Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:34:02 -0700

Hello,

This draft describes how to encoded routing information in Firewall
and Service Tickets (draft-herbert-fast-00). The basic idea is that
packets carry instructions on how they are routed in a network. An
important feature of FAST is that tickets can be reflected by a peer
in communication so that the routing can be applied in the return
path. This can be exploited to set the locator of a mobile node, or to
indicate the backend server for a flow when doing layer 4 load
balancing.

Comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-route-fast
Revision:       00
Title:          Encoding Routing in Firewall and Service Tickets
Document date:  2018-10-10
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          18
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-route-fast/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-route-fast-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-route-fast

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to encode routing information in
   Firewall and Service Tickets (FAST). Encoded routing information
   provides the local routing for packets sent in either the forward or
   return paths of a flow. FAST ticket reflection at peer hosts ensures
   that the routing information is attached to packets being sent in the
   return path. When a packet with a FAST ticket containing routing
   information enters the network in which the ticket was issued, the
   ticket is parsed to extract the routing information and is forwarded
   per the information. Routing in Firewall and Service Tickets has a
   number of use cases. It can be used as a type of source routing, used
   with identifier-locator protocols to provide a locator in the return
   path, and can be used to specify a backend instance in Layer 4 load
   balancing for processing connections to a virtual IP address.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat