Subject: [Int-area] RFC 6967 on Analysis of Potential Solutions for Revealing a Host Identifier (HOST_ID) in Shared Address Deployments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:44:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6967

        Title:      Analysis of Potential Solutions for 
                    Revealing a Host Identifier (HOST_ID) in 
                    Shared Address Deployments 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, J. Touch,
                    P. Levis, R. Penno
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 53498
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-nat-reveal-analysis-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6967.txt

This document is a collection of potential solutions for revealing a
host identifier (denoted as HOST_ID) when a Carrier Grade NAT (CGN)
or application proxies are involved in the path.  This host
identifier could be used by a remote server to sort packets according
to the sending host.  The host identifier must be unique to each host
under the same shared IP address.

This document analyzes a set of potential solutions for revealing a
host identifier and does not recommend a particular solution,
although it does highlight the hazards of some approaches.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC