Subject: [Int-area] Problem with RSVP Authentication - RFC 2747

From: Jyoti Yaduwanshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:40:39 +0530

Hi

We are implementing RSVP Authentication as per RFC 2747. But there are few
issues which are not clearly described in the RFC hence we believe that they
will cause interoperability issues.

Issues are described as below

   1. Generation of Key Identifier – The RFC does not mention exact steps a
   node should execute to generate the Key Identifier and hence leaving
   ambiguity in the whole process. In an environment when the two nodes from
   two separate vendors will have issues with authentication as computation of
   the key identifier will differ on both the nodes.

Please guide as to what should be done to address this issue.

   1. We also couldn’t find definite answer to the problem which occurs when
   a node on which authentication is enabled, and receives a non-authenticated
   packet. What should be done in such cases?

Please provide an insight on the above two queries so that we can address
them in our design.

Thanks in advance

Jyoti