Subject: [imss] Draft minutes of IMSS WG Meeting

From: "Elizabeth Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:26:28 -0800

Hi all,

Following is the draft minutes for IMSS WG.
Please respond with any comments, corrections, omissions, etc by Nov 26th.

Thanks,

Elizabeth Rodriguez
IMSS chair
----

IETF-58 IMSS WG Draft Minutes
Met on November 11, 2003 at 3:45 pm in Minneapolis, MN 

This was the initial meeting of the IMSS working group.
                   
The agenda for the meeting was:
                    
Agenda and Agenda Bashing (Elizabeth Rodriguez)
IMSS Working Group Introduction (Elizabeth Rodriguez)
Relationship with T11.5 (Roger Cummings) 
IPv6 over Fibre Channel (Claudio DeSanti) 
Open Mike
                   
Elizabeth Rodriguez, IMSS WG chair, presented an introduction to the IMSS
Working Group, which can be found at: 
 
http://home.earthlink.net/~imsswg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/IMSSOv
erview.pps

This presentation included:
1) List of WG Chair, Area Director and Technical Advisors
2) Rational for the formation of the working group
3) Parts of the charter
4) WG Milestones
5) Intro to Roger Cummings presentation on INCITS and IMSS/T11.5
relationship
6) Background on the IMSS Working group draft in last call: 
   IPv6 over Fibre Channel, for which Claudio DeSanti presented 
   more information
                   
Roger Cummings presented an introduction to INCITS and the relationship
between the IMSS working group and T11.5.  That presentation may be found
at: 

ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/docs/03-755v0.pdf	

One of the principles of the relationship between IMSS and T11.5 is that
IMSS will not standardize management of Fibre Channel features ahead of
their incorporation into appropriate T11 Fibre Channel standards.  T11.5
will begin work on the following MIBs in the near future:
Fibre Channel Domain Manager MIB
Fibre Channel Name Server MIB
Extensions for Fibre Channel Interfaces MIB

Keith McCloghrie (IMSS Technical Advisor) indicated that this may pose a
problem with some of the proposed MIBs in that some features that should be
addressed in the MIBs are still quite volatile in T11.5.  Roger Cummings,
T11.5 Chair indicated that a decision would need to be made some time next
year to determine how to address -- have things stabilized in T11, should
the items be removed from the MIB, or the MIB be delayed.  This issue must
be addressed prior to T11.5 officially handing off the MIB to the IMSS
working group.
                   
Claudio DeSanti presented some history of the IPv6 over Fibre Channel and
some of the goals of this draft, which is currently in IMSS working group
last call.  Claudio's presentation may be found at: 
 
http://home.earthlink.net/~imsswg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ipv6_o
ver_fc_58-ietf.pps

There were no questions, so the meeting concluded with Elizabeth Rodriguez
requesting that participants review the IPv6 over Fibre Channel draft and
submit technical comments to the IMSS mailing list and editorial comments
either to the IMSS mailing list or directly to the author with copy to the
technical advisors. 
                    
Charter: 
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/imss-charter.html 
                   
Subscribe to Mailing List:
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss
                   
IPv6 over Fibre Channel draft in WG Last Call 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imss-ipv6-over-fibre-channel-
00.txt 

Please note:  The URLs above have been validated.  Some of the URLs listed
above are long, and may span more than one line.  In such instances, please
copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss