Subject: RE: BPI (not BPI+) MIB Internet Draft

From: Kazuyoshi Ozawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 21:28:14 -0700

Rich,

I have a couple of comments.

section 2.7
According to CableLabs' definition, 
"Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications"
instead of "Data Over Cable Interface Specification"

section 3.2, 2nd bullet says;
  The Baseline Privacy management interface needs to support
  operator configuration of Authorization and TEK Finite State
  Machine (FSM) parameters, for performance tuning and security
  incident handling.  The CMTS MUST support configuring and
  viewing all FSM-related parameters, including baseline privacy
  status (enabled or disabled), key lifetimes, key grace times,
  and state timeout values.  The CM MUST support viewing these
  parameters where possible.

I understand that, while the BPI MIB does not support configuring 
the baseline privacy status, etc, I think the above paragraph is 
a general requirement for OSSI and the above paragraph is fine.
(If the above paragraph is a requirement for the MIB, it may
be better to remove "configuring and".)

section 6, References
[18] through [21], the URLs for these documents have been 
changed.  I think we only be able to specify
   http://www.cablemodem.com/
for all of these 4 documents.

Thanks,
kaz

Kaz Ozawa
Toshiba Visiting Engineer at CableLabs
Tel: 303-661-3860 (direct); 9199 (fax); 9100 (main)
Email: [email-masked] / [email-masked]