Subject: [Iotops] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-00.txt

From: Kiran Makhijani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:16:57 -0800

Hello iotops group,

We would like to receive feedback of this document.
Besides the name itself, there is a major change to the document - now instead of talking about the framework, I have discussed impact and requirements when virtualized PLCs are added to industrial networks. The purpose of the document is still about the convergence of IT/OT networks but this time these is a specific use case in the context.
Please take a look at the text and provide your comments.
Cheers,

Kiran

---------- Forwarded Message ---------
From: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-00.txt
Date: Jan 16 2022, at 8:09 pm
To: Kiran Makhijani <[email-masked]>, Lijun Dong <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kiran Makhijani and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk
Revision: 00
Title: Framework For Integrated Industrial Networks
Document date: 2022-01-16
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 25
URL: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk/
Html: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk-00.html
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-km-iotops-iiot-frwk

Abstract:
Industry control networks host a diverse set of non-internet
protocols supporting Industrial-IoT and legacy device connections.
These networks are physically separated from the enterprise networks
and have been slow to adopt the virtualization technologies.
Virtualization is necessary to remove the boundaries between the
enterprise and process control networks. This document specifies a
framework for the converged industrial network. Specifically, it
focuses on the virtual PLC scenario. It covers transition
technologies required for the convergence of industrial devices with
the enterprise application endpoints.

The IETF Secretariat