Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN Agenda

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:00:33 -0500

Folks,

The IPCDN WG will meet in Minneapolis, MN on Monday, March 19th, 2001, 
between 1:00pm-3:00pm.

The topics I would hope to see covered include the following:

* WG charter revision update
  (latest charter posted January 23rd to the mailing list)
* Euromodem NIU MIB and Interface MIB
  <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbnetint-mib-03.txt>
  <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbniuif-mib-00.txt>
* DOCSIS 1.1 QoS MIB update
  in progress?
* DOCSIS 1.1 Notifications update
  in progress
* DOCSIS Subscriber Management MIB update
  <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-03.txt>
  (I need to see the final cable operator requirements/statement from 
someone at CableLabs)
* RFC 2669/2670 (DOCSIS Cable Device MIB and RF Interface MIB) updates
  (RFC 2670 update posted February 23rd to the mailing list, RFC 2669 
update in progress)
* BPI+ MIB update
  in progress?
* DOCSIS Usage of RFC 2933 MIB update
  in progress
* Account Management Control MIB
  unknown progress -- is this effort worthwhile?

Authors: could you let Andy Valentine and I know if you are working on a 
presentation? if so, who will be presenting it?

I would really appreciate two additional presentations: "CableLabs 
Perspectives on IPv6" (which impacts almost every MIB in this WG), and 
"Technical Issues with Multiple CMs in the Same Subscriber Premise" (which 
is being considered by the CableHome project, 
<http://www.cablelabs.com/homenetworks/>, and creates lots of new CM 
requirements).

I would also like to remind internet-draft authors that the deadline for 
submitting updated drafts is this Friday, March 2nd, 5:00pm EST.

Here is an update on the status of several IPCDN specifications:
- The DOCSIS BPI MIB is in the RFC Editor's queue for publication as an 
informational RFC.
- The Euromodem NIU MIB is in WG last-call. We anticipate only minor 
comments, which would be incorporated into a final draft that will be sent 
to the IESG for consideration as a proposed standard RFC.
- I would like to see final versions of the DOCSIS 1.1 QoS MIB and the 
DOCSIS Usage of RFC 2933 MIB to start WG last-call as soon as possible.
- Depending on input from CableLabs about cable operator requirements, we 
should start the WG last-call for the Subscriber Management MIB.

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn