Subject: New BPI MIB: docsBpiCmtsDefaultAuth/TEKGraceTime

From: Kazuyoshi Ozawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:59:57 -0700

I am now reviewing the new BPI MIB draft again but I cannot
remember why we need to remove both docsBpiCmtsDefaultAuthGraceTime
and docsBpiCmtsDefaultTEKGraceTime.

I remember that, according to the BPI spec, the CMTS is not 
required to use the TEK/Auth Grace Time for their key management. 
However, at the same time, I think that there are some CMTSs which 
are actually using these values for their key management......

If it's ok for all the CMTS vendors to remove these 2 object, I'm 
fine.  Therefore, I definitly welcome the review by the CMTS vendors.

Thank you for your help.
kaz

Kaz Ozawa
Toshiba Visiting Engineer at CableLabs
Tel: 303-661-3860 (direct); 9199 (fax); 9100 (main)
Email: [email-masked] / [email-masked]

---

From: Man Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:22:45 -0800 (PST)

> and docsBpiCmtsDefaultTEKGraceTime.

Grace times are not CMTS parameters. There is no use for default values
in the CMTS. All CMs running BPI will have their own grace periods which
comes from config file. 

> fine.  Therefore, I definitly welcome the review by the CMTS vendors.

It is fine with Cisco CMTS to have them removed.

- mansonw