Subject: [ipcdn] MIB report card, according to Bill Fenner

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:21:23 -0500

Folks,

For what it's worth. I thought you might be interested in the following 
link: <http://www.aciri.org/fenner/mibs/htmllint/>. It shows the results of 
MIB compilation for current internet-drafts.

There are some false negative reports in our set of MIBs -- particularly 
the two published DVB NIU MIBs, where Bill's compiler seems to choke on the 
page separators. Otherwise, it does seem to perform some useful checks. 
Some common complaints about our MIBs include the following.

Date formats: starting with year 2000, you have to specify the full year, 
e.g. "200011171930Z" not "0011171930Z".

Subtyping in SEQUENCEs: don't put something like "OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))" 
in a SEQUENCE.

Object name lengths: this compiler warned about names longer than 32 
characters (not sure if we can really avoid this).

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn