Subject: [Int-area] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:24:30 -0700

Hello,

Here is the draft for Generic TCP Encapsulation. This is for
encapsulating packets within a TCP stream (to get packets through a
firewall for instance). This is pretty much a straightforward mapping
of GUE message format over TCP. Since TCP gives connection context
there are some optimizations that could be done such as compressing
out a GUE header that is common in every message.

Comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte
Revision:       00
Title:          Generic TCP Encapsulation
Document date:  2018-09-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-tsvwg-gte

Abstract:
   This specification describes Generic TCP Encapsulation (GTE) which is
   a method to encapsulate packets of different IP protocols within TCP
   data streams. Encapsulating packets in TCP facilitates communications
   across networks that block or sub-optimally handle non-TCP traffic.
   GTE is an adaptation of Generic UDP Encapsulation (GUE) to work in
   the context of TCP. GTE employs the GUE encapsulation format and
   optional extensions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat