Subject: Config File Creation and assigning Filters

From: Jayabalan subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:22:48 +0530

Hello,

Does anyone know where to get hold of the source code for the Java based
MCNS Config File Editor. We intend to integrate it with the billing
front end. Is there any other way of creating a config file using a
standard template?

Secondly we are trying to assign filters to the individual cable modems
using the Config File itself. Using the Config File Editor to do this
seems cumbersome as the Config File Editor requires the values to be
input using hexadecimal codes. Is there a way to do this in straight
forward manner? Using SNMP management to do this has a problem.
Resetting the modem clears the filters.

Your valuable suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jayabalan

---

From: Ran Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:32:46 -0500

I'm not aware of any -Public Domain- Java-based MCNS Config File
Editor.  I'm aware of at least 2, but both are proprietary products that
are not freely distributable.

	If there is a freely distributable one, the URL would
be interesting to most of this mailing list IMHO.

Ran