Subject: FW: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

From: "Margo Dolas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:44:01 -0500

RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>Was there any resolution on the below
email in draft 6?  Is the resolution that docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts
all classified packets, but docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data
packets. Is it correct that unclassified data packets sent through the
primary service flow will not be counted by both counters?  Is this stated
anywhere in draft 6?

Regards,
Margo Dolas
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Pollak, Lucy
  Sent: Tuesday, 06 March, 2001 12:09 PM
  To: 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked]'
  Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
  Subject: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

  Michael.
  The docsQosServiceFlowPkts is defined:

    docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE
    ...
        DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to this
                        service flow. This object does not count
MAC-specific
                        management messages.
                        CMs not classifying downstream packets may report
                        this object's value as 0. "

  The classification process is also applied to the part of MAC-specific
management messages. Is the means of this clarification that
docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets, but
docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. What about unclassified
data packets sent through Primary SF. All of them will not be counted by
both counters. Is this correct?

  As the result of discussion about docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns you need
to review also its description. This counter also requires DS
classification. There are two proposals (one of them is yours):

  1. To write for it the same as for docsQosServiceFlowPkts:

      "CMs not classifying downstream packets may report this object's value
as 0. "

  2. The counter may be useful. It is proposed to count all unknown phs for
primary DS SF:

      "CMs not classifying downstream packets may count all these packets
together and report it for Primary downstream service flow."

  Regards.
  Lucy Pollak.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Michael W. Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
  [email-masked]
  Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

  Drafts editor, please submit the following update to an existing
  draft.

  IPCDN'ers: here's the QOS mib update to rev 05 with the various
  editorial changes I've promised over the last few months.
  The only functional difference is to change
  the default value of the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
  docsQosPktClassIpDestMask from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.

  I'll be mailing the standalone MIB under separate cover.

  -mike

  IPCDN  Working Group                                   Michael Patrick
  <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>                      Motorola BCS

                 Data Over Cable System Quality of Service
                Management Information Base (DOCSIS-QOS MIB)

                               March 1, 2001

  Status of this Memo

     This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with
     all the provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are
     working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its
     Areas, and its Working Groups.  Note that other groups may also
     distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts.

     Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
     and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
     time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
     material or to cite them other than as a "work in progress".

     The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
     http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

     The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
     http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

     Copyright (c) The Internet Society 1998.  All Rights Reserved.

  Abstract

     This document defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP-based
     management of extended QOS features of Cable Modems (CMs) and Cable
     Modem Termination Systems (CMTSs) conforming to the Data over Cable
     System (DOCSIS) standard version 1.1.

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 1]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  Table of Contents

         Status of this Memo...............................   1
         Abstract..........................................   1
         Revision History..................................   2

     1.  Introduction......................................   4
         1.1  Management Framework.........................   4
         1.2  Glossary.....................................   5

     2.  Overview..........................................   7
         2.1  Textual Conventions..........................   7
         2.2  MIB  Organization............................   7
              2.2.1   docsQosPktClassTable.................  11
              2.2.2   docsQosParamSetTable.................  11
              2.2.2.1 Interoperation with DOCSIS 1.0.......  13
              2.2.3   docsQosServiceFlowTable..............  14
              2.2.4   docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable.........  14
              2.2.5   docsQosUpstreamStatsTable............  15
              2.2.6   docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable......  15
              2.2.7   docsQosServiceFlowLogTable...........  16
              2.2.8   docsQosServiceClassTable.............  16
              2.2.9   docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable.......  16
              2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable......................  17
              2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable.........  17

     3.  Externally Administered Classification............  17

     4.  Definitions.......................................  21

     5.  References........................................  74

     6.  Author's Address..................................  76

  Revision History

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 2]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     Rev  Date               Description
     ---  --------           -----------
     -05  03/01/01           Functional Changes:
                             - Changed default values of
                               dosQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
                               docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255.
                             Editorial Changes:
                             - Corrected ifDirection values in 2.1.
                             - In section 2.2.2.1, clarified which
                               packets/bytes are counted in
docsIfCmtsService-
                               InPkts and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets.
                             - Clarified description of
dosQosServiceFlowPkts
                               to avoid requiring CMs to classify downstream
                               packets.
                             - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns
only
                               applies to received packets.
                             - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and
                               docsQosParamSetBitMap indicate all parameters
for
                               both adds and changes.

     -04  10/18/00           - Updated descriptions of UGS applicable QOS
                               param set objects.
                             - Added two new docsQosPktClassBitMap bits
                               and *renumbered* the bits.
                             - Added docsQosServiceClassDirection

     -04  10/10/00           - Updated Overview to not mention restriction
                               to SnmpV1.
                             - Updated most docsQosParamSet objects to
                               clarify default and "not applicable" values.
                             - Add docsQosPktClassBitMap,
docsQosParamSetBitMap
                             - Restore docsQosParamSetServiceClassName
                             - Add 5 objects to docsQosServiceFlowLogTable

     -04  10/01/00           - Move six objects from docsQosServiceFlowTable
                               back to docsQosParamSetTable.
                             - Add DCC statistics
                             - Removed notApplicable(256) from
                               docsQosParamSetSchedulingType

     -03  08/11/00           Reorganize docsQosParamSetTable.

     -02  12/08/99           Add docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable,
                             docsQosUpstreamStatsTable,
                             docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable,
                             docsQosServiceFlowLogTable
     -01  06/25/99           Complete rewrite based on -I01 draft
     -00  08/07/98           Initial draft posted for discussion.

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 3]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  1.  Introduction

     This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the
     SNMP SMIv2[5][6][7].  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP
     framework and existing SNMP standards.

     This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet
     Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
     addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
     and/or the author.

  1.1  Management Framework

     The SNMP Management Framework presently consists of five major
     components:

     o   An overall architecture, described in RFC 2271 [1].

     o   Mechanisms for describing and naming objects and events for the
         purpose of management. The first version of this Structure of
         Management Information (SMI) is called SMIv1 and described in
         RFC 1155 [2], RFC 1212 [3] and RFC 1215 [4]. The second version,
         called SMIv2, is described in RFC 1902 [5], RFC 1903 [6] and RFC
         1904 [7].

     o   Message protocols for transferring management information. The
         first version of the SNMP message protocol is called SNMPv1 and
         described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second version of the SNMP message
         protocol, which is not an Internet standards track protocol, is
         called SNMPv2c and described in RFC 1901 [9] and RFC 1906 [10].
         The third version of the message protocol is called SNMPv3 and
         described in RFC 1906 [10], RFC 2272 [11] and RFC 2274 [12].

     o   Protocol operations for accessing management information. The
         first set of protocol operations and associated PDU formats is
         described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second set of protocol operations
         and associated PDU formats is described in RFC 1905 [13].

     o   A set of fundamental applications described in RFC 2273 [14] and
         the view-based access control mechanism described in RFC 2275
         [15].

     Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store, termed
     the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the MIB are
     defined using the mechanisms defined in the SMI.

     This memo specifies a MIB module that is compliant to the SMIv2. A
     MIB conforming to the SMIv1 can be produced through the appropriate

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 4]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     translations. The resulting translated MIB must be semantically
     equivalent, except where objects or events are omitted because no
     translation is possible (use of Counter64). Some machine readable
     information in SMIv2 will be converted into textual descriptions in
     SMIv1 during the translation process. However, this loss of machine
     readable information is not considered to change the semantics of the
     MIB.

  1.2  Glossary

     Active QPS     Active Qos Parameter Set.  The set of QOS parameters
                    that describe the current level service provided to a
                    Service Flow.

     Active SF      Active Service Flow. An SF with a non-empty Active
                    QPS.

     Admitted QPS   Admitted Qos Parameter Set. The set of QOS parameters
                    that describe a level of service which the Service
                    Flow is not currently using, but which it is
                    guaranteed to receive upon the SF's request to make
                    the set Active.

     Admitted SF    A Service Flow with a non-empty Admitted QPS.

     CATV           Cable TV

     CM             Cable Modem, a modem connecting a subscriber's LAN the
                    CATF RF network. DOCSIS CMs operate as a MAC layer
                    bridge between the home LAN and the RF network.

     CMTS           Cable Modem Termination System, the "head-end" device
                    providing connectivity between the RF network and the
                    Internet.

     Downstream     The direction from the head end towards the
                    subscriber.

     DSA            Dynamic Service Addition, a DOCSIS MAC management
                    message requesting the dynamic creation of a new
                    Service Flow.  New SFs are created with a three-
                    message exchange of a DSA-REQ, DSA-RSP, and DSA-ACK.

     DSC            Dynamic Service Change, a DOCSIS MAC management
                    message requesting a change to the attributes of a
                    Service Flow.  SFs are changed with a three-message
                    exchange of a DSC-REQ, DSC-RSP, and DSC-ACK.

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 5]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     DSD            Dynamic Service Delete, a DOCSIS MAC management
                    message requesting the deletion of a Service Flow. SFs
                    are deleted with a two-message exchange of a DSD-REQ
                    and DSD-ACK.

     Head-end       The origination point in most cable systems of the
                    subsriber video signals. It is generally also the
                    location of the CMTS.

     PHS            Payload Header Suppression, a feature of DOCSIS 1.1 in
                    which header bytes that are common in a sequence of
                    packets of a Service Flow are replaced by a one-byte
                    PHSI Index (PHSI) when transmitting the packet on the
                    RF network.

     Provisioned QPS A QOS Parameter Set describing an envelope of service
                    within which a Service Flow is authorized to request
                    admission.  All existing service flows must have a
                    non-empty Provisioned QPS, hence all SFs are
                    considered to be "Provisioned".

     SCN            Service Class Name -- a named set of QOS parameters.
                    A Service Flow may or may not be associated with a
                    single named Service Class.  A Service Class has as an
                    attribute a Qos Parameter Set that is used as the
                    default set of values for all Service Flows belonging
                    to the Service Class.

     SID            Service ID. A 16-bit integer assigned by the CMTS for
                    an Upstream Service Flow with a non-empty Active QOS
                    Parameter Set.

     SF             Service Flow. A unidirectional stream of packets
                    between the CM and CMTS. SFs are characterized as
                    upstream or downstream.  The SF is the fundamental
                    unit of service provided on a DOCSIS CATV network.

     SFID           Service Flow ID.  A 32-bit unsigned integer assigned
                    by the CMTS to each Service Flows

     Upstream       The direction from a subscriber CM to the head-end
                    CMTS.

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 6]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  2.  Overview

     This MIB provides a set of objects required for the management of
     DOCSIS 1.1 compliant Cable Modems (CM) and Cable Modem Termination
     Systems (CMTS).  The specification is derived from the DOCSIS 1.1
     Radio Frequency Interface specification [16].   Please note that the
     referenced DOCSIS standard only requires Cable Modems to process IPv4
     customer traffic. Design choices in this MIB reflect those
     requirements.  Future versions of the DOCSIS standard are expected to
     require support for IPv6 as well.

     The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
     "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
     document are to be interpreted as described in [19].

  2.1  Textual Conventions

     The textual convention "IfDirection" is defined to indicate the
     direction of a packet classifer relative to an interface. It takes
     the values of either downstream(1) or upstream(2).

     The textual convention "BitRate" corresponds to the bits per second
     as defined for QOS Parameter Sets in DOCSIS1.1. This definition
     includes all bits of the Ethernet MAC frame as transmitted on the RF
     network, starting with the Destination Address and ending with the
     Ethernet FCS. It does NOT includes bits in the DOCSIS MAC header.

  2.2  MIB Organization

     The structure of the MIB is summarized below:

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 7]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     docsQosMIB
       docsQosMIBObjects
         docsQosPktClassTable
           docsQosPktClassEntry
             docsQosPktClassId
             docsQosPktClassDirection
             docsQosPktClassPriority
             docsQosPktClassIpTosLow
             docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh
             docsQosPktClassIpTosMask
             docsQosPktClassIpProtocol
             docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr
             docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask
             docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr
             docsQosPktClassIpDestMask
             docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart
             docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd
             docsQosPktClassDestPortStart
             docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd
             docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr
             docsQosPktClassDestMacMask
             docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr
             docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType
             docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol
             docsQosPktClassUserPriLow
             docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh
             docsQosPktClassVlanId
             docsQosPktClassState
             docsQosPktClassPkts
             docsQosPktClassBitMap
         docsQosParamSetTable
           docsQosParamSetEntry
             docsQosParamSetServiceClassName
             docsQosParamSetPriority
             docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate
             docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst
             docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate
             docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt
             docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout
             docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout
             docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst
             docsQosParamSetSchedulingType
             docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval
             docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter
             docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize
             docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval
             docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter
             docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval
             docsQosParamSetTosAndMask
             docsQosParamSetTosOrMask
             docsQosParamSetMaxLatency

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 8]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

             docsQosParamSetType
             docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct
             docsQosParamSetBitMap
         docsQosServiceFlowTable
           docsQosServiceFlowEntry
             docsQosServiceFlowId
             docsQosServiceFlowSID
             docsQosServiceFlowDirection
             docsQosServiceFlowPrimary
         docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable
           docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
             docsQosServiceFlowPkts
             docsQosServiceFlowOctets
             docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated
             docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive
             docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns
             docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts
             docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts
         docsQosUpstreamStatsTable
           docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
             docsQosSID
             docsQosUpstreamFragments
             docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards
             docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts
         docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable
           docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
             docsQosIfDirection
             docsQosDSAReqs
             docsQosDSARsps
             docsQosDSAAcks
             docsQosDSCReqs
             docsQosDSCRsps
             docsQosDSCAcks
             docsQosDSDReqs
             docsQosDSDRsps
             docsQosDynamicAdds
             docsQosDynamicAddFails
             docsQosDynamicChanges
             docsQosDynamicChangeFails
             docsQosDynamicDeletes
             docsQosDynamicDeleteFails
             docsQosDCCReqs
             docsQosDCCRsps
             docsQosDCCAcks
             docsQosDCCs
             docsQosDCCFails
         docsQosServiceFlowLogTable
           docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
             docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex
             docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex
             docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID

  Expires September 2001                              [Page 9]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

             docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac
             docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts
             docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets
             docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted
             docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated
             docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive
             docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection
             docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary
             docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName
             docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts
             docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts
             docsQosServiceFlowLogControl
         docsQosServiceClassTable
           docsQosServiceClassEntry
             docsQosServiceClassName
             docsQosServiceClassStatus
             docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate
             docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst
             docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate
             docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt
             docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst
             docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval
             docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter
             docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize
             docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval
             docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter
             docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval
             docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency
             docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout
             docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout
             docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType
             docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy
             docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask
             docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask
             docsQosServiceClassDirection
         docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
             docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex
             docsQosServiceClassPolicyName
             docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority
             docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus
         docsQosPHSTable
           docsQosPHSEntry
             docsQosPHSField
             docsQosPHSMask
             docsQosPHSSize
             docsQosPHSVerify
             docsQosPHSIndex
         docsQosCMtsMacToSrvFlowTable
           docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
             docsQosCmtsCmMac

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 10]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

             docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
             docsQosCmtsIfIndex

     The MIB is organized as 11 tables. Most tables are implemented in
     both the CM and CMTS; the docsQosUpstreamStatsTable and
     docsQosServiceFlowLogTable are implemented on the CMTS only.

  2.2.1  docsQosPktClassTable

     The docsQosPktClassTable reports the Service Flow Classifiers
     implemented by the managed device. The table is indexed by the tuple
     { ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId }.  The ifIndex
     corresponds to an CATV MAC interface.  Each CATV MAC interfaces has a
     set of Service Flows, identified with a docsQosServiceFlowId value
     that is unique for that interface. Each service flow may have a
     number of packet classifiers that map packets to the flow. The
     ClassiferId for the classifier is unique only within a particular
     service flow.

     The semantics of packet classification are provided in [16]. Briefly,
     the DOCSIS MAC interface calls for matching packets based on values
     within the 802.2 (LLC), 802.3, IP, and/or  UDP/TCP headers.  Packets
     which map more than one classifier are prioritized according to their
     docsQosPktClassPriority value. The docsQosServiceFlowId (an index
     object) indicates to which service flow the packet is classified.

     The docsQosPktClassTable is distinct from the docsDevIpFilterTable of
     [21] in that docsQosPktClassTable is intended only to reflect the
     state of the dynamically added Service Flow Classifiers. SF
     Classifiers may be created only via a CM configuration file or from
     the Dynamic Service Addition (DSA) messages.  For this reason,
     docsQosPktClassTable is read-only.

     The docsDevIpFilterTable is intended for external administration of
     packet classifiers.  See the section "Externally Administered
     Classification", below.

  2.2.2  docsQosParamSetTable

     The docsQosParamSetTable reports the values of Qos Parameter Set as
     defined in Section C.2.2 of [16].

     In general, a Service Flow is associated with three different Qos
     Parameter Sets (QPSs): an "active" QPS, an "admitted" QPS, and a
     "provisioned" or "authorized" QPS.  The relationship of these three
     sets is represented below:

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 11]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                           +---------------------+
                           | Provisioned         |
                           |                     |
                           |  +---------------+  |
                           |  |  Admitted     |  |
                           |  |               |  |
                           |  |  +---------+  |  |
                           |  |  |  Active |  |  |
                           |  |  |         |  |  |
                           |  |  +---------+  |  |
                           |  |               |  |
                           |  +---------------+  |
                           |                     |
                           +---------------------+

                         Figure 1: Qos Parameter Sets

     The Provisioned QPS describes the maximum service envelope for which
     the SF is authorized. The Admitted QPS is the set of services for
     which a service flow has requested admission to the DOCSIS RF
     network, but which is not yet active. The Admitted QPS is used during
     the two-phase process of IP Telephony service flow admission to admit
     the bandwidth for a bidirectional voice call when the far end is
     ringing.  Since ringing may occur for up to four minutes, this
     permits the bandwidth to be reserved but not actually consumed during
     this interval.  The Active QPS is the set of services actually being
     used by the Service Flow. The DOCSIS v1.1 specification [16] defines
     what it means for a QPS envelope to be "within" another.  In general,
     an inner QPS is considered to be "within" an outer QPS when all QOS
     parameters represent demands of equal or fewer resources of the
     network.

     In addition to their use as attributes of a Service Flow, a QPS is
     also an attribute of a Service Class.  A DOCSIS CM configuration file
     or DSA message may request the creation of a new SF and give only the
     Service Class Name. The CMTS "expands the macro" of a Service Class
     Name creation by populating the Provisioned, Admitted, and/or Active
     QPSs of the Service Flow with the QPS of the Service Class Name. All
     of the QPSs of a Service Flow must be expansions of the same Service
     Class, and in this case the SF is said to "belong" to the Service
     Class.  Changing the contents of a Service Class' QPS does not affect
     the QPS of any Service Flow earlier expanded from that Service Class
     name. Only the CMTS implements docsQosServiceClassTable.

     See [16] section 8 for a full description and the theory of operation
     of Docsis 1.1 QOS operation.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 12]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     The docsQosParamSetTable sets are indexed by { ifIndex,
     docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType}. ifIndex indicates a
     particular "DOCSIS MAC Domain". docsQosServiceFlowId uniquely
     identifies a service flow on that MAC domain.  The
     docsQosParamSetType indicates whether the row describes an active,
     admitted, or provisioned Qos Parameter Set.

     The docsQosParamSetTable is read-only, because it indicates the Qos
     Parameter Set contents as defined by DOCSIS signalling. The
     docsQosServiceClassTable is read-create to permit managers to define
     a template of Qos Parameters that can be referenced by DOCSIS modems
     when creating their Qos Parameter Sets.

  2.2.2.1  Interoperation_with_DOCSIS_1.0

     The DOCSIS 1.0 DOCS-IF-MIB [22] specifies a docsIfQosProfileTable to
     describe the set of Class Of Service (COS) parameters associated with
     a COS "profile". The docsIfCmServiceTable, which contains one entry
     per SID, references this table with a  docsIfCmServiceQosProfile
     number.

     The DOCSIS 1.1 CM registration process allows a modem to register as
     operating either with DOCSIS 1.0 or DOCSIS 1.1 functionality.  For
     ease of expression, we call a modem registering with DOCSIS 1.0
     functionality a "DOCSIS 1.0 modem", regardless of the modem's
     capabilities.

     A CMTS or CM supporting both DOCSIS 1.0 and DOCSIS 1.1 implements
     both the tables of [22] and the tables of this MIB.  The
     interoperation goal is that before modem registration, the DOCSIS 1.0
     MIB [22] applies.  After registration, either the DOCSIS 1.0 or
     DOCSIS 1.1 MIB applies, depending on the mode with which the modem
     registered.  The specific interoperation rules are:

       1.  When a CM initially ranges, both the CM and CMTS implement a
           row in DOCS-IF-MIB docsIfQosProfileTable and
           docsIfCmServiceTable corresponding to the default upstream
           Service ID  (SID) used for  pre-registration upstream traffic.
           The docsIfQosProfileTable row may be either exclusively
           referenced by the docsIfCmServiceTable row for the CM or, as is
           likely, multiply-referenced by several docsIfCmServiceTable
           rows.

       2.  Both a CMTS and CM implementing this MIB MUST NOT implement
           docsQosParamSetTable or docsQosServiceFlowTable rows until
           after the CM registers with DOCSIS 1.1 modem operation.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 13]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

       3.  When a modem registers with the CMTS as a "DOCSIS 1.1" modem,
           any exclusively-referenced  row in DOCS-IF-MIB
           docsQosProfileTable representing the modems upstream Qos
           profile for pre-registration traffic MUST be removed.
           Multiply-referenced rows may remain, of course.  The
           docsQosIfCmServiceQosProfile object in the CM's row of
           docsIfCmServiceTable MUST be set to zero.  The
           docsIfCmServiceTable row for the DOCSIS 1.1 modem continues to
           exist, and the various statistic objects in that row are
           incremented.

       4.  When a DOCSIS 1.1 modem registers, both the CMTS and CM
           represent all service flows described in the modem
           configuration file in docsQosParamSetTable and
           docsQosServiceFlowTable.

       5.  At the CMTS, the Docsis 1.0 MIB objects
           docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets for a
           SID assigned to a Docsis 1.1 modem count only the pre-
           registration packets/bytes of those modems.

  2.2.3  docsQosServiceFlowTable

     The docsQosServiceFlowTable provides read-only information about all
     of the service flows known by the device. It is indexed by the
     combination of { ifIndex, dosQosServiceFlowId }, where ifIndex
     corresponds to a CATV MAC interface and docsQosServiceFlowId is the
     32- bit integer assigned by the CMTS controlling the MAC domain.  A
     CM typically has only a single CATV MAC interface, while a CMTS may
     have several. See  [22] for a description of the ifIndex numbering
     for DOCSIS devices.

     The table indicates whether a given SF is in the upstream or
     downstream direction, and whether it is the "primary" SF in that
     direction.  The primary SF carries traffic that is not otherwise
     classified to any other SF in that direction.

  2.2.4  docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable

     The docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable provides statistics for all
     currently existing SFs known by the managed device.  It provides
     basic packet and octet counters, as well as certain other SF-specific
     stats such as the time at which the flow was created and how many
     seconds it has been active.

     The table also provides objects which can be used to fine-tune

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 14]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     admission control decisions, namely the number of packets dropped or
     delayed due to QOS policing decisions enforced by the managed device.

  2.2.5  docsQosUpstreamStatsTable

     This table provides statistics that are measured only at the CMTS in
     the upstream direction. These include a count of the number of
     fragmentation headers received, fragments discarded, and the number
     of concatenation headers received.

  2.2.6  docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable

     This table provides read-only stats on the operation of the Dynamic
     Service state machines as specified in section 9.4 of [16]. It
     provides a set of 14 counters *in each direction* for a Docsis MAC
     layer interface. That is, each Docsis MAC layer interface has one row
     for downstream stats, and a second row for upstream stats.

     Eight of the counters are DSx packet type counts, one counter for
     each of the eight DSx packet types. For example, the docsQosDSAReqs
     object in the upstream row at the CMTS counts the number of DSA-REQ
     messages received by the CMTS from that interface.  The
     docsQosDSAReqs object in the downstream row at the CMTS counts the
     number of DSA-REQ messages transmitted by the CMTS on that interface.

     The remaining six counters per (interface, direction) combination
     count the number of successful and unsuccessful *transactions* that
     were initiated on the interface and direction. For example, the
     upstream docsQosDynamicAdds on a CMTS is the number of successfully
     completed CM-initiated dynamic additions, because at the CMTS a CM-
     initiated DSA starts in the upstream direction.  The downstream
     docsQosDynamicAdds at a CMTS is the number of successful CMTS-
     initiated DSA transactions.

     Dynamic service transactions can fail for a number of reasons, as
     listed in the state machines of section 9.4. Rather than include
     still more counters for each different failure reason, they are
     grouped into a single count, e.g docsQosDynamicAddFails.  Again, this
     object exists in both directions, so that locally originated vs
     remotely originated transaction failures are counted separately.
     Further troubleshooting of transaction failures will require vendor-
     specific queries and operation.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 15]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  2.2.7  docsQosServiceFlowLogTable

     This table contains a log of the Service Flows no longer existing in
     the docsQosServiceFlowTable. It is intended to be periodically polled
     by traffic monitoring and billing agents. It is implemented only at
     the CMTS.

     It contains a chronlogical log of SF session statistics, including a
     total count of packets and octets transferred on the SF.  It includes
     time stamps of the SF creation and deletion time, as well as its
     number of active seconds. The active second count is the count of
     seconds that the SF had a non-empty Active Qos Parameter Set, i.e. it
     was eligible to pass data.  For unicast SFs, it includes the CM MAC
     address associated with the flow for billing reference purposes.

     The maximum number of log records kept by a CMTS, and the duration
     that a log record is maintained in the table is vendor-specific.  An
     explicit control object is provided so that the monitoring
     application can explicitly delete records it has read.

  2.2.8  docsQosServiceClassTable

     This table defines the Service Class Name and references a Qos
     Parameter Set for each Service Class defined in a CMTS.  It is
     indexed by the Service Class Name string itself.  The table is read-
     create on a CMTS, and is not implemented in a CM.  Each entry of the
     docsQosServiceClassTable should define a template for flows in a
     given direction (upstream or downstream). Some parameters of the
     docsQosServiceClassTable are specific to a particular direction, and
     so their values are not-applicable when used as a template for flows
     in the other direction.

  2.2.9  docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable

     The docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable can be referenced by the
     docsDevFilterPolicyTable of [21] in order to have a "policy" that
     classifies packets to a named Service Class. This is one mechanism by
     which "external" entities (like an SNMP manager) may control the
     classification of packet for QOS purposes. Entries are indexed by a
     small integer docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex.  They provide a Service
     Class Name and a Rule Priority.  A policy referencing a row of this
     table intends the packet to be forwarded on a Service Flow
     "belonging" to the named Service Class. See the section "Externally
     Administered Classification", below.

     This table is implemented on both the CM and CMTS, and is read-create
     on both.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 16]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable

     The Payload Header Suppression (PHS) feature of DOCSIS 1.1 permits
     packets to replace the unchanging bytes of the Ethernet, IP, and UDP
     headers with a one-byte index when transmitting on the cable network.
     This is especially useful for IP Telephony packets, where such
     suppression can result in almost twice the number of calls supported
     within the same upstream channel.

     Each entry of the table corresponds to a PHS Rule as described in
     section 8.4 of [16].  The rules are identified by their corresponding
     service flow ID and docsQosPktClassId. A PHS rule is associated with
     exactly one classifier.  The table is therefore indexed by the tuple
     { ifINdex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId}.

     This table is read-only, and MUST be implemented on both the CM and
     CMTS when PHS is supported.

  2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable

     The docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable provides describes the mapping of CM
     mac addresses to the  Service Flow Ids that are uniquely identified
     with that CM.  External applications may collect statistics on all
     packets flowing through a CM by determining the SFID of all of its
     flows, and then collecting the statistics of packets and bytes for
     each flow.

     Downstream multicast service flows are not indicated in the
     docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable because they are not associated with
     only one CM.

  3.  Externally Administered Classification

     Docsis 1.1 provides rich semantics for the classification of packets
     to service flows with it Service Flow Classifier table. Service Flow
     Classifiers may be created statically in the DOCSIS CM configuration
     file, or may be created dynamically with Dynamic Service Addition
     (DSA) and Dynamic Service Change (DSC) DOCSIS MAC messages.

     Several major issues arose with the concept of externally
     administered classification, i.e. should an external SNMP manager be
     permitted to create classification rows? One problem was the co-
     ordination of classifier IDs, since such an approach would require
     either separate classifier ID number spaces or objects to co-ordinate
     both internal and external classifier ID assignments.  A more serious
     problem, however, was the requirement that external creation of SF
     Classifiers would require "knowledge" of the individual Service Flow

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 17]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     ID for service flows by external applications.  It was strongly felt
     by the committee that SFIDs should remain an internal Docsis object,
     and not be transmitted as part of protocol flows, e.g. for IP packet
     telephony signalling.  Docsis 1.1 introduced the concept of named
     Service Classes for ease of administration within a domain of CMs and
     CMTSs.  What was desired was to permit external classification of
     packets to a Service Class, not a particular Service Flow.

     The DOCSIS committee therefore decided to use the already-defined IP
     Packet Filter Table [21] for the external classification of packets
     for QOS purposes.  The docsDevIpPacketFilterTable defines similar
     packet matching criteria as docsQosPktClassTable, but it matches a
     packet to an arbitrary "policy set" instead of a particular Service
     Flow. One of the policies in the policy set then selects the Service
     Class of the SF on which to forward the packet.  The
     docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable of this MIB defines the Service Class
     Name to which a packet is classified.

     The interaction of external and internal packet classification is
     depicted below.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 18]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                |
                |  Outbound Pkt
                V
            docsDevIpFilterTable------> docsDevFilterPolicyTable
                |                                |
                |                                V
                |                      docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable
                |                                |
                | Pkt                            | ServiceClassName,
                |                                |
ServiceClassPolicyRulePriority
                V                                V
       +--------------------------------------------------------+
       |        |   DOCSIS MAC LAYER ENTITY      |              |
       |        |                                | Select any   |
       |        V                                | SFID Y in SCN|
       |    docsQosPktClassTable <---------------|              |
       |        |                                |              |
       |        | docsQosPktClassPriority,       |              |
       |        | SFID X                         |              |
       |        V                                V              |
       |      ----------------------------------------+         |
       |      | Select the SFID associated with the   |         |
       |      | higher of docsQosPktClassPriority or  |         |
       |      | docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority |         |
       |      +---------------------------------------+         |
       |                             |                          |
       |                             V                          |
       |           |    |          |    |                       |
       |           |    |    ...   |    |  Service Flows        |
       |           +----+          +----+                       |
       |           SFID X          SFID Y                       |
       +--------------------------------------------------------+

            Figure 2: Docsis Packet Classification

     The processing of an outgoing packet proceeds as follows:

            1.  The packet is first checked for matches with rows of the
                docsDevIpFilterTable. If it matches, the matching row
                provides a docsDevFilterPolicyId integer.

            2.  The docsDevFilterPolicyId indexes into one (or more) rows
                of docsDevFilterPolicyTable. Each row provides an
                arbitrary RowPointer (docsDevFilterPolicyPtr),
                corresponding to a policy to be applied to the packet.

            3.  This MIB defines a docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable whose
                entries may be pointed to by docsDevFilterPolicyPtr in

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 19]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                order to administratively classify packets to a named
                DOCSIS Service Class.  The docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
                provides a Service Class Name (SCN) as
                docsQosServiceClassPolicyName and a classification rule
                priority as docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority. These
                are submitted to the device's Docsis MAC Layer entity as a
                special form of the MAC_DATA.request primitive, as
                described in Section E.2.1 of [16].

            4.  The MAC Layer selects an SFID ("Y") of an active Service
                Flow belonging to the named class, choosing an SF
                arbitrarily if there is more than one.

            5.  The packet is then classified according to the
                docsQosPktClassTable, which may classify the packet to a
                different SFID "X".  Associated with the classifier is a
                docsQosPktClassPriority.

            6.  In the event of a conflict between the SCN-determined SFID
                and the classified SFID, the greater of
                docsQosPktClassPriority and
                docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority determines which
                SFID is selected to forward the packet.

          A packet which does not match a docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
          is directly submitted to the Docsis MAC layer, where the
          docsQosPktClassTable selects the SID on which it is to be
          forwarded.

          By convention (in [16]), the "internal" docsQosPktClassPriority
          values should be in the range of 64-191, while the "external"
          priorities may be either in the range 192-255 to override the
          internal classification or the range 0-63 to be overriden by
          internal classification.

          This classification mechanism applies both upstream from the CM
          and downstream from the CMTS.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 20]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  4.  Definitions

  --
  -- Docsis QOS Extensions MIB
  --

  DOCS-QOS-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

  IMPORTS
      MODULE-IDENTITY,
      OBJECT-TYPE,
      Integer32,
      Counter32,
      IpAddress,
      Unsigned32
        FROM SNMPv2-SMI

      TEXTUAL-CONVENTION,
      MacAddress,
      RowStatus,
      TruthValue,
      DisplayString,
      TimeStamp
        FROM SNMPv2-TC

      OBJECT-GROUP,
      MODULE-COMPLIANCE
        FROM SNMPv2-CONF

      ifIndex,
      InterfaceIndex
        FROM IF-MIB

      docsIfMib
        FROM DOCS-IF-MIB;

  docsQosMIB   MODULE-IDENTITY
      LAST-UPDATED    "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001
      ORGANIZATION    "IETF IPCDN Working Group"
      CONTACT-INFO
          "
           Co-Author: Michael Patrick
           Postal:    Motorola ISG
                      20 Cabot Blvd, MS M4-30
                      Mansfield, MA 02048-1193
                      U.S.A.
           Phone:     +1 508 261 5707
           E-mail:    [email-masked]"

      DESCRIPTION
          "This is the management information for

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 21]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

           Quality Of Service (QOS) for DOCSIS 1.1."

      REVISION        "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001
      DESCRIPTION
          "Published as draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt.

          Changes from qos-mib-04 include:
          - Changed default value of docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
            docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255. This is the
            only functional change of the revision.
          - Clarified description of dosQosServiceFlowPkts to avoid
            requiring CMs to classify downstream packets.
          - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns only applies to
            received packets.
          - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and docsQosParamSetBitMap
            indicate all parameters for both adds and changes.
          "
      ::= { docsIfMib 7 }                -- BPIPlus mib is docsIfMIb 6

  docsQosMIBObjects  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { docsQosMIB 1 }

  -- Textual Conventions
  IfDirection ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Indicates a direction on an RF MAC interface.

                       The value downstream(1) is from Cable Modem
                       Termination System to Cable Modem.

                       The value upstream(2) is from Cable Modem to
                       Cable Modem Termination System."
      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                         downstream(1),
                         upstream(2)
                      }

  BitRate ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      DISPLAY-HINT    "d"
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The rate of traffic in unit of bits per second.
                       Used to specify traffic rate for QOS."
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32

  SchedulingType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The scheduling service provided by a CMTS for an
                      upstream service flow. If the parameter is omitted
                      from an upstream QOS Parameter Set, this object takes
                      the value of bestEffort (2). This parameter must be
                      reported as undefined (1) for downstream QOS Parameter
                      Sets."

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 22]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                        undefined (1),
                        bestEffort (2),
                        nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                        realTimePollingService(4),
                        unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5),
                        unsolictedGrantService(6)
                      }

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
  --
  -- Packet Classifier Table
  --
  docsQosPktClassTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPktClassEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the packet classification
                      configured on the CM or CMTS.
                      The model is that a packet either received
                      as input from an interface or transmitted
                      for output on an interface may be compared
                      against an ordered list of rules pertaining to
                      the packet contents. Each rule is a row of this
                      table. A matching rule provides a service flow
                      id to to which the packet is classified.
                      All rules need to match for a packet to match
                      a classifier.

                      The objects in this row correspond to a set of
                      Classifier Encoding parameters in a DOCSIS
                      MAC management message. The docsQosPktClassBitMap
                      indicates which particular parameters were present
                      in the classifier as signalled in the DOCSIS message.
                      If the referenced parameter was not present
                      in the signalled DOCSIS 1.1 Classifier, the
                      corresponding object in this row reports a
                      value as specified in the DESCRIPTION section.
                      "
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 1 }

  docsQosPktClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosPktClassEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "An entry in this table provides a single packet
                       classifier rule. The index ifIndex is an ifType
                       of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
      INDEX {
              ifIndex,

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 23]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

              docsQosServiceFlowId,
              docsQosPktClassId
            }
      ::= { docsQosPktClassTable 1 }

  DocsQosPktClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosPktClassId               Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassDirection        IfDirection,
      docsQosPktClassPriority         Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosLow         OCTET STRING,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh        OCTET STRING,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosMask        OCTET STRING,
      docsQosPktClassIpProtocol       Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr     IpAddress,
      docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask     IpAddress,
      docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr       IpAddress,
      docsQosPktClassIpDestMask       IpAddress,
      docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart  Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd    Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassDestPortStart    Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd      Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr      MacAddress,
      docsQosPktClassDestMacMask      MacAddress,
      docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr    MacAddress,
      docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType INTEGER,
      docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol     Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassUserPriLow       Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh      Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassVlanId           Integer32,
      docsQosPktClassState            INTEGER,
      docsQosPktClassPkts             Counter32,
      docsQosPktClassBitMap           BITS
    }

  docsQosPktClassId       OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Index assigned to packet classifier entry by
                       the CMTS which is unique per service flow."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.2"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 1 }

  docsQosPktClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Indicates the direction to which the classifier
                       is applied."

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 24]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 2 }

  docsQosPktClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The value specifies the order of evaluation
                       of the classifiers.
                       The higher the value the higher the priority.
                       The value of 0 is used as default in
                       provisioned service flows classifiers.
                       The default value of 64 is used for dynamic
                       service flow classifiers.
                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the default
value
                       as defined above."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 3 }

  docsQosPktClassIpTosLow OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The low value of a range of TOS byte values.
                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 4 }

  docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The 8-bit high value of a range of TOS byte
                       values.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 5 }

  docsQosPktClassIpTosMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The mask value is bitwise ANDed with TOS byte
                       in an IP packet and this value is used check
                       range checking of TosLow and TosHigh.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 25]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 6 }

  docsQosPktClassIpProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..258)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the value of the IP
                      Protocol field required for IP packets to match
                      this rule.

                      The value 256 matches traffic with any IP Protocol
                      value. The value 257 by convention matches both TCP
                      and UDP.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of
258."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.2"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 7 }

  docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IpAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP
                       Source Address required for packets to match
                       this rule. An IP packet matches the rule when
                       the packet ip source address bitwise ANDed
                       with the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value
                       equals the docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr value.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                       0.0.0.0."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.3"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 8 }

  docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IpAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's
                      IP Source Address that are compared to match
                      this rule.
                      An IP packet matches the rule when the packet
                      source address bitwise ANDed with the
                      docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value equals the
                      docsQosIpPktClassSourceAddr value.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 26]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      255.255.255.255."

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.4"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 9 }

  docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IpAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP
                       Destination Address required for packets to
                       match this rule. An IP packet matches the rule
                       when the packet IP destination address
                       bitwise ANDed with the
                       docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the
                       docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                       255.255.255.255."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.5"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 10 }

  docsQosPktClassIpDestMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IpAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's
                      IP Destination Address that are compared to
                      match this rule.
                      An IP packet matches the rule when the packet
                      destination address bitwise ANDed with the
                      docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the
                      docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                      0.0.0.0."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.6"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 11}

  docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive
                       range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which
                       a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant
                       for non-TCP/UDP IP packets.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 27]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
      REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.7"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 12 }

  docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive
                       range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which
                       a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant
                       for non-TCP/UDP IP packets.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                       65535."
      REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 13 }

  docsQosPktClassDestPortStart OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive
                       range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to
                       which a packet is compared.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 14 }

  docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive
                       range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to which
                       a packet is compared.

                       If the referenced parameter is not present
                       in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                       65535."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.10"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 15 }

  docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          MacAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 28]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its
                      destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with
                      docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of
                      docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                      '000000000000'H.
                      "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 16 }

  docsQosPktClassDestMacMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          MacAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its
                      destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with
                      docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of
                      docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                      '000000000000'H.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 17 }

  docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          MacAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches this entry when its
                      source MAC address equals the value of
                      this object.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of
                      'FFFFFFFFFFFF'H.
                      "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.2"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 18 }

  docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                        none(0),
                        ethertype(1),
                        dsap(2),
                        mac(3),
                        all(4)

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 29]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the format of the layer 3
                      protocol id in the Ethernet packet. A value of
                      none(0) means that the rule does not use the
                      layer 3 protocol type as a matching criteria.

                      A value of ethertype(1) means that the rule
                      applies only to frames which contains an
                      EtherType value. Ethertype values are contained
                      in packets using the Dec-Intel-Xerox (DIX)
                      encapsulation or the RFC1042 Sub-Network Access
                      Protocol (SNAP) encapsulation formats.

                      A value of dsap(2) means that the rule applies
                      only to frames using the IEEE802.3
                      encapsulation format with a Destination Service
                      Access Point (DSAP) other
                      than 0xAA (which is reserved for SNAP).

                      A value of mac(3) means that the rule applies
                      only to MAC management messages for MAC management
                      messages.

                      A value of all(4) means that the rule matches
                      all Ethernet packets.

                      If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag
                      header (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object
                      applies to the embedded EtherType field within
                      the 802.1P/Q header.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present
                      in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0.

                      "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 19 }

  docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "If docsQosEthPktClassProtocolType is none(0),
                      this object is ignored when considering whether
                      a packet matches the current rule.

                      If dosQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is ethertype(1),
                      this object gives the 16-bit value of the

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 30]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      EtherType that the packet must match in order to
                      match the rule.

                      If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is dsap(2), the
                      lower 8 bits of this object's value must match the
                      DSAP byte of the packet in order to match the
                      rule.

                      If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is mac(3), the
                      lower 8 bits of this object value represent a
                      lower bound (inclusive) of MAC management message
                      type codes matched, and the upper 8 bits of this
                      object value represent the upper bound (inclusive)
                      of matched MAC message type codes.  Certain
                      message type codes are excluded from matching, as
                      specified in the reference.

                      If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag header
                      (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object applies to the
                      embedded EtherType field within the 802.1P/Q header.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 20 }

  -- docsQosPktClassUserPriApplies { docsQosPktClassEntry 21 }
  --   was removed in revision -03.

  docsQosPktClassUserPriLow OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                      using the 802.1P/Q tag header (indicated with
                      EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit
                      Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and
                      a 12 bit VLAN number.

                      Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit
                      Priority field within the range of
                      docsQosPktClassPriLow and docsQosPktClassPriHigh in
                      order to match this rule.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 22 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 31]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                      using the 802.1P/Qtag header (indicated with
                      EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit
                      Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and
                      a 12 bit VLAN number.

                      Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit
                      Priority field within the range of
                      docsQosPktClassPriLow and
                      docsQosPktClassPriHigh in order to match this
                      rule.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      classifier, the value of this object is reported
                      as 7.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 23 }

  docsQosPktClassVlanId OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..4095)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames
                      using the 802.1P/Q tag header.

                      If this object's value is nonzero, tagged
                      packets must have a VLAN Identifier that matches
                      the value in order to match the rule.

                      Only the least significant 12 bits of this object's
                      value are valid.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      classifier, the value of this object is reported
                      as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.2"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 24 }

  docsQosPktClassState OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                        active(1),
                        inactive(2)
                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 32]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates whether or not the classifier
                      is enabled to classify packets to a Service Flow.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      classifier, the value of this object is reported
                      as active(1).
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.6"
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 25 }

  docsQosPktClassPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object counts the number of packets that have
                      been classified using this entry."
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 26 }

  docsQosPktClassBitMap OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          BITS {              -- Reference SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714
                          rulePriority(0),     -- Appendix C.2.1.3.4
                          activationState(1),  -- Appendix C.2.1.3.6
                          ipTos(2),            -- Appendix C.2.1.5.1
                          ipProtocol(3),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.2
                          ipSourceAddr(4),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.3
                          ipSourceMask(5),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.4
                          ipDestAddr(6),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.5
                          ipDestMask(7),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.6
                          sourcePortStart(8),  -- Appendix C.2.1.5.7
                          sourcePortEnd(9),    -- Appendix C.2.1.5.8
                          destPortStart(10),   -- Appendix C.2.1.5.9
                          destPortEnd(11),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.10
                          destMac(12),         -- Appendix C.2.1.6.1
                          sourceMac(13),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.2
                          ethertype(14),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.3
                          userPri(15),         -- Appendix C.2.1.7.1
                          vlanId(16)           -- Appendix C.2.1.7.2
                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION
                      "This object indicates which parameter encodings were
                      actually present in the DOCSIS packet classifier
                      encoding signalled in the DOCSIS message that
                      created or modified the classifier. Note that
                      Dynamic Service Change messages have replace
                      semantics, so that all non-default parameters must
                      be present whether the classifier is being created
                      or changed.

                      A bit of of this object is set to 1 if the parameter

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 33]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      indicated by the comment was present in the classifier
                      encoding, and 0 otherwise.

                      Note that BITS are encoded most significant bit
                      first, so that if e.g. bits 6 and 7 are set, this
object
                      is encoded as the octet string '030000'H.
                     "
      ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 27 }

  --
  -- QOS Parameter Set Table
  --
  docsQosParamSetTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosParamSetEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of DOCSIS 1.1 QOS
                      parameters defined in a managed device.

                      The ifIndex index specifies a DOCSIS MAC Domain.
                      The docsQosServiceFlowId index specifies a particular
                      Service Flow.
                      The docsQosParamSetType index indicates whether
                      the active, admitted, or provisioned QOS Parameter
                      Set is being described by the row.

                      Only the QOS Parameter Sets of Docsis 1.1 service
                      flows are represented in this table.  Docsis 1.0
                      QOS service profiles are not represented in this
                      table.

                      Each row corresponds to a DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set
                      as signaled via DOCSIS MAC management messages.
                      Each object in the row corresponds to one or
                      part of one DOCSIS 1.1 Service Flow Encoding.
                      The docsQosParamSetBitMap object in the row indicates
                      which particular parameters were signalled in
                      the original registration or dynamic service
                      request message that created the QOS Parameter Set.

                      In many cases, even if a QOS Parameter Set parameter
                      was not signalled, the DOCSIS specification calls
                      for a default value to be used. That default value
                      is reported as the value of the corresponding object
                      in this row.

                      Many objects are not applicable depending on
                      the service flow direction or upstream scheduling
                      type.  The object value reported in this case

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 34]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      is specified in the DESCRIPTION clause.
                      "

      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 2 }

  docsQosParamSetEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosParamSetEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION
      "A unique set of QOS parameters."
      INDEX {
          ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType
            }
      ::= { docsQosParamSetTable 2 }

  -- Type of docsQosParamSet Entry { docsQosParamSetTable 1 } was
  --   changed with revision -03

  DocsQosParamSetEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosParamSetServiceClassName   DisplayString,
      docsQosParamSetPriority           Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate     BitRate,
      docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate    BitRate,
      docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt     Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout      Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout    Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst     Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetSchedulingType     SchedulingType,
      docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval    Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter      Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval  Integer32,
      docsQosParamSetTosAndMask         OCTET STRING,
      docsQosParamSetTosOrMask          OCTET STRING,
      docsQosParamSetMaxLatency         Unsigned32,
      docsQosParamSetType               INTEGER,
      docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct   OCTET STRING,
      docsQosParamSetBitMap             BITS
      }

  -- Removed docsQosParamSetRowType { docsQosParamSetEntry 1  }
  --    with revision -03
  -- Removed docsQosParamSetIndex { docsQosParamSetEntry 2 }
  --    with revision -03
  -- Removed docsQosParamSetRowStatus { docsQosParamSetEntry 3}

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 35]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  --    with revision -03

  docsQosParamSetServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DisplayString
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Refers to the Service Class Name that the
                      parameter set values were derived.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is a zero length string.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 4 }

  docsQosParamSetPriority OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The relative priority of a service flow.
                      Higher numbers indicate higher priority.
                      This priority should only be used to differentiate
                      service flow with identical parameter sets.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is 0.  If the parameter is
                      not applicable, the reported value is 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.2"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 5 }

  docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          BitRate
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Maximum sustained traffic rate allowed for this
                      service flow in bits/sec. Must count all MAC frame
                      data PDU from the bytes following the MAC header HCS
to
                      the end of the CRC. The number of bytes
                      forwarded is limited during any time interval.
                      The value 0 means no maximum traffic rate is
                      enforced. This object applies to both upstream and
                      downstream service flows.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is 0. If the parameter is
                      not applicable, it is reported as 0.
                     "

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 36]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.3"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 6 }

  docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the token bucket size in bytes
                      for this parameter set. The value is calculated
                      from the byte following the MAC header HCS to
                      the end of the CRC. This object is applied in
                      conjunction with docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate to
                      calculate maximum sustained traffic rate.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object for scheduling types
                      bestEffort (2), nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                      and realTimePollingService(4) is 1522.

                      If this parameter is not applicable, it is reported
                      as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.4"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 7 }

  docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          BitRate
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the guaranteed minimum rate in
                      bits/sec for this parameter set. The value is
                      calculated from the byte following the MAC
                      header HCS to the end of the CRC. The default
                      value of 0 has the meaning that no bandwidth
                      is reserved.
                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is 0. If the parameter
                      is not applicable, it is reported as 0.
                      "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.5"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 8 }

  docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies an assumed minimum packet size in
                      bytes for which the docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate
                      will be provided. The value is calculated from

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 37]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      the byte following the MAC header HCS to the
                      end of the CRC.

                      If the referenced parameter is omitted from a
                      DOCSIS QOS parameter set, the default value is
                      CMTS implementation dependent. In this case, the
                      CMTS reports the default value it is using and the
                      CM reports a value of 0. If the referenced
                      parameter is not applicable to the direction or
                      scheduling type of the service flow, both CMTS and
                      CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.6"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 9 }

  docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      UNITS           "seconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that
                      resources remain unused on an active service
                      flow before CMTS signals that both active and
                      admitted parameters set are null.
                      The default value of 0 signifies an
                      infinite amount of time.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is 0.
                     "

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.7"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 10 }

  docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      UNITS           "seconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that
                      resources remain in admitted state before
                      resources must be released.
                      The value of 0 signifies an infinite amount
                      of time.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the
                      default value of this object is 200.
                     "

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 38]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.8"
      DEFVAL          { 200 }
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 11 }

  docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum concatenated burst in
                      bytes which an upstream  service flow is allowed.
                      The value is calculated from the FC byte of the
                      Concatenation MAC Header to the last CRC byte in
                      of the last concatenated MAC frame, inclusive.
                      The value of 0 specifies no maximum burst.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default
                      value of this object is 0. If the parameter is
                      not applicable, this object's value is reported
                      as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.1"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 12 }

  docsQosParamSetSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SchedulingType
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the upstream scheduling service used for
                      upstream service flow.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set of an
                      upstream service flow, the default value of this
                      object is bestEffort(2). For QOS parameter sets of
                      downstream service flows, this object's value is
                      reported as undefined(1).
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.2"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 13 }

  --  Changed type of  docsQosParamSetRequestPolicy { docsQosParamSetEntry
14 }
  --    to docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 }

  docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 39]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds
                      between successive unicast request
                      opportunities on an upstream service flow.

                      This object applies only to upstream service flows
                      with schedulingType of value
                      nonRealTimePollingService(3),
                      realTimePollingService(4), and
                      unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5).  The parameter is
                      mandatory for realTimePollingService(4).  If the
                      parameter is omitted with
                      nonRealTimePollingService(3), the CMTS uses an
                      implementation dependent value.  If the parameter
                      is omitted with unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5),
                      the CMTS uses as a default value the value of the
                      Nominal Grant Interval parameter.  In all cases,
                      the CMTS reports the value it is using when the
                      parameter is applicable.  The CM reports the
                      signaled parameter value if it was signaled,
                      and 0 otherwise.

                      If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                      the direction or scheduling type of the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                      CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.4"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 15 }

  docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in
                      microseconds that the unicast request interval
                      may be delayed from the nominal periodic
                      schedule on an upstream service flow.

                      This parameter is applicable only to upstream
                      service flows with a Schedulingtype of
                      realTimePollingService(4) or
                      unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5).

                      If the referenced parameter is applicable but not
                      present in the corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter
                      Set, the CMTS uses an implementation dependent
                      value and reports the value it is using.
                      The CM reports a value of 0 in this case.

                      If the parameter is not applicable to the

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 40]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      direction or upstream scheduling type of the
                      service flow, both CMTS and CM report this
                      object's value as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.5"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 16 }

  docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the unsolicited grant size in bytes.
                      The grant size includes the entired MAC frame
                      data PDU from the Frame Control byte to end of
                      the MAC frame.

                      The referenced parameter is applicable only
                      for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                      of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                      unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                      when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report
                      the signaled value of the parameter in this
                      case.

                      If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                      the direction or scheduling type of the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                      CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.6"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 17 }

  docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds
                      between successive data grant opportunities
                      on an upstream service flow.

                      The referenced parameter is applicable only
                      for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                      of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                      unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                      when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                      signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                      If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                      the direction or scheduling type of the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 41]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.7"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 18 }

  docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in
                      microseconds that the transmission opportunities
                      may be delayed from the nominal periodic schedule.

                      The referenced parameter is applicable only
                      for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                      of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                      unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                      when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                      signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                      If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                      the direction or scheduling type of the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                      CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.8"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 19 }

  docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the number of data grants per Nominal
                      Grant Interval
                      (docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval).

                      The referenced parameter is applicable only
                      for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of
                      of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or
                      unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory
                      when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the
                      signaled value of the parameter in this case.

                      If the referenced parameter is not applicable to
                      the direction or scheduling type of the
                      corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both
                      CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0.
                     "

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 42]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.9"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 20 }

  docsQosParamSetTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the AND mask for IP TOS byte for overwriting
                      IP packets TOS value.  The IP packets TOS byte is
                      bitwise ANDed with docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                      result is bitwise ORed with docsQosParamSetTosORMask
                      and result is written to IP packet TOS byte.
                      A value of 'FF'H for docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                      a value of '00'H for docsQosParamSetTosOrMask means
                      that IP Packet TOS byte is not overwritten.

                      This combination is reported if the referenced
                      parameter is not present in a QOS Parameter Set."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 21 }

  docsQosParamSetTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the OR mask for IP TOS byte.
                      See the description of docsQosParamSetTosAndMask
                      for further details."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 22 }

  docsQosParamSetMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum latency between the
                      reception of a packet by the CMTS on its NSI
                      and the forwarding of the packet to the RF
                      interface. A value of 0 signifies no maximum
                      latency enforced. This object only applies to
                      downstream service flows.

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in the
                      corresponding downstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set,
                      the default value is 0. This parameter is
                      not applicable to upstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Sets,
                      and its value is reported as 0 in this case.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 23 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 43]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  docsQosParamSetType     OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                         active (1),
                         admitted (2),
                         provisioned (3)
                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Defines the type of the QOS parameter set defined
                      by this row. active(1) indicates the Active QOS
                      parameter set, describing the service currently
                      being provided by the Docsis MAC domain to the
                      service flow. admitted(2) indicates the Admitted
                      QOS Parameter Set, describing services reserved by
                      by the Docsis MAC domain for use by the service flow.
                      provisioned (3) describes the QOS Parameter Set
                      defined in the DOCSIS CM Configuration file for
                      the service flow."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, 8.1.5"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 24 }

  docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4))
                      -- A 32-bit mask represented most significant byte
                      -- first. The 32 bit integer represented in this
manner
                      -- equals the binary value of the referenced integer
                      -- parameter of the DOCSIS RFI specification.
                      -- The BITS syntax is not used in order to avoid
                      -- the confusion caused by different bit numbering
                      -- conventions.
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies which transmit interval opportunities
                      the CM omits for upstream transmission requests and
                      packet transmissions. This object takes its
                      default value for downstream service flows.

                      Unless otherwise indicated, a bit value of 1 means
                      that a CM must *not* use that opportunity for
                      upstream transmission.

                      Calling bit 0 the least significant bit of the
                      least significant (4th) octet, and increasing
                      bit number with significance, the bit definitions
                      are as defined below:

                      broadcastReqOpp(0):
                           all CMs broadcast request opportunities

                      priorityReqMulticastReq(1):
                           priority request multicast request opportunities

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 44]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      reqDataForReq(3):
                           request/data opportunities for requests

                      reqDataForData(4):
                           request/data opportunities for data

                      concatenateData(5):
                           concatenate data

                      fragmentData(6):
                           fragment data

                      suppresspayloadheaders(7):
                           suppress payload headers

                      dropPktsExceedUGSize(8):
                           A value of 1 mean that service flow must drop
                           packet that do not fit in the Unsolicited
                           Grant size

                      If the referenced parameter is not present in
                      a QOS Parameter Set, the value of this object is
                      reported as '00000000'H.
                      "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.3"
      ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 }

  docsQosParamSetBitMap OBJECT-TYPE
                                  -- Each bit corresponds to a parameter
                                  -- from SP-RFI-v1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C
      SYNTAX          BITS {      -- in the indicated section number.
                          trafficPriority(0),     -- C.2.2.5.2
                          maxTrafficRate(1),      -- C.2.2.5.3
                          maxTrafficBurst(2),     -- C.2.2.5.4
                          minReservedRate(3),     -- C.2.2.5.5
                          minReservedPkt(4),      -- C.2.2.5.6
                          activeTimeout(5),       -- C.2.2.5.7
                          admittedTimeout(6),     -- C.2.2.5.8
                          maxConcatBurst(7),      -- C.2.2.6.1
                          schedulingType(8),      -- C.2.2.6.2
                          requestPolicy(9),       -- C.2.2.6.3
                          nomPollInterval(10),    -- C.2.2.6.4
                          tolPollJitter(11),      -- C.2.2.6.5
                          unsolicitGrantSize(12), -- C.2.2.6.6
                          nomGrantInterval(13),   -- C.2.2.6.7
                          tolGrantJitter(14),     -- C.2.2.6.8
                          grantsPerInterval(15),  -- C.2.2.6.9
                          tosOverwrite(16),       -- C.2.2.6.10
                          maxLatency(17)          -- C.2.2.7.1
                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 45]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the set of QOS Parameter
                      Set parameters actually signaled in the
                      DOCSIS registration or dynamic service request
                      message that created or modified the QOS Parameter
Set.
                      A bit is set to 1 when the parameter described
                      by the indicated reference section is present
                      in the original request.

                      Note that when Service Class names are expanded,
                      the registration or dynamic response message may
                      contain parameters as expanded by the CMTS based
                      on a stored service class. These expanded
                      parameters are *not* indicated by a 1 bit in this
                      object.

                      Note that even though some QOS Parameter Set
                      parameters may not be signalled in a message
                      (so that the paramater's bit in this object is 0)
                      the DOCSIS specification calls for default
                      values to be used. These default values are
                      reported as the corresponding object's value in
                      the row.

                      Note that BITS objects are encoded most
                      significant bit first. For example, if bits
                      1 and 16 are set, the value of this object
                      is the octet string '400080'H.

                     "
  ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 26 }

  --
  --  Service Flow Table
  --
  docsQosServiceFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                       Service Flows in a managed device. "
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 3 }

  docsQosServiceFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Describes a service flow.
                       An entry in the table exists for each
                       Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an
                       ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 46]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosServiceFlowId
            }
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowTable 1 }

  DocsQosServiceFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosServiceFlowId                       Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceFlowSID                      Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceFlowDirection                IfDirection,
      docsQosServiceFlowPrimary                  TruthValue
      }

  docsQosServiceFlowId    OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.2"
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 1 }

  -- Remove docsQosServiceFlowProvisionedParamSetIndex
  --    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 2} with revision -03
  -- Remove docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedParamSetIndex
  --    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 3} with revision -03
  -- Remove docsQosServiceFlowActiveParamSetIndex
  --    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 4} with revision -03

  docsQosServiceFlowSID  OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (0..16383)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Service Identifier (SID) assigned to an
                      admitted or active service flow. This object
                      reports a value of 0 if a Service Id is not
                      associated with the service flow. Only active
                      or admitted upstream service flows will have a
                      Service Id (SID)."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.3"
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 6 }

  docsQosServiceFlowDirection OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The direction of the service flow."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.1/2"
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 7 }

  docsQosServiceFlowPrimary OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TruthValue

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 47]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Object reflects whether service flow is the primary
                      or a secondary service flow.

                      A primary service flow is the default service flow
                      for otherwise unclassified traffic and all MAC
                      messages."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Section 8.1 "
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 8 }

  -- Moved docsQosServiceFlow'ActiveTimeout, 'AdmittedTimeout,
  -- 'SchedulingType, 'RequestPolicy, 'TosAndMask, and 'TosOrMask
  -- back to docsQosParamSetTable with QOS-MIB-04.

  --
  --  Service Flow Stats Table
  --
  docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the
                       Service Flows in a managed device. "
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 4 }

  docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of service flow statistics.
                       An entry in the table exists for each
                       Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an
                       ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosServiceFlowId
            }
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable 1 }

  DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosServiceFlowPkts                     Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowOctets                   Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated              TimeStamp,
      docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive               Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns              Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts          Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts         Counter32
      }

  docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 48]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to this
                      service flow. This object does not count MAC-specific
                      management messages.
                      CMs not classifying downstream packets may report
                      this object's value as 0. "
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 1 }

  docsQosServiceFlowOctets OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets transmitted on the Docsis RF
network
                      from the byte after the MAC header HCS to the end
                      of the CRC for all packets counted in the
                      docsQosServiceFlowPkts object for this row. Note that
                      this counts the octets after payload header
suppression
                      has been applied. CMs not classifying to a downstream
                      service flow may report this object's value as 0 for
that
                      flow. "
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 2 }

  docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TimeStamp
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                      was created."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 3 }

  docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      UNITS           "seconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow has been active."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 4 }

  docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets received on the service flow
                      with an unknown payload header suppression index."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 5 }

  docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 49]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets dropped due to policing of
                      the service flow, especially to limit the maximum
                      rate of the flow."

      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 6 }

  docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of packet delayed due to policing of
                      the service flow, especially to limit the maximum
                      rate of the flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 7 }

  --
  --  Upstream Service Flow Stats Table (CMTS ONLY)
  --
  docsQosUpstreamStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with
                       upstream service flows. All counted frames must
                       be received without an FCS error."
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 5 }

  docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of upstream service flow statistics.
                       An entry in the table exists for each
                       upstream Service Flow in a managed device.
                       The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosSID
            }
      ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 1 }

  DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosSID                            Integer32,
      docsQosUpstreamFragments              Counter32,
      docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards           Counter32,
      docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts           Counter32
      }

  docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..16383)

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 50]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Identifies a service id for an admitted or active
                      upstream service flow."
      ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 1 }

  -- Renamed in revision -03 from docsQosUpstreamFragPkts
  docsQosUpstreamFragments OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of fragmentation headers received on an
                      upstream  service flow, regardless of whether
                      the fragment was correctly reassembled into a
                      valid packet. "
      ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 2 }

  docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of upstream fragments discarded and not
                      assembled into a valid upstream packet."
      ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 3 }

  docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of concatenation headers received on an
                      upstream service flow."
      ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 4 }

  --
  --  Dynamic Service Stats Table
  --
  docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the
                       Dynamic Service Flows in a managed device. "
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 6 }

  docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of dynamic service flow statistics.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 51]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                       Two entries exist for each Docsis mac layer
                       interface for the upstream and downstream direction.
                       On the CMTS, the downstream direction row indicates
                       messages transmitted or transactions originated
                       by the CMTS. The upstream direction row indicates
                       messages received or transaction originated by the
                       CM. On the CM, the downstream direction row
                       indicates messages received or transactions
                       originated by the CMTS. The upstream direction
                       row indicates messages transmitted by the CM or
                       transactions originated by the CM.
                       The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)."
      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosIfDirection
            }
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 1 }

  DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosIfDirection                         IfDirection,
      docsQosDSAReqs                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSARsps                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSAAcks                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSCReqs                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSCRsps                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSCAcks                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSDReqs                             Counter32,
      docsQosDSDRsps                             Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicAdds                         Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicAddFails                     Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicChanges                      Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicChangeFails                  Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicDeletes                      Counter32,
      docsQosDynamicDeleteFails                  Counter32,
      docsQosDCCReqs                             Counter32,
      docsQosDCCRsps                             Counter32,
      docsQosDCCAcks                             Counter32,
      docsQosDCCs                                Counter32,
      docsQosDCCFails                            Counter32
     }

  docsQosIfDirection OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The direction of interface."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 1 }

  docsQosDSAReqs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 52]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Requests"
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 2 }

  docsQosDSARsps OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Responses"
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 3 }

  docsQosDSAAcks OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition
Acknowledgements."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 4 }

  docsQosDSCReqs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Requests"
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 5 }

  docsQosDSCRsps OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Responses"
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 6 }

  docsQosDSCAcks OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Acknowlegements."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 7 }

  docsQosDSDReqs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Requests"
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 8 }

  docsQosDSDRsps OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Responses"

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 53]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 9 }

  docsQosDynamicAdds OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Addition
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 10 }

  docsQosDynamicAddFails OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Addition
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 11 }

  docsQosDynamicChanges OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Change
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 12 }

  docsQosDynamicChangeFails OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Change
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 13 }

  docsQosDynamicDeletes OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Delete
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 14 }

  docsQosDynamicDeleteFails OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Delete
                      transactions."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 15 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 54]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  docsQosDCCReqs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Request messages
          traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on
          downstream direction rows."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 16 }

  docsQosDCCRsps OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Response messages
          traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on upstream
          direction rows."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 17 }

  docsQosDCCAcks OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Acknowledgement
          messages traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only
          on downstream direction rows."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 18 }

  docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Channel Change
          transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction
          rows."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 19 }

  docsQosDCCFails OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Channel Change
          transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction
          rows."
      ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 20 }

  --
  --  Service Flow Log Table (CMTS ONLY)
  --
  docsQosServiceFlowLogTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 55]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table contains a log of the disconnected
                       Service Flows in a managed device."
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 7 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The information regarding a single disconnected
                       service flow."
      INDEX {
              docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex
            }
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 1 }

  DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex                 Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex               InterfaceIndex,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID                  Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac                 MacAddress,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts                  Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets                Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted           TimeStamp,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated           TimeStamp,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive            Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection             IfDirection,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary               TruthValue,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName      DisplayString,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts       Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts      Counter32,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogControl               INTEGER
      }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Unique index for a logged service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 1 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127)
                       on the CMTS where the service flow was present."
      ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 2 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID    OBJECT-TYPE

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 56]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The index assigned to the service flow by the CMTS."
      ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 3 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          MacAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the cable modem associated with
                       the service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 4 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets counted on this service flow
                      after payload header suppression."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 5 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets counted on this service flow
                      after payload header suppression."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 6 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TimeStamp
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                      was deleted."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 7 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TimeStamp
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow
                      was created."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 8 }

  docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      UNITS           "seconds"

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 57]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow was active."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 9 }

  -- docsQosServiceFlowLogControl was formerly { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry
10}
  -- and was renumbered in version -04.

  docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowDirection
                      for the service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  11}

  docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TruthValue
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowPrimary for the
                      service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  12}

  docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DisplayString
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosParamSetServiceClassName for
                      the provisioned QOS Parameter Set of the
                      service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  13}

  docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts
                      for the service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  14}

  docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts
                      for the service flow."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  15}

  docsQosServiceFlowLogControl OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          INTEGER {

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 58]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                       active(1),
                       destroy(6)
                      }

      MAX-ACCESS      read-write
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Setting this object to the value destroy(6) removes
                      this entry from the table.
                      Reading this object return the value active(1)."
      ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 16}

  --
  -- Service Class Table (CMTS ONLY)
  --
  docsQosServiceClassTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                       Service Classes in a CMTS. "
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 8 }

  docsQosServiceClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "A provisioned service class on a CMTS.
                  Each entry defines a template for certain
                  DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set values. When a CM
                  creates or modifies an Admitted QOS Parameter Set for a
                  Service Flow, it may reference a Service Class
                  Name instead of providing explicit QOS Parameter
                  Set values. In this case, the CMTS populates
                  the QOS Parameter Set with the applicable
                  corresponding values from the named Service Class.
                  Subsequent changes to a Service Class row do *not*
                  affect the QOS Parameter Set values of any service flows
                  already admitted.

                  A service class template applies to only
                  a single direction, as indicated in the
                  docsQosServiceClassDirection object.
                  "
      INDEX {
               docsQosServiceClassName
            }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassTable 1 }

  DocsQosServiceClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosServiceClassName               DisplayString (SIZE(1..15)),

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 59]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      docsQosServiceClassStatus             RowStatus,
      docsQosServiceClassPriority           Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate     BitRate,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate    BitRate,
      docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt     Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst     Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval    Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter      Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval  Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency         Unsigned32,
      docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout      Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout    Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType     SchedulingType,
      docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy      OCTET STRING (SIZE(4)),
      docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask         OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)),
      docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)),
      docsQosServiceClassDirection          IfDirection
      }

  docsQosServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DisplayString (SIZE(1..15))
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name. DOCSIS specifies that the
                      maximum size is 15 printable ASCII characters with
                      a terminating zero. The terminating zero is not
                      represented in this DisplayString syntax object.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4"
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 1 }

  -- docsQosServiceClassParamSetIndex { docsQosServiceClassEntry 2 }
  --    was removed in revision -03

  docsQosServiceClassStatus OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          RowStatus
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table."
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 3 }

  docsQosServiceClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetPriority."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 60]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 4 }

  docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          BitRate
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 5 }

  docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst."
      DEFVAL          { 1522 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 6 }

  docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          BitRate
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSEtMinReservedRate."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 7 }

  docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt."
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 8 }

  docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 9 }

  docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 10 }

  docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 61]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 11 }

  docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 12 }

  docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 13 }

  docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 14 }

  docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 15 }

  docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetClassMaxLatency."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1"
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 16 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 62]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      UNITS           "seconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowActiveTimeout."
      DEFVAL          { 0 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 17 }

  docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535)
      UNITS           "seconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedTimeout."
      DEFVAL          { 200 }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 18 }

  docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SchedulingType
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowSchedulingType."
      DEFVAL          { bestEffort }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 19 }

  docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowRequestPolicy."
      DEFVAL          { '00000000'H } -- no bits are set
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 20 }

  docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosAndMask."
      DEFVAL          { 'FF'H }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 21 }

  docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosOrMask."
      DEFVAL          { '00'H }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 22 }

  docsQosServiceClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 63]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Specifies whether the service class template
                      applies to upstream or downstream service flows."
      DEFVAL          { upstream }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 23 }

  --
  -- Service Class PolicyTable
  --
  docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS
                      Service Class Policies.

                      This table is an adjunct to the
                      docsDevFilterPolicy table.  Entries in
                      docsDevFilterPolicy table can  point to
                      specific rows in this table.

                      This table permits mapping a packet to a service
                      class name of an active service flow so long as
                      a classifier does not exist at a higher
                      priority.
                     "
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1"
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 9 }

  docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "A service class name policy entry."
      INDEX {
              docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex
            }
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 1 }

  DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex        Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyName         DisplayString,
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority Integer32,
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus       RowStatus
      }

  docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..2147483647)
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 64]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Index value to uniquely identify an entry in
                      this table."
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 1 }

  docsQosServiceClassPolicyName OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DisplayString
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name to identify the name of the
                      service class flow to which the packet should be
                      directed."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1"
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 2 }

  docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Policy rule priority for the
                      entry."
      REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5"
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 3 }

  docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          RowStatus
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table.
                      This object should not be deleted if it is
                      reference by an entry in docsDevFilterPolicy.
                      The reference should be deleted first."
      ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 4 }

  --
  -- Payload Header Suppression(PHS) Table
  --
  docsQosPHSTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPHSEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table describes set of payload header
                       suppression entries."
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 10 }

  docsQosPHSEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosPHSEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "A payload header suppression entry.
                       The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127).

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 65]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                       The index docsQosServiceFlowId selects one
                       service flow from the cable MAC layer interface.
                       The docsQosPktClassId index matches an
                       index of the docsQosPktClassTable.
                      "
      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosServiceFlowId,
              docsQosPktClassId
            }
      ::= { docsQosPHSTable 1 }

  DocsQosPHSEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosPHSField            OCTET STRING,
      docsQosPHSMask             OCTET STRING,
      docsQosPHSSize             Integer32,
      docsQosPHSVerify           TruthValue,
      docsQosPHSIndex            Integer32
      }

  -- The object docsQosPHSIndex used as an index {docsQosPHSEntry 1}
  --    was changed to be a non-index column in revision -03.

  docsQosPHSField         OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..255))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression field defines the
                      bytes of the header which must be
                      suppressed/restored by the sending/receiving
                      device.

                      The number of octets in this object should be
                      the same as the value of docsQosPHSSize."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.1"
      ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 2 }

  docsQosPHSMask          OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          OCTET STRING(SIZE(0..32))
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression mask defines the
                      bit mask which used in combination with the
                      docsQosPHSField defines which bytes in header
                      must be suppressed/restored by the sending or
                      receiving device.

                      Each bit of this bit mask corresponds to a byte
                      in the docsQosPHSField, with the least
                      significant  bit corresponding to first byte of
                      the docsQosPHSField.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 66]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

                      Each bit of the bit mask specifies whether of
                      not the corresponding byte should be suppressed
                      in the packet. A bit value of '1' indicates that
                      the byte should be suppressed by the sending
                      device and restored by the receiving device.
                      A bit value of '0' indicates that
                      the byte should not be suppressed by the sending
                      device or restored by the receiving device.

                      If the bit mask does not contain a bit for each
                      byte in the docsQosPHSField then the bit mask is
                      extended with bit values of '1' to be the
                      necessary length."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.3"
      ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 3 }

  docsQosPHSSize          OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression size specifies the
                      number of bytes in the header to be suppressed
                      and restored.

                      The value of this object must match the number
                      of bytes in the docsQosPHSField."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.4"
      ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 4 }

  docsQosPHSVerify       OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          TruthValue
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression verification value of
                      'true' the sender must verify docsQosPHSField
                      is the same as what is contained in the packet
                      to be suppressed."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.5"
      ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 5 }

  -- Removed dosQosPHSClassifierIndex {docsQosPHSEntry 6}
  --   in revision -03.

  docsQosPHSIndex         OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..255)
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression index uniquely
                      references the PHS rule for a given service flow."
      REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.2"
      ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 7 }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 67]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  --
  -- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable (CMTS Only)
  --
  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "This table provide for referencing the service flows
                       associated with a particular cable modem. This allows
                       for indexing into other docsQos tables that are
                       indexed by docsQosServiceFlowId and ifIndex."
      ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 11 }

  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "An entry is created by CMTS for each service flow
                       connected to this CMTS."
      INDEX {
              docsQosCmtsCmMac,
              docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
            }
      ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable 1 }

  DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      docsQosCmtsCmMac                MacAddress,
      docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId        Unsigned32,
      docsQosCmtsIfIndex              InterfaceIndex
      }

  docsQosCmtsCmMac OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          MacAddress
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the referenced CM."
      ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 1 }

  docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
      MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS."
      ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 2 }

  docsQosCmtsIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current
      DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127)
                       on the CMTS that is connected to the Cable Modem."

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 68]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 3 }

  --
  -- Placeholder for notifications/traps.
  --
  docsQosNotification OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 2 }

  --
  -- Conformance definitions
  --
  docsQosConformance  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 3 }
  docsQosGroups       OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 1 }
  docsQosCompliances  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 2 }

  docsQosCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "The compliance statement for MCNS Cable Modems and
           Cable Modem Termination Systems that implement DOCSIS
           Service Flows."

      MODULE  -- docsQosMIB
          MANDATORY-GROUPS { docsQosBaseGroup }

          GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup
          DESCRIPTION
              "This group is mandatory for only Cable Modem Termination
               Systems (CMTS) and not implemented for Cable Modems."

          GROUP docsQosParamSetGroup
          DESCRIPTION
              "This group is mandatory for Cable Modem Termination
               Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. Cable modems only implement
               objects in this group as read-only."

          GROUP docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup
          DESCRIPTION
              "This group is optional for Cable Modem Termination
               Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. This group only needs to
               be implement if policy based service flow classification
               is implemented. See docsDevPolicyTable in
               DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB for more details. "

          GROUP docsQosServiceClassGroup
          DESCRIPTION
              "The docsQosServiceClassTable group of objects. "

          OBJECT  docsQosPktClassPkts

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 69]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

          DESCRIPTION
              "This object only needs to be implemented in entries
               that are classifying packets and not policing packets."

      ::= { docsQosCompliances 1 }

  docsQosBaseGroup OBJECT-GROUP
      OBJECTS {
      docsQosPktClassDirection,
      docsQosPktClassPriority,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosLow,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh,
      docsQosPktClassIpTosMask,
      docsQosPktClassIpProtocol,
      docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr,
      docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask,
      docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr,
      docsQosPktClassIpDestMask,
      docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart,
      docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd,
      docsQosPktClassDestPortStart,
      docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd,
      docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr,
      docsQosPktClassDestMacMask,
      docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr,
      docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType,
      docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol,
      docsQosPktClassUserPriLow,
      docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh,
      docsQosPktClassVlanId,
      docsQosPktClassState,
      docsQosPktClassPkts,
      docsQosPktClassBitMap,

      docsQosServiceFlowSID,
      docsQosServiceFlowDirection,
      docsQosServiceFlowPrimary,

      docsQosServiceFlowPkts,   -- not sure if CM should implement
      docsQosServiceFlowOctets,
      docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated,
      docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive,
      docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns,
      docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts,
      docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts,

      docsQosDSAReqs,
      docsQosDSARsps,
      docsQosDSAAcks,
      docsQosDSCReqs,
      docsQosDSCRsps,

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 70]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      docsQosDSCAcks,
      docsQosDSDReqs,
      docsQosDSDRsps,
      docsQosDynamicAdds,
      docsQosDynamicAddFails,
      docsQosDynamicChanges,
      docsQosDynamicChangeFails,
      docsQosDynamicDeletes,
      docsQosDynamicDeleteFails,
      docsQosDCCReqs,
      docsQosDCCRsps,
      docsQosDCCAcks,
      docsQosDCCs,
      docsQosDCCFails,

      docsQosPHSField,
      docsQosPHSMask,
      docsQosPHSSize,
      docsQosPHSVerify,
      docsQosPHSIndex
      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and
           Cable Modem Termination Systems."
      ::= { docsQosGroups 1 }

  docsQosParamSetGroup OBJECT-GROUP
      OBJECTS {
      docsQosParamSetServiceClassName,
      docsQosParamSetPriority,
      docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate,
      docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst,
      docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate,
      docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt,
      docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout,
      docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout,
      docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst,
      docsQosParamSetSchedulingType,
      docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval,
      docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter,
      docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize,
      docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval,
      docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter,
      docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval,
      docsQosParamSetTosAndMask,
      docsQosParamSetTosOrMask,
      docsQosParamSetMaxLatency,
      docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct,
      docsQosParamSetBitMap
      }

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 71]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "Group of objects implemenent in both Cable Modems and
           Cable Modem Termination Systems for QOS parameter sets."
      ::= { docsQosGroups 2 }

  docsQosCmtsGroup OBJECT-GROUP
      OBJECTS {

      docsQosUpstreamFragments,
      docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards,
      docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts,

      docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts,
      docsQosServiceFlowLogControl,

      docsQosCmtsIfIndex        -- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable required

      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "Mandatory group of objects implemented only in the CMTS."
      ::= { docsQosGroups 3 }

  docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup OBJECT-GROUP
      OBJECTS {
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyName,
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority,
      docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus
      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and
           Cable Modem Termination Systems when supporting policy based
           service flows."
      ::= { docsQosGroups 4 }

  docsQosServiceClassGroup OBJECT-GROUP

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 72]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

      OBJECTS {
      docsQosServiceClassStatus,
      docsQosServiceClassPriority,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst,
      docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate,
      docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst,
      docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval,
      docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter,
      docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize,
      docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval,
      docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter,
      docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval,
      docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency,
      docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout,
      docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout,
      docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType,
      docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy,
      docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask,
      docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask,
      docsQosServiceClassDirection
      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION
          "The docsQosServiceClassTable objects. If a CMTS implements
           expansion of Service Class Names in a QOS Parameter Set,
           this group is mandatory on the CMTS. If the CMTS does not
           support Service Class Names, this group may be unimplemented
           in the CMTS. This group is not implemented on the CM.
          "
      ::= { docsQosGroups 5 }

  END

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 73]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  5.  References

     [1]  Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An Architecture for
          Describing SNMP Management Frameworks", RFC 2271, Cabletron
          Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research,
          January 1998

     [2]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Structure and Identification of
          Management Information for TCP/IP-based Internets", RFC 1155,
          Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, May 1990

     [3]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Concise MIB Definitions", RFC 1212,
          Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, March 1991

     [4]  M. Rose, "A Convention for Defining Traps for use with the SNMP",
          RFC 1215, Performance Systems International, March 1991

     [5]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Structure
          of Management Information for Version 2 of the Simple Network
          Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1902, SNMP Research,Inc., Cisco
          Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network
          Services, January 1996.

     [6]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Textual
          Conventions for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management
Protocol
          (SNMPv2)", RFC 1903, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
          Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
          January 1996.

     [7]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Conformance
          Statements for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
          (SNMPv2)", RFC 1904, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
          Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
          January 1996.

     [8]  Case, J., Fedor, M., Schoffstall, M., and J. Davin, "Simple
Network
          Management Protocol", RFC 1157, SNMP Research, Performance Systems
          International, Performance Systems International, MIT Laboratory
          for Computer Science, May 1990.

     [9]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
          "Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2", RFC 1901, SNMP Research,
          Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc.,
          International Network Services, January 1996.

     [10] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Transport
          Mappings for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
          (SNMPv2)", RFC 1906, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
          Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
          January 1996.

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 74]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

     [11] Case, J., Harrington D., Presuhn R., and B. Wijnen, "Message
          Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
          Protocol (SNMP)", RFC 2272, SNMP Research, Inc., Cabletron
Systems,
          Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998.

     [12] Blumenthal, U., and B. Wijnen, "User-based Security Model (USM)
for
          version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)", RFC
          2274, IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998.

     [13] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Protocol
          Operations for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
          (SNMPv2)", RFC 1905, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
          Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
          January 1996.

     [14] Levi, D., Meyer, P., and B. Stewart, "SNMPv3 Applications", RFC
          2273, SNMP Research, Inc., Secure Computing Corporation, Cisco
          Systems, January 1998

     [15] Wijnen, B., Presuhn, R., and K. McCloghrie, "View-based Access
          Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management Protocol
          (SNMP)", RFC 2275, IBM T. J. Watson Research, BMC Software, Inc.,
          Cisco Systems, Inc., January 1998

     [16] " Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Cable Modem
          Radio Frequency Interface Specification SP-RFIv1_1-I05-000714",
DOCSIS,
          March 1999, http://www.cablemodem.com.

     [17] L. Steinberg, "Techniques for Managing Asynchronously Generated
          Alerts", RFC 1224, May 1991.

     [18] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Operations
          Support System Interface Specification RF Interface SP-OSSI-RF-
          I02-980410", DOCSIS, April 1998,
          http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ossi/sp-ossi.PDF.

     [19] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement
          Levels", RFC2119, Harvard University, March 1997

     [20] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Baseline
Privacy
          Interface Specification SP-BPI-I01-970922", DOCSIS, September
1977,
          http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ss/SP-BPI-I01-
          970922.pdf

     [21] "Cable Device Management Information Base for DOCSIS compliant
Cable
          Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems", RFC2669

     [22] "Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management Information Base
          for MCNS/DOCSIS compliant RF interfaces", RFC 2670

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 75]

  INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001

  6.  Author's Address

     Michael Patrick
     Motorola Broadband Communications Sector
     20 Cabot Blvd., MS M4-30
     Mansfield, MA 02048
     Phone: (508) 261-5707
     Email: [email-masked]

  Expires September 2001                             [Page 76]

---

From: "Margo Dolas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:44:01 -0500

Regards,
Margo Dolas
  -----Original Message-----

  Michael.

  Regards.
  Lucy Pollak.

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Michael W. Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
  [email-masked]
  Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

  -mike

                               March 1, 2001

  Status of this Memo

  Abstract

  Table of Contents

  Revision History

     Rev  Date               Description
     ---  --------           -----------

  1.  Introduction

  1.1  Management Framework

  1.2  Glossary

     CATV           Cable TV

  2.  Overview

  2.1  Textual Conventions

  2.2  MIB Organization

     docsQosMIB
       docsQosMIBObjects
         docsQosPktClassTable
           docsQosPktClassEntry
             docsQosPktClassId
             docsQosPktClassDirection
             docsQosPktClassPriority
             docsQosPktClassIpTosLow
             docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh
             docsQosPktClassIpTosMask

             docsQosParamSetType

             docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
             docsQosCmtsIfIndex

                           +---------------------+
                           | Provisioned         |
                           |                     |
                           |  +---------------+  |
                           |  |  Admitted     |  |
                           |  |               |  |
                           |  |  +---------+  |  |
                           |  |  |  Active |  |  |
                           |  |  |         |  |  |
                           |  |  +---------+  |  |
                           |  |               |  |
                           |  +---------------+  |
                           |                     |
                           +---------------------+

  2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable

                |
                |  Outbound Pkt
                V

  4.  Definitions

  IMPORTS
      MODULE-IDENTITY,
      OBJECT-TYPE,
      Integer32,
      Counter32,
      IpAddress,
      Unsigned32
        FROM SNMPv2-SMI

      TEXTUAL-CONVENTION,
      MacAddress,
      RowStatus,
      TruthValue,
      DisplayString,
      TimeStamp
        FROM SNMPv2-TC

      OBJECT-GROUP,
      MODULE-COMPLIANCE
        FROM SNMPv2-CONF

      ifIndex,
      InterfaceIndex
        FROM IF-MIB

      docsIfMib
        FROM DOCS-IF-MIB;

      DESCRIPTION

  -- Textual Conventions

      SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                        undefined (1),
                        bestEffort (2),

              docsQosServiceFlowId,
              docsQosPktClassId
            }

                      255.255.255.255."

                      }
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

                      "

  --    with revision -03

                      broadcastReqOpp(0):

                      reqDataForReq(3):

                      reqDataForData(4):

                      concatenateData(5):
                           concatenate data

                      fragmentData(6):
                           fragment data

                      dropPktsExceedUGSize(8):

      STATUS          current

                     "

      INDEX {
              ifIndex,
              docsQosServiceFlowId
            }

      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

      STATUS          current

  docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE

      STATUS          current

  docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE
      SYNTAX          Counter32
      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

      MAX-ACCESS      read-only
      STATUS          current

                       active(1),
                       destroy(6)
                      }

      MAX-ACCESS      read-write
      STATUS          current

      SYNTAX          Unsigned32
      UNITS           "microseconds"
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current

      SYNTAX          IfDirection
      MAX-ACCESS      read-create
      STATUS          current

      STATUS          current

      MODULE  -- docsQosMIB

          GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup
          DESCRIPTION

          DESCRIPTION

      docsQosServiceFlowSID,

      docsQosDSAReqs,
      docsQosDSARsps,
      docsQosDSAAcks,
      docsQosDSCReqs,
      docsQosDSCRsps,

      docsQosDSCAcks,
      docsQosDSDReqs,
      docsQosDSDRsps,
      docsQosDynamicAdds,
      docsQosDynamicAddFails,
      docsQosDynamicChanges,

      docsQosPHSField,
      docsQosPHSMask,
      docsQosPHSSize,
      docsQosPHSVerify,
      docsQosPHSIndex
      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION

      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION

      }
      STATUS  current
      DESCRIPTION

      OBJECTS {

  END

  5.  References

  6.  Author's Address

     Michael Patrick