Subject: [ipcdn] Update to the DOCSIS Cable Device MIB, RFC 2669

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 13:07:48 -0500

Folks,

FYI. I am going to submit the attached Cable Device MIB document as an 
Internet draft today.

For your compiling convenience, I have also attached the raw MIB file. 
There are compilation problems related to the fact that 
docsDevNmAccessGroupV2 is "deprecated", yet it is a group under 
docsDevBasicComplianceV2 which has "current" status. I need to figure out 
how to resolve this.

This document contains the following revisions over Mike's last revision of 
RFC 2669:

    o    All IPv4 address objects were either deprecated and replaced, or
         mirrored with IPv6 objects where appropriate, following the
         guidelines of RFC 2851.

    o    A new object, docsDevIgmpModeControl, has been added to control
         passive versus active IGMP modem operation.

    o    References to the QoS and Subscriber Management MIBs have been 
added throughout the text.

Items that still need to be resolved or completed:

    o    Does the QoS MIB define "Outbound LLC filters"?

    o    Need to resolve the debate about docsDevNmAccessTable versus SNMP 
co-existance et. al.

    o    Need to resolve the debate about support for multiple CPE-side 
interfaces, and other DOCSIS
         OSS conflicts with this MIB.

    o    Missed update(s) to support maximum number of rows in bridging table.

I did not complete as many RFC 2669-update tasks as I would have liked, 
because I have to attend to a death in the family today, and the submission 
deadline is looming. I would like to start collecting the complete set of 
unfinished edits for the next revision.

-- Richard Woundy

P.S. I never did receive the nroff versions of RFC 2669 or 2670, so I had 
to reformat these documents myself. :^(