Subject: [ipcdn] BPI+ MIB docsBpi2Code...AccessStart Value

From: "Kaz Ozawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:00:20 -0600

The BPI+ spec, section D.3.2.2 specifies the codeAccessStart and 
cvcAccessStart as follows;

codeAccessStart: a 12-byte UTS time value referenced to GMT
cvcAccessStart: a 12-byte UTS time value referenced to GMT

In the BPI+ MIB, there are the following 4 objects related to 
these values.

docsBpi2CodeMfgCodeAccessStart
docsBpi2CodeMfgCvcAccessStart
docsBpi2CodeCoSignerCodeAccessStart
docsBpi2CodeCoSignerCvcAccessStart

These objects have the same description; ".... value referenced 
to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)." Therefore, I don't think it make 
sense to put the non-zero time difference from the GMT in the 
9th through 11th octets (ex. -7:00). Therefore, I think it make 
sense to add the following sentence at the end of the description 
of these 4 objects.

"If the timezone information (9th-11th octets) is present, 10th 
octet (hours from UTC) must be zero and 11th octet (minutes from 
UTC) must be zero."

Note that the definition of DateAndTime is in RFC 1903.

Any comments?
Thanks,
kaz

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn