Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-ipover-802d14-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:41:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Logical IP Subnetworks over IEEE 802.14 Services
	Author(s)	: M. Laubach
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipcdn-ipover-802d14-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 13-Mar-98
	
   This memo defines an initial application of classical IP and ARP in
   an IEEE 802.14 Community Access Television (CATV) Residential Access
   Network environment.  IEEE 802.14 services provide two independent
   link layer service interfaces which are available to support IP
   residential access networking services: traditional Ethernet bridging
   (via IEEE 802.1D layer services) and residential ATM networking
   services.
 
   In this memo, the term Logical IP Subnetwork (LIS) is defined to
   apply to Classical IP over ATM LIS's operating over IEEE 802.14
   services as well as traditional IP over Ethernet operating over IEEE
   802.14 services.
 
   The recommendations in this draft rely on existing IETF standards for
   the family of Classical IP and ARP over ATM (IPOA) services and for
   IP and ARP over Broadcast Ethernet networks.  The tree-based
   hierarchic nature of the IEEE 802.14 MAC subnetwork permits
   convenient extensions to Classical IPOA model for broadcast and
   multicast in the downstream direction of the CATV plant.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipcdn-ipover-802d14-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-ipover-802d14-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-ipover-802d14-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.