Subject: Additional BPI+ MIB Changes

From: Stuart Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:09:56 -0500

Hi,
  I am considering making a couple of additional BPI+ MIB changes.
The changes make CMTS implementations more flexible by removing
some additional requirements brought about by the BPI+ MIB.
  The changes are below.  Please provide any feedback by the end 
of this week if possible.  Thanks.

1) Remove "Root certificates must be placed into this table prior
to manufacturer certificates" and remove "Note" as well:
docsBpi2CmtsCACertTable OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX  	SEQUENCE OF DocsBpi2CmtsCACertEntry
	MAX-ACCESS 	not-accessible
	STATUS  	current
	DESCRIPTION
		"The table of known certificate authority certificates
	at this	device.  Root certificates must be placed into this
	table prior to manufacturer certificates.
	Note: A cert that does not conform to the format specified in
	Section 9.2 of the BPI+ spec MUST be excluded from this
	table."
	::= { docsBpi2CmtsCertObjects 2 }

2) Remove "Note":
docsBpi2CmtsProvisionedCmCertTable OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX		SEQUENCE OF DocsBpi2CmtsProvisionedCmCertEntry
	MAX-ACCESS 	not-accessible
	STATUS  	current
	DESCRIPTION
		"A table of CM certificate trust entries provisioned
	to the CMTS.  This table overrides CM Certificate entries
	located in the CMTS' authorization table.
	Note: A cert that does not conform to the format specified in
	Section 9.2 of the BPI+ spec MUST be excluded from this
	table."
	::= { docsBpi2CmtsCertObjects 1 }

3) Remove chained as a value.  It is not necessary since non-provisioned
cm certs are chained by default:
docsBpi2CmtsProvisionedCmCertTrust		OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX  	INTEGER {
    			trusted (1),
    			untrusted (2),
    			chained (3)
			}
	MAX-ACCESS 	read-create
	STATUS  	current
	DESCRIPTION
		"Trust state for the provisioned CM certificate entry.
	Note: Setting this object need only override the validity of
	CM certificates sent in future authorization requests."
	REFERENCE
		"DOCSIS Baseline Privacy Plus Interface Specification,
	Section 9.4.1."
	::= { docsBpi2CmtsProvisionedCmCertEntry 2 }

4) Add a sentence which says that deleting rows for actively used
CA certs MAY NOT succeed depending on CMTS implementation.
docsBpi2CmtsCACertStatus OBJECT-TYPE
	SYNTAX  	RowStatus
	MAX-ACCESS 	read-create
	STATUS  	current
	DESCRIPTION
		"Standard RowStatus object for creating and deleting
	entries	in this table.  Of the objects in the row controlled
	by this	object, only docsBpi2CmtsCACertTrust may be modified
	while the row is active."
	::= { docsBpi2CmtsCACertEntry 7 }

-- 
Stuart M. Green
Arris Interactive - A Nortel Networks / Antec Venture
6 Riverside Drive
Andover, MA 01810
(978) 946-4664
[email-masked]