Subject: Next Interop Event

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:05:02 -0700

I think there is a need for another interoperability event, this time to be
focused upon DHCP and MCAP issues.

Such an event probably needs some advance planning on what is to be tested
and the test matrix we intend to use. Of course, as all past coordinators
can attest, it also needs significant logistical support.

What if we defer the question of when and where (for the time being) and
focus on the following:

1) Is there a perceived need for another event? Who would likely participate?

2) What are the test scenarios, DHCP and MCAP, for which we should prepare?

3) Is a possible outcome of the cumulative experience from these events a
compliance specification and/or tests? Has the IETF created such ancillary
documents and tests in the past?

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:00:29 -0400

> focused upon DHCP and MCAP issues.

For DHCP interoperability testing, I'd strongly urge that you involve
the DHCP community. Indeed, they have done a lot of testing and I
believe still do on occasion. I.e., this is a DHCP testing issue
(relay agents and servers), more than a 1394 testing issue (which
would just be the client part). You might want to contact Mike Carney
<[email-masked]>, who has organized DHCP testing at
Interop in the past.

Thomas