Subject: RFC 2669 - CableDevice MIB Object ID { mib-2 69 } vs { experiment al 83 }

From: "Beifuss, Tom (SD-EX)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:04:53 -0700

Does the DOCSIS requirement for the RFC 2669 version of the Cable Device MIB
cause some
DOCSIS 1.0 CM's to use the old { experimental 83 } OID while other DOCSIS
1.0 CM's use
the new { mib-2 69 } OID?

If so, won't it be a big pain in the neck to view event log, set up filters
and the NMAccess table,
reset the modem, and all the other wonderful things the CD MIB controls?

Tom Beifuss

---

From: "Mike St. Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 16:04:30 -0700

>reset the modem, and all the other wonderful things the CD MIB controls?

Yes - but we understand that this will be a pain from our side.  We can't 
use the experimental oids for this any longer due to IETF rules.  We're 
already used to having to play games with the OIDS based on the type of the 
modem.

Mike