Subject: [Int-area] Call for adoption of draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-01.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 00:13:43 +0000

Hi all,
   This draft was presented at the intarea face to face meeting in 
London (IETF89) and has received significant feedback since both at the 
meeting and on/off list. The authors have published a new revision that 
they believe addresses the comments and have requested WG adoption of 
the draft. This call is being initiated to determine whether there is WG 
consensus towards adoption of 
draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-01.txt as an intarea WG draft. 
The draft is available at

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-01
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-baccelli-intarea-adhoc-wireless-com-01.txt

Please state whether or not you're in favor of the adoption by replying 
to this email. If you are not in favor, please also state your 
objections in your response. This adoption call will complete on 2015-10-27.

Regards
Suresh & Juan Carlos

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:42:58 -0400

> objections in your response. This adoption call will complete on 2015-10-27.

I’m very much in favor of adopting.   I think this is useful information which should be captured and made available, and I hope that there are a few people here who can contribute some technical expertise in terms of making it as comprehensive as is useful.

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:21:53 +0000

All for it as well.

A better understanding of wireless will serve our whole community.

The particular topics in this document apply to int area (eg 6TiSCH) but also routing (ROLL and MANET).

Cheers 

Pascal

> Le 14 oct. 2015 à 20:42, Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Int-area mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:09:56 +0200

Hi,

I support adoption.

In particular, do you think there can be an additional problem to be 
mentioned?

I am thinking about the following problem:
"the well-known 802.11 throughput anomaly where edge users degrade 
performance for all users" that I read while reviewing some article.

Or otherwise, if the draft is considered almost done, I can also agree 
because it has a very good shape already.

Alex

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 22:14:59 +0000

Hi all,
   Based on the response during the adoption call we see that there is 
consensus to adopt this draft as a working group item. Authors please 
resubmit the draft as a working group draft after the submissions reopen.

Thanks
Suresh & Juan Carlos