Subject: Protocol Action: IPv4 over IEEE 1394 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:26:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IPv4 over IEEE 1394'
<draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-19.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the IP Over IEEE 1394 Working Group.  The IESG
contact persons are Erik Nordmark and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

This document specifies how to use IEEE Std 1394-1995, Standard for a
High Performance Serial Bus (and its supplements), for the transport of
Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) datagrams. It defines the necessary
methods, data structures and codes for that purpose and additionally
defines a method for Address Resolution.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus is the WG to advance the document.
The IEEE continues to develop 1394 and there might be future
extensions for how IP/1394 works over 1394 bridges.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark and
Thomas Narten.

Note to RFC Editor:

RFCs 791 & 2119 are referenced in text but not listed in references.
The IESG requests the RFC Editor to include RFCs 791 and 2119 in the
references section.