Subject: [IMRG] PDCAT08 Call for Workshops and Tutorials

From: Cameron Kerr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:39:54 +1300

-------------------- Call for Workshops and Tutorials  
------------------------

    The Ninth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed  
Computing,
                  Applications and Technologies (PDCAT'08)
                  1-4 December 2008, Dunedin, New Zealand
                    http://www.cs.otago.ac.nz/pdcat08/

         Workshops proposals Submission deadline : 15 April 2008
         Tutorials proposals Submission deadline : 30 June 2008

Call for Workshops/Tutorials proposals

The PDCAT08 Organizing Committee invites workshop/tutorial proposals  
for PDCAT08
to be held in Dunedin, New Zealand, in December 2008.

Workshop/tutorial proposals are invited on specific aspects of  
parallel and
distributed computing, particularly relating to the subject areas  
indicated
by the topics below. We encourage workshops/tutorial driven by both  
academic
and industrial interests. The format of the workshop/tutorials will be
determined by the organizers.

Workshops can vary in length from a half day to a full day. Having  
more than one
co-organizer for a workshop is strongly encouraged.

Workshop proceedings will be published as part of the PDCAT08
proceedings. So, it is *very important* that high quality workshops are
accepted, and that workshop organisers observe strict quality  
strandards in
the selection of papers for their events.

Workshops attendees should register for the main conference.

Important Dates and Proposal Submission
-----------------------------------------

Workshop/tutorial proposals and any enquiries should be sent by e-mail  
to the
Tutorial & Workshop chair, Laurent Lefevre (Laurent.Lefevre@ens- 
lyon.fr).

Workshop Proposals Due:         15 April 2008
Workshop Notification:          30 April 2008
URL for Workshop Website Due:   10 May 2008
Workshop:                       1-4 December 2008

Tutorial Proposals Due:         30 June 2008
Tutorial:                       1-4 December 2008

Proposal Requirements
---------------------------

Proposals should be no more than 2 pages in length. They
should contain the following information:

   * Title and brief technical description of the workshop/tutorial,  
specifying
     the goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.

   * A brief description of why and to whom the workshop/tutorial is  
of interest.

   * A list of related workshops/tutorials or similar events held in  
the last 3
     years, or to be held in 2008.

   * The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the
     organisers.

   * A description of the qualifications of the organisers (e.g., papers
     published in the proposed topic area, previous workshop/tutorial
     organization, other relevant information).

Responsibilities of workshop organisers
------------------------

Each workshop organizing committee will be responsible for the  
following:

   # Producing a web page and a "Call for Papers/Participation" for  
their
     workshop. The URL should be sent to the workshop chair.

   # It should mention that at least one author of each accepted  
submission
     must attend the workshop and that all workshop participants must  
pay the
     PDCAT08 conference registration fee.

   # It should clearly describe the process by which the Organizing  
Committee
     will select the submissions.

   # Ensure that all workshop papers are a maximum of 6 pages in  
length (in
     IEEE format).

   # Provide a brief description of the workshop for the conference  
web page
     and program.

   # The publication of proceedings will be by the IEEE alongside the
     conference proceedings (in many cases this is in the same volume
     as the main conference). The acceptance notification (by workshop
     organisers) therefore should be the same as "conference paper
     acceptance" notification (i.e. the dates should be the same). All
     other details can be up to workshop organisers to set.

   # Advertising the workshop beyond the conference web page.

   # Producing a camera-ready version of the workshop proceedings.

   # *Important matter*: The PDCAT08 Organizing Committee may decide,
     based on the number and quality of submissions, to cancel or merge
     workshops before the conference. So we encourage workshop  
organisers
     to attract a large community.

The PDCAT08 Organizing Committee will be responsible for the following:

   * Providing a link to a workshop's local page.
   * Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
   * In conjunction with the organizers, determining the workshop date
     and time.
   * Providing copies of the workshop proceedings to attendees.

Conference Topics of Interest and Area Keywords
------------------------------------------------------

Topics of interest to the conference include (but are not restricted  
to):

   * Multi-Core systems
   * Parallel programming Models
   * Wireless networking
   * Grid computing
   * Ubiquitous computing
   * Agent technologies
   * Virtualisation
   * Cloud computing
   * Bioinformatics
   * P2P systems
   * Security and privacy

PDCAT08 Tutorial & Workshop Chair: Laurent Lefevre, INRIA, France,
email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg