Subject: [IMRG] NetGames 2008 CFP

From: Mark Claypool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:20:07 -0400

++++++++++++++++++++ NetGames 2008 Call for Papers ++++++++++++++++++++

     Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games: NetGames 2008
         October 21st and 22nd, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
                  http://netgames2008.cs.wpi.edu/

OVERVIEW
========

The 7th Annual Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games
(NetGames 2008) will be held in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA on
October 21-22, 2008.  The sponsor is Worcester Polytechnic Institute
with cooperation from the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM
SIGMM and ACM SIGCOMM).  The NetGames workshop brings together
researchers and developers from academia and industry to present new
research in understanding networked games of today and in enabling the
next generation of networked games of tomorrow.  Submissions are
sought in any area related to networked games.  In particular, topics
of interest include (but are not limited to) game-related work in:

  * Network measurement, usage studies and traffic modeling
  * System benchmarking, performance evaluation, and provisioning
  * Latency issues and lag compensation techniques
  * Cheat detection and prevention
  * Operating system enhancements, service platforms, and middleware
  * Peer-to-peer and scalable system architectures
  * Network protocol design
  * Mobile and resource-constrained systems
  * Augmented physical systems
  * User and usability studies, Group dynamics
  * Quality of service and content adaptation
  * Artificial intelligence
  * Security, authentication, accounting and digital rights management
  * Networks of sensors and actuators
  * Impact of online game growth on network infrastructure
  * Messaging and conferencing in games
  * Input devices, haptics and accessibility
  * Results that reproduce (or refute) previous published results

Please feel free to contact the conference chair, Mark Claypool
([email-masked]), with questions as to whether the scope of a
particular paper is suitable for NetGames.

SUBMISSIONS
===========

Submissions should be full papers with a limit of 6 pages (inclusive
of all figures, references and appendices).  Authors must submit their
papers in PDF and use single-spaced, double column ACM conference
format.

Reviews will be single-blind, so authors must include their names and
affiliations on the first page.  Papers will be judged on their
relevance, technical content and correctness, and the clarity of
presentation of the research.  Papers should not be under review at
another venue nor previously published elsewhere.  Submission of a
paper for review will be considered an agreement that at least one
author will register and attend if the paper is accepted.

ORGANIZATION
============

WORKSHOP CHAIR:

  Mark Claypool (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

  Grenville Armitage (Swinburne University of Technology)
  Surendar Chandra (Notre Dame)
  Kajal Claypool (MIT Lincoln Labs)
  Wu-chang Feng (Portland State University)
  Wu-chi Feng (Portland State University)
  David Finkel (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
  Carsten Griwodz (University of Oslo)
  Paal Halvorsen (University of Oslo)
  Brian Levine (University of Massachusetts)
  John Miller (Microsoft Research)
  Travis Schluessler (Intel Corporation)
  Anees Shaikh  (IBM Research)
  Ooi Wei Tsang (National University of Singapore)
  Lars Wolf (Technical University Braunschweig)

KEY DATES
=========

  Paper registration:         May 4, 2008 (23:59 GMT)
  Paper submission:           May 11, 2008 (23:59 GMT)
  Author notification:        July 6, 2008
  Camera ready:               August 17, 2008
  Workshop:                   October 21-22, 2008

++++++++++++++++++++ NetGames 2008 Call for Papers ++++++++++++++++++++
_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg