Subject: [Int-area] New Version Notification for draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01.txt

From: Richard Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:11:44 +0100

A new version of draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health has been posted.

The major change since -00, is the inclusion and preference of BFD
Echo as the health check mechanism when available.
The draft now has an informational reference to Broadband Forum's
TR-146 document which also discusses this problem.

The authors believe that this draft builds on the method suggested in
TR-146 in the following ways:
- Prefers BFD Echo, but allows for ARP/ND methods when not available.
- Defaults to DHCP renew as an action, but specifies optional
alternative actions to expedite recovery.
- Provides a DHCP Option to allow network administrators to signal
parameters dynamically to CEs.

On 12/06/2018, 10:11, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Richard Patterson and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Revision:01
    Title:IPoE Client Health Checking
    Document date:2018-06-12
    Group:Individual Submission
    Pages:12
    URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01.txt
    Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health/
    Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01
    Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health
    Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01

    Abstract:
       PPP over Ethernet clients have the functionality to detect path
       unavailability by using PPP Keepalives.  IP over Ethernet does not
       have this functionality, and it's not specified when an IP over
       Ethernet client should consider its WAN connectivity down, unless
       there is a physical layer link down event.

       This document describes a way for IP over Ethernet clients to achieve
       connectivity validation, similar to that of PPP over Ethernet, by
       using BFD Echo, or ARP and Neighbor Discovery functions.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat