Subject: [Int-area] Further additions to -thaler-ip-model-evolution

From: Matt Mathis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:08:24 -0400 (EDT)

One might argue that the assumptions below are not really part of the IP 
model, but rather about how IP is deployed.  However these assumptions have 
been inappropriately used by some ISPs to harass some application developers, 
and vice versa.

The largest and most important collection hosts belong to home users, aka
"eyeballs".

Home users download more than they upload.

Home users often connect to servers or content that the ISP can proxy if it 
chooses.

Home users do not expect inbound connections.

Home users do not expect to connect to each other.

.... and more, I am sure.

Really good talk.  Thanks!
--MM--
-------------------------------------------
Matt Mathis     http://staff.psc.edu/mathis
Work:412.268.3319    Home/Cell:412.654.7529
-------------------------------------------
Evil is defined by mortals who think they know
"The Truth" and use force to apply it to others.
_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area