Subject: [Int-area] draft on requirements imposed by traffic safety applications on network/transport layers

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:07:51 +0200

Hi all

A new Internet draft has been submitted to the IETF that describes a number
of communication 
performance requirements that are imposed by traffic safety applications on
a network layer, see:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-karagiannis-traffic-safety-require
ments-00.txt
 
These traffic safety applications and requirements have been derived during
the VSC (Vehicular Safety
Communications) and VSC-A (VSC-Applications) projects. 
Currently, the standardization activities within the IEEE 1609 and ISO TC
204 are considering 
that traffic safety applications can only be supported by non-IP based
netwok and transport solutions.

The goal of this document is to stimulate the discussion on judging whether
these performance 
requirements could or could not be supported (currently and in the future)
by IP based network and transport solutions.

We are wondering whether this draft could be discussed in the Intarea
session (July 29) or within 
another meeting during the 75th IETF in Stockholm, Sweden.

Best regards,
Georgios