Subject: [Int-area] RFC 7588 on A Widely Deployed Solution to the Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Fragmentation Problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7588

        Title:      A Widely Deployed Solution to 
                    the Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Fragmentation 
                    Problem 
        Author:     R. Bonica, C. Pignataro, J. Touch
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24453
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-gre-mtu-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7588

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7588

This memo describes how many vendors have solved the Generic Routing
Encapsulation (GRE) fragmentation problem.  The solution described
herein is configurable.  It is widely deployed on the Internet in its
default configuration.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC