Subject: (ION) RFC 2492 on IPv6 over ATM Networks

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:02:34 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2492:

        Title:	    IPv6 over ATM Networks
	Author(s):  G. Armitage, P. Schulter, M. Jork
	Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1999
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      12
        Characters: 21199
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None    
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ion-atm-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2492.txt

This document is a companion to the ION working group's architecture
document, "IPv6 over Non Broadcast Multiple Access (NBMA) networks".
It provides specific details on how to apply the IPv6 over NBMA
architecture to ATM networks. This architecture allows conventional
host-side operation of the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery protocol, while
also supporting the establishment of \'shortcut' ATM forwarding paths
(when using SVCs).  Operation over administratively configured Point
to Point PVCs is also supported.

This document is a product of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol. 

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.