Subject: [ipcdn] Fwd: working group presentations available

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 01:50:42 -0500

Folks,

The meeting minutes and slides from the San Diego WG meeting are now 
available on the IETF website:
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00dec/00dec-51.htm#P6379_312672>

I will be deleting the files listed below from the Cisco FTP server very soon.

-- Rich

>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 4.3.2
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:33:01 -0500
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [ipcdn] working group presentations available
>Sender: [email-masked]
>X-Mailman-Version: 1.0
>List-Id: IP over Cable Data Network <ipcdn.ietf.org>
>X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
>
>Folks,
>
>I have zipped the working group presentation powerpoint slides for ftp 
>retrieval from <ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-121300.zip>.
>
>One can retrieve individual powerpoint (or pdf-converted) slides from this 
>location as well:
>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-agenda-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-bpi+mib-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-bpimib-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-docsisigmp-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-docsisqos-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-euromodem-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-eventtrap-121300.ppt>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-rfcupdates-121300.ppt>
>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-agenda-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-bpi+mib-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-bpimib-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-docsisigmp-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-docsisqos-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-euromodem-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-eventtrap-121300.pdf>
><ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/ftp/rwoundy/ipcdn-rfcupdates-121300.pdf>
>
>I can leave these files on this ftp server for about a month or two. I 
>wanted to avoid sending ~4 MB of files to the mailing list exploder.
>
>Note that the working group discussion sometimes deviated from these 
>slides. There were no slides for the working group charter or the 
>Subscriber Management MIB discussions. Let the reader beware.
>
>Thanks again to all the presenters!
>
>-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: John Bradford Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:32:27 -0500 (EST)

In the latest copy of the DOCSIS-QOS MIB
<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt> there is a statement under Section 3 (
Externally Administered Classification ) which reads:

 "The
docsDevIpFilterPacketTable defines similar packet matching criteria as
docsQosPktClassTable, but it matches a packet to an arbitrary 'policy set'
instead of a particular Service Flow."

Is there any such table as docsDevIpFilterPacketTable?  Or is this
supposed to be docsDevIpFilterTable?

John

---

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:23:09 -0500

John,

There are multiple problems here. :^(

First, RFC 2669 and its recent update, 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-01.txt>, 
refer to "docsDevIpFilterTable" in some of its text, but define 
"docsDevFilterIpTable" as the actual MIB object. I'll have to correct this 
in the next update draft.

Second, the QOS MIB sometimes refers to this particular table as 
"docsDevIpFilterTable" (similar to the error above), and one time refers to 
the table as "docsDevIpPacketFilterTable" (a new error).

Sigh.

-- Rich

---

From: John Bradford Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:14:44 -0500 (EST)

Rich,

Thank you for getting back to me on this.  I am working with the
intricacies of DOCSIS so these variations can get confusing.

If I may ask another question. . .if the docsQosPktClassTable is "intended
only to reflect the state of the dynamically added Service Flow
Classifiers", then where are the statically-generated classifiers
reflected?

John

---

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:39:17 -0500

>Classifiers", then where are the statically-generated classifiers

I believe they are reflected in docsDevFilterIpTable. My understanding is 
that "statically-generated" is equivalent to "externally administered" in 
the MIB.

See section 3 of the QoS MIB for a more complete explanation.

-- Rich