Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-session-id-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 10:16:30 -0700

Hello,

This draft describes the session identifier in GUE. This is a generic
options that includes some different types of sessions and related
state machines.

The bidirectional types (section 4.3) are intended to provide similar
functionality that is in the Spud prototype protocol. We elaborated on
the Spud model by adding a 3WHS for session creation and also
requiring both sides to contribute values to the identifier-- this is
to defend against the equivalent of SYN attacks on sessions (ie. open
attacks).

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, May 22, 2015 at 9:54 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-gue-session-id-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-gue-session-id-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-gue-session-id
Revision:       00
Title:          Session Identifier Option for Generic UDP Encapsulation
Document date:  2015-05-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          25
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-gue-session-id-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-gue-session-id/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-gue-session-id-00

Abstract:
   This specification defines the session identifier option for Generic
   UDP Encapsulation (GUE). This option allows an encapsulator to
   identify a logical session to which an encapsulated packet belongs.
   The session for a packet may refer to the flow or connection of an
   encapsulated transport protocol, and the session identifier option
   provides visibility into this at the encapsulation layer. Nodes may
   use the session identifier option to create and maintain session
   state for encapsulated flows, and in turn can affect packet
   processing on the basis of this state.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat