Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN news and updates

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 18:30:08 -0500

Folks,

There are a number of current activities pertaining to the IPCDN working group:

1. There are folks working on new working group internet-drafts for the 
following DOCSIS projects:
- the DOCSIS RF MIB (i.e. adding support for DOCSIS 2.0),
- the QoS MIB (i.e. adding IPv6 syntax support),
- the event notification MIB (changes TBD),
- the BPI+ MIB (changes TBD), and
- the subscriber management MIB (changes TBD).
No promises that all of these drafts will be ready by the 11/21 IETF 
deadline, but it seems very likely. Additional draft updates are also possible.

2. I would like to announce the beginning of the working group last call 
for "Application of the IGMP MIB", 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-02.txt>. The 
last call will end on November 21st.

3. The working group is going to meet at the 52nd IETF meeting in Salt Lake 
City, <http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-52.html>. Tentatively, our meeting 
is scheduled for Monday afternoon, December 10th.

Beware of booking based on this early information. Note that the IPCDN 
scheduled slot for the last IETF (London) was changed after the 
announcement to the list, so a number of folks missed the working group 
session.

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:50:04 -0500

Folks,

(I am copying the docsis-oss list as a courtesy, to invite the folks in the 
DOCSIS world to contribute and comment.)

Thanks to the authors and with support from CableLabs, there are three 
internet-drafts that I believe are ready for working group last call:

Application of the IGMP MIB to DOCSIS, 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-02.txt>
Subscriber Management MIB, 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-04.txt>
DOCSIS QoS MIB, 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-06.txt>

Note: There are some minor editorial issues with the QoS MIB which I will 
post in a separate email message, but otherwise it is ready for review.

The last call for the IGMP/DOCSIS MIB is scheduled to end on November 21. 
Please send comments (positive or negative) to the [email-masked] mailing 
list reflector.

I propose that the last calls for the Subscriber Management and DOCSIS QoS 
MIBs start immediately, and end on December 10 -- the current date of the 
IPCDN face-to-face meeting at the IETF. This allows ample WG review time 
for two fairly hefty drafts, and works around a fairly significant holiday 
in the United States (Thanksgiving). It also allows us to conclude the 
review at a convenient venue for the working group. Please send email 
comments (positive or negative) to the [email-masked] mailing list reflector.

-- Rich

P.S. We may have more internet-drafts ready for WG last-call by the 
internet-draft submission deadline. Stay tuned.

At 06:30 PM 11/7/2001 -0500, Rich Woundy wrote:
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-02.txt>. 
>The last call will end on November 21st.
>
>3. The working group is going to meet at the 52nd IETF meeting in Salt 
>Lake City, <http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-52.html>. Tentatively, our 
>meeting is scheduled for Monday afternoon, December 10th.
>

---

From: Rich Woundy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:50:04 -0500

Folks,

-- Rich