Subject: [IMRG] NetGames 2012 - Last CFP (Only 4 Days to Deadline) & Springer's Multimedia Systems Journal : Special Issue on NetGames

From: "Maha Abdallah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:44:56 +0200

NetGames 2012 CFP
The 11th Annual Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games

               November 22-23, 2012, Venice, Italy
                  http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/

	     In co-operation with ACM SIGCOMM/SIGMM
      Technically sponsored by IEEE Communications Society

*************************************************************************
Accepted papers in NetGames 2012 will be invited to submit an extended
version of their manuscript to the Springer’s Multimedia Systems Journal
(MMSJ) - Special Issue on Network and Systems Support for Games
               http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/MMSJ-SI
*************************************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES
================
Full/Short Paper Submission Deadline:	September 14, 2012, 23:59 EDT (Firm
Deadline)
Demo Paper Submission Deadline:  	September 30, 2012, 23:59 EDT
Notification of Decisions:     		October 14, 2012
Registration/Final Paper Due:	        October 28, 2012

OVERVIEW
=========
The 11th edition of the Annual International Workshop on Network and
Systems Support for Games (NetGames 2012) will be held in Venice, Italy,
on November 22-23, 2012. As in previous years, NetGames brings together
researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry to present
the latest research results and challenges of today’s networked games, and
to understand their requirements and possibilities in order to enable the
next generation of networked games. NetGames will also have industry
keynote and panel discussions with leading researchers and practitioners
from gaming companies. Submissions are solicited on all aspects of
networked games, including (but not limited to):

  - Scalability, cloud support, client-server, and P2P system architectures
  - Efficient message distribution and network protocol design
  - Latency issues and lag compensation techniques
  - Network traffic modeling, measurement, and impact on network
infrastructure
  - System benchmarking, performance evaluation, and provisioning
  - Operating system enhancements, service platforms, and middleware
  - Massively Multiplayer Online Gaming (MMOG)
  - Multiplayer usability and user behavior studies
  - Personal communications and conferencing in games
  - Mobile games, resource-constrained systems, and context-based adaptation
  - Networks of sensors and actuators, networked haptics
  - Quality of service, quality of experience, and content adaptation
  - Dynamic and user-generated content authoring and management
  - Content creation: non-linear storytelling, object capturing,
algorithmic creation
  - Security, authentication, accounting and digital rights management
  - Cheat detection and prevention
  - Social networking in multiplayer games

SUBMISSIONS
============
Contributions can be submitted as full papers, posters, or demos:
Full paper        6 pages
Short paper       2 pages
Demo              3 pages

Submissions are in PDF and should follow the IEEE conference proceedings
format. Full papers will be presented in the single track session, short
papers will be presented as posters, while demos require actual
demonstration of a working proof-of-concept or prototype.

Reviews will be single-blind, authors must include their names and
affiliations on the first page. Papers will be judged on their relevance,
technical content and correctness, and the clarity of presentation of the
research. Papers should not be under review at another venue nor
previously published elsewhere.

All accepted papers will be archived in the ACM Digital Library and IEEE
Xplore, and will published in the workshop proceedings. Submission of a
paper for review will be considered your agreement that at least one
author will register and attend the workshop if your paper is accepted.

Accepted papers in NetGames 2012 will be invited to submit an extended
version of their manuscript to the Springer’s Multimedia Systems Journal
(MMSJ) - Special Issue on Network and Systems Support for Games. For more
details, please visit the journal's special issue web page at:
http://netgames2012.lip6.fr/MMSJ-SI

Workshop Chairs
================
   Maha Abdallah,  Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
   Khaled Boussetta,  University of Paris 13, France

Local Arrangement Chairs
=========================
   Claudio Palazzi,  Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy
   Sabina Rossi,  Università Ca'Foscari di Venezia, Italy

Industry Liaisons Chairs
=========================
   Dario Maggiorini, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
   Laura Anna Ripamonti,  Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy

Technical Program Committee
============================
   Grenville Armitage, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
   Ernst Biersack, Institute Eurecom, France
   Surendar Chandra, FXPAL, USA
   Kuan-Ta Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
   Mark Claypool, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
   Wu-chang Feng, Portland State University, USA
   Chris GautierDickey, University of Denver, USA
   Steven Gianvecchio, MITRE Corp., USA
   Carsten Griwodz, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
   Pål Halvorsen, University of Oslo/Simula, Norway
   Shun-Yun Hu, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
   Alexandru Iosup, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
   Ben Leong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
   Martin Mauve, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
   Ketan Mayer-Patel, University of North Carolina at Chapell Hill, USA
   Richard Mortier, University of Nottingham, UK
   Timo Ojala, University of Oulu, Finland
   Wei Tsang Ooi, National University of Singapore, Singapore
   Marius Preda, TELECOM SudParis, France
   Shervin Shirmohammadi, University of Ottawa, Canada
   Gwendal Simon, TELECOM Bretagne, France
   Jouni Smed, University of Turku, Finland
   Jeff Yan, University of Newcastle, UK
   Sebastian Zander, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia

Steering Committee
===================
   Maha Abdallah,  Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
   Grenville Armitage,  Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
   Adrian Cheok,  National University of Singapore, Singapore
   Mark Claypool,  Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
   Carsten Griwodz,  Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
   Tristan Henderson,  University of St Andrews, UK
   Sugih Jamin,  University of Michigan, USA
   Shervin Shirmohammadi,  University of Ottawa, Canada
   Lars Wolf,  Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany