Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: IETF Mentor Program

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 16:06:36 -0400

All,
      I know I talked to a few of you during IETF 86 about mentoring. 
Please consider volunteering.  You do not need to be a greybeard to help 
out...

Regards,
Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IETF Mentor Program
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:39:36 -0700
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

     Based on discussions during IETF 86, we are trialing an IETF 
mentoring program.  During this trial period, we would like to pair 
newcomers (people who have attended 3 or fewer meetings or have 
registered as students) with existing IETF participants.  The goal is to 
provide a resource for the newcomer who can assist them with integrating 
into the IETF community.  Mentors and newcomers will be paired prior to 
IETF 87.

     What we need is for people to volunteer to be mentors. As a mentor, 
we would ask that you be willing to assist your mentoring participant 
before, during, and (hopefully) after IETF 87.  The actual level of 
interaction will be driven by an agreement between the mentor and the 
mentoring participant. Additionally, we would need a brief description 
of your areas of expertise, technical interests, and conversational 
languages.

     A description of the Mentor Program (including a FAQ describing
how to volunteer to be a mentor) is available:

http://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html.

     Anyone interested in being a mentor should follow the sign-up
instructions contained in the above URL.  The more volunteers we have,
the stronger the program will be!

Regards,
IETF Chair