Subject: [ipcdn] Issues with DOCS-SUBMGT-MIB

From: "Haridass, Govind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:48:28 -0800

Hi,

	There is an issue with the docsSubMgtPktFilterTable and
	docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable.

	In section 2.2.4 in the draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-03,
	the first bullet says that the row in second table can be created 
	only when the first table exists.

	1.  What does the term exist mean ?  Does it mean active
	row ?  As there is no mention on the row status of the row,
	there is a HEAVY  POSSIBILITY  OF  INTEROPERABILITY
	PROBLEMS.

	2.  Only deletion status is mentioned in the document.  What
	is the impact of change in the row status of
docsSubMgtPktFilterTable
	on the docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable row ? (mainly from active
	to notInService)

	Unless these issues are properly addressed and explained, there
	is a chance of breach in interoperability.

	Thanks.

===
With Warm Regards,
Govind,
Riverstone Networks.
http://www.riverstonenet.com/

My eCode: Govi       Web Biz Card: http://eCode.com/?Govi

==============================================================
     Never Take anyone for granted and never let anyone take you for
granted.
==============================================================

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn