Subject: [ipcdn] Question about interaction between External Classifiers and Polic y Based Classifiers

From: "Gummadidala, Kishore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:29:54 -0700

Hi All,

I have a question which can be better asked by means of a
scenario (at least I hope it will be).. So please read on and
let me know what you think ought to happen..
 
Consider the following case. Classifiers 2,5,10,13 in the
DocsDevFilterIpTable all have the continue bit ON. Classifiers
2,10 have the their policies (via docsDevFilterPolicyTable) 
pointing to the DocsQosServiceClassPolicyTable entries 1,2 
respectively. These entries specify 
1:{GoldServiceClassName,2}
2:{SilverServiceClassName,1}
Classifier 13 has a ToS overwrite policy. Classifier 5 does 
not have any policy associated with it.

In summary the relevant entries of the DocsDevFilterTable look 
like this:

                  Continue    Policy 
2:                   Y        DocsQosServiceClassPolicyTable[2]   
5:                   Y        -
10:                  Y        DocsQosServiceClassPolicyTable[1]
13:                  Y        DocsDevFilterTosTable[1]

Now a packet comes in which matches Classifiers 2,5,10,13 only. 
When it finally hits the DOCSIS MAC layer, what will be passed 
in the MAC_DATA.request??

a) Will it be {GoldServiceClassName,2} which is the last QoS policy
   that would have applied?

OR

b) Will no SCN/RulePriority combo be passed to the MAC layer since 
   the last CD classifier that matched did not have an associated 
   QoS policy?

Any thoughts you might have on this will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

-Kishore.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn