will be selected.

The committee strongly prefers applicants who are not paper authors (the 
committee believes that authors' home organizations should cover costs for 
authors). Here, 'author' means any named author on a conference or 
workshop paper.

URL with more details about travel grants is:
http://www.sigcomm.org/sigcomm2007/travelgrants.html

For SIGCOMM organizers:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jelena Mirkovic, Assistant Professor
CIS, University of Delaware
412 Smith Hall, Newark, DE 19716
phone: 302-831-6052, fax: 302-831-8458
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~sunshine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg