Subject: New BPI MIB (bpi-mib-01) is now available on the IETF Web

From: Kazuyoshi Ozawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:48:09 -0700

All,

Thanks to Rich Woundy from Cisco Systems, the new Internet
Draft of BPI MIB is now available on the IETF web, too!!!!

Please visit the page for the list of Internet Drafts for IPCDN WG
at http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/ipcdn.html
Or directly get the BPI+ MIB at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-mcns-bpi-mib-01.txt

I believe that this version will be the best one to resolve the 
technical issues the bpi-mib-00 with the minimum impact.
Therefore, I am planning to propose an ECR to change the DOCSIS 
BPI MIB requirement from bpi-mib-00 to this.  If the ECR is 
accepted as an ECN, it will become effective for the DOCSIS 
certification which starts two month or more after the acceptance.

I also planning to require the 1.1 CM to support this BPI MIB when 
it is connected to the 1.0 CMTS and is operating in BPI mode.

Thanks,
kaz

Kaz Ozawa
Toshiba Visiting Engineer at CableLabs
Tel: 303-661-3860 (direct); 9199 (fax); 9100 (main)
Email: [email-masked] / [email-masked]