Subject: Question about rfc2670 resubmitted

From: Jim Kuhfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:52:34 -0700

I subscribed to the list again and am resubmitting this question since
I did not receive a copy of the post I made yesterday. I submitted a
variation on this question a few weeks ago. I did receive 4 copies of
that note, but saw no responses and have seen no other traffic on this 
list. My question is:

Is there a reason for the inconsistent syntax?

 docsIfCmtsServiceCmStatusIndex OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      Integer32 (0..65535)
         MAX-ACCESS  read-only
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "Pointer to an entry in docsIfCmtsCmStatusTable identifying
              the Cable Modem using this Service Queue. If multiple
              Cable Modems are using this Service Queue, the value of
              this object is zero."
         ::= { docsIfCmtsServiceEntry 2 }

 docsIfCmtsCmStatusIndex OBJECT-TYPE
         SYNTAX      Integer32 (1..2147483647)
         MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
         STATUS      current
         DESCRIPTION
             "Index value to uniquely identify an entry in this table.
              For an individual Cable Modem, this index value should
              not change during CMTS uptime."
         ::= { docsIfCmtsCmStatusEntry 1 }