Subject: [Int-area] new I-D available - IPv4 ID issues

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:46:59 -0700

Hi, all,

I and Matt Mathis recently completed a document describing how the IPv4 
ID is actually used, as distinct from the current requirements. We 
believe this might be useful as an INTAREA BCP.

Comments welcome.

Joe and Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Filename:	 draft-touch-intarea-ipv4-unique-id
Revision:	 00
Title:		 IPv4 ID Uniqueness Requirements
Creation_date:	 2008-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-intarea-ipv4-unique-id-00.txt

Abstract:
The IPv4 Identification field enables fragmentation and reassembly.
This document clarifies the meaning of this field in the absence of
fragmentation, based on ubiquitous current practice.

_______________________________________________
Int-area mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area