Subject: RFC 2855 on DHCP for IEEE 1394

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:49:03 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2855

        Title:      DHCP for IEEE 1394
        Author(s):  K. Fujisawa
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8070
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ip1394-dhcp-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2855.txt

IEEE Std 1394-1995 is a standard for a High Performance Serial Bus.
Since 1394 uses a different link-layer addressing method than
conventional IEEE802/Ethernet, the usage of some fields must be
clarified to achieve interoperability.  This memo describes the 1394
specific usage of some fields of DHCP messages.

This document is a product of the IP Over IEEE 1394 Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.