Subject: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

From: "Pollak, Lucy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:09:07 +0200

Michael.
The docsQosServiceFlowPkts is defined:
	docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE
	...
	    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to
this
	                    service flow. This object does not count
MAC-specific
	                    management messages.
	                    CMs not classifying downstream packets may
report
	                    this object's value as 0. "
The classification process is also applied to the part of MAC-specific
management messages. Is the means of this clarification that
docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets, but
docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. What about unclassified
data packets sent through Primary SF. All of them will not be counted by
both counters. Is this correct?
 
As the result of discussion about docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns you need to
review also its description. This counter also requires DS classification.
There are two proposals (one of them is yours):
1. To write for it the same as for docsQosServiceFlowPkts: 
		"CMs not classifying downstream packets may report this
object's value as 0. "
2. The counter may be useful. It is proposed to count all unknown phs for
primary DS SF:
		"CMs not classifying downstream packets may count all these
packets together and report it for Primary downstream service flow."
Regards.
Lucy Pollak.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael W. Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

Drafts editor, please submit the following update to an existing
draft.

IPCDN'ers: here's the QOS mib update to rev 05 with the various
editorial changes I've promised over the last few months.
The only functional difference is to change
the default value of the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
docsQosPktClassIpDestMask from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255. 

I'll be mailing the standalone MIB under separate cover.

-mike

IPCDN  Working Group                                   Michael Patrick
<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>                      Motorola BCS

               Data Over Cable System Quality of Service
              Management Information Base (DOCSIS-QOS MIB)

                             March 1, 2001

Status of this Memo

   This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
   all the provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are
   working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its
   Areas, and its Working Groups.  Note that other groups may also
   distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as a "work in progress".

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   Copyright (c) The Internet Society 1998.  All Rights Reserved.

Abstract

   This document defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP-based
   management of extended QOS features of Cable Modems (CMs) and Cable
   Modem Termination Systems (CMTSs) conforming to the Data over Cable
   System (DOCSIS) standard version 1.1.

Expires September 2001                              [Page 1]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

Table of Contents

       Status of this Memo...............................   1
       Abstract..........................................   1
       Revision History..................................   2

   1.  Introduction......................................   4
       1.1  Management Framework.........................   4
       1.2  Glossary.....................................   5

   2.  Overview..........................................   7
       2.1  Textual Conventions..........................   7
       2.2  MIB  Organization............................   7
            2.2.1   docsQosPktClassTable.................  11
            2.2.2   docsQosParamSetTable.................  11
            2.2.2.1 Interoperation with DOCSIS 1.0.......  13
            2.2.3   docsQosServiceFlowTable..............  14
            2.2.4   docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable.........  14
            2.2.5   docsQosUpstreamStatsTable............  15
            2.2.6   docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable......  15
            2.2.7   docsQosServiceFlowLogTable...........  16
            2.2.8   docsQosServiceClassTable.............  16
            2.2.9   docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable.......  16
            2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable......................  17
            2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable.........  17

   3.  Externally Administered Classification............  17

   4.  Definitions.......................................  21

   5.  References........................................  74

   6.  Author's Address..................................  76

Revision History

Expires September 2001                              [Page 2]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   Rev  Date               Description
   ---  --------           -----------
   -05  03/01/01           Functional Changes:
                           - Changed default values of
                             dosQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
                             docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255.
                           Editorial Changes:
                           - Corrected ifDirection values in 2.1.
                           - In section 2.2.2.1, clarified which
                             packets/bytes are counted in docsIfCmtsService-
                             InPkts and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets.
                           - Clarified description of dosQosServiceFlowPkts
                             to avoid requiring CMs to classify downstream
                             packets.
                           - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns
only
                             applies to received packets.
                           - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and
                             docsQosParamSetBitMap indicate all parameters
for
                             both adds and changes.

   -04  10/18/00           - Updated descriptions of UGS applicable QOS
                             param set objects.
                           - Added two new docsQosPktClassBitMap bits
                             and *renumbered* the bits.
                           - Added docsQosServiceClassDirection

   -04  10/10/00           - Updated Overview to not mention restriction
                             to SnmpV1.
                           - Updated most docsQosParamSet objects to
                             clarify default and "not applicable" values.
                           - Add docsQosPktClassBitMap,
docsQosParamSetBitMap
                           - Restore docsQosParamSetServiceClassName
                           - Add 5 objects to docsQosServiceFlowLogTable

   -04  10/01/00           - Move six objects from docsQosServiceFlowTable
                             back to docsQosParamSetTable.
                           - Add DCC statistics
                           - Removed notApplicable(256) from
                             docsQosParamSetSchedulingType

   -03  08/11/00           Reorganize docsQosParamSetTable.

   -02  12/08/99           Add docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable,
                           docsQosUpstreamStatsTable,
                           docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable,
                           docsQosServiceFlowLogTable
   -01  06/25/99           Complete rewrite based on -I01 draft
   -00  08/07/98           Initial draft posted for discussion.

Expires September 2001                              [Page 3]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

1.  Introduction

   This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
   SNMP SMIv2[5][6][7].  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP
   framework and existing SNMP standards.

   This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet
   Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
   addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
   and/or the author.

1.1  Management Framework

   The SNMP Management Framework presently consists of five major
   components:

   o   An overall architecture, described in RFC 2271 [1].

   o   Mechanisms for describing and naming objects and events for the
       purpose of management. The first version of this Structure of
       Management Information (SMI) is called SMIv1 and described in
       RFC 1155 [2], RFC 1212 [3] and RFC 1215 [4]. The second version,
       called SMIv2, is described in RFC 1902 [5], RFC 1903 [6] and RFC
       1904 [7].

   o   Message protocols for transferring management information. The
       first version of the SNMP message protocol is called SNMPv1 and
       described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second version of the SNMP message
       protocol, which is not an Internet standards track protocol, is
       called SNMPv2c and described in RFC 1901 [9] and RFC 1906 [10].
       The third version of the message protocol is called SNMPv3 and
       described in RFC 1906 [10], RFC 2272 [11] and RFC 2274 [12].

   o   Protocol operations for accessing management information. The
       first set of protocol operations and associated PDU formats is
       described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second set of protocol operations
       and associated PDU formats is described in RFC 1905 [13].

   o   A set of fundamental applications described in RFC 2273 [14] and
       the view-based access control mechanism described in RFC 2275
       [15].

   Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store, termed
   the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the MIB are
   defined using the mechanisms defined in the SMI.

   This memo specifies a MIB module that is compliant to the SMIv2. A
   MIB conforming to the SMIv1 can be produced through the appropriate

Expires September 2001                              [Page 4]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   translations. The resulting translated MIB must be semantically
   equivalent, except where objects or events are omitted because no
   translation is possible (use of Counter64). Some machine readable
   information in SMIv2 will be converted into textual descriptions in
   SMIv1 during the translation process. However, this loss of machine
   readable information is not considered to change the semantics of the
   MIB.

1.2  Glossary

   Active QPS     Active Qos Parameter Set.  The set of QOS parameters
                  that describe the current level service provided to a
                  Service Flow.

   Active SF      Active Service Flow. An SF with a non-empty Active
                  QPS.

   Admitted QPS   Admitted Qos Parameter Set. The set of QOS parameters
                  that describe a level of service which the Service
                  Flow is not currently using, but which it is
                  guaranteed to receive upon the SF's request to make
                  the set Active.

   Admitted SF    A Service Flow with a non-empty Admitted QPS.

   CATV           Cable TV

   CM             Cable Modem, a modem connecting a subscriber's LAN the
                  CATF RF network. DOCSIS CMs operate as a MAC layer
                  bridge between the home LAN and the RF network.

   CMTS           Cable Modem Termination System, the "head-end" device
                  providing connectivity between the RF network and the
                  Internet.

   Downstream     The direction from the head end towards the
                  subscriber.

   DSA            Dynamic Service Addition, a DOCSIS MAC management
                  message requesting the dynamic creation of a new
                  Service Flow.  New SFs are created with a three-
                  message exchange of a DSA-REQ, DSA-RSP, and DSA-ACK.

   DSC            Dynamic Service Change, a DOCSIS MAC management
                  message requesting a change to the attributes of a
                  Service Flow.  SFs are changed with a three-message
                  exchange of a DSC-REQ, DSC-RSP, and DSC-ACK.

Expires September 2001                              [Page 5]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   DSD            Dynamic Service Delete, a DOCSIS MAC management
                  message requesting the deletion of a Service Flow. SFs
                  are deleted with a two-message exchange of a DSD-REQ
                  and DSD-ACK.

   Head-end       The origination point in most cable systems of the
                  subsriber video signals. It is generally also the
                  location of the CMTS.

   PHS            Payload Header Suppression, a feature of DOCSIS 1.1 in
                  which header bytes that are common in a sequence of
                  packets of a Service Flow are replaced by a one-byte
                  PHSI Index (PHSI) when transmitting the packet on the
                  RF network.

   Provisioned QPS A QOS Parameter Set describing an envelope of service
                  within which a Service Flow is authorized to request
                  admission.  All existing service flows must have a
                  non-empty Provisioned QPS, hence all SFs are
                  considered to be "Provisioned".

   SCN            Service Class Name -- a named set of QOS parameters.
                  A Service Flow may or may not be associated with a
                  single named Service Class.  A Service Class has as an
                  attribute a Qos Parameter Set that is used as the
                  default set of values for all Service Flows belonging
                  to the Service Class.

   SID            Service ID. A 16-bit integer assigned by the CMTS for
                  an Upstream Service Flow with a non-empty Active QOS
                  Parameter Set.

   SF             Service Flow. A unidirectional stream of packets
                  between the CM and CMTS. SFs are characterized as
                  upstream or downstream.  The SF is the fundamental
                  unit of service provided on a DOCSIS CATV network.

   SFID           Service Flow ID.  A 32-bit unsigned integer assigned
                  by the CMTS to each Service Flows

   Upstream       The direction from a subscriber CM to the head-end
                  CMTS.

Expires September 2001                              [Page 6]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

2.  Overview

   This MIB provides a set of objects required for the management of
   DOCSIS 1.1 compliant Cable Modems (CM) and Cable Modem Termination
   Systems (CMTS).  The specification is derived from the DOCSIS 1.1
   Radio Frequency Interface specification [16].   Please note that the
   referenced DOCSIS standard only requires Cable Modems to process IPv4
   customer traffic. Design choices in this MIB reflect those
   requirements.  Future versions of the DOCSIS standard are expected to
   require support for IPv6 as well.

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [19].

2.1  Textual Conventions

   The textual convention "IfDirection" is defined to indicate the
   direction of a packet classifer relative to an interface. It takes
   the values of either downstream(1) or upstream(2).

   The textual convention "BitRate" corresponds to the bits per second
   as defined for QOS Parameter Sets in DOCSIS1.1. This definition
   includes all bits of the Ethernet MAC frame as transmitted on the RF
   network, starting with the Destination Address and ending with the
   Ethernet FCS. It does NOT includes bits in the DOCSIS MAC header.

2.2  MIB Organization

   The structure of the MIB is summarized below:

Expires September 2001                              [Page 7]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   docsQosMIB
     docsQosMIBObjects
       docsQosPktClassTable
         docsQosPktClassEntry
           docsQosPktClassId
           docsQosPktClassDirection
           docsQosPktClassPriority
           docsQosPktClassIpTosLow
           docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh
           docsQosPktClassIpTosMask
           docsQosPktClassIpProtocol
           docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr
           docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask
           docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr
           docsQosPktClassIpDestMask
           docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart
           docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd
           docsQosPktClassDestPortStart
           docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd
           docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr
           docsQosPktClassDestMacMask
           docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr
           docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType
           docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol
           docsQosPktClassUserPriLow
           docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh
           docsQosPktClassVlanId
           docsQosPktClassState
           docsQosPktClassPkts
           docsQosPktClassBitMap
       docsQosParamSetTable
         docsQosParamSetEntry
           docsQosParamSetServiceClassName
           docsQosParamSetPriority
           docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate
           docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst
           docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate
           docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt
           docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout
           docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout
           docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst
           docsQosParamSetSchedulingType
           docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval
           docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter
           docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize
           docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval
           docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter
           docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval
           docsQosParamSetTosAndMask
           docsQosParamSetTosOrMask
           docsQosParamSetMaxLatency

Expires September 2001                              [Page 8]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

           docsQosParamSetType
           docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct
           docsQosParamSetBitMap
       docsQosServiceFlowTable
         docsQosServiceFlowEntry
           docsQosServiceFlowId
           docsQosServiceFlowSID
           docsQosServiceFlowDirection
           docsQosServiceFlowPrimary
       docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable
         docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
           docsQosServiceFlowPkts
           docsQosServiceFlowOctets
           docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated
           docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive
           docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns
           docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts
           docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts
       docsQosUpstreamStatsTable
         docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
           docsQosSID
           docsQosUpstreamFragments
           docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards
           docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts
       docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable
         docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
           docsQosIfDirection
           docsQosDSAReqs
           docsQosDSARsps
           docsQosDSAAcks
           docsQosDSCReqs
           docsQosDSCRsps
           docsQosDSCAcks
           docsQosDSDReqs
           docsQosDSDRsps
           docsQosDynamicAdds
           docsQosDynamicAddFails
           docsQosDynamicChanges
           docsQosDynamicChangeFails
           docsQosDynamicDeletes
           docsQosDynamicDeleteFails
           docsQosDCCReqs
           docsQosDCCRsps
           docsQosDCCAcks
           docsQosDCCs
           docsQosDCCFails
       docsQosServiceFlowLogTable
         docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
           docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex
           docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex
           docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID

Expires September 2001                              [Page 9]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

           docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts
           docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive
           docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary
           docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts
           docsQosServiceFlowLogControl
       docsQosServiceClassTable
         docsQosServiceClassEntry
           docsQosServiceClassName
           docsQosServiceClassStatus
           docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate
           docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst
           docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate
           docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt
           docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst
           docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval
           docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter
           docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize
           docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval
           docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter
           docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval
           docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency
           docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout
           docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout
           docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType
           docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy
           docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask
           docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask
           docsQosServiceClassDirection
       docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable
         docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyName
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus
       docsQosPHSTable
         docsQosPHSEntry
           docsQosPHSField
           docsQosPHSMask
           docsQosPHSSize
           docsQosPHSVerify
           docsQosPHSIndex
       docsQosCMtsMacToSrvFlowTable
         docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
           docsQosCmtsCmMac

Expires September 2001                             [Page 10]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

           docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
           docsQosCmtsIfIndex

   The MIB is organized as 11 tables. Most tables are implemented in
   both the CM and CMTS; the docsQosUpstreamStatsTable and
   docsQosServiceFlowLogTable are implemented on the CMTS only.

2.2.1  docsQosPktClassTable

   The docsQosPktClassTable reports the Service Flow Classifiers
   implemented by the managed device. The table is indexed by the tuple
   { ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId }.  The ifIndex
   corresponds to an CATV MAC interface.  Each CATV MAC interfaces has a
   set of Service Flows, identified with a docsQosServiceFlowId value
   that is unique for that interface. Each service flow may have a
   number of packet classifiers that map packets to the flow. The
   ClassiferId for the classifier is unique only within a particular
   service flow.

   The semantics of packet classification are provided in [16]. Briefly,
   the DOCSIS MAC interface calls for matching packets based on values
   within the 802.2 (LLC), 802.3, IP, and/or  UDP/TCP headers.  Packets
   which map more than one classifier are prioritized according to their
   docsQosPktClassPriority value. The docsQosServiceFlowId (an index
   object) indicates to which service flow the packet is classified.

   The docsQosPktClassTable is distinct from the docsDevIpFilterTable of
   [21] in that docsQosPktClassTable is intended only to reflect the
   state of the dynamically added Service Flow Classifiers. SF
   Classifiers may be created only via a CM configuration file or from
   the Dynamic Service Addition (DSA) messages.  For this reason,
   docsQosPktClassTable is read-only.

   The docsDevIpFilterTable is intended for external administration of
   packet classifiers.  See the section "Externally Administered
   Classification", below.

2.2.2  docsQosParamSetTable

   The docsQosParamSetTable reports the values of Qos Parameter Set as
   defined in Section C.2.2 of [16].

   In general, a Service Flow is associated with three different Qos
   Parameter Sets (QPSs): an "active" QPS, an "admitted" QPS, and a
   "provisioned" or "authorized" QPS.  The relationship of these three
   sets is represented below:

Expires September 2001                             [Page 11]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                         +---------------------+
                         | Provisioned         |
                         |                     |
                         |  +---------------+  |
                         |  |  Admitted     |  |
                         |  |               |  |
                         |  |  +---------+  |  |
                         |  |  |  Active |  |  |
                         |  |  |         |  |  |
                         |  |  +---------+  |  |
                         |  |               |  |
                         |  +---------------+  |
                         |                     |
                         +---------------------+

                       Figure 1: Qos Parameter Sets

   The Provisioned QPS describes the maximum service envelope for which
   the SF is authorized. The Admitted QPS is the set of services for
   which a service flow has requested admission to the DOCSIS RF
   network, but which is not yet active. The Admitted QPS is used during
   the two-phase process of IP Telephony service flow admission to admit
   the bandwidth for a bidirectional voice call when the far end is
   ringing.  Since ringing may occur for up to four minutes, this
   permits the bandwidth to be reserved but not actually consumed during
   this interval.  The Active QPS is the set of services actually being
   used by the Service Flow. The DOCSIS v1.1 specification [16] defines
   what it means for a QPS envelope to be "within" another.  In general,
   an inner QPS is considered to be "within" an outer QPS when all QOS
   parameters represent demands of equal or fewer resources of the
   network.

   In addition to their use as attributes of a Service Flow, a QPS is
   also an attribute of a Service Class.  A DOCSIS CM configuration file
   or DSA message may request the creation of a new SF and give only the
   Service Class Name. The CMTS "expands the macro" of a Service Class
   Name creation by populating the Provisioned, Admitted, and/or Active
   QPSs of the Service Flow with the QPS of the Service Class Name. All
   of the QPSs of a Service Flow must be expansions of the same Service
   Class, and in this case the SF is said to "belong" to the Service
   Class.  Changing the contents of a Service Class' QPS does not affect
   the QPS of any Service Flow earlier expanded from that Service Class
   name. Only the CMTS implements docsQosServiceClassTable.

   See [16] section 8 for a full description and the theory of operation
   of Docsis 1.1 QOS operation.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 12]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   The docsQosParamSetTable sets are indexed by { ifIndex,
   docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType}. ifIndex indicates a
   particular "DOCSIS MAC Domain". docsQosServiceFlowId uniquely
   identifies a service flow on that MAC domain.  The
   docsQosParamSetType indicates whether the row describes an active,
   admitted, or provisioned Qos Parameter Set.

   The docsQosParamSetTable is read-only, because it indicates the Qos
   Parameter Set contents as defined by DOCSIS signalling. The
   docsQosServiceClassTable is read-create to permit managers to define
   a template of Qos Parameters that can be referenced by DOCSIS modems
   when creating their Qos Parameter Sets.

2.2.2.1  Interoperation_with_DOCSIS_1.0

   The DOCSIS 1.0 DOCS-IF-MIB [22] specifies a docsIfQosProfileTable to
   describe the set of Class Of Service (COS) parameters associated with
   a COS "profile". The docsIfCmServiceTable, which contains one entry
   per SID, references this table with a  docsIfCmServiceQosProfile
   number.

   The DOCSIS 1.1 CM registration process allows a modem to register as
   operating either with DOCSIS 1.0 or DOCSIS 1.1 functionality.  For
   ease of expression, we call a modem registering with DOCSIS 1.0
   functionality a "DOCSIS 1.0 modem", regardless of the modem's
   capabilities.

   A CMTS or CM supporting both DOCSIS 1.0 and DOCSIS 1.1 implements
   both the tables of [22] and the tables of this MIB.  The
   interoperation goal is that before modem registration, the DOCSIS 1.0
   MIB [22] applies.  After registration, either the DOCSIS 1.0 or
   DOCSIS 1.1 MIB applies, depending on the mode with which the modem
   registered.  The specific interoperation rules are:

     1.  When a CM initially ranges, both the CM and CMTS implement a
         row in DOCS-IF-MIB docsIfQosProfileTable and
         docsIfCmServiceTable corresponding to the default upstream
         Service ID  (SID) used for  pre-registration upstream traffic.
         The docsIfQosProfileTable row may be either exclusively
         referenced by the docsIfCmServiceTable row for the CM or, as is
         likely, multiply-referenced by several docsIfCmServiceTable
         rows.

     2.  Both a CMTS and CM implementing this MIB MUST NOT implement
         docsQosParamSetTable or docsQosServiceFlowTable rows until
         after the CM registers with DOCSIS 1.1 modem operation.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 13]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     3.  When a modem registers with the CMTS as a "DOCSIS 1.1" modem,
         any exclusively-referenced  row in DOCS-IF-MIB
         docsQosProfileTable representing the modems upstream Qos
         profile for pre-registration traffic MUST be removed.
         Multiply-referenced rows may remain, of course.  The
         docsQosIfCmServiceQosProfile object in the CM's row of
         docsIfCmServiceTable MUST be set to zero.  The
         docsIfCmServiceTable row for the DOCSIS 1.1 modem continues to
         exist, and the various statistic objects in that row are
         incremented.

     4.  When a DOCSIS 1.1 modem registers, both the CMTS and CM
         represent all service flows described in the modem
         configuration file in docsQosParamSetTable and
         docsQosServiceFlowTable.

     5.  At the CMTS, the Docsis 1.0 MIB objects
         docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets for a
         SID assigned to a Docsis 1.1 modem count only the pre-
         registration packets/bytes of those modems.

2.2.3  docsQosServiceFlowTable

   The docsQosServiceFlowTable provides read-only information about all
   of the service flows known by the device. It is indexed by the
   combination of { ifIndex, dosQosServiceFlowId }, where ifIndex
   corresponds to a CATV MAC interface and docsQosServiceFlowId is the
   32- bit integer assigned by the CMTS controlling the MAC domain.  A
   CM typically has only a single CATV MAC interface, while a CMTS may
   have several. See  [22] for a description of the ifIndex numbering
   for DOCSIS devices.

   The table indicates whether a given SF is in the upstream or
   downstream direction, and whether it is the "primary" SF in that
   direction.  The primary SF carries traffic that is not otherwise
   classified to any other SF in that direction.

2.2.4  docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable

   The docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable provides statistics for all
   currently existing SFs known by the managed device.  It provides
   basic packet and octet counters, as well as certain other SF-specific
   stats such as the time at which the flow was created and how many
   seconds it has been active.

   The table also provides objects which can be used to fine-tune

Expires September 2001                             [Page 14]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   admission control decisions, namely the number of packets dropped or
   delayed due to QOS policing decisions enforced by the managed device.

2.2.5  docsQosUpstreamStatsTable

   This table provides statistics that are measured only at the CMTS in
   the upstream direction. These include a count of the number of
   fragmentation headers received, fragments discarded, and the number
   of concatenation headers received.

2.2.6  docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable

   This table provides read-only stats on the operation of the Dynamic
   Service state machines as specified in section 9.4 of [16]. It
   provides a set of 14 counters *in each direction* for a Docsis MAC
   layer interface. That is, each Docsis MAC layer interface has one row
   for downstream stats, and a second row for upstream stats.

   Eight of the counters are DSx packet type counts, one counter for
   each of the eight DSx packet types. For example, the docsQosDSAReqs
   object in the upstream row at the CMTS counts the number of DSA-REQ
   messages received by the CMTS from that interface.  The
   docsQosDSAReqs object in the downstream row at the CMTS counts the
   number of DSA-REQ messages transmitted by the CMTS on that interface.

   The remaining six counters per (interface, direction) combination
   count the number of successful and unsuccessful *transactions* that
   were initiated on the interface and direction. For example, the
   upstream docsQosDynamicAdds on a CMTS is the number of successfully
   completed CM-initiated dynamic additions, because at the CMTS a CM-
   initiated DSA starts in the upstream direction.  The downstream
   docsQosDynamicAdds at a CMTS is the number of successful CMTS-
   initiated DSA transactions.

   Dynamic service transactions can fail for a number of reasons, as
   listed in the state machines of section 9.4. Rather than include
   still more counters for each different failure reason, they are
   grouped into a single count, e.g docsQosDynamicAddFails.  Again, this
   object exists in both directions, so that locally originated vs
   remotely originated transaction failures are counted separately.
   Further troubleshooting of transaction failures will require vendor-
   specific queries and operation.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 15]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

2.2.7  docsQosServiceFlowLogTable

   This table contains a log of the Service Flows no longer existing in
   the docsQosServiceFlowTable. It is intended to be periodically polled
   by traffic monitoring and billing agents. It is implemented only at
   the CMTS.

   It contains a chronlogical log of SF session statistics, including a
   total count of packets and octets transferred on the SF.  It includes
   time stamps of the SF creation and deletion time, as well as its
   number of active seconds. The active second count is the count of
   seconds that the SF had a non-empty Active Qos Parameter Set, i.e. it
   was eligible to pass data.  For unicast SFs, it includes the CM MAC
   address associated with the flow for billing reference purposes.

   The maximum number of log records kept by a CMTS, and the duration
   that a log record is maintained in the table is vendor-specific.  An
   explicit control object is provided so that the monitoring
   application can explicitly delete records it has read.

2.2.8  docsQosServiceClassTable

   This table defines the Service Class Name and references a Qos
   Parameter Set for each Service Class defined in a CMTS.  It is
   indexed by the Service Class Name string itself.  The table is read-
   create on a CMTS, and is not implemented in a CM.  Each entry of the
   docsQosServiceClassTable should define a template for flows in a
   given direction (upstream or downstream). Some parameters of the
   docsQosServiceClassTable are specific to a particular direction, and
   so their values are not-applicable when used as a template for flows
   in the other direction.

2.2.9  docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable

   The docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable can be referenced by the
   docsDevFilterPolicyTable of [21] in order to have a "policy" that
   classifies packets to a named Service Class. This is one mechanism by
   which "external" entities (like an SNMP manager) may control the
   classification of packet for QOS purposes. Entries are indexed by a
   small integer docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex.  They provide a Service
   Class Name and a Rule Priority.  A policy referencing a row of this
   table intends the packet to be forwarded on a Service Flow
   "belonging" to the named Service Class. See the section "Externally
   Administered Classification", below.

   This table is implemented on both the CM and CMTS, and is read-create
   on both.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 16]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable

   The Payload Header Suppression (PHS) feature of DOCSIS 1.1 permits
   packets to replace the unchanging bytes of the Ethernet, IP, and UDP
   headers with a one-byte index when transmitting on the cable network.
   This is especially useful for IP Telephony packets, where such
   suppression can result in almost twice the number of calls supported
   within the same upstream channel.

   Each entry of the table corresponds to a PHS Rule as described in
   section 8.4 of [16].  The rules are identified by their corresponding
   service flow ID and docsQosPktClassId. A PHS rule is associated with
   exactly one classifier.  The table is therefore indexed by the tuple
   { ifINdex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId}.

   This table is read-only, and MUST be implemented on both the CM and
   CMTS when PHS is supported.

2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable

   The docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable provides describes the mapping of CM
   mac addresses to the  Service Flow Ids that are uniquely identified
   with that CM.  External applications may collect statistics on all
   packets flowing through a CM by determining the SFID of all of its
   flows, and then collecting the statistics of packets and bytes for
   each flow.

   Downstream multicast service flows are not indicated in the
   docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable because they are not associated with
   only one CM.

3.  Externally Administered Classification

   Docsis 1.1 provides rich semantics for the classification of packets
   to service flows with it Service Flow Classifier table. Service Flow
   Classifiers may be created statically in the DOCSIS CM configuration
   file, or may be created dynamically with Dynamic Service Addition
   (DSA) and Dynamic Service Change (DSC) DOCSIS MAC messages.

   Several major issues arose with the concept of externally
   administered classification, i.e. should an external SNMP manager be
   permitted to create classification rows? One problem was the co-
   ordination of classifier IDs, since such an approach would require
   either separate classifier ID number spaces or objects to co-ordinate
   both internal and external classifier ID assignments.  A more serious
   problem, however, was the requirement that external creation of SF
   Classifiers would require "knowledge" of the individual Service Flow

Expires September 2001                             [Page 17]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   ID for service flows by external applications.  It was strongly felt
   by the committee that SFIDs should remain an internal Docsis object,
   and not be transmitted as part of protocol flows, e.g. for IP packet
   telephony signalling.  Docsis 1.1 introduced the concept of named
   Service Classes for ease of administration within a domain of CMs and
   CMTSs.  What was desired was to permit external classification of
   packets to a Service Class, not a particular Service Flow.

   The DOCSIS committee therefore decided to use the already-defined IP
   Packet Filter Table [21] for the external classification of packets
   for QOS purposes.  The docsDevIpPacketFilterTable defines similar
   packet matching criteria as docsQosPktClassTable, but it matches a
   packet to an arbitrary "policy set" instead of a particular Service
   Flow. One of the policies in the policy set then selects the Service
   Class of the SF on which to forward the packet.  The
   docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable of this MIB defines the Service Class
   Name to which a packet is classified.

   The interaction of external and internal packet classification is
   depicted below.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 18]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

              |
              |  Outbound Pkt
              V
          docsDevIpFilterTable------> docsDevFilterPolicyTable
              |                                |
              |                                V
              |                      docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable
              |                                |
              | Pkt                            | ServiceClassName,
              |                                |
ServiceClassPolicyRulePriority
              V                                V
     +--------------------------------------------------------+
     |        |   DOCSIS MAC LAYER ENTITY      |              |
     |        |                                | Select any   |
     |        V                                | SFID Y in SCN|
     |    docsQosPktClassTable <---------------|              |
     |        |                                |              |
     |        | docsQosPktClassPriority,       |              |
     |        | SFID X                         |              |
     |        V                                V              |
     |      ----------------------------------------+         |
     |      | Select the SFID associated with the   |         |
     |      | higher of docsQosPktClassPriority or  |         |
     |      | docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority |         |
     |      +---------------------------------------+         |
     |                             |                          |
     |                             V                          |
     |           |    |          |    |                       |
     |           |    |    ...   |    |  Service Flows        |
     |           +----+          +----+                       |
     |           SFID X          SFID Y                       |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+

          Figure 2: Docsis Packet Classification

   The processing of an outgoing packet proceeds as follows:

          1.  The packet is first checked for matches with rows of the
              docsDevIpFilterTable. If it matches, the matching row
              provides a docsDevFilterPolicyId integer.

          2.  The docsDevFilterPolicyId indexes into one (or more) rows
              of docsDevFilterPolicyTable. Each row provides an
              arbitrary RowPointer (docsDevFilterPolicyPtr),
              corresponding to a policy to be applied to the packet.

          3.  This MIB defines a docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable whose
              entries may be pointed to by docsDevFilterPolicyPtr in

Expires September 2001                             [Page 19]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

              order to administratively classify packets to a named
              DOCSIS Service Class.  The docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
              provides a Service Class Name (SCN) as
              docsQosServiceClassPolicyName and a classification rule
              priority as docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority. These
              are submitted to the device's Docsis MAC Layer entity as a
              special form of the MAC_DATA.request primitive, as
              described in Section E.2.1 of [16].

          4.  The MAC Layer selects an SFID ("Y") of an active Service
              Flow belonging to the named class, choosing an SF
              arbitrarily if there is more than one.

          5.  The packet is then classified according to the
              docsQosPktClassTable, which may classify the packet to a
              different SFID "X".  Associated with the classifier is a
              docsQosPktClassPriority.

          6.  In the event of a conflict between the SCN-determined SFID
              and the classified SFID, the greater of
              docsQosPktClassPriority and
              docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority determines which
              SFID is selected to forward the packet.

        A packet which does not match a docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
        is directly submitted to the Docsis MAC layer, where the
        docsQosPktClassTable selects the SID on which it is to be
        forwarded.

        By convention (in [16]), the "internal" docsQosPktClassPriority
        values should be in the range of 64-191, while the "external"
        priorities may be either in the range 192-255 to override the
        internal classification or the range 0-63 to be overriden by
        internal classification.

        This classification mechanism applies both upstream from the CM
        and downstream from the CMTS.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 20]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

4.  Definitions

--
-- Docsis QOS Extensions MIB
--

DOCS-QOS-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
    MODULE-IDENTITY,
    OBJECT-TYPE,
    Integer32,
    Counter32,
    IpAddress,
    Unsigned32
      FROM SNMPv2-SMI

    TEXTUAL-CONVENTION,
    MacAddress,
    RowStatus,
    TruthValue,
    DisplayString,
    TimeStamp
      FROM SNMPv2-TC

    OBJECT-GROUP,
    MODULE-COMPLIANCE
      FROM SNMPv2-CONF

    ifIndex,
    InterfaceIndex
      FROM IF-MIB

    docsIfMib
      FROM DOCS-IF-MIB;

docsQosMIB   MODULE-IDENTITY
    LAST-UPDATED    "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001
    ORGANIZATION    "IETF IPCDN Working Group"
    CONTACT-INFO
        "
         Co-Author: Michael Patrick
         Postal:    Motorola ISG
                    20 Cabot Blvd, MS M4-30
                    Mansfield, MA 02048-1193
                    U.S.A.
         Phone:     +1 508 261 5707
         E-mail:    [email-masked]"

    DESCRIPTION
        "This is the management information for

Expires September 2001                             [Page 21]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

         Quality Of Service (QOS) for DOCSIS 1.1."

    REVISION        "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001
    DESCRIPTION
        "Published as draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt.

        Changes from qos-mib-04 include:
        - Changed default value of docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
          docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255. This is the
          only functional change of the revision.
        - Clarified description of dosQosServiceFlowPkts to avoid
          requiring CMs to classify downstream packets.
        - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns only applies to
          received packets.
        - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and docsQosParamSetBitMap
          indicate all parameters for both adds and changes.
        "
    ::= { docsIfMib 7 }                -- BPIPlus mib is docsIfMIb 6

docsQosMIBObjects  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { docsQosMIB 1 }

-- Textual Conventions
IfDirection ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Indicates a direction on an RF MAC interface.

                     The value downstream(1) is from Cable Modem
                     Termination System to Cable Modem.

                     The value upstream(2) is from Cable Modem to
                     Cable Modem Termination System."
    SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                       downstream(1),
                       upstream(2)
                    }

BitRate ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    DISPLAY-HINT    "d"
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The rate of traffic in unit of bits per second.
                     Used to specify traffic rate for QOS."
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32

SchedulingType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The scheduling service provided by a CMTS for an
                    upstream service flow. If the parameter is omitted
                    from an upstream QOS Parameter Set, this object takes
                    the value of bestEffort (2). This parameter must be
                    reported as undefined (1) for downstream QOS Parameter
                    Sets."

Expires September 2001                             [Page 22]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                      undefined (1),
                      bestEffort (2),
                      nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                      realTimePollingService(4),
                      unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5),
                      unsolictedGrantService(6)
                    }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Packet Classifier Table
--
docsQosPktClassTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPktClassEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the packet classification
                    configured on the CM or CMTS.
                    The model is that a packet either received
                    as input from an interface or transmitted
                    for output on an interface may be compared
                    against an ordered list of rules pertaining to
                    the packet contents. Each rule is a row of this
                    table. A matching rule provides a service flow
                    id to to which the packet is classified.
                    All rules need to match for a packet to match
                    a classifier.

                    The objects in this row correspond to a set of
                    Classifier Encoding parameters in a DOCSIS
                    MAC management message. The docsQosPktClassBitMap
                    indicates which particular parameters were present
                    in the classifier as signalled in the DOCSIS message.
                    If the referenced parameter was not present
                    in the signalled DOCSIS 1.1 Classifier, the
                    corresponding object in this row reports a
                    value as specified in the DESCRIPTION section.
                    "
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 1 }

docsQosPktClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosPktClassEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "An entry in this table provides a single packet
                     classifier rule. The index ifIndex is an ifType
                     of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
    INDEX {
            ifIndex,

Expires September 2001                             [Page 23]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

            docsQosServiceFlowId,
            docsQosPktClassId
          }
    ::= { docsQosPktClassTable 1 }

DocsQosPktClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosPktClassId               Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassDirection        IfDirection,
    docsQosPktClassPriority         Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosLow         OCTET STRING,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh        OCTET STRING,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosMask        OCTET STRING,
    docsQosPktClassIpProtocol       Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr     IpAddress,
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask     IpAddress,
    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr       IpAddress,
    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask       IpAddress,
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart  Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd    Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassDestPortStart    Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd      Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr      MacAddress,
    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask      MacAddress,
    docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr    MacAddress,
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType INTEGER,
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol     Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassUserPriLow       Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh      Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassVlanId           Integer32,
    docsQosPktClassState            INTEGER,
    docsQosPktClassPkts             Counter32,
    docsQosPktClassBitMap           BITS
  }

docsQosPktClassId       OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Index assigned to packet classifier entry by
                     the CMTS which is unique per service flow."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.2"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 1 }

docsQosPktClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IfDirection
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Indicates the direction to which the classifier
                     is applied."

Expires September 2001                             [Page 24]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 2 }

docsQosPktClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The value specifies the order of evaluation
                     of the classifiers.
                     The higher the value the higher the priority.
                     The value of 0 is used as default in
                     provisioned service flows classifiers.
                     The default value of 64 is used for dynamic
                     service flow classifiers.
                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the default value
                     as defined above."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 3 }

docsQosPktClassIpTosLow OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The low value of a range of TOS byte values.
                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 4 }

docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The 8-bit high value of a range of TOS byte
                     values.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 5 }

docsQosPktClassIpTosMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The mask value is bitwise ANDed with TOS byte
                     in an IP packet and this value is used check
                     range checking of TosLow and TosHigh.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."

Expires September 2001                             [Page 25]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 6 }

docsQosPktClassIpProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..258)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the value of the IP
                    Protocol field required for IP packets to match
                    this rule.

                    The value 256 matches traffic with any IP Protocol
                    value. The value 257 by convention matches both TCP
                    and UDP.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 258."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.2"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 7 }

docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IpAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP
                     Source Address required for packets to match
                     this rule. An IP packet matches the rule when
                     the packet ip source address bitwise ANDed
                     with the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value
                     equals the docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr value.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                     0.0.0.0."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.3"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 8 }

docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IpAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's
                    IP Source Address that are compared to match
                    this rule.
                    An IP packet matches the rule when the packet
                    source address bitwise ANDed with the
                    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value equals the
                    docsQosIpPktClassSourceAddr value.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of

Expires September 2001                             [Page 26]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    255.255.255.255."

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.4"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 9 }

docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IpAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP
                     Destination Address required for packets to
                     match this rule. An IP packet matches the rule
                     when the packet IP destination address
                     bitwise ANDed with the
                     docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the
                     docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                     255.255.255.255."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.5"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 10 }

docsQosPktClassIpDestMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IpAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's
                    IP Destination Address that are compared to
                    match this rule.
                    An IP packet matches the rule when the packet
                    destination address bitwise ANDed with the
                    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the
                    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                    0.0.0.0."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.6"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 11}

docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive
                     range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which
                     a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant
                     for non-TCP/UDP IP packets.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 27]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
    REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.7"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 12 }

docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive
                     range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which
                     a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant
                     for non-TCP/UDP IP packets.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                     65535."
    REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 13 }

docsQosPktClassDestPortStart OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive
                     range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to
                     which a packet is compared.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 14 }

docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive
                     range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to which
                     a packet is compared.

                     If the referenced parameter is not present
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                     65535."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.10"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 15 }

docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          MacAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current

Expires September 2001                             [Page 28]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its
                    destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                    '000000000000'H.
                    "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 16 }

docsQosPktClassDestMacMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          MacAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its
                    destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                    '000000000000'H.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 17 }

docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          MacAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches this entry when its
                    source MAC address equals the value of
                    this object.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                    'FFFFFFFFFFFF'H.
                    "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.2"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 18 }

docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                      none(0),
                      ethertype(1),
                      dsap(2),
                      mac(3),
                      all(4)

Expires September 2001                             [Page 29]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    }
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the format of the layer 3
                    protocol id in the Ethernet packet. A value of
                    none(0) means that the rule does not use the
                    layer 3 protocol type as a matching criteria.

                    A value of ethertype(1) means that the rule
                    applies only to frames which contains an
                    EtherType value. Ethertype values are contained
                    in packets using the Dec-Intel-Xerox (DIX)
                    encapsulation or the RFC1042 Sub-Network Access
                    Protocol (SNAP) encapsulation formats.

                    A value of dsap(2) means that the rule applies
                    only to frames using the IEEE802.3
                    encapsulation format with a Destination Service
                    Access Point (DSAP) other
                    than 0xAA (which is reserved for SNAP).

                    A value of mac(3) means that the rule applies
                    only to MAC management messages for MAC management
                    messages.

                    A value of all(4) means that the rule matches
                    all Ethernet packets.

                    If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag
                    header (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object
                    applies to the embedded EtherType field within
                    the 802.1P/Q header.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0.

                    "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 19 }

docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "If docsQosEthPktClassProtocolType is none(0),
                    this object is ignored when considering whether
                    a packet matches the current rule.

                    If dosQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is ethertype(1),
                    this object gives the 16-bit value of the

Expires September 2001                             [Page 30]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    EtherType that the packet must match in order to
                    match the rule.

                    If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is dsap(2), the
                    lower 8 bits of this object's value must match the
                    DSAP byte of the packet in order to match the
                    rule.

                    If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is mac(3), the
                    lower 8 bits of this object value represent a
                    lower bound (inclusive) of MAC management message
                    type codes matched, and the upper 8 bits of this
                    object value represent the upper bound (inclusive)
                    of matched MAC message type codes.  Certain
                    message type codes are excluded from matching, as
                    specified in the reference.

                    If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag header
                    (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object applies to the
                    embedded EtherType field within the 802.1P/Q header.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 20 }

-- docsQosPktClassUserPriApplies { docsQosPktClassEntry 21 }
--   was removed in revision -03.

docsQosPktClassUserPriLow OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                    using the 802.1P/Q tag header (indicated with
                    EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit
                    Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and
                    a 12 bit VLAN number.

                    Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit
                    Priority field within the range of
                    docsQosPktClassPriLow and docsQosPktClassPriHigh in
                    order to match this rule.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 22 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 31]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                    using the 802.1P/Qtag header (indicated with
                    EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit
                    Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and
                    a 12 bit VLAN number.

                    Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit
                    Priority field within the range of
                    docsQosPktClassPriLow and
                    docsQosPktClassPriHigh in order to match this
                    rule.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported
                    as 7.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 23 }

docsQosPktClassVlanId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..4095)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                    using the 802.1P/Q tag header.

                    If this object's value is nonzero, tagged
                    packets must have a VLAN Identifier that matches
                    the value in order to match the rule.

                    Only the least significant 12 bits of this object's
                    value are valid.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported
                    as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.2"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 24 }

docsQosPktClassState OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                      active(1),
                      inactive(2)
                    }
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current

Expires September 2001                             [Page 32]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates whether or not the classifier
                    is enabled to classify packets to a Service Flow.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported
                    as active(1).
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.6"
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 25 }

docsQosPktClassPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object counts the number of packets that have
                    been classified using this entry."
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 26 }

docsQosPktClassBitMap OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          BITS {              -- Reference SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714
                        rulePriority(0),     -- Appendix C.2.1.3.4
                        activationState(1),  -- Appendix C.2.1.3.6
                        ipTos(2),            -- Appendix C.2.1.5.1
                        ipProtocol(3),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.2
                        ipSourceAddr(4),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.3
                        ipSourceMask(5),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.4
                        ipDestAddr(6),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.5
                        ipDestMask(7),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.6
                        sourcePortStart(8),  -- Appendix C.2.1.5.7
                        sourcePortEnd(9),    -- Appendix C.2.1.5.8
                        destPortStart(10),   -- Appendix C.2.1.5.9
                        destPortEnd(11),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.10
                        destMac(12),         -- Appendix C.2.1.6.1
                        sourceMac(13),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.2
                        ethertype(14),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.3
                        userPri(15),         -- Appendix C.2.1.7.1
                        vlanId(16)           -- Appendix C.2.1.7.2
                    }
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION
                    "This object indicates which parameter encodings were
                    actually present in the DOCSIS packet classifier
                    encoding signalled in the DOCSIS message that
                    created or modified the classifier. Note that
                    Dynamic Service Change messages have replace
                    semantics, so that all non-default parameters must
                    be present whether the classifier is being created
                    or changed.

                    A bit of of this object is set to 1 if the parameter

Expires September 2001                             [Page 33]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    indicated by the comment was present in the classifier
                    encoding, and 0 otherwise.

                    Note that BITS are encoded most significant bit
                    first, so that if e.g. bits 6 and 7 are set, this object
                    is encoded as the octet string '030000'H.
                   "
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 27 }

--
-- QOS Parameter Set Table
--
docsQosParamSetTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosParamSetEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of DOCSIS 1.1 QOS
                    parameters defined in a managed device.

                    The ifIndex index specifies a DOCSIS MAC Domain.
                    The docsQosServiceFlowId index specifies a particular
                    Service Flow.
                    The docsQosParamSetType index indicates whether
                    the active, admitted, or provisioned QOS Parameter
                    Set is being described by the row.

                    Only the QOS Parameter Sets of Docsis 1.1 service
                    flows are represented in this table.  Docsis 1.0
                    QOS service profiles are not represented in this
                    table.

                    Each row corresponds to a DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set
                    as signaled via DOCSIS MAC management messages.
                    Each object in the row corresponds to one or
                    part of one DOCSIS 1.1 Service Flow Encoding.
                    The docsQosParamSetBitMap object in the row indicates
                    which particular parameters were signalled in
                    the original registration or dynamic service
                    request message that created the QOS Parameter Set.

                    In many cases, even if a QOS Parameter Set parameter
                    was not signalled, the DOCSIS specification calls
                    for a default value to be used. That default value
                    is reported as the value of the corresponding object
                    in this row.

                    Many objects are not applicable depending on
                    the service flow direction or upstream scheduling
                    type.  The object value reported in this case

Expires September 2001                             [Page 34]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    is specified in the DESCRIPTION clause.
                    "

    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 2 }

docsQosParamSetEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosParamSetEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION
    "A unique set of QOS parameters."
    INDEX {
        ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType
          }
    ::= { docsQosParamSetTable 2 }

-- Type of docsQosParamSet Entry { docsQosParamSetTable 1 } was
--   changed with revision -03

DocsQosParamSetEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosParamSetServiceClassName   DisplayString,
    docsQosParamSetPriority           Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate     BitRate,
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate    BitRate,
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt     Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout      Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout    Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst     Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetSchedulingType     SchedulingType,
    docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval    Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter      Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval  Integer32,
    docsQosParamSetTosAndMask         OCTET STRING,
    docsQosParamSetTosOrMask          OCTET STRING,
    docsQosParamSetMaxLatency         Unsigned32,
    docsQosParamSetType               INTEGER,
    docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct   OCTET STRING,
    docsQosParamSetBitMap             BITS
    }

-- Removed docsQosParamSetRowType { docsQosParamSetEntry 1  }
--    with revision -03
-- Removed docsQosParamSetIndex { docsQosParamSetEntry 2 }
--    with revision -03
-- Removed docsQosParamSetRowStatus { docsQosParamSetEntry 3}

Expires September 2001                             [Page 35]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

--    with revision -03

docsQosParamSetServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DisplayString
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Refers to the Service Class Name that the
                    parameter set values were derived.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is a zero length string.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 4 }

docsQosParamSetPriority OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The relative priority of a service flow.
                    Higher numbers indicate higher priority.
                    This priority should only be used to differentiate
                    service flow with identical parameter sets.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is 0.  If the parameter is
                    not applicable, the reported value is 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.2"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 5 }

docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          BitRate
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Maximum sustained traffic rate allowed for this
                    service flow in bits/sec. Must count all MAC frame
                    data PDU from the bytes following the MAC header HCS to
                    the end of the CRC. The number of bytes
                    forwarded is limited during any time interval.
                    The value 0 means no maximum traffic rate is
                    enforced. This object applies to both upstream and
                    downstream service flows.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter is
                    not applicable, it is reported as 0.
                   "

Expires September 2001                             [Page 36]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.3"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 6 }

docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the token bucket size in bytes
                    for this parameter set. The value is calculated
                    from the byte following the MAC header HCS to
                    the end of the CRC. This object is applied in
                    conjunction with docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate to
                    calculate maximum sustained traffic rate.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object for scheduling types
                    bestEffort (2), nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                    and realTimePollingService(4) is 1522.

                    If this parameter is not applicable, it is reported
                    as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.4"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 7 }

docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          BitRate
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the guaranteed minimum rate in
                    bits/sec for this parameter set. The value is
                    calculated from the byte following the MAC
                    header HCS to the end of the CRC. The default
                    value of 0 has the meaning that no bandwidth
                    is reserved.
                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter
                    is not applicable, it is reported as 0.
                    "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.5"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 8 }

docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies an assumed minimum packet size in
                    bytes for which the docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate
                    will be provided. The value is calculated from

Expires September 2001                             [Page 37]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    the byte following the MAC header HCS to the
                    end of the CRC.

                    If the referenced parameter is omitted from a
                    DOCSIS QOS parameter set, the default value is
                    CMTS implementation dependent. In this case, the
                    CMTS reports the default value it is using and the
                    CM reports a value of 0. If the referenced
                    parameter is not applicable to the direction or
                    scheduling type of the service flow, both CMTS and
                    CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.6"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 9 }

docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    UNITS           "seconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that
                    resources remain unused on an active service
                    flow before CMTS signals that both active and
                    admitted parameters set are null.
                    The default value of 0 signifies an
                    infinite amount of time.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is 0.
                   "

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.7"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 10 }

docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    UNITS           "seconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that
                    resources remain in admitted state before
                    resources must be released.
                    The value of 0 signifies an infinite amount
                    of time.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the
                    default value of this object is 200.
                   "

Expires September 2001                             [Page 38]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.8"
    DEFVAL          { 200 }
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 11 }

docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum concatenated burst in
                    bytes which an upstream  service flow is allowed.
                    The value is calculated from the FC byte of the
                    Concatenation MAC Header to the last CRC byte in
                    of the last concatenated MAC frame, inclusive.
                    The value of 0 specifies no maximum burst.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter is
                    not applicable, this object's value is reported
                    as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.1"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 12 }

docsQosParamSetSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SchedulingType
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the upstream scheduling service used for
                    upstream service flow.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set of an
                    upstream service flow, the default value of this
                    object is bestEffort(2). For QOS parameter sets of
                    downstream service flows, this object's value is
                    reported as undefined(1).
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.2"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 13 }

--  Changed type of  docsQosParamSetRequestPolicy { docsQosParamSetEntry 14
}
--    to docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 }

docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current

Expires September 2001                             [Page 39]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds
                    between successive unicast request
                    opportunities on an upstream service flow.

                    This object applies only to upstream service flows
                    with schedulingType of value
                    nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                    realTimePollingService(4), and
                    unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5).  The parameter is
                    mandatory for realTimePollingService(4).  If the
                    parameter is omitted with
                    nonRealTimePollingService(3), the CMTS uses an
                    implementation dependent value.  If the parameter
                    is omitted with unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5),
                    the CMTS uses as a default value the value of the
                    Nominal Grant Interval parameter.  In all cases,
                    the CMTS reports the value it is using when the
                    parameter is applicable.  The CM reports the
                    signaled parameter value if it was signaled,
                    and 0 otherwise.

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                    the direction or scheduling type of the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.4"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 15 }

docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in
                    microseconds that the unicast request interval
                    may be delayed from the nominal periodic
                    schedule on an upstream service flow.

                    This parameter is applicable only to upstream
                    service flows with a Schedulingtype of
                    realTimePollingService(4) or
                    unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5).

                    If the referenced parameter is applicable but not
                    present in the corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter
                    Set, the CMTS uses an implementation dependent
                    value and reports the value it is using.
                    The CM reports a value of 0 in this case.

                    If the parameter is not applicable to the

Expires September 2001                             [Page 40]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    direction or upstream scheduling type of the
                    service flow, both CMTS and CM report this
                    object's value as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.5"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 16 }

docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the unsolicited grant size in bytes.
                    The grant size includes the entired MAC frame
                    data PDU from the Frame Control byte to end of
                    the MAC frame.

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report
                    the signaled value of the parameter in this
                    case.

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                    the direction or scheduling type of the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.6"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 17 }

docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds
                    between successive data grant opportunities
                    on an upstream service flow.

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                    the direction or scheduling type of the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both

Expires September 2001                             [Page 41]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.7"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 18 }

docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in
                    microseconds that the transmission opportunities
                    may be delayed from the nominal periodic schedule.

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                    the direction or scheduling type of the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.8"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 19 }

docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the number of data grants per Nominal
                    Grant Interval
                    (docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval).

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                    the direction or scheduling type of the
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                   "

Expires September 2001                             [Page 42]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.9"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 20 }

docsQosParamSetTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the AND mask for IP TOS byte for overwriting
                    IP packets TOS value.  The IP packets TOS byte is
                    bitwise ANDed with docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                    result is bitwise ORed with docsQosParamSetTosORMask
                    and result is written to IP packet TOS byte.
                    A value of 'FF'H for docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                    a value of '00'H for docsQosParamSetTosOrMask means
                    that IP Packet TOS byte is not overwritten.

                    This combination is reported if the referenced
                    parameter is not present in a QOS Parameter Set."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 21 }

docsQosParamSetTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the OR mask for IP TOS byte.
                    See the description of docsQosParamSetTosAndMask
                    for further details."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 22 }

docsQosParamSetMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum latency between the
                    reception of a packet by the CMTS on its NSI
                    and the forwarding of the packet to the RF
                    interface. A value of 0 signifies no maximum
                    latency enforced. This object only applies to
                    downstream service flows.

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                    corresponding downstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set,
                    the default value is 0. This parameter is
                    not applicable to upstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Sets,
                    and its value is reported as 0 in this case.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 23 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 43]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

docsQosParamSetType     OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                       active (1),
                       admitted (2),
                       provisioned (3)
                    }
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Defines the type of the QOS parameter set defined
                    by this row. active(1) indicates the Active QOS
                    parameter set, describing the service currently
                    being provided by the Docsis MAC domain to the
                    service flow. admitted(2) indicates the Admitted
                    QOS Parameter Set, describing services reserved by
                    by the Docsis MAC domain for use by the service flow.
                    provisioned (3) describes the QOS Parameter Set
                    defined in the DOCSIS CM Configuration file for
                    the service flow."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, 8.1.5"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 24 }

docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4))
                    -- A 32-bit mask represented most significant byte
                    -- first. The 32 bit integer represented in this manner
                    -- equals the binary value of the referenced integer
                    -- parameter of the DOCSIS RFI specification.
                    -- The BITS syntax is not used in order to avoid
                    -- the confusion caused by different bit numbering
                    -- conventions.
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies which transmit interval opportunities
                    the CM omits for upstream transmission requests and
                    packet transmissions. This object takes its
                    default value for downstream service flows.

                    Unless otherwise indicated, a bit value of 1 means
                    that a CM must *not* use that opportunity for
                    upstream transmission.

                    Calling bit 0 the least significant bit of the
                    least significant (4th) octet, and increasing
                    bit number with significance, the bit definitions
                    are as defined below:

                    broadcastReqOpp(0):
                         all CMs broadcast request opportunities

                    priorityReqMulticastReq(1):
                         priority request multicast request opportunities

Expires September 2001                             [Page 44]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    reqDataForReq(3):
                         request/data opportunities for requests

                    reqDataForData(4):
                         request/data opportunities for data

                    concatenateData(5):
                         concatenate data

                    fragmentData(6):
                         fragment data

                    suppresspayloadheaders(7):
                         suppress payload headers

                    dropPktsExceedUGSize(8):
                         A value of 1 mean that service flow must drop
                         packet that do not fit in the Unsolicited
                         Grant size

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in
                    a QOS Parameter Set, the value of this object is
                    reported as '00000000'H.
                    "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.3"
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 }

docsQosParamSetBitMap OBJECT-TYPE
                                -- Each bit corresponds to a parameter
                                -- from SP-RFI-v1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C
    SYNTAX          BITS {      -- in the indicated section number.
                        trafficPriority(0),     -- C.2.2.5.2
                        maxTrafficRate(1),      -- C.2.2.5.3
                        maxTrafficBurst(2),     -- C.2.2.5.4
                        minReservedRate(3),     -- C.2.2.5.5
                        minReservedPkt(4),      -- C.2.2.5.6
                        activeTimeout(5),       -- C.2.2.5.7
                        admittedTimeout(6),     -- C.2.2.5.8
                        maxConcatBurst(7),      -- C.2.2.6.1
                        schedulingType(8),      -- C.2.2.6.2
                        requestPolicy(9),       -- C.2.2.6.3
                        nomPollInterval(10),    -- C.2.2.6.4
                        tolPollJitter(11),      -- C.2.2.6.5
                        unsolicitGrantSize(12), -- C.2.2.6.6
                        nomGrantInterval(13),   -- C.2.2.6.7
                        tolGrantJitter(14),     -- C.2.2.6.8
                        grantsPerInterval(15),  -- C.2.2.6.9
                        tosOverwrite(16),       -- C.2.2.6.10
                        maxLatency(17)          -- C.2.2.7.1
                    }
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only

Expires September 2001                             [Page 45]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the set of QOS Parameter
                    Set parameters actually signaled in the
                    DOCSIS registration or dynamic service request
                    message that created or modified the QOS Parameter Set.
                    A bit is set to 1 when the parameter described
                    by the indicated reference section is present
                    in the original request.

                    Note that when Service Class names are expanded,
                    the registration or dynamic response message may
                    contain parameters as expanded by the CMTS based
                    on a stored service class. These expanded
                    parameters are *not* indicated by a 1 bit in this
                    object.

                    Note that even though some QOS Parameter Set
                    parameters may not be signalled in a message
                    (so that the paramater's bit in this object is 0)
                    the DOCSIS specification calls for default
                    values to be used. These default values are
                    reported as the corresponding object's value in
                    the row.

                    Note that BITS objects are encoded most
                    significant bit first. For example, if bits
                    1 and 16 are set, the value of this object
                    is the octet string '400080'H.

                   "
::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 26 }

--
--  Service Flow Table
--
docsQosServiceFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                     Service Flows in a managed device. "
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 3 }

docsQosServiceFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a service flow.
                     An entry in the table exists for each
                     Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an
                     ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."

Expires September 2001                             [Page 46]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    INDEX {
            ifIndex,
            docsQosServiceFlowId
          }
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowTable 1 }

DocsQosServiceFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosServiceFlowId                       Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceFlowSID                      Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceFlowDirection                IfDirection,
    docsQosServiceFlowPrimary                  TruthValue
    }

docsQosServiceFlowId    OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.2"
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 1 }

-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowProvisionedParamSetIndex
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 2} with revision -03
-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedParamSetIndex
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 3} with revision -03
-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowActiveParamSetIndex
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 4} with revision -03

docsQosServiceFlowSID  OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (0..16383)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Identifier (SID) assigned to an
                    admitted or active service flow. This object
                    reports a value of 0 if a Service Id is not
                    associated with the service flow. Only active
                    or admitted upstream service flows will have a
                    Service Id (SID)."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.3"
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 6 }

docsQosServiceFlowDirection OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IfDirection
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The direction of the service flow."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.1/2"
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 7 }

docsQosServiceFlowPrimary OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TruthValue

Expires September 2001                             [Page 47]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Object reflects whether service flow is the primary
                    or a secondary service flow.

                    A primary service flow is the default service flow
                    for otherwise unclassified traffic and all MAC
                    messages."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Section 8.1 "
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 8 }

-- Moved docsQosServiceFlow'ActiveTimeout, 'AdmittedTimeout,
-- 'SchedulingType, 'RequestPolicy, 'TosAndMask, and 'TosOrMask
-- back to docsQosParamSetTable with QOS-MIB-04.

--
--  Service Flow Stats Table
--
docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the
                     Service Flows in a managed device. "
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 4 }

docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of service flow statistics.
                     An entry in the table exists for each
                     Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an
                     ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
    INDEX {
            ifIndex,
            docsQosServiceFlowId
          }
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable 1 }

DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosServiceFlowPkts                     Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowOctets                   Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated              TimeStamp,
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive               Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns              Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts          Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts         Counter32
    }

docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE

Expires September 2001                             [Page 48]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to this
                    service flow. This object does not count MAC-specific
                    management messages.
                    CMs not classifying downstream packets may report
                    this object's value as 0. "
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 1 }

docsQosServiceFlowOctets OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets transmitted on the Docsis RF
network
                    from the byte after the MAC header HCS to the end
                    of the CRC for all packets counted in the
                    docsQosServiceFlowPkts object for this row. Note that
                    this counts the octets after payload header suppression
                    has been applied. CMs not classifying to a downstream
                    service flow may report this object's value as 0 for
that
                    flow. "
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 2 }

docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                    was created."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 3 }

docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    UNITS           "seconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow has been active."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 4 }

docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets received on the service flow
                    with an unknown payload header suppression index."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 5 }

docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only

Expires September 2001                             [Page 49]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets dropped due to policing of
                    the service flow, especially to limit the maximum
                    rate of the flow."

    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 6 }

docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packet delayed due to policing of
                    the service flow, especially to limit the maximum
                    rate of the flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 7 }

--
--  Upstream Service Flow Stats Table (CMTS ONLY)
--
docsQosUpstreamStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with
                     upstream service flows. All counted frames must
                     be received without an FCS error."
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 5 }

docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of upstream service flow statistics.
                     An entry in the table exists for each
                     upstream Service Flow in a managed device.
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
    INDEX {
            ifIndex,
            docsQosSID
          }
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 1 }

DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosSID                            Integer32,
    docsQosUpstreamFragments              Counter32,
    docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards           Counter32,
    docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts           Counter32
    }

docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..16383)

Expires September 2001                             [Page 50]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Identifies a service id for an admitted or active
                    upstream service flow."
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 1 }

-- Renamed in revision -03 from docsQosUpstreamFragPkts
docsQosUpstreamFragments OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of fragmentation headers received on an
                    upstream  service flow, regardless of whether
                    the fragment was correctly reassembled into a
                    valid packet. "
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 2 }

docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of upstream fragments discarded and not
                    assembled into a valid upstream packet."
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 3 }

docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of concatenation headers received on an
                    upstream service flow."
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 4 }

--
--  Dynamic Service Stats Table
--
docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the
                     Dynamic Service Flows in a managed device. "
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 6 }

docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of dynamic service flow statistics.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 51]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                     Two entries exist for each Docsis mac layer
                     interface for the upstream and downstream direction.
                     On the CMTS, the downstream direction row indicates
                     messages transmitted or transactions originated
                     by the CMTS. The upstream direction row indicates
                     messages received or transaction originated by the
                     CM. On the CM, the downstream direction row
                     indicates messages received or transactions
                     originated by the CMTS. The upstream direction
                     row indicates messages transmitted by the CM or
                     transactions originated by the CM.
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
    INDEX {
            ifIndex,
            docsQosIfDirection
          }
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 1 }

DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosIfDirection                         IfDirection,
    docsQosDSAReqs                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSARsps                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSAAcks                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSCReqs                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSCRsps                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSCAcks                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSDReqs                             Counter32,
    docsQosDSDRsps                             Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicAdds                         Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicAddFails                     Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicChanges                      Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicChangeFails                  Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicDeletes                      Counter32,
    docsQosDynamicDeleteFails                  Counter32,
    docsQosDCCReqs                             Counter32,
    docsQosDCCRsps                             Counter32,
    docsQosDCCAcks                             Counter32,
    docsQosDCCs                                Counter32,
    docsQosDCCFails                            Counter32
   }

docsQosIfDirection OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IfDirection
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The direction of interface."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 1 }

docsQosDSAReqs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only

Expires September 2001                             [Page 52]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Requests"
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 2 }

docsQosDSARsps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Responses"
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 3 }

docsQosDSAAcks OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition
Acknowledgements."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 4 }

docsQosDSCReqs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Requests"
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 5 }

docsQosDSCRsps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Responses"
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 6 }

docsQosDSCAcks OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Acknowlegements."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 7 }

docsQosDSDReqs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Requests"
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 8 }

docsQosDSDRsps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Responses"

Expires September 2001                             [Page 53]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 9 }

docsQosDynamicAdds OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Addition
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 10 }

docsQosDynamicAddFails OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Addition
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 11 }

docsQosDynamicChanges OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Change
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 12 }

docsQosDynamicChangeFails OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Change
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 13 }

docsQosDynamicDeletes OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Delete
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 14 }

docsQosDynamicDeleteFails OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Delete
                    transactions."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 15 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 54]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

docsQosDCCReqs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Request messages
        traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on
        downstream direction rows."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 16 }

docsQosDCCRsps OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Response messages
        traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on upstream
        direction rows."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 17 }

docsQosDCCAcks OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Acknowledgement
        messages traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only
        on downstream direction rows."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 18 }

docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Channel Change
        transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction
        rows."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 19 }

docsQosDCCFails OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Channel Change
        transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction
        rows."
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 20 }

--
--  Service Flow Log Table (CMTS ONLY)
--
docsQosServiceFlowLogTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry

Expires September 2001                             [Page 55]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table contains a log of the disconnected
                     Service Flows in a managed device."
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 7 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The information regarding a single disconnected
                     service flow."
    INDEX {
            docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex
          }
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 1 }

DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex                 Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex               InterfaceIndex,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID                  Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac                 MacAddress,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts                  Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets                Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted           TimeStamp,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated           TimeStamp,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive            Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection             IfDirection,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary               TruthValue,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName      DisplayString,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts       Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts      Counter32,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogControl               INTEGER
    }

docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Unique index for a logged service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 1 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127)
                     on the CMTS where the service flow was present."
    ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 2 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID    OBJECT-TYPE

Expires September 2001                             [Page 56]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The index assigned to the service flow by the CMTS."
    ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 3 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          MacAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the cable modem associated with
                     the service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 4 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets counted on this service flow
                    after payload header suppression."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 5 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets counted on this service flow
                    after payload header suppression."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 6 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                    was deleted."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 7 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                    was created."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 8 }

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    UNITS           "seconds"

Expires September 2001                             [Page 57]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow was active."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 9 }

-- docsQosServiceFlowLogControl was formerly { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
10}
-- and was renumbered in version -04.

docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          IfDirection
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowDirection
                    for the service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  11}

docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TruthValue
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowPrimary for the
                    service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  12}

docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DisplayString
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosParamSetServiceClassName for
                    the provisioned QOS Parameter Set of the
                    service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  13}

docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts
                    for the service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  14}

docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts
                    for the service flow."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  15}

docsQosServiceFlowLogControl OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          INTEGER {

Expires September 2001                             [Page 58]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                     active(1),
                     destroy(6)
                    }

    MAX-ACCESS      read-write
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Setting this object to the value destroy(6) removes
                    this entry from the table.
                    Reading this object return the value active(1)."
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 16}

--
-- Service Class Table (CMTS ONLY)
--
docsQosServiceClassTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                     Service Classes in a CMTS. "
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 8 }

docsQosServiceClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "A provisioned service class on a CMTS.
                Each entry defines a template for certain
                DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set values. When a CM
                creates or modifies an Admitted QOS Parameter Set for a
                Service Flow, it may reference a Service Class
                Name instead of providing explicit QOS Parameter
                Set values. In this case, the CMTS populates
                the QOS Parameter Set with the applicable
                corresponding values from the named Service Class.
                Subsequent changes to a Service Class row do *not*
                affect the QOS Parameter Set values of any service flows
                already admitted.

                A service class template applies to only
                a single direction, as indicated in the
                docsQosServiceClassDirection object.
                "
    INDEX {
             docsQosServiceClassName
          }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassTable 1 }

DocsQosServiceClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosServiceClassName               DisplayString (SIZE(1..15)),

Expires September 2001                             [Page 59]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    docsQosServiceClassStatus             RowStatus,
    docsQosServiceClassPriority           Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate     BitRate,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate    BitRate,
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt     Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst     Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval    Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter      Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval  Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency         Unsigned32,
    docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout      Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout    Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType     SchedulingType,
    docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy      OCTET STRING (SIZE(4)),
    docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask         OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)),
    docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)),
    docsQosServiceClassDirection          IfDirection
    }

docsQosServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DisplayString (SIZE(1..15))
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name. DOCSIS specifies that the
                    maximum size is 15 printable ASCII characters with
                    a terminating zero. The terminating zero is not
                    represented in this DisplayString syntax object.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4"
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 1 }

-- docsQosServiceClassParamSetIndex { docsQosServiceClassEntry 2 }
--    was removed in revision -03

docsQosServiceClassStatus OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          RowStatus
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table."
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 3 }

docsQosServiceClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetPriority."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 60]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 4 }

docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          BitRate
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 5 }

docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst."
    DEFVAL          { 1522 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 6 }

docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          BitRate
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSEtMinReservedRate."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 7 }

docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt."
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 8 }

docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 9 }

docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 10 }

docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE

Expires September 2001                             [Page 61]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 11 }

docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 12 }

docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 13 }

docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 14 }

docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 15 }

docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32
    UNITS           "microseconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetClassMaxLatency."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1"
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 16 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 62]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    UNITS           "seconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowActiveTimeout."
    DEFVAL          { 0 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 17 }

docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
    UNITS           "seconds"
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedTimeout."
    DEFVAL          { 200 }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 18 }

docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SchedulingType
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowSchedulingType."
    DEFVAL          { bestEffort }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 19 }

docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowRequestPolicy."
    DEFVAL          { '00000000'H } -- no bits are set
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 20 }

docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosAndMask."
    DEFVAL          { 'FF'H }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 21 }

docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosOrMask."
    DEFVAL          { '00'H }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 22 }

docsQosServiceClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE

Expires September 2001                             [Page 63]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    SYNTAX          IfDirection
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies whether the service class template
                    applies to upstream or downstream service flows."
    DEFVAL          { upstream }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 23 }

--
-- Service Class PolicyTable
--
docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                    Service Class Policies.

                    This table is an adjunct to the
                    docsDevFilterPolicy table.  Entries in
                    docsDevFilterPolicy table can  point to
                    specific rows in this table.

                    This table permits mapping a packet to a service
                    class name of an active service flow so long as
                    a classifier does not exist at a higher
                    priority.
                   "
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1"
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 9 }

docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "A service class name policy entry."
    INDEX {
            docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex
          }
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 1 }

DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex        Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyName         DisplayString,
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority Integer32,
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus       RowStatus
    }

docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..2147483647)
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible

Expires September 2001                             [Page 64]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Index value to uniquely identify an entry in
                    this table."
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 1 }

docsQosServiceClassPolicyName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DisplayString
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name to identify the name of the
                    service class flow to which the packet should be
                    directed."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1"
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 2 }

docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Policy rule priority for the
                    entry."
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5"
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 3 }

docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          RowStatus
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table.
                    This object should not be deleted if it is
                    reference by an entry in docsDevFilterPolicy.
                    The reference should be deleted first."
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 4 }

--
-- Payload Header Suppression(PHS) Table
--
docsQosPHSTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPHSEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes set of payload header
                     suppression entries."
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 10 }

docsQosPHSEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosPHSEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "A payload header suppression entry.
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127).

Expires September 2001                             [Page 65]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                     The index docsQosServiceFlowId selects one
                     service flow from the cable MAC layer interface.
                     The docsQosPktClassId index matches an
                     index of the docsQosPktClassTable.
                    "
    INDEX {
            ifIndex,
            docsQosServiceFlowId,
            docsQosPktClassId
          }
    ::= { docsQosPHSTable 1 }

DocsQosPHSEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosPHSField            OCTET STRING,
    docsQosPHSMask             OCTET STRING,
    docsQosPHSSize             Integer32,
    docsQosPHSVerify           TruthValue,
    docsQosPHSIndex            Integer32
    }

-- The object docsQosPHSIndex used as an index {docsQosPHSEntry 1}
--    was changed to be a non-index column in revision -03.

docsQosPHSField         OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..255))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression field defines the
                    bytes of the header which must be
                    suppressed/restored by the sending/receiving
                    device.

                    The number of octets in this object should be
                    the same as the value of docsQosPHSSize."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.1"
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 2 }

docsQosPHSMask          OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING(SIZE(0..32))
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression mask defines the
                    bit mask which used in combination with the
                    docsQosPHSField defines which bytes in header
                    must be suppressed/restored by the sending or
                    receiving device.

                    Each bit of this bit mask corresponds to a byte
                    in the docsQosPHSField, with the least
                    significant  bit corresponding to first byte of
                    the docsQosPHSField.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 66]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                    Each bit of the bit mask specifies whether of
                    not the corresponding byte should be suppressed
                    in the packet. A bit value of '1' indicates that
                    the byte should be suppressed by the sending
                    device and restored by the receiving device.
                    A bit value of '0' indicates that
                    the byte should not be suppressed by the sending
                    device or restored by the receiving device.

                    If the bit mask does not contain a bit for each
                    byte in the docsQosPHSField then the bit mask is
                    extended with bit values of '1' to be the
                    necessary length."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.3"
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 3 }

docsQosPHSSize          OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression size specifies the
                    number of bytes in the header to be suppressed
                    and restored.

                    The value of this object must match the number
                    of bytes in the docsQosPHSField."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.4"
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 4 }

docsQosPHSVerify       OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          TruthValue
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression verification value of
                    'true' the sender must verify docsQosPHSField
                    is the same as what is contained in the packet
                    to be suppressed."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.5"
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 5 }

-- Removed dosQosPHSClassifierIndex {docsQosPHSEntry 6}
--   in revision -03.

docsQosPHSIndex         OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..255)
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression index uniquely
                    references the PHS rule for a given service flow."
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.2"
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 7 }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 67]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

--
-- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable (CMTS Only)
--
docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "This table provide for referencing the service flows
                     associated with a particular cable modem. This allows
                     for indexing into other docsQos tables that are
                     indexed by docsQosServiceFlowId and ifIndex."
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 11 }

docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "An entry is created by CMTS for each service flow
                     connected to this CMTS."
    INDEX {
            docsQosCmtsCmMac,
            docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
          }
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable 1 }

DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
    docsQosCmtsCmMac                MacAddress,
    docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId        Unsigned32,
    docsQosCmtsIfIndex              InterfaceIndex
    }

docsQosCmtsCmMac OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          MacAddress
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the referenced CM."
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 1 }

docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS."
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 2 }

docsQosCmtsIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only
    STATUS          current
    DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127)
                     on the CMTS that is connected to the Cable Modem."

Expires September 2001                             [Page 68]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 3 }

--
-- Placeholder for notifications/traps.
--
docsQosNotification OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 2 }

--
-- Conformance definitions
--
docsQosConformance  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 3 }
docsQosGroups       OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 1 }
docsQosCompliances  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 2 }

docsQosCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The compliance statement for MCNS Cable Modems and
         Cable Modem Termination Systems that implement DOCSIS
         Service Flows."

    MODULE  -- docsQosMIB
        MANDATORY-GROUPS { docsQosBaseGroup }

        GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "This group is mandatory for only Cable Modem Termination
             Systems (CMTS) and not implemented for Cable Modems."

        GROUP docsQosParamSetGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "This group is mandatory for Cable Modem Termination
             Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. Cable modems only implement
             objects in this group as read-only."

        GROUP docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "This group is optional for Cable Modem Termination
             Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. This group only needs to
             be implement if policy based service flow classification
             is implemented. See docsDevPolicyTable in
             DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB for more details. "

        GROUP docsQosServiceClassGroup
        DESCRIPTION
            "The docsQosServiceClassTable group of objects. "

        OBJECT  docsQosPktClassPkts

Expires September 2001                             [Page 69]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

        DESCRIPTION
            "This object only needs to be implemented in entries
             that are classifying packets and not policing packets."

    ::= { docsQosCompliances 1 }

docsQosBaseGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
    docsQosPktClassDirection,
    docsQosPktClassPriority,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosLow,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh,
    docsQosPktClassIpTosMask,
    docsQosPktClassIpProtocol,
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr,
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask,
    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr,
    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask,
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart,
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd,
    docsQosPktClassDestPortStart,
    docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd,
    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr,
    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask,
    docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr,
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType,
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol,
    docsQosPktClassUserPriLow,
    docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh,
    docsQosPktClassVlanId,
    docsQosPktClassState,
    docsQosPktClassPkts,
    docsQosPktClassBitMap,

    docsQosServiceFlowSID,
    docsQosServiceFlowDirection,
    docsQosServiceFlowPrimary,

    docsQosServiceFlowPkts,   -- not sure if CM should implement
    docsQosServiceFlowOctets,
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated,
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive,
    docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns,
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts,
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts,

    docsQosDSAReqs,
    docsQosDSARsps,
    docsQosDSAAcks,
    docsQosDSCReqs,
    docsQosDSCRsps,

Expires September 2001                             [Page 70]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    docsQosDSCAcks,
    docsQosDSDReqs,
    docsQosDSDRsps,
    docsQosDynamicAdds,
    docsQosDynamicAddFails,
    docsQosDynamicChanges,
    docsQosDynamicChangeFails,
    docsQosDynamicDeletes,
    docsQosDynamicDeleteFails,
    docsQosDCCReqs,
    docsQosDCCRsps,
    docsQosDCCAcks,
    docsQosDCCs,
    docsQosDCCFails,

    docsQosPHSField,
    docsQosPHSMask,
    docsQosPHSSize,
    docsQosPHSVerify,
    docsQosPHSIndex
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and
         Cable Modem Termination Systems."
    ::= { docsQosGroups 1 }

docsQosParamSetGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
    docsQosParamSetServiceClassName,
    docsQosParamSetPriority,
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate,
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst,
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate,
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt,
    docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout,
    docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout,
    docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst,
    docsQosParamSetSchedulingType,
    docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval,
    docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter,
    docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize,
    docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval,
    docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter,
    docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval,
    docsQosParamSetTosAndMask,
    docsQosParamSetTosOrMask,
    docsQosParamSetMaxLatency,
    docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct,
    docsQosParamSetBitMap
    }

Expires September 2001                             [Page 71]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Group of objects implemenent in both Cable Modems and
         Cable Modem Termination Systems for QOS parameter sets."
    ::= { docsQosGroups 2 }

docsQosCmtsGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {

    docsQosUpstreamFragments,
    docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards,
    docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts,

    docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts,
    docsQosServiceFlowLogControl,

    docsQosCmtsIfIndex        -- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable required

    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Mandatory group of objects implemented only in the CMTS."
    ::= { docsQosGroups 3 }

docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup OBJECT-GROUP
    OBJECTS {
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyName,
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority,
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and
         Cable Modem Termination Systems when supporting policy based
         service flows."
    ::= { docsQosGroups 4 }

docsQosServiceClassGroup OBJECT-GROUP

Expires September 2001                             [Page 72]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

    OBJECTS {
    docsQosServiceClassStatus,
    docsQosServiceClassPriority,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst,
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate,
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst,
    docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval,
    docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter,
    docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize,
    docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval,
    docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter,
    docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval,
    docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency,
    docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout,
    docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout,
    docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType,
    docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy,
    docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask,
    docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask,
    docsQosServiceClassDirection
    }
    STATUS  current
    DESCRIPTION
        "The docsQosServiceClassTable objects. If a CMTS implements
         expansion of Service Class Names in a QOS Parameter Set,
         this group is mandatory on the CMTS. If the CMTS does not
         support Service Class Names, this group may be unimplemented
         in the CMTS. This group is not implemented on the CM.
        "
    ::= { docsQosGroups 5 }

END

Expires September 2001                             [Page 73]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

5.  References

   [1]  Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An Architecture for
        Describing SNMP Management Frameworks", RFC 2271, Cabletron
        Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research,
        January 1998

   [2]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Structure and Identification of
        Management Information for TCP/IP-based Internets", RFC 1155,
        Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, May 1990

   [3]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Concise MIB Definitions", RFC 1212,
        Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, March 1991

   [4]  M. Rose, "A Convention for Defining Traps for use with the SNMP",
        RFC 1215, Performance Systems International, March 1991

   [5]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Structure
        of Management Information for Version 2 of the Simple Network
        Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1902, SNMP Research,Inc., Cisco
        Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network
        Services, January 1996.

   [6]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Textual
        Conventions for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1903, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
        January 1996.

   [7]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Conformance
        Statements for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1904, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
        January 1996.

   [8]  Case, J., Fedor, M., Schoffstall, M., and J. Davin, "Simple Network
        Management Protocol", RFC 1157, SNMP Research, Performance Systems
        International, Performance Systems International, MIT Laboratory
        for Computer Science, May 1990.

   [9]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
        "Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2", RFC 1901, SNMP Research,
        Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc.,
        International Network Services, January 1996.

   [10] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Transport
        Mappings for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1906, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
        January 1996.

Expires September 2001                             [Page 74]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

   [11] Case, J., Harrington D., Presuhn R., and B. Wijnen, "Message
        Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
        Protocol (SNMP)", RFC 2272, SNMP Research, Inc., Cabletron Systems,
        Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998.

   [12] Blumenthal, U., and B. Wijnen, "User-based Security Model (USM) for
        version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)", RFC
        2274, IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998.

   [13] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Protocol
        Operations for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1905, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
        January 1996.

   [14] Levi, D., Meyer, P., and B. Stewart, "SNMPv3 Applications", RFC
        2273, SNMP Research, Inc., Secure Computing Corporation, Cisco
        Systems, January 1998

   [15] Wijnen, B., Presuhn, R., and K. McCloghrie, "View-based Access
        Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management Protocol
        (SNMP)", RFC 2275, IBM T. J. Watson Research, BMC Software, Inc.,
        Cisco Systems, Inc., January 1998

   [16] " Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Cable Modem
        Radio Frequency Interface Specification SP-RFIv1_1-I05-000714",
DOCSIS,
        March 1999, http://www.cablemodem.com.

   [17] L. Steinberg, "Techniques for Managing Asynchronously Generated
        Alerts", RFC 1224, May 1991.

   [18] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Operations
        Support System Interface Specification RF Interface SP-OSSI-RF-
        I02-980410", DOCSIS, April 1998,
        http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ossi/sp-ossi.PDF.

   [19] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement
        Levels", RFC2119, Harvard University, March 1997

   [20] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Baseline Privacy
        Interface Specification SP-BPI-I01-970922", DOCSIS, September 1977,
        http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ss/SP-BPI-I01-
        970922.pdf

   [21] "Cable Device Management Information Base for DOCSIS compliant Cable
        Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems", RFC2669

   [22] "Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management Information Base
        for MCNS/DOCSIS compliant RF interfaces", RFC 2670

Expires September 2001                             [Page 75]

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

6.  Author's Address

   Michael Patrick
   Motorola Broadband Communications Sector
   20 Cabot Blvd., MS M4-30
   Mansfield, MA 02048
   Phone: (508) 261-5707
   Email: [email-masked]

Expires September 2001                             [Page 76]