Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:03:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Baseline Privacy Interface Management Information Base
                          for MCNS Compliant Cable Modems and 
                          Cable Modem Termination Systems
	Author(s)	: R. Woundy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 22-Jul-98
	
   This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management
   Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in
   the Internet community.  In particular, it defines a basic set of
   managed objects for SNMP-based management of the Baseline Privacy
   Interface for MCNS compliant cable modems and cable modem termination
   systems. This MIB is defined as an extension to the MCNS Radio
   Frequency Interface MIB [5].
 
   This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
   SNMPv2 SMI.  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP framework
   and existing SNMP standards.
 
   This memo does not specify a standard for the Internet community.
 
   This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet
   Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
   addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
   and/or the author.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.