Subject: [ipcdn] DVB I-Ds and what to do with them?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:00:13 +0000

Thomas,

The IPCDN WG has been developing MIBs for both DOCSIS and DVB-RCCL based 
cable modem systems.  Unfortunately, due to market/economic conditions, 
cable modems based on DVB-RCCL were only deployed in small numbers and 
AFAIK there are no longer any companies actively producing them.  This 
leaves the WG with 4 I-Ds, for which there are no known implementers for 
the foreseeable future and 2 of the I-Ds do not have an editor.

When this was raised at the London IETF, it was suggested by yourself that 
it may be possible to archive the I-Ds as informational RFCs with 
appropriate wording describing their status, so that in the future it may 
be possible to resurrect them.

There are 2 mibs for the DVB cable modem and they went through WG last 
call.  These have expired while we have been deciding what to do with 
them.

 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbnetint-mib-03.txt
 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbniuif-mib-00.txt

There are 2 mibs for the DVB INA (headend) and have not been reviewed by 
the group.  These currently do not have an editor.

 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbinaif-mib-00.txt
 draft-ietf-ipcdn-dvbdev-mib-00.txt

So I guess that question is, what wording do we need to include in the 
I-Ds so they can be archived as informational RFCs

Thanks

Andrew

--
Andrew Valentine
Senior Systems Architect
UK Engineering Design Centre
Hughes Network Systems Ltd.
Linford Wood , Saxon Street, Milton Keynes MK14 6LD, United Kingdom
Tel     : Direct +44 1908 326 233 Tel Main +44 1908 221122 x 233 
Fax    : +44 1908 221127
Email: [email-masked]

#**********************************************************************
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual
or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use,
copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All
information or opinions expressed in this message and/or
any attachments are those of the author and are not
necessarily those of Hughes Network Systems Limited,
including its European subsidiaries and affiliates. Hughes
Network Systems Limited, including its European
subsidiaries and affiliates accepts no responsibility for loss
or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.
#**********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn