Subject: [IMRG] Postdoctoral Research Professor at Boston University

From: "Azer Bestavros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:55:21 -0400

Dear Colleague,

The RISCS Center at Boston University has an opening for a Postdoctoral
Research Professor, specializing in computer or system security (broadly
defined). We would like your help in identifying qualified and
interested candidates. This is a unique opportunity for ambitious
scientists interested in building a strong well-supported research
record in
collaboration with the  many experienced researchers and established
research groups in security-related disciplines, not only at Boston
University,
but also in the many academic and research laboratories in the Greater
Boston Area.

Research topics of interest include: Reliable and fault tolerant
computing, trustworthy computing, network security, provable security,
information economics, digital forensics, cryptography and cryptographic
security, privacy, database security, formal system verification and
model checking, and software certification and testing.

Funding for this position is guaranteed for two years, but might be
extended depending on accomplishment and success in securing sponsored
research funding. Candidates must have a Ph.D. and a strong research
record in one or more of the above-specified areas. 

The ad below contain a few more specifics.

Thank you very much for your help,

--Azer

Azer Bestavros, Professor
Computer Science Department
Boston University,
111 Cummington Street
Boston MA 02215

Phone/Fax:(617)353-8919/6457
Http://www.cs.bu.edu/~best
Mailto:[email-masked] 

-----------------------------

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Professor

The Reliable Information Systems and Cyber Security (RISCS) Center at
Boston University invites applications for a two-year postdoctoral
Research Assistant Professorship. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or
equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field at the time of
appointment, as well as a significant research record in one or several
of the RISCS Center's areas of research interest, including: Reliable
and fault tolerant computing, trustworthy computing, network security,
provable security, information economics, digital forensics,
cryptography and cryptographic security, privacy, database security,
formal system verification and model checking, and software
certification and testing.

The successful candidate will be associated with a particular department
at the University as well as with the RISCS Center. In addition to
developing a vibrant sponsored research program in collaboration with
the many experienced researchers and established research groups
affiliated with the RISCS center, the successful candidate is expected
to help in coordinating RISCS center activities and in promoting
collaborative efforts between security related researchers both internal
and external to the University.

The title and salary for this position will depend on the candidate's
qualifications and established record. Funding for this position is
guaranteed for two years, but might be extended depending on
accomplishment and success in securing sponsored research funding.
Candidates currently employed in industry or government, as well as
academia, are welcome to apply. 

Please send your resume, and a research statement to:

     BU RISCS Center
     C/O Computer Science Department 
     111 Cummington Street
     Boston University
     Boston MA 02215

_______________________________________________
IMRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imrg