Subject: Agenda

From: "Mike St. Johns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:40:06 -0800

This is a brief 1-hour meeting to cover some still open topics.

0)  Agenda bashing
1)  Review of the BPI+ MIB
2)  Discussion of SNMPv3 and IPv6 objects for RF and CM Mib
3)  Discussion of charter revision
4)  Other business.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:01:37 +0100

Hello,

> 3)  Discussion of charter revision

On the agenda the EuroModem MIB topic is missing. I would like to 
spend a seperate agenda item on it rather than to handle it under 
"Other business", although it might happen that there are no further 
comments on it and that they go straight through as RFC drafts.

Christof

--------------------------------------------------------------
Christof Ricken              Alcatel SEL AG
Carrier Data Division        D-70435 Stuttgart, Germany
Cable Access Business Unit   Dept.:   CDS/EA
                             Phone:   +49 (0)711 821 - 4 42 74
                             Telefax: +49 (0)711 821 - 4 50 68
                             E-Mail:  [email-masked]
                  http://home.t-online.de/home/Christof.Ricken
--------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ran Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:20:45 -0500

It is definitely the case that the EuroModem MIB is not ready
to be standardised in RFC form yet.  It needs more review,
for openers.  This is an important IPCDN activity, however.  
I would urge that "EuroModem MIB Status" be added as an
Agenda item and that "EuroModem MIB standardisation" also 
be added, as a sub-item under the existing
"Charter Revision" agenda item.

Further, if the EuroModem MIBs are online as I-Ds, it would 
be very helpful if the full filenames for those I-Ds could
get enumerated in a brief message to this list.

From an operator perspective, it is regrettable that the existing
IPCDN MIBs did not crisply separate the Physical-layer RF properties
(e.g. transmit power level) from DOCSIS-specific properties.
It would be helpful to operators if the MIBs could somehow collectively 
evolve to have the following separation:
	RF MIB  - Generic variables
		- DOCSIS-specific variables
		- EuroModem-specific variables
	CD MIB	- Generic variables (e.g. IP filters)
		- DOCSIS-specific variables
		- EuroModem-specific variables
This vision might or might not be feasible, but is something I hope
we could at least discuss regarding future work for the IPCDN WG.

Ran
[email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:30:57 -0500

> 3)  Discussion of charter revision

It might help for us to iterate (email preferable, otherwise in
person) before then. I assume the WG needs input into the actual
deliverables. I'm more focussed on the general charter, and that's
less productive to do via group iteration, at least before  we're on
the same page.

Thomas

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:34:46 -0500

Sigh, burned by Reply-to... obviously meant to go to Mike only.

Thomas