Subject: shutting down this list

From: "Hattig, Myron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:40:00 -0700

This list was created as part of the IETF IP1394 WG to define IPv4 over IEEE 1394. Despite that goal being accomplished some ago; this list was maintained to have follow-up discussions about IPv4 over 1394 and related issues like IPv6 over 1394 or bridging over 1394. Since the vast majority of the traffic on this list is junk-mail, I'd like to shut it down. If anyone would like to create another list to replace this list, I'd be happy to help with the transition.

Best regards,

Myron Hattig
Previously known as IP1394 WG Co-Chair

---

From: Peter Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:45:32 -0700

At 08:40 AM 6/18/01, Hattig, Myron wrote:

>This list was created as part of the IETF IP1394 WG to define IPv4 over
>IEEE 1394. Despite that goal being accomplished some [time] ago; this list
>was maintained to have follow-up discussions about IPv4 over 1394 and
>related issues like IPv6 over 1394 or bridging over 1394. Since the vast
>majority of the traffic on this list is junk-mail, I'd like to shut it
>down. If anyone would like to create another list to replace this list,
>I'd be happy to help with the transition.

Myron, I think continued existence of this list would be valuable. Could we
not just change the posting requirements so that one has to be subscribed
in order to be able to post? I subscribe to some automated lists that are
fairly sophisticated:if you submit a subscription request, a verification
message is sent to the intended subscription address and a response must be
made from that address before the subscription is created.

By the way, I received substantial response to the poll on continued IP
over 1394 work. I'll collate the results and publish them (on this
reflector) after I'm back in the office next week.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jenness, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:02:55 -0400

I follow this list, in addition to a few others, in which I'm more active.
This is the ONLY one that I follow that has such severe junk-mail problems,
so I conclude that there must be a way to restrict it, as Peter suggests.
Coincidentally, my business interest in this subject is just starting to
revive.  I support moving it to a new, more restricted server.

Bob Jenness
Siemens
Boca Raton, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Johansson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 11:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: shutting down this list

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707

(510) 527-3926
(510) 527-3856 FAX

[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Teener <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:56:38 -0700

Hi, Myron.

We'd be glad to host the IP1394 list. We even filter out all the silly junk
mail ....

=============================================================
Michael D. Johas Teener
Chief Technical Officer, Zayante, Inc.
269 Mt. Hermon Rd. #200, Scotts Valley, CA 95066-4000, USA
voice:+1-831-461-4901  fax:+1-831-461-1394 http://www.zayante.com
mailto:[email-masked] PGP ID 0x3179D202 http://xns.org/=Michael%20Teener

> ----------
> From:         Hattig, Myron
> Reply To:     Hattig, Myron
> Sent:         Monday, June 18, 2001 8:40 AM
> To:   [email-masked]
> Subject:      shutting down this list
>
> IEEE 1394. Despite that goal being accomplished some ago; this list was
> maintained to have follow-up discussions about IPv4 over 1394 and related
> issues like IPv6 over 1394 or bridging over 1394. Since the vast majority
> of the traffic on this list is junk-mail, I'd like to shut it down. If
> anyone would like to create another list to replace this list, I'd be
> happy to help with the transition.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Myron Hattig