Subject: IP address as a part of Config ROM

From: "Kannan. S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:55:51 +0530

Hello,

    Would'nt it be helpful to have IP address(es) and the unicast FIFO
Address as a part of the unit directory mandated by the draft?. How
meaningful would it be to cause a bus reset in case of a change in IP
address ?( I understand that this issue goes beyond the spec ).

/Kannan.S

---

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:16:51 -0700

If you look back through the archives (from Dec 98-March 99, I think) this
was discussed and we did not think it was appropriate.

-myron

-----Original Message-----
From: Kannan. S [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 3:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IP address as a part of Config ROM

Hello,

/Kannan.S