Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-00.txt

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 01:03:05 +0200

I talked briefly on this subject at the Dallas IETF, and I put together 
a draft with what I've found so far.

The draft is quite short but covers both IPv4 and IPv6, and also touches 
upon multicast.

I've yet to check that the draft is consistent with how private VLANs 
are configured with IPv4 and IPv6, so anybody with information in that 
area is welcome to help. Also, I didn't find any good reference to Cable 
deployment using split-horizon.

If we have time on the agenda I'd like to talk about this in Prague; I 
think this makes sense as an intarea WG document but I'm interested in 
other suggestions.

Thanks,
     Erik

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 06 Jul 2015 15:39:41 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>, Erik Nordmark 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Erik Nordmark and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl
Revision:	00
Title:		IP over Intentionally Partially Partitioned Links
Document date:	2015-07-07
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-00.txt
Status:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl/
Htmlized:https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nordmark-intarea-ippl-00

Abstract:
    IP makes certain assumptions about the L2 forwarding behavior of a
    multi-access IP link.  However, there are several forms of
    intentional partitioning of links ranging from split-horizon to
    Private VLANs that violate some of those assumptions.  This document
    specifies that link behavior and how IP handles links with those
    properties.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat