Subject: [IMRG] CoNEXT 2012: student travel grants

From: Steve Uhlig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 22:14:34 +0800

With support from the U.S. National Science Foundation, ACM SIGCOMM,
the European Network of Excellence in Internet Science, and the generous
sponsors, CoNEXT 2012 will provide a number of grants to students to 
attend the main conference as well as to participate in the ACM CoNEXT 
2012 Student Workshop.

Eligibility

Form and Amount of Support: The support is intended to defray, but 
not necessarily cover entirely, the costs of attending the 
conference/workshop. Reimbursement amounts will be determined in 
part by travel costs (consideration will be given for those who 
have higher travel costs). The award will be handled via reimbursements. 
Each legitimate expense must be documented with an original official 
receipt (e.g., air ticket and hotel receipt). Further details of the 
reimbursement procedure will be communicated directly to the award 
recipients.

Application process

Requests for travel support should be submitted to the CoNEXT 2012 
travel grant submission system at http://conext2012.icir.org, no 
later than Friday 8 Oct 2012 11:59:00pm PDT.

The application should contain the following materials (as PDFs):

1. A resume 
2. A cover letter providing: 
    - Summarize how you would benefit from attending CoNEXT 2012.
    - Summarize your research interests and accomplishments.
    - Indicate whether you have a paper submitted to the CoNEXT 2012 
	Student Workshop
    - Indicate whether you belong to an underrepresented minority.
    - Indicate the estimated travel costs (in U.S. dollars) to the conference.

3. A supporting letter from the advisor stating that the student is in 
good academic standing; why the student is in need of a travel grant; how 
Co-NEXT will benefit the student’s research progress.

Deadlines

- Application: Monday, October 8, 2012, 11:59pm PDT.
- Notification: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:59pm PDT.

-----
Christian Kreibich (ICSI) & Steve Uhlig (QMUL) 
CoNEXT 2012 travel grant chairs