Subject: FW: [imss] imss Paris minutes - FINAL

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:32:37 -0400

Having seen no comments or corrections, these are now the
FINAL minutes.

Thanks,
--David (acting as imss WG chair)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Black, David
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [imss] imss Paris minutes - DRAFT

DRAFT minutes from Paris (annotated into Agenda).  Send corrections
to me or the list.  The only substantial decisions made at the
meeting were acceptance of 3 MIBs as official WG work items.
Objections to this should be sent to the list ASAP.

Thanks, --David (for Elizabeth).

Internet and Management Support for Storage (imss) WG
Meeting - Paris, France
Tuesday, August 2, 1630 - 1800
------------------------------------------------------

Administrivia, agenda bashing, draft status review, etc.: 15 min
	David L. Black, EMC (acting chair for Elizabeth Rodriguez, chair)

	Blue sheets
	Note Well
	WG Chair to change - Elizabeth Rodriguez is stepping down
	Milestones (WG charter page needs to be updated)
	Draft status (publication to be requested soon for IP over FC,
		Fabric Address Manager MIB, Name Server MIB - awaiting PROTO
writeup)

T11.5 Status, including new Fibre Channel MIBs for IMSS: 30 min
		Roger Cummings (Symantec, T11.5 chair)

	Ready Now:
	- FSPF MIB (draft-kzm-imss-fc-fspf-mib-02.txt) [T11.5 SM-FSM]
	- Routing Info MIB (draft-kzm-fc-rtm-mib-03.txt) [T11.5 SM-RTM]

	-> Accepted as imss WG official drafts/work items.  Have been
reviewed
		by Fibre Channel experts in T11.5 .
	
	Coming soon:
	- Virtual Fabric MIB (draft-kipp-fc-vitual-fabrics-mib-01.txt)
[SM-VFM]

	-> Accepted as imss WG official drafts/work items pending an
official
		T11.5 vote to approve forwarding this MIB to the imss WG
next week.
		Has been reviewed by Fibre Channel experts in T11.5 .

	(Near) Future:
	- Zone Server MIB
	- RSCN MIB
	- Fabric Configuration Server MIB

	-> Initial work in T11.5 . No additional Fibre Channel MIBs beyond
these
		are currently anticipated.

FSPF MIB and Routing Info MIB (Keith McCloghrie, Cisco)
	(draft-kzm-imss-fc-fspf-mib-02.txt)
	(draft-kzm-fc-rtm-mib-03.txt)

	See Keith's slides for info on MIB structure and contents.

	WG chair or designate will send note to list asking for reviews
		of these MIBs as step towards WG Last Call.

Virtual Fabric MIB (Scott Kipp, McData)
	(draft-kipp-fc-vitual-fabrics-mib-01.txt)

	See Scott's slides for info on MIB structure and contents.

FLIP (FAIS Line Interface Protocol) Conceptual Discussion: 30 min
		Roger Cummings (Symantec, T11.5 chair)

	FLIP would be an RPC interface to the FAIS API for intelligent
	switches.  Structure of an intelligent FC switch has some high
	level similarities to a router with fast-path and slow-path -
	the function here is to program the fast path and implement
	the slow-path.

	IETF could bring expertise in protocols to bear on this, but
	not much in the way of functional expertise.

	Will need to figure out how this relates to IETF netconf work.

	Roger will generate more context and details on this - probably
	a short I-D for the next IETF meeting, preceded by discussion
	on the imss mailing list.

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss

_______________________________________________
imss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/imss