Subject: [Int-area] Most recent work on Universal Resource Locator?

From: Andre-John Mas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:00:53 -0500

Hi,

I have noticed that RFC 3986, seems a little outdated, when taking  
into account the requirements of RFC 4007. The issue pertains to "zone  
indices" added to IPv6 addresses, which RFC 3986 does not specify. For  
example this is valid, according to the document:

http://[fe80::216:cbff:fe9f:dc47]

but this is not:

http://[fe80::216:cbff:fe9f:dc47%en0]

Yet the second case should be now be valid to support zone indices.  
Are there any plans for an updated version of the "Uniform Resource  
Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax", taking into account these new  
requirements?

Andre

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area