Subject: Re: (ION) MARS implementations?

From: "Albert Manfredi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:35:37 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
To: ION WG <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, January 25, 1999 9:04 AM
Subject: (ION) MARS implementations?

>Hi all,
>
>My curiosity was recently piqued by seeing a reference to RFC2020
>(MARS) being implemented in coming release of a well known PC OS.
>Every so often I've heard rumors of RFC2020 support being built
>into existing CIP drivers. Is anyone tracking this? Would people
>who've implemented RFC2020 like to post (either to me or the
>mailing list) that they've done so and what their experiences
>have been?  Perhaps this could form part of Andy's "what ION has
>done" summation at the upcoming IETF.

Sorry, Grenville, but this didn't look right. Check the RFC Index:

2020 IEEE 802.12 Interface MIB. J. Flick. October 1996. (Format:
     TXT=72135 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

2022 Support for Multicast over UNI 3.0/3.1 based ATM Networks. G.
     Armitage. November 1996. (Format: TXT=189219 bytes) (Status:
PROPOSED
     STANDARD)

Don't know if the typo was in the RFC # or whether what these folk
implemented was not MARS after all.

Bert
[email-masked]

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.

---

From: Grenville Armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:26:45 -0500

Albert Manfredi wrote:
	[..]
> Sorry, Grenville, but this didn't look right. Check the RFC Index:

You're quite right, brain glitch on my part. I meant to write
RFC2022 each time - I'm interested in knowing where
its been implemented and what the experiences have been.

cheers,
gja
________________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                            http://mh005.infi.net/~gja
Multiservice Core Data Networks                http://www.lucent.com/dns
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe ion' in the body of the message.