Subject: RE: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

From: Murwin William-LWM008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:46:37 -0500

Thank you for raising this topic. We agree there is some ambiguity to unclassified data packets. With draft 07 or the RFC an update will be made
to the description of docsQosServiceFlowPkts to include the following sentence.
 
    "Unclassified upstream user data packets (i.e non MAC-management) forwarded to the default upstream service flow should be
     incremented for this object." 
 
On the behalf of Mike Patrick and Myself,
Thank you again.   

-----Original Message-----
From: Margo Dolas [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 11:44 AM
To: Pollak, Lucy; 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked]; William Murwin
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Michael Patrick
Subject: FW: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

Was there any resolution on the below email in draft 6?  Is the resolution that docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets, but docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. Is it correct that unclassified data packets sent through the primary service flow will not be counted by both counters?  Is this stated anywhere in draft 6?
 
Regards,
Margo Dolas

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Pollak, Lucy
Sent: Tuesday, 06 March, 2001 12:09 PM
To: 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

Michael. 
The docsQosServiceFlowPkts is defined: 

	docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
... 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to this 
                    service flow. This object does not count MAC-specific 
                    management messages. 
                    CMs not classifying downstream packets may report 
                    this object's value as 0. " 

The classification process is also applied to the part of MAC-specific management messages. Is the means of this clarification that docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets, but docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. What about unclassified data packets sent through Primary SF. All of them will not be counted by both counters. Is this correct?

As the result of discussion about docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns you need to review also its description. This counter also requires DS classification. There are two proposals (one of them is yours):

1. To write for it the same as for docsQosServiceFlowPkts: 

	"CMs not classifying downstream packets may report this object's value as 0. " 

2. The counter may be useful. It is proposed to count all unknown phs for primary DS SF: 

	"CMs not classifying downstream packets may count all these packets together and report it for Primary downstream service flow."

Regards. 
Lucy Pollak. 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Michael W. Patrick [ mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ] 
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 
[email-masked] 
Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt> 

Drafts editor, please submit the following update to an existing 
draft. 

IPCDN'ers: here's the QOS mib update to rev 05 with the various 
editorial changes I've promised over the last few months. 
The only functional difference is to change 
the default value of the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and 
docsQosPktClassIpDestMask from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255. 

I'll be mailing the standalone MIB under separate cover. 

-mike 

IPCDN  Working Group                                   Michael Patrick 
<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>                      Motorola BCS 

               Data Over Cable System Quality of Service 
              Management Information Base (DOCSIS-QOS MIB) 

                             March 1, 2001 

Status of this Memo 

   This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance with 
   all the provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.  Internet-Drafts are 
   working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), its 
   Areas, and its Working Groups.  Note that other groups may also 
   distribute working documents as Internet-Drafts. 

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months 
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any 
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference 
   material or to cite them other than as a "work in progress". 

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at 
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt <http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt>  

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at 
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html <http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> . 

   Copyright (c) The Internet Society 1998.  All Rights Reserved. 

Abstract 

   This document defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP-based 
   management of extended QOS features of Cable Modems (CMs) and Cable 
   Modem Termination Systems (CMTSs) conforming to the Data over Cable 
   System (DOCSIS) standard version 1.1. 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 1] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

Table of Contents 

       Status of this Memo...............................   1 
       Abstract..........................................   1 
       Revision History..................................   2 

   1.  Introduction......................................   4 
       1.1  Management Framework.........................   4 
       1.2  Glossary.....................................   5 

   2.  Overview..........................................   7 
       2.1  Textual Conventions..........................   7 
       2.2  MIB  Organization............................   7 
            2.2.1   docsQosPktClassTable.................  11 
            2.2.2   docsQosParamSetTable.................  11 
            2.2.2.1 Interoperation with DOCSIS 1.0.......  13 
            2.2.3   docsQosServiceFlowTable..............  14 
            2.2.4   docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable.........  14 
            2.2.5   docsQosUpstreamStatsTable............  15 
            2.2.6   docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable......  15 
            2.2.7   docsQosServiceFlowLogTable...........  16 
            2.2.8   docsQosServiceClassTable.............  16 
            2.2.9   docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable.......  16 
            2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable......................  17 
            2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable.........  17 

   3.  Externally Administered Classification............  17 

   4.  Definitions.......................................  21 

   5.  References........................................  74 

   6.  Author's Address..................................  76 

Revision History 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 2] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   Rev  Date               Description 
   ---  --------           ----------- 
   -05  03/01/01           Functional Changes: 
                           - Changed default values of 
                             dosQosPktClassIpSourceMask and 
                             docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255. 
                           Editorial Changes: 
                           - Corrected ifDirection values in 2.1. 
                           - In section 2.2.2.1, clarified which 
                             packets/bytes are counted in docsIfCmtsService- 
                             InPkts and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets. 
                           - Clarified description of dosQosServiceFlowPkts 
                             to avoid requiring CMs to classify downstream 
                             packets. 
                           - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns only 
                             applies to received packets. 
                           - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and 
                             docsQosParamSetBitMap indicate all parameters for 
                             both adds and changes. 

   -04  10/18/00           - Updated descriptions of UGS applicable QOS 
                             param set objects. 
                           - Added two new docsQosPktClassBitMap bits 
                             and *renumbered* the bits. 
                           - Added docsQosServiceClassDirection 

   -04  10/10/00           - Updated Overview to not mention restriction 
                             to SnmpV1. 
                           - Updated most docsQosParamSet objects to 
                             clarify default and "not applicable" values. 
                           - Add docsQosPktClassBitMap, docsQosParamSetBitMap 
                           - Restore docsQosParamSetServiceClassName 
                           - Add 5 objects to docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 

   -04  10/01/00           - Move six objects from docsQosServiceFlowTable 
                             back to docsQosParamSetTable. 
                           - Add DCC statistics 
                           - Removed notApplicable(256) from 
                             docsQosParamSetSchedulingType 

   -03  08/11/00           Reorganize docsQosParamSetTable. 

   -02  12/08/99           Add docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable, 
                           docsQosUpstreamStatsTable, 
                           docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable, 
                           docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 
   -01  06/25/99           Complete rewrite based on -I01 draft 
   -00  08/07/98           Initial draft posted for discussion. 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 3] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

1.  Introduction 

   This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the 
   SNMP SMIv2[5][6][7].  The set of objects is consistent with the SNMP 
   framework and existing SNMP standards. 

   This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the Internet 
   Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be 
   addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked] 
   and/or the author. 

1.1  Management Framework 

   The SNMP Management Framework presently consists of five major 
   components: 

   o   An overall architecture, described in RFC 2271 [1]. 

   o   Mechanisms for describing and naming objects and events for the 
       purpose of management. The first version of this Structure of 
       Management Information (SMI) is called SMIv1 and described in 
       RFC 1155 [2], RFC 1212 [3] and RFC 1215 [4]. The second version, 
       called SMIv2, is described in RFC 1902 [5], RFC 1903 [6] and RFC 
       1904 [7]. 

   o   Message protocols for transferring management information. The 
       first version of the SNMP message protocol is called SNMPv1 and 
       described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second version of the SNMP message 
       protocol, which is not an Internet standards track protocol, is 
       called SNMPv2c and described in RFC 1901 [9] and RFC 1906 [10]. 
       The third version of the message protocol is called SNMPv3 and 
       described in RFC 1906 [10], RFC 2272 [11] and RFC 2274 [12]. 

   o   Protocol operations for accessing management information. The 
       first set of protocol operations and associated PDU formats is 
       described in RFC 1157 [8]. A second set of protocol operations 
       and associated PDU formats is described in RFC 1905 [13]. 

   o   A set of fundamental applications described in RFC 2273 [14] and 
       the view-based access control mechanism described in RFC 2275 
       [15]. 

   Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store, termed 
   the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the MIB are 
   defined using the mechanisms defined in the SMI. 

   This memo specifies a MIB module that is compliant to the SMIv2. A 
   MIB conforming to the SMIv1 can be produced through the appropriate 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 4] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   translations. The resulting translated MIB must be semantically 
   equivalent, except where objects or events are omitted because no 
   translation is possible (use of Counter64). Some machine readable 
   information in SMIv2 will be converted into textual descriptions in 
   SMIv1 during the translation process. However, this loss of machine 
   readable information is not considered to change the semantics of the 
   MIB. 

1.2  Glossary 

   Active QPS     Active Qos Parameter Set.  The set of QOS parameters 
                  that describe the current level service provided to a 
                  Service Flow. 

   Active SF      Active Service Flow. An SF with a non-empty Active 
                  QPS. 

   Admitted QPS   Admitted Qos Parameter Set. The set of QOS parameters 
                  that describe a level of service which the Service 
                  Flow is not currently using, but which it is 
                  guaranteed to receive upon the SF's request to make 
                  the set Active. 

   Admitted SF    A Service Flow with a non-empty Admitted QPS. 

   CATV           Cable TV 

   CM             Cable Modem, a modem connecting a subscriber's LAN the 
                  CATF RF network. DOCSIS CMs operate as a MAC layer 
                  bridge between the home LAN and the RF network. 

   CMTS           Cable Modem Termination System, the "head-end" device 
                  providing connectivity between the RF network and the 
                  Internet. 

   Downstream     The direction from the head end towards the 
                  subscriber. 

   DSA            Dynamic Service Addition, a DOCSIS MAC management 
                  message requesting the dynamic creation of a new 
                  Service Flow.  New SFs are created with a three- 
                  message exchange of a DSA-REQ, DSA-RSP, and DSA-ACK. 

   DSC            Dynamic Service Change, a DOCSIS MAC management 
                  message requesting a change to the attributes of a 
                  Service Flow.  SFs are changed with a three-message 
                  exchange of a DSC-REQ, DSC-RSP, and DSC-ACK. 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 5] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   DSD            Dynamic Service Delete, a DOCSIS MAC management 
                  message requesting the deletion of a Service Flow. SFs 
                  are deleted with a two-message exchange of a DSD-REQ 
                  and DSD-ACK. 

   Head-end       The origination point in most cable systems of the 
                  subsriber video signals. It is generally also the 
                  location of the CMTS. 

   PHS            Payload Header Suppression, a feature of DOCSIS 1.1 in 
                  which header bytes that are common in a sequence of 
                  packets of a Service Flow are replaced by a one-byte 
                  PHSI Index (PHSI) when transmitting the packet on the 
                  RF network. 

   Provisioned QPS A QOS Parameter Set describing an envelope of service 
                  within which a Service Flow is authorized to request 
                  admission.  All existing service flows must have a 
                  non-empty Provisioned QPS, hence all SFs are 
                  considered to be "Provisioned". 

   SCN            Service Class Name -- a named set of QOS parameters. 
                  A Service Flow may or may not be associated with a 
                  single named Service Class.  A Service Class has as an 
                  attribute a Qos Parameter Set that is used as the 
                  default set of values for all Service Flows belonging 
                  to the Service Class. 

   SID            Service ID. A 16-bit integer assigned by the CMTS for 
                  an Upstream Service Flow with a non-empty Active QOS 
                  Parameter Set. 

   SF             Service Flow. A unidirectional stream of packets 
                  between the CM and CMTS. SFs are characterized as 
                  upstream or downstream.  The SF is the fundamental 
                  unit of service provided on a DOCSIS CATV network. 

   SFID           Service Flow ID.  A 32-bit unsigned integer assigned 
                  by the CMTS to each Service Flows 

   Upstream       The direction from a subscriber CM to the head-end 
                  CMTS. 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 6] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

2.  Overview 

   This MIB provides a set of objects required for the management of 
   DOCSIS 1.1 compliant Cable Modems (CM) and Cable Modem Termination 
   Systems (CMTS).  The specification is derived from the DOCSIS 1.1 
   Radio Frequency Interface specification [16].   Please note that the 
   referenced DOCSIS standard only requires Cable Modems to process IPv4 
   customer traffic. Design choices in this MIB reflect those 
   requirements.  Future versions of the DOCSIS standard are expected to 
   require support for IPv6 as well. 

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
   document are to be interpreted as described in [19]. 

2.1  Textual Conventions 

   The textual convention "IfDirection" is defined to indicate the 
   direction of a packet classifer relative to an interface. It takes 
   the values of either downstream(1) or upstream(2). 

   The textual convention "BitRate" corresponds to the bits per second 
   as defined for QOS Parameter Sets in DOCSIS1.1. This definition 
   includes all bits of the Ethernet MAC frame as transmitted on the RF 
   network, starting with the Destination Address and ending with the 
   Ethernet FCS. It does NOT includes bits in the DOCSIS MAC header. 

2.2  MIB Organization 

   The structure of the MIB is summarized below: 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 7] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   docsQosMIB 
     docsQosMIBObjects 
       docsQosPktClassTable 
         docsQosPktClassEntry 
           docsQosPktClassId 
           docsQosPktClassDirection 
           docsQosPktClassPriority 
           docsQosPktClassIpTosLow 
           docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh 
           docsQosPktClassIpTosMask 
           docsQosPktClassIpProtocol 
           docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr 
           docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask 
           docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr 
           docsQosPktClassIpDestMask 
           docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart 
           docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd 
           docsQosPktClassDestPortStart 
           docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd 
           docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr 
           docsQosPktClassDestMacMask 
           docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr 
           docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType 
           docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol 
           docsQosPktClassUserPriLow 
           docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh 
           docsQosPktClassVlanId 
           docsQosPktClassState 
           docsQosPktClassPkts 
           docsQosPktClassBitMap 
       docsQosParamSetTable 
         docsQosParamSetEntry 
           docsQosParamSetServiceClassName 
           docsQosParamSetPriority 
           docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate 
           docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst 
           docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate 
           docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt 
           docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout 
           docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout 
           docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst 
           docsQosParamSetSchedulingType 
           docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval 
           docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter 
           docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize 
           docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval 
           docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter 
           docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval 
           docsQosParamSetTosAndMask 
           docsQosParamSetTosOrMask 
           docsQosParamSetMaxLatency 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 8] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

           docsQosParamSetType 
           docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct 
           docsQosParamSetBitMap 
       docsQosServiceFlowTable 
         docsQosServiceFlowEntry 
           docsQosServiceFlowId 
           docsQosServiceFlowSID 
           docsQosServiceFlowDirection 
           docsQosServiceFlowPrimary 
       docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable 
         docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 
           docsQosServiceFlowPkts 
           docsQosServiceFlowOctets 
           docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated 
           docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive 
           docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns 
           docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts 
           docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts 
       docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 
         docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 
           docsQosSID 
           docsQosUpstreamFragments 
           docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards 
           docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts 
       docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 
         docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 
           docsQosIfDirection 
           docsQosDSAReqs 
           docsQosDSARsps 
           docsQosDSAAcks 
           docsQosDSCReqs 
           docsQosDSCRsps 
           docsQosDSCAcks 
           docsQosDSDReqs 
           docsQosDSDRsps 
           docsQosDynamicAdds 
           docsQosDynamicAddFails 
           docsQosDynamicChanges 
           docsQosDynamicChangeFails 
           docsQosDynamicDeletes 
           docsQosDynamicDeleteFails 
           docsQosDCCReqs 
           docsQosDCCRsps 
           docsQosDCCAcks 
           docsQosDCCs 
           docsQosDCCFails 
       docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 
         docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID 

Expires September 2001                              [Page 9] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

           docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts 
           docsQosServiceFlowLogControl 
       docsQosServiceClassTable 
         docsQosServiceClassEntry 
           docsQosServiceClassName 
           docsQosServiceClassStatus 
           docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate 
           docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst 
           docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate 
           docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt 
           docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst 
           docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval 
           docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter 
           docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize 
           docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval 
           docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter 
           docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval 
           docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency 
           docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout 
           docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout 
           docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType 
           docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy 
           docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask 
           docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask 
           docsQosServiceClassDirection 
       docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 
         docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex 
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyName 
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority 
           docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus 
       docsQosPHSTable 
         docsQosPHSEntry 
           docsQosPHSField 
           docsQosPHSMask 
           docsQosPHSSize 
           docsQosPHSVerify 
           docsQosPHSIndex 
       docsQosCMtsMacToSrvFlowTable 
         docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 
           docsQosCmtsCmMac 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 10] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

           docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId 
           docsQosCmtsIfIndex 

   The MIB is organized as 11 tables. Most tables are implemented in 
   both the CM and CMTS; the docsQosUpstreamStatsTable and 
   docsQosServiceFlowLogTable are implemented on the CMTS only. 

2.2.1  docsQosPktClassTable 

   The docsQosPktClassTable reports the Service Flow Classifiers 
   implemented by the managed device. The table is indexed by the tuple 
   { ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId }.  The ifIndex 
   corresponds to an CATV MAC interface.  Each CATV MAC interfaces has a 
   set of Service Flows, identified with a docsQosServiceFlowId value 
   that is unique for that interface. Each service flow may have a 
   number of packet classifiers that map packets to the flow. The 
   ClassiferId for the classifier is unique only within a particular 
   service flow. 

   The semantics of packet classification are provided in [16]. Briefly, 
   the DOCSIS MAC interface calls for matching packets based on values 
   within the 802.2 (LLC), 802.3, IP, and/or  UDP/TCP headers.  Packets 
   which map more than one classifier are prioritized according to their 
   docsQosPktClassPriority value. The docsQosServiceFlowId (an index 
   object) indicates to which service flow the packet is classified. 

   The docsQosPktClassTable is distinct from the docsDevIpFilterTable of 
   [21] in that docsQosPktClassTable is intended only to reflect the 
   state of the dynamically added Service Flow Classifiers. SF 
   Classifiers may be created only via a CM configuration file or from 
   the Dynamic Service Addition (DSA) messages.  For this reason, 
   docsQosPktClassTable is read-only. 

   The docsDevIpFilterTable is intended for external administration of 
   packet classifiers.  See the section "Externally Administered 
   Classification", below. 

2.2.2  docsQosParamSetTable 

   The docsQosParamSetTable reports the values of Qos Parameter Set as 
   defined in Section C.2.2 of [16]. 

   In general, a Service Flow is associated with three different Qos 
   Parameter Sets (QPSs): an "active" QPS, an "admitted" QPS, and a 
   "provisioned" or "authorized" QPS.  The relationship of these three 
   sets is represented below: 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 11] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                         +---------------------+ 
                         | Provisioned         | 
                         |                     | 
                         |  +---------------+  | 
                         |  |  Admitted     |  | 
                         |  |               |  | 
                         |  |  +---------+  |  | 
                         |  |  |  Active |  |  | 
                         |  |  |         |  |  | 
                         |  |  +---------+  |  | 
                         |  |               |  | 
                         |  +---------------+  | 
                         |                     | 
                         +---------------------+ 

                       Figure 1: Qos Parameter Sets 

   The Provisioned QPS describes the maximum service envelope for which 
   the SF is authorized. The Admitted QPS is the set of services for 
   which a service flow has requested admission to the DOCSIS RF 
   network, but which is not yet active. The Admitted QPS is used during 
   the two-phase process of IP Telephony service flow admission to admit 
   the bandwidth for a bidirectional voice call when the far end is 
   ringing.  Since ringing may occur for up to four minutes, this 
   permits the bandwidth to be reserved but not actually consumed during 
   this interval.  The Active QPS is the set of services actually being 
   used by the Service Flow. The DOCSIS v1.1 specification [16] defines 
   what it means for a QPS envelope to be "within" another.  In general, 
   an inner QPS is considered to be "within" an outer QPS when all QOS 
   parameters represent demands of equal or fewer resources of the 
   network. 

   In addition to their use as attributes of a Service Flow, a QPS is 
   also an attribute of a Service Class.  A DOCSIS CM configuration file 
   or DSA message may request the creation of a new SF and give only the 
   Service Class Name. The CMTS "expands the macro" of a Service Class 
   Name creation by populating the Provisioned, Admitted, and/or Active 
   QPSs of the Service Flow with the QPS of the Service Class Name. All 
   of the QPSs of a Service Flow must be expansions of the same Service 
   Class, and in this case the SF is said to "belong" to the Service 
   Class.  Changing the contents of a Service Class' QPS does not affect 
   the QPS of any Service Flow earlier expanded from that Service Class 
   name. Only the CMTS implements docsQosServiceClassTable. 

   See [16] section 8 for a full description and the theory of operation 
   of Docsis 1.1 QOS operation. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 12] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   The docsQosParamSetTable sets are indexed by { ifIndex, 
   docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType}. ifIndex indicates a 
   particular "DOCSIS MAC Domain". docsQosServiceFlowId uniquely 
   identifies a service flow on that MAC domain.  The 
   docsQosParamSetType indicates whether the row describes an active, 
   admitted, or provisioned Qos Parameter Set. 

   The docsQosParamSetTable is read-only, because it indicates the Qos 
   Parameter Set contents as defined by DOCSIS signalling. The 
   docsQosServiceClassTable is read-create to permit managers to define 
   a template of Qos Parameters that can be referenced by DOCSIS modems 
   when creating their Qos Parameter Sets. 

2.2.2.1  Interoperation_with_DOCSIS_1.0 

   The DOCSIS 1.0 DOCS-IF-MIB [22] specifies a docsIfQosProfileTable to 
   describe the set of Class Of Service (COS) parameters associated with 
   a COS "profile". The docsIfCmServiceTable, which contains one entry 
   per SID, references this table with a  docsIfCmServiceQosProfile 
   number. 

   The DOCSIS 1.1 CM registration process allows a modem to register as 
   operating either with DOCSIS 1.0 or DOCSIS 1.1 functionality.  For 
   ease of expression, we call a modem registering with DOCSIS 1.0 
   functionality a "DOCSIS 1.0 modem", regardless of the modem's 
   capabilities. 

   A CMTS or CM supporting both DOCSIS 1.0 and DOCSIS 1.1 implements 
   both the tables of [22] and the tables of this MIB.  The 
   interoperation goal is that before modem registration, the DOCSIS 1.0 
   MIB [22] applies.  After registration, either the DOCSIS 1.0 or 
   DOCSIS 1.1 MIB applies, depending on the mode with which the modem 
   registered.  The specific interoperation rules are: 

     1.  When a CM initially ranges, both the CM and CMTS implement a 
         row in DOCS-IF-MIB docsIfQosProfileTable and 
         docsIfCmServiceTable corresponding to the default upstream 
         Service ID  (SID) used for  pre-registration upstream traffic. 
         The docsIfQosProfileTable row may be either exclusively 
         referenced by the docsIfCmServiceTable row for the CM or, as is 
         likely, multiply-referenced by several docsIfCmServiceTable 
         rows. 

     2.  Both a CMTS and CM implementing this MIB MUST NOT implement 
         docsQosParamSetTable or docsQosServiceFlowTable rows until 
         after the CM registers with DOCSIS 1.1 modem operation. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 13] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

     3.  When a modem registers with the CMTS as a "DOCSIS 1.1" modem, 
         any exclusively-referenced  row in DOCS-IF-MIB 
         docsQosProfileTable representing the modems upstream Qos 
         profile for pre-registration traffic MUST be removed. 
         Multiply-referenced rows may remain, of course.  The 
         docsQosIfCmServiceQosProfile object in the CM's row of 
         docsIfCmServiceTable MUST be set to zero.  The 
         docsIfCmServiceTable row for the DOCSIS 1.1 modem continues to 
         exist, and the various statistic objects in that row are 
         incremented. 

     4.  When a DOCSIS 1.1 modem registers, both the CMTS and CM 
         represent all service flows described in the modem 
         configuration file in docsQosParamSetTable and 
         docsQosServiceFlowTable. 

     5.  At the CMTS, the Docsis 1.0 MIB objects 
         docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets for a 
         SID assigned to a Docsis 1.1 modem count only the pre- 
         registration packets/bytes of those modems. 

2.2.3  docsQosServiceFlowTable 

   The docsQosServiceFlowTable provides read-only information about all 
   of the service flows known by the device. It is indexed by the 
   combination of { ifIndex, dosQosServiceFlowId }, where ifIndex 
   corresponds to a CATV MAC interface and docsQosServiceFlowId is the 
   32- bit integer assigned by the CMTS controlling the MAC domain.  A 
   CM typically has only a single CATV MAC interface, while a CMTS may 
   have several. See  [22] for a description of the ifIndex numbering 
   for DOCSIS devices. 

   The table indicates whether a given SF is in the upstream or 
   downstream direction, and whether it is the "primary" SF in that 
   direction.  The primary SF carries traffic that is not otherwise 
   classified to any other SF in that direction. 

2.2.4  docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable 

   The docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable provides statistics for all 
   currently existing SFs known by the managed device.  It provides 
   basic packet and octet counters, as well as certain other SF-specific 
   stats such as the time at which the flow was created and how many 
   seconds it has been active. 

   The table also provides objects which can be used to fine-tune 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 14] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   admission control decisions, namely the number of packets dropped or 
   delayed due to QOS policing decisions enforced by the managed device. 

2.2.5  docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 

   This table provides statistics that are measured only at the CMTS in 
   the upstream direction. These include a count of the number of 
   fragmentation headers received, fragments discarded, and the number 
   of concatenation headers received. 

2.2.6  docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 

   This table provides read-only stats on the operation of the Dynamic 
   Service state machines as specified in section 9.4 of [16]. It 
   provides a set of 14 counters *in each direction* for a Docsis MAC 
   layer interface. That is, each Docsis MAC layer interface has one row 
   for downstream stats, and a second row for upstream stats. 

   Eight of the counters are DSx packet type counts, one counter for 
   each of the eight DSx packet types. For example, the docsQosDSAReqs 
   object in the upstream row at the CMTS counts the number of DSA-REQ 
   messages received by the CMTS from that interface.  The 
   docsQosDSAReqs object in the downstream row at the CMTS counts the 
   number of DSA-REQ messages transmitted by the CMTS on that interface. 

   The remaining six counters per (interface, direction) combination 
   count the number of successful and unsuccessful *transactions* that 
   were initiated on the interface and direction. For example, the 
   upstream docsQosDynamicAdds on a CMTS is the number of successfully 
   completed CM-initiated dynamic additions, because at the CMTS a CM- 
   initiated DSA starts in the upstream direction.  The downstream 
   docsQosDynamicAdds at a CMTS is the number of successful CMTS- 
   initiated DSA transactions. 

   Dynamic service transactions can fail for a number of reasons, as 
   listed in the state machines of section 9.4. Rather than include 
   still more counters for each different failure reason, they are 
   grouped into a single count, e.g docsQosDynamicAddFails.  Again, this 
   object exists in both directions, so that locally originated vs 
   remotely originated transaction failures are counted separately. 
   Further troubleshooting of transaction failures will require vendor- 
   specific queries and operation. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 15] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

2.2.7  docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 

   This table contains a log of the Service Flows no longer existing in 
   the docsQosServiceFlowTable. It is intended to be periodically polled 
   by traffic monitoring and billing agents. It is implemented only at 
   the CMTS. 

   It contains a chronlogical log of SF session statistics, including a 
   total count of packets and octets transferred on the SF.  It includes 
   time stamps of the SF creation and deletion time, as well as its 
   number of active seconds. The active second count is the count of 
   seconds that the SF had a non-empty Active Qos Parameter Set, i.e. it 
   was eligible to pass data.  For unicast SFs, it includes the CM MAC 
   address associated with the flow for billing reference purposes. 

   The maximum number of log records kept by a CMTS, and the duration 
   that a log record is maintained in the table is vendor-specific.  An 
   explicit control object is provided so that the monitoring 
   application can explicitly delete records it has read. 

2.2.8  docsQosServiceClassTable 

   This table defines the Service Class Name and references a Qos 
   Parameter Set for each Service Class defined in a CMTS.  It is 
   indexed by the Service Class Name string itself.  The table is read- 
   create on a CMTS, and is not implemented in a CM.  Each entry of the 
   docsQosServiceClassTable should define a template for flows in a 
   given direction (upstream or downstream). Some parameters of the 
   docsQosServiceClassTable are specific to a particular direction, and 
   so their values are not-applicable when used as a template for flows 
   in the other direction. 

2.2.9  docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 

   The docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable can be referenced by the 
   docsDevFilterPolicyTable of [21] in order to have a "policy" that 
   classifies packets to a named Service Class. This is one mechanism by 
   which "external" entities (like an SNMP manager) may control the 
   classification of packet for QOS purposes. Entries are indexed by a 
   small integer docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex.  They provide a Service 
   Class Name and a Rule Priority.  A policy referencing a row of this 
   table intends the packet to be forwarded on a Service Flow 
   "belonging" to the named Service Class. See the section "Externally 
   Administered Classification", below. 

   This table is implemented on both the CM and CMTS, and is read-create 
   on both. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 16] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable 

   The Payload Header Suppression (PHS) feature of DOCSIS 1.1 permits 
   packets to replace the unchanging bytes of the Ethernet, IP, and UDP 
   headers with a one-byte index when transmitting on the cable network. 
   This is especially useful for IP Telephony packets, where such 
   suppression can result in almost twice the number of calls supported 
   within the same upstream channel. 

   Each entry of the table corresponds to a PHS Rule as described in 
   section 8.4 of [16].  The rules are identified by their corresponding 
   service flow ID and docsQosPktClassId. A PHS rule is associated with 
   exactly one classifier.  The table is therefore indexed by the tuple 
   { ifINdex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId}. 

   This table is read-only, and MUST be implemented on both the CM and 
   CMTS when PHS is supported. 

2.2.11  docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable 

   The docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable provides describes the mapping of CM 
   mac addresses to the  Service Flow Ids that are uniquely identified 
   with that CM.  External applications may collect statistics on all 
   packets flowing through a CM by determining the SFID of all of its 
   flows, and then collecting the statistics of packets and bytes for 
   each flow. 

   Downstream multicast service flows are not indicated in the 
   docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable because they are not associated with 
   only one CM. 

3.  Externally Administered Classification 

   Docsis 1.1 provides rich semantics for the classification of packets 
   to service flows with it Service Flow Classifier table. Service Flow 
   Classifiers may be created statically in the DOCSIS CM configuration 
   file, or may be created dynamically with Dynamic Service Addition 
   (DSA) and Dynamic Service Change (DSC) DOCSIS MAC messages. 

   Several major issues arose with the concept of externally 
   administered classification, i.e. should an external SNMP manager be 
   permitted to create classification rows? One problem was the co- 
   ordination of classifier IDs, since such an approach would require 
   either separate classifier ID number spaces or objects to co-ordinate 
   both internal and external classifier ID assignments.  A more serious 
   problem, however, was the requirement that external creation of SF 
   Classifiers would require "knowledge" of the individual Service Flow 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 17] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   ID for service flows by external applications.  It was strongly felt 
   by the committee that SFIDs should remain an internal Docsis object, 
   and not be transmitted as part of protocol flows, e.g. for IP packet 
   telephony signalling.  Docsis 1.1 introduced the concept of named 
   Service Classes for ease of administration within a domain of CMs and 
   CMTSs.  What was desired was to permit external classification of 
   packets to a Service Class, not a particular Service Flow. 

   The DOCSIS committee therefore decided to use the already-defined IP 
   Packet Filter Table [21] for the external classification of packets 
   for QOS purposes.  The docsDevIpPacketFilterTable defines similar 
   packet matching criteria as docsQosPktClassTable, but it matches a 
   packet to an arbitrary "policy set" instead of a particular Service 
   Flow. One of the policies in the policy set then selects the Service 
   Class of the SF on which to forward the packet.  The 
   docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable of this MIB defines the Service Class 
   Name to which a packet is classified. 

   The interaction of external and internal packet classification is 
   depicted below. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 18] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

              | 
              |  Outbound Pkt 
              V 
          docsDevIpFilterTable------> docsDevFilterPolicyTable 
              |                                | 
              |                                V 
              |                      docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 
              |                                | 
              | Pkt                            | ServiceClassName, 
              |                                | ServiceClassPolicyRulePriority 
              V                                V 
     +--------------------------------------------------------+ 
     |        |   DOCSIS MAC LAYER ENTITY      |              | 
     |        |                                | Select any   | 
     |        V                                | SFID Y in SCN| 
     |    docsQosPktClassTable <---------------|              | 
     |        |                                |              | 
     |        | docsQosPktClassPriority,       |              | 
     |        | SFID X                         |              | 
     |        V                                V              | 
     |      ----------------------------------------+         | 
     |      | Select the SFID associated with the   |         | 
     |      | higher of docsQosPktClassPriority or  |         | 
     |      | docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority |         | 
     |      +---------------------------------------+         | 
     |                             |                          | 
     |                             V                          | 
     |           |    |          |    |                       | 
     |           |    |    ...   |    |  Service Flows        | 
     |           +----+          +----+                       | 
     |           SFID X          SFID Y                       | 
     +--------------------------------------------------------+ 

          Figure 2: Docsis Packet Classification 

   The processing of an outgoing packet proceeds as follows: 

          1.  The packet is first checked for matches with rows of the 
              docsDevIpFilterTable. If it matches, the matching row 
              provides a docsDevFilterPolicyId integer. 

          2.  The docsDevFilterPolicyId indexes into one (or more) rows 
              of docsDevFilterPolicyTable. Each row provides an 
              arbitrary RowPointer (docsDevFilterPolicyPtr), 
              corresponding to a policy to be applied to the packet. 

          3.  This MIB defines a docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable whose 
              entries may be pointed to by docsDevFilterPolicyPtr in 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 19] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

              order to administratively classify packets to a named 
              DOCSIS Service Class.  The docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 
              provides a Service Class Name (SCN) as 
              docsQosServiceClassPolicyName and a classification rule 
              priority as docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority. These 
              are submitted to the device's Docsis MAC Layer entity as a 
              special form of the MAC_DATA.request primitive, as 
              described in Section E.2.1 of [16]. 

          4.  The MAC Layer selects an SFID ("Y") of an active Service 
              Flow belonging to the named class, choosing an SF 
              arbitrarily if there is more than one. 

          5.  The packet is then classified according to the 
              docsQosPktClassTable, which may classify the packet to a 
              different SFID "X".  Associated with the classifier is a 
              docsQosPktClassPriority. 

          6.  In the event of a conflict between the SCN-determined SFID 
              and the classified SFID, the greater of 
              docsQosPktClassPriority and 
              docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority determines which 
              SFID is selected to forward the packet. 

        A packet which does not match a docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 
        is directly submitted to the Docsis MAC layer, where the 
        docsQosPktClassTable selects the SID on which it is to be 
        forwarded. 

        By convention (in [16]), the "internal" docsQosPktClassPriority 
        values should be in the range of 64-191, while the "external" 
        priorities may be either in the range 192-255 to override the 
        internal classification or the range 0-63 to be overriden by 
        internal classification. 

        This classification mechanism applies both upstream from the CM 
        and downstream from the CMTS. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 20] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

4.  Definitions 

-- 
-- Docsis QOS Extensions MIB 
-- 

DOCS-QOS-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN 

IMPORTS 
    MODULE-IDENTITY, 
    OBJECT-TYPE, 
    Integer32, 
    Counter32, 
    IpAddress, 
    Unsigned32 
      FROM SNMPv2-SMI 

    TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, 
    MacAddress, 
    RowStatus, 
    TruthValue, 
    DisplayString, 
    TimeStamp 
      FROM SNMPv2-TC 

    OBJECT-GROUP, 
    MODULE-COMPLIANCE 
      FROM SNMPv2-CONF 

    ifIndex, 
    InterfaceIndex 
      FROM IF-MIB 

    docsIfMib 
      FROM DOCS-IF-MIB; 

docsQosMIB   MODULE-IDENTITY 
    LAST-UPDATED    "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001 
    ORGANIZATION    "IETF IPCDN Working Group" 
    CONTACT-INFO 
        " 
         Co-Author: Michael Patrick 
         Postal:    Motorola ISG 
                    20 Cabot Blvd, MS M4-30 
                    Mansfield, MA 02048-1193 
                    U.S.A. 
         Phone:     +1 508 261 5707 
         E-mail:    [email-masked]" 

    DESCRIPTION 
        "This is the management information for 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 21] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

         Quality Of Service (QOS) for DOCSIS 1.1." 

    REVISION        "200103010000Z" -- March 1, 2001 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "Published as draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt. 

        Changes from qos-mib-04 include: 
        - Changed default value of docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask and 
          docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to 255.255.255.255. This is the 
          only functional change of the revision. 
        - Clarified description of dosQosServiceFlowPkts to avoid 
          requiring CMs to classify downstream packets. 
        - Clarified that docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns only applies to 
          received packets. 
        - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and docsQosParamSetBitMap 
          indicate all parameters for both adds and changes. 
        " 
    ::= { docsIfMib 7 }                -- BPIPlus mib is docsIfMIb 6 

docsQosMIBObjects  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { docsQosMIB 1 } 

-- Textual Conventions 
IfDirection ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Indicates a direction on an RF MAC interface. 

                     The value downstream(1) is from Cable Modem 
                     Termination System to Cable Modem. 

                     The value upstream(2) is from Cable Modem to 
                     Cable Modem Termination System." 
    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 
                       downstream(1), 
                       upstream(2) 
                    } 

BitRate ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION 
    DISPLAY-HINT    "d" 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The rate of traffic in unit of bits per second. 
                     Used to specify traffic rate for QOS." 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 

SchedulingType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The scheduling service provided by a CMTS for an 
                    upstream service flow. If the parameter is omitted 
                    from an upstream QOS Parameter Set, this object takes 
                    the value of bestEffort (2). This parameter must be 
                    reported as undefined (1) for downstream QOS Parameter 
                    Sets." 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 22] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 
                      undefined (1), 
                      bestEffort (2), 
                      nonRealTimePollingService(3), 
                      realTimePollingService(4), 
                      unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5), 
                      unsolictedGrantService(6) 
                    } 

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 
-- 
-- Packet Classifier Table 
-- 
docsQosPktClassTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPktClassEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the packet classification 
                    configured on the CM or CMTS. 
                    The model is that a packet either received 
                    as input from an interface or transmitted 
                    for output on an interface may be compared 
                    against an ordered list of rules pertaining to 
                    the packet contents. Each rule is a row of this 
                    table. A matching rule provides a service flow 
                    id to to which the packet is classified. 
                    All rules need to match for a packet to match 
                    a classifier. 

                    The objects in this row correspond to a set of 
                    Classifier Encoding parameters in a DOCSIS 
                    MAC management message. The docsQosPktClassBitMap 
                    indicates which particular parameters were present 
                    in the classifier as signalled in the DOCSIS message. 
                    If the referenced parameter was not present 
                    in the signalled DOCSIS 1.1 Classifier, the 
                    corresponding object in this row reports a 
                    value as specified in the DESCRIPTION section. 
                    " 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 1 } 

docsQosPktClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosPktClassEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "An entry in this table provides a single packet 
                     classifier rule. The index ifIndex is an ifType 
                     of docsCableMaclayer(127)." 
    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 23] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

            docsQosServiceFlowId, 
            docsQosPktClassId 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassTable 1 } 

DocsQosPktClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosPktClassId               Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassDirection        IfDirection, 
    docsQosPktClassPriority         Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosLow         OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh        OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosMask        OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosPktClassIpProtocol       Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr     IpAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask     IpAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr       IpAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask       IpAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart  Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd    Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassDestPortStart    Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd      Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr      MacAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask      MacAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr    MacAddress, 
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType INTEGER, 
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol     Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassUserPriLow       Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh      Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassVlanId           Integer32, 
    docsQosPktClassState            INTEGER, 
    docsQosPktClassPkts             Counter32, 
    docsQosPktClassBitMap           BITS 
  } 

docsQosPktClassId       OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Index assigned to packet classifier entry by 
                     the CMTS which is unique per service flow." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.2" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 1 } 

docsQosPktClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IfDirection 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Indicates the direction to which the classifier 
                     is applied." 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 24] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 2 } 

docsQosPktClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The value specifies the order of evaluation 
                     of the classifiers. 
                     The higher the value the higher the priority. 
                     The value of 0 is used as default in 
                     provisioned service flows classifiers. 
                     The default value of 64 is used for dynamic 
                     service flow classifiers. 
                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the default value 
                     as defined above." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 3 } 

docsQosPktClassIpTosLow OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The low value of a range of TOS byte values. 
                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 4 } 

docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The 8-bit high value of a range of TOS byte 
                     values. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 5 } 

docsQosPktClassIpTosMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The mask value is bitwise ANDed with TOS byte 
                     in an IP packet and this value is used check 
                     range checking of TosLow and TosHigh. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0." 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 25] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 6 } 

docsQosPktClassIpProtocol OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..258) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the value of the IP 
                    Protocol field required for IP packets to match 
                    this rule. 

                    The value 256 matches traffic with any IP Protocol 
                    value. The value 257 by convention matches both TCP 
                    and UDP. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 258." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.2" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 7 } 

docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IpAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP 
                     Source Address required for packets to match 
                     this rule. An IP packet matches the rule when 
                     the packet ip source address bitwise ANDed 
                     with the docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value 
                     equals the docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr value. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                     0.0.0.0." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.3" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 8 } 

docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IpAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's 
                    IP Source Address that are compared to match 
                    this rule. 
                    An IP packet matches the rule when the packet 
                    source address bitwise ANDed with the 
                    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask value equals the 
                    docsQosIpPktClassSourceAddr value. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 26] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    255.255.255.255." 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.4" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 9 } 

docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IpAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the value of the IP 
                     Destination Address required for packets to 
                     match this rule. An IP packet matches the rule 
                     when the packet IP destination address 
                     bitwise ANDed with the 
                     docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the 
                     docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                     255.255.255.255." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.5" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 10 } 

docsQosPktClassIpDestMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IpAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object specifies which bits of a packet's 
                    IP Destination Address that are compared to 
                    match this rule. 
                    An IP packet matches the rule when the packet 
                    destination address bitwise ANDed with the 
                    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask value equals the 
                    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr value. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                    0.0.0.0." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.6" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 11} 

docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive 
                     range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which 
                     a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant 
                     for non-TCP/UDP IP packets. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 27] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0." 
    REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.7" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 12 } 

docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive 
                     range of TCP/UDP source port numbers to which 
                     a packet is compared. This object is irrelevant 
                     for non-TCP/UDP IP packets. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                     65535." 
    REFERENCE        "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 13 } 

docsQosPktClassDestPortStart OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the low end inclusive 
                     range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to 
                     which a packet is compared. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.9" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 14 } 

docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This object specifies the high end inclusive 
                     range of TCP/UDP destination port numbers to which 
                     a packet is compared. 

                     If the referenced parameter is not present 
                     in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                     65535." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.5.10" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 15 } 

docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          MacAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 28] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its 
                    destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with 
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of 
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                    '000000000000'H. 
                    " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 16 } 

docsQosPktClassDestMacMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          MacAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches an entry when its 
                    destination MAC address bitwise ANDed with 
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask equals the value of 
                    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                    '000000000000'H. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 17 } 

docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          MacAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "An Ethernet packet matches this entry when its 
                    source MAC address equals the value of 
                    this object. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 
                    'FFFFFFFFFFFF'H. 
                    " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.2" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 18 } 

docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 
                      none(0), 
                      ethertype(1), 
                      dsap(2), 
                      mac(3), 
                      all(4) 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 29] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    } 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the format of the layer 3 
                    protocol id in the Ethernet packet. A value of 
                    none(0) means that the rule does not use the 
                    layer 3 protocol type as a matching criteria. 

                    A value of ethertype(1) means that the rule 
                    applies only to frames which contains an 
                    EtherType value. Ethertype values are contained 
                    in packets using the Dec-Intel-Xerox (DIX) 
                    encapsulation or the RFC1042 Sub-Network Access 
                    Protocol (SNAP) encapsulation formats. 

                    A value of dsap(2) means that the rule applies 
                    only to frames using the IEEE802.3 
                    encapsulation format with a Destination Service 
                    Access Point (DSAP) other 
                    than 0xAA (which is reserved for SNAP). 

                    A value of mac(3) means that the rule applies 
                    only to MAC management messages for MAC management 
                    messages. 

                    A value of all(4) means that the rule matches 
                    all Ethernet packets. 

                    If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag 
                    header (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object 
                    applies to the embedded EtherType field within 
                    the 802.1P/Q header. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present 
                    in a classifier, this object reports the value of 0. 

                    " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 19 } 

docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "If docsQosEthPktClassProtocolType is none(0), 
                    this object is ignored when considering whether 
                    a packet matches the current rule. 

                    If dosQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is ethertype(1), 
                    this object gives the 16-bit value of the 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 30] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    EtherType that the packet must match in order to 
                    match the rule. 

                    If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is dsap(2), the 
                    lower 8 bits of this object's value must match the 
                    DSAP byte of the packet in order to match the 
                    rule. 

                    If docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType is mac(3), the 
                    lower 8 bits of this object value represent a 
                    lower bound (inclusive) of MAC management message 
                    type codes matched, and the upper 8 bits of this 
                    object value represent the upper bound (inclusive) 
                    of matched MAC message type codes.  Certain 
                    message type codes are excluded from matching, as 
                    specified in the reference. 

                    If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag header 
                    (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object applies to the 
                    embedded EtherType field within the 802.1P/Q header. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.6.3" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 20 } 

-- docsQosPktClassUserPriApplies { docsQosPktClassEntry 21 } 
--   was removed in revision -03. 

docsQosPktClassUserPriLow OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames 
                    using the 802.1P/Q tag header (indicated with 
                    EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit 
                    Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and 
                    a 12 bit VLAN number. 

                    Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit 
                    Priority field within the range of 
                    docsQosPktClassPriLow and docsQosPktClassPriHigh in 
                    order to match this rule. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 22 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 31] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames 
                    using the 802.1P/Qtag header (indicated with 
                    EtherType 0x8100). Such frames include a 16-bit 
                    Tag that contains a 3 bit Priority field and 
                    a 12 bit VLAN number. 

                    Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit 
                    Priority field within the range of 
                    docsQosPktClassPriLow and 
                    docsQosPktClassPriHigh in order to match this 
                    rule. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported 
                    as 7. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 23 } 

docsQosPktClassVlanId OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..4095) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object applies only to Ethernet frames 
                    using the 802.1P/Q tag header. 

                    If this object's value is nonzero, tagged 
                    packets must have a VLAN Identifier that matches 
                    the value in order to match the rule. 

                    Only the least significant 12 bits of this object's 
                    value are valid. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported 
                    as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.7.2" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 24 } 

docsQosPktClassState OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 
                      active(1), 
                      inactive(2) 
                    } 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 32] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates whether or not the classifier 
                    is enabled to classify packets to a Service Flow. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    classifier, the value of this object is reported 
                    as active(1). 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.6" 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 25 } 

docsQosPktClassPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object counts the number of packets that have 
                    been classified using this entry." 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 26 } 

docsQosPktClassBitMap OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          BITS {              -- Reference SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714 
                        rulePriority(0),     -- Appendix C.2.1.3.4 
                        activationState(1),  -- Appendix C.2.1.3.6 
                        ipTos(2),            -- Appendix C.2.1.5.1 
                        ipProtocol(3),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.2 
                        ipSourceAddr(4),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.3 
                        ipSourceMask(5),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.4 
                        ipDestAddr(6),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.5 
                        ipDestMask(7),       -- Appendix C.2.1.5.6 
                        sourcePortStart(8),  -- Appendix C.2.1.5.7 
                        sourcePortEnd(9),    -- Appendix C.2.1.5.8 
                        destPortStart(10),   -- Appendix C.2.1.5.9 
                        destPortEnd(11),     -- Appendix C.2.1.5.10 
                        destMac(12),         -- Appendix C.2.1.6.1 
                        sourceMac(13),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.2 
                        ethertype(14),       -- Appendix C.2.1.6.3 
                        userPri(15),         -- Appendix C.2.1.7.1 
                        vlanId(16)           -- Appendix C.2.1.7.2 
                    } 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION 
                    "This object indicates which parameter encodings were 
                    actually present in the DOCSIS packet classifier 
                    encoding signalled in the DOCSIS message that 
                    created or modified the classifier. Note that 
                    Dynamic Service Change messages have replace 
                    semantics, so that all non-default parameters must 
                    be present whether the classifier is being created 
                    or changed. 

                    A bit of of this object is set to 1 if the parameter 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 33] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    indicated by the comment was present in the classifier 
                    encoding, and 0 otherwise. 

                    Note that BITS are encoded most significant bit 
                    first, so that if e.g. bits 6 and 7 are set, this object 
                    is encoded as the octet string '030000'H. 
                   " 
    ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 27 } 

-- 
-- QOS Parameter Set Table 
-- 
docsQosParamSetTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosParamSetEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of DOCSIS 1.1 QOS 
                    parameters defined in a managed device. 

                    The ifIndex index specifies a DOCSIS MAC Domain. 
                    The docsQosServiceFlowId index specifies a particular 
                    Service Flow. 
                    The docsQosParamSetType index indicates whether 
                    the active, admitted, or provisioned QOS Parameter 
                    Set is being described by the row. 

                    Only the QOS Parameter Sets of Docsis 1.1 service 
                    flows are represented in this table.  Docsis 1.0 
                    QOS service profiles are not represented in this 
                    table. 

                    Each row corresponds to a DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set 
                    as signaled via DOCSIS MAC management messages. 
                    Each object in the row corresponds to one or 
                    part of one DOCSIS 1.1 Service Flow Encoding. 
                    The docsQosParamSetBitMap object in the row indicates 
                    which particular parameters were signalled in 
                    the original registration or dynamic service 
                    request message that created the QOS Parameter Set. 

                    In many cases, even if a QOS Parameter Set parameter 
                    was not signalled, the DOCSIS specification calls 
                    for a default value to be used. That default value 
                    is reported as the value of the corresponding object 
                    in this row. 

                    Many objects are not applicable depending on 
                    the service flow direction or upstream scheduling 
                    type.  The object value reported in this case 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 34] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    is specified in the DESCRIPTION clause. 
                    " 

    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 2 } 

docsQosParamSetEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosParamSetEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION 
    "A unique set of QOS parameters." 
    INDEX { 
        ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosParamSetType 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetTable 2 } 

-- Type of docsQosParamSet Entry { docsQosParamSetTable 1 } was 
--   changed with revision -03 

DocsQosParamSetEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosParamSetServiceClassName   DisplayString, 
    docsQosParamSetPriority           Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate     BitRate, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate    BitRate, 
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt     Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout      Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout    Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst     Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetSchedulingType     SchedulingType, 
    docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval    Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter      Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval  Integer32, 
    docsQosParamSetTosAndMask         OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosParamSetTosOrMask          OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxLatency         Unsigned32, 
    docsQosParamSetType               INTEGER, 
    docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct   OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosParamSetBitMap             BITS 
    } 

-- Removed docsQosParamSetRowType { docsQosParamSetEntry 1  } 
--    with revision -03 
-- Removed docsQosParamSetIndex { docsQosParamSetEntry 2 } 
--    with revision -03 
-- Removed docsQosParamSetRowStatus { docsQosParamSetEntry 3} 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 35] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

--    with revision -03 

docsQosParamSetServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DisplayString 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Refers to the Service Class Name that the 
                    parameter set values were derived. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is a zero length string. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 4 } 

docsQosParamSetPriority OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The relative priority of a service flow. 
                    Higher numbers indicate higher priority. 
                    This priority should only be used to differentiate 
                    service flow with identical parameter sets. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is 0.  If the parameter is 
                    not applicable, the reported value is 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.2" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 5 } 

docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          BitRate 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Maximum sustained traffic rate allowed for this 
                    service flow in bits/sec. Must count all MAC frame 
                    data PDU from the bytes following the MAC header HCS to 
                    the end of the CRC. The number of bytes 
                    forwarded is limited during any time interval. 
                    The value 0 means no maximum traffic rate is 
                    enforced. This object applies to both upstream and 
                    downstream service flows. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter is 
                    not applicable, it is reported as 0. 
                   " 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 36] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.3" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 6 } 

docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the token bucket size in bytes 
                    for this parameter set. The value is calculated 
                    from the byte following the MAC header HCS to 
                    the end of the CRC. This object is applied in 
                    conjunction with docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate to 
                    calculate maximum sustained traffic rate. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object for scheduling types 
                    bestEffort (2), nonRealTimePollingService(3), 
                    and realTimePollingService(4) is 1522. 

                    If this parameter is not applicable, it is reported 
                    as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.4" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 7 } 

docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          BitRate 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the guaranteed minimum rate in 
                    bits/sec for this parameter set. The value is 
                    calculated from the byte following the MAC 
                    header HCS to the end of the CRC. The default 
                    value of 0 has the meaning that no bandwidth 
                    is reserved. 
                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter 
                    is not applicable, it is reported as 0. 
                    " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.5" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 8 } 

docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies an assumed minimum packet size in 
                    bytes for which the docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate 
                    will be provided. The value is calculated from 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 37] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    the byte following the MAC header HCS to the 
                    end of the CRC. 

                    If the referenced parameter is omitted from a 
                    DOCSIS QOS parameter set, the default value is 
                    CMTS implementation dependent. In this case, the 
                    CMTS reports the default value it is using and the 
                    CM reports a value of 0. If the referenced 
                    parameter is not applicable to the direction or 
                    scheduling type of the service flow, both CMTS and 
                    CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.6" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 9 } 

docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    UNITS           "seconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that 
                    resources remain unused on an active service 
                    flow before CMTS signals that both active and 
                    admitted parameters set are null. 
                    The default value of 0 signifies an 
                    infinite amount of time. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is 0. 
                   " 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.7" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 10 } 

docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    UNITS           "seconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum duration in seconds that 
                    resources remain in admitted state before 
                    resources must be released. 
                    The value of 0 signifies an infinite amount 
                    of time. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the 
                    default value of this object is 200. 
                   " 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 38] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.8" 
    DEFVAL          { 200 } 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 11 } 

docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum concatenated burst in 
                    bytes which an upstream  service flow is allowed. 
                    The value is calculated from the FC byte of the 
                    Concatenation MAC Header to the last CRC byte in 
                    of the last concatenated MAC frame, inclusive. 
                    The value of 0 specifies no maximum burst. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, the default 
                    value of this object is 0. If the parameter is 
                    not applicable, this object's value is reported 
                    as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.1" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 12 } 

docsQosParamSetSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SchedulingType 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the upstream scheduling service used for 
                    upstream service flow. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set of an 
                    upstream service flow, the default value of this 
                    object is bestEffort(2). For QOS parameter sets of 
                    downstream service flows, this object's value is 
                    reported as undefined(1). 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.2" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 13 } 

--  Changed type of  docsQosParamSetRequestPolicy { docsQosParamSetEntry 14 } 
--    to docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 } 

docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 39] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds 
                    between successive unicast request 
                    opportunities on an upstream service flow. 

                    This object applies only to upstream service flows 
                    with schedulingType of value 
                    nonRealTimePollingService(3), 
                    realTimePollingService(4), and 
                    unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5).  The parameter is 
                    mandatory for realTimePollingService(4).  If the 
                    parameter is omitted with 
                    nonRealTimePollingService(3), the CMTS uses an 
                    implementation dependent value.  If the parameter 
                    is omitted with unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5), 
                    the CMTS uses as a default value the value of the 
                    Nominal Grant Interval parameter.  In all cases, 
                    the CMTS reports the value it is using when the 
                    parameter is applicable.  The CM reports the 
                    signaled parameter value if it was signaled, 
                    and 0 otherwise. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to 
                    the direction or scheduling type of the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both 
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.4" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 15 } 

docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in 
                    microseconds that the unicast request interval 
                    may be delayed from the nominal periodic 
                    schedule on an upstream service flow. 

                    This parameter is applicable only to upstream 
                    service flows with a Schedulingtype of 
                    realTimePollingService(4) or 
                    unsolictedGrantServiceWithAD(5). 

                    If the referenced parameter is applicable but not 
                    present in the corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter 
                    Set, the CMTS uses an implementation dependent 
                    value and reports the value it is using. 
                    The CM reports a value of 0 in this case. 

                    If the parameter is not applicable to the 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 40] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    direction or upstream scheduling type of the 
                    service flow, both CMTS and CM report this 
                    object's value as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.5" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 16 } 

docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the unsolicited grant size in bytes. 
                    The grant size includes the entired MAC frame 
                    data PDU from the Frame Control byte to end of 
                    the MAC frame. 

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only 
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of 
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or 
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory 
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report 
                    the signaled value of the parameter in this 
                    case. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to 
                    the direction or scheduling type of the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both 
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.6" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 17 } 

docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the nominal interval in microseconds 
                    between successive data grant opportunities 
                    on an upstream service flow. 

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only 
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of 
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or 
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory 
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the 
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to 
                    the direction or scheduling type of the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 41] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.7" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 18 } 

docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum amount of time in 
                    microseconds that the transmission opportunities 
                    may be delayed from the nominal periodic schedule. 

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only 
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of 
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or 
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory 
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the 
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to 
                    the direction or scheduling type of the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both 
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.8" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 19 } 

docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the number of data grants per Nominal 
                    Grant Interval 
                    (docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval). 

                    The referenced parameter is applicable only 
                    for upstream flows with a SchedulingType of 
                    of unsolicitedGrantServicewithAD(5) or 
                    unsolicitedGrantService(6), and is mandatory 
                    when applicable. Both CMTS and CM report the 
                    signaled value of the parameter in this case. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not applicable to 
                    the direction or scheduling type of the 
                    corresponding DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, both 
                    CMTS and CM report this object's value as 0. 
                   " 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 42] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.9" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 20 } 

docsQosParamSetTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the AND mask for IP TOS byte for overwriting 
                    IP packets TOS value.  The IP packets TOS byte is 
                    bitwise ANDed with docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and 
                    result is bitwise ORed with docsQosParamSetTosORMask 
                    and result is written to IP packet TOS byte. 
                    A value of 'FF'H for docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and 
                    a value of '00'H for docsQosParamSetTosOrMask means 
                    that IP Packet TOS byte is not overwritten. 

                    This combination is reported if the referenced 
                    parameter is not present in a QOS Parameter Set." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 21 } 

docsQosParamSetTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the OR mask for IP TOS byte. 
                    See the description of docsQosParamSetTosAndMask 
                    for further details." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.10" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 22 } 

docsQosParamSetMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the maximum latency between the 
                    reception of a packet by the CMTS on its NSI 
                    and the forwarding of the packet to the RF 
                    interface. A value of 0 signifies no maximum 
                    latency enforced. This object only applies to 
                    downstream service flows. 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in the 
                    corresponding downstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set, 
                    the default value is 0. This parameter is 
                    not applicable to upstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter Sets, 
                    and its value is reported as 0 in this case. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 23 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 43] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

docsQosParamSetType     OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 
                       active (1), 
                       admitted (2), 
                       provisioned (3) 
                    } 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Defines the type of the QOS parameter set defined 
                    by this row. active(1) indicates the Active QOS 
                    parameter set, describing the service currently 
                    being provided by the Docsis MAC domain to the 
                    service flow. admitted(2) indicates the Admitted 
                    QOS Parameter Set, describing services reserved by 
                    by the Docsis MAC domain for use by the service flow. 
                    provisioned (3) describes the QOS Parameter Set 
                    defined in the DOCSIS CM Configuration file for 
                    the service flow." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, 8.1.5" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 24 } 

docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4)) 
                    -- A 32-bit mask represented most significant byte 
                    -- first. The 32 bit integer represented in this manner 
                    -- equals the binary value of the referenced integer 
                    -- parameter of the DOCSIS RFI specification. 
                    -- The BITS syntax is not used in order to avoid 
                    -- the confusion caused by different bit numbering 
                    -- conventions. 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies which transmit interval opportunities 
                    the CM omits for upstream transmission requests and 
                    packet transmissions. This object takes its 
                    default value for downstream service flows. 

                    Unless otherwise indicated, a bit value of 1 means 
                    that a CM must *not* use that opportunity for 
                    upstream transmission. 

                    Calling bit 0 the least significant bit of the 
                    least significant (4th) octet, and increasing 
                    bit number with significance, the bit definitions 
                    are as defined below: 

                    broadcastReqOpp(0): 
                         all CMs broadcast request opportunities 

                    priorityReqMulticastReq(1): 
                         priority request multicast request opportunities 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 44] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    reqDataForReq(3): 
                         request/data opportunities for requests 

                    reqDataForData(4): 
                         request/data opportunities for data 

                    concatenateData(5): 
                         concatenate data 

                    fragmentData(6): 
                         fragment data 

                    suppresspayloadheaders(7): 
                         suppress payload headers 

                    dropPktsExceedUGSize(8): 
                         A value of 1 mean that service flow must drop 
                         packet that do not fit in the Unsolicited 
                         Grant size 

                    If the referenced parameter is not present in 
                    a QOS Parameter Set, the value of this object is 
                    reported as '00000000'H. 
                    " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.6.3" 
    ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 } 

docsQosParamSetBitMap OBJECT-TYPE 
                                -- Each bit corresponds to a parameter 
                                -- from SP-RFI-v1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C 
    SYNTAX          BITS {      -- in the indicated section number. 
                        trafficPriority(0),     -- C.2.2.5.2 
                        maxTrafficRate(1),      -- C.2.2.5.3 
                        maxTrafficBurst(2),     -- C.2.2.5.4 
                        minReservedRate(3),     -- C.2.2.5.5 
                        minReservedPkt(4),      -- C.2.2.5.6 
                        activeTimeout(5),       -- C.2.2.5.7 
                        admittedTimeout(6),     -- C.2.2.5.8 
                        maxConcatBurst(7),      -- C.2.2.6.1 
                        schedulingType(8),      -- C.2.2.6.2 
                        requestPolicy(9),       -- C.2.2.6.3 
                        nomPollInterval(10),    -- C.2.2.6.4 
                        tolPollJitter(11),      -- C.2.2.6.5 
                        unsolicitGrantSize(12), -- C.2.2.6.6 
                        nomGrantInterval(13),   -- C.2.2.6.7 
                        tolGrantJitter(14),     -- C.2.2.6.8 
                        grantsPerInterval(15),  -- C.2.2.6.9 
                        tosOverwrite(16),       -- C.2.2.6.10 
                        maxLatency(17)          -- C.2.2.7.1 
                    } 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 45] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates the set of QOS Parameter 
                    Set parameters actually signaled in the 
                    DOCSIS registration or dynamic service request 
                    message that created or modified the QOS Parameter Set. 
                    A bit is set to 1 when the parameter described 
                    by the indicated reference section is present 
                    in the original request. 

                    Note that when Service Class names are expanded, 
                    the registration or dynamic response message may 
                    contain parameters as expanded by the CMTS based 
                    on a stored service class. These expanded 
                    parameters are *not* indicated by a 1 bit in this 
                    object. 

                    Note that even though some QOS Parameter Set 
                    parameters may not be signalled in a message 
                    (so that the paramater's bit in this object is 0) 
                    the DOCSIS specification calls for default 
                    values to be used. These default values are 
                    reported as the corresponding object's value in 
                    the row. 

                    Note that BITS objects are encoded most 
                    significant bit first. For example, if bits 
                    1 and 16 are set, the value of this object 
                    is the octet string '400080'H. 

                   " 
::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 26 } 

-- 
--  Service Flow Table 
-- 
docsQosServiceFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS 
                     Service Flows in a managed device. " 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 3 } 

docsQosServiceFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a service flow. 
                     An entry in the table exists for each 
                     Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an 
                     ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)." 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 46] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 
            docsQosServiceFlowId 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowTable 1 } 

DocsQosServiceFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosServiceFlowId                       Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowSID                      Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowDirection                IfDirection, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPrimary                  TruthValue 
    } 

docsQosServiceFlowId    OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295) 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.2" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 1 } 

-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowProvisionedParamSetIndex 
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 2} with revision -03 
-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedParamSetIndex 
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 3} with revision -03 
-- Remove docsQosServiceFlowActiveParamSetIndex 
--    {docsQosServiceFlowEntry 4} with revision -03 

docsQosServiceFlowSID  OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (0..16383) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Identifier (SID) assigned to an 
                    admitted or active service flow. This object 
                    reports a value of 0 if a Service Id is not 
                    associated with the service flow. Only active 
                    or admitted upstream service flows will have a 
                    Service Id (SID)." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.3" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 6 } 

docsQosServiceFlowDirection OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IfDirection 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The direction of the service flow." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.1/2" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 7 } 

docsQosServiceFlowPrimary OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TruthValue 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 47] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Object reflects whether service flow is the primary 
                    or a secondary service flow. 

                    A primary service flow is the default service flow 
                    for otherwise unclassified traffic and all MAC 
                    messages." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Section 8.1 " 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowEntry 8 } 

-- Moved docsQosServiceFlow'ActiveTimeout, 'AdmittedTimeout, 
-- 'SchedulingType, 'RequestPolicy, 'TosAndMask, and 'TosOrMask 
-- back to docsQosParamSetTable with QOS-MIB-04. 

-- 
--  Service Flow Stats Table 
-- 
docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the 
                     Service Flows in a managed device. " 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 4 } 

docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of service flow statistics. 
                     An entry in the table exists for each 
                     Service Flow ID. The ifIndex is an 
                     ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)." 
    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 
            docsQosServiceFlowId 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsTable 1 } 

DocsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosServiceFlowPkts                     Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowOctets                   Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated              TimeStamp, 
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive               Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns              Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts          Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts         Counter32 
    } 

docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 48] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to this 
                    service flow. This object does not count MAC-specific 
                    management messages. 
                    CMs not classifying downstream packets may report 
                    this object's value as 0. " 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 1 } 

docsQosServiceFlowOctets OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets transmitted on the Docsis RF network 
                    from the byte after the MAC header HCS to the end 
                    of the CRC for all packets counted in the 
                    docsQosServiceFlowPkts object for this row. Note that 
                    this counts the octets after payload header suppression 
                    has been applied. CMs not classifying to a downstream 
                    service flow may report this object's value as 0 for that 
                    flow. " 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 2 } 

docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow 
                    was created." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 3 } 

docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    UNITS           "seconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow has been active." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 4 } 

docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets received on the service flow 
                    with an unknown payload header suppression index." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 5 } 

docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 49] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets dropped due to policing of 
                    the service flow, especially to limit the maximum 
                    rate of the flow." 

    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 6 } 

docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packet delayed due to policing of 
                    the service flow, especially to limit the maximum 
                    rate of the flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 7 } 

-- 
--  Upstream Service Flow Stats Table (CMTS ONLY) 
-- 
docsQosUpstreamStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with 
                     upstream service flows. All counted frames must 
                     be received without an FCS error." 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 5 } 

docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of upstream service flow statistics. 
                     An entry in the table exists for each 
                     upstream Service Flow in a managed device. 
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)." 
    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 
            docsQosSID 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 1 } 

DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosSID                            Integer32, 
    docsQosUpstreamFragments              Counter32, 
    docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards           Counter32, 
    docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts           Counter32 
    } 

docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..16383) 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 50] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Identifies a service id for an admitted or active 
                    upstream service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 1 } 

-- Renamed in revision -03 from docsQosUpstreamFragPkts 
docsQosUpstreamFragments OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of fragmentation headers received on an 
                    upstream  service flow, regardless of whether 
                    the fragment was correctly reassembled into a 
                    valid packet. " 
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 2 } 

docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of upstream fragments discarded and not 
                    assembled into a valid upstream packet." 
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 3 } 

docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of concatenation headers received on an 
                    upstream service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry 4 } 

-- 
--  Dynamic Service Stats Table 
-- 
docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes statistics associated with the 
                     Dynamic Service Flows in a managed device. " 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 6 } 

docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of dynamic service flow statistics. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 51] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                     Two entries exist for each Docsis mac layer 
                     interface for the upstream and downstream direction. 
                     On the CMTS, the downstream direction row indicates 
                     messages transmitted or transactions originated 
                     by the CMTS. The upstream direction row indicates 
                     messages received or transaction originated by the 
                     CM. On the CM, the downstream direction row 
                     indicates messages received or transactions 
                     originated by the CMTS. The upstream direction 
                     row indicates messages transmitted by the CM or 
                     transactions originated by the CM. 
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127)." 
    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 
            docsQosIfDirection 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 1 } 

DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosIfDirection                         IfDirection, 
    docsQosDSAReqs                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSARsps                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSAAcks                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSCReqs                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSCRsps                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSCAcks                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSDReqs                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDSDRsps                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicAdds                         Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicAddFails                     Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicChanges                      Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicChangeFails                  Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicDeletes                      Counter32, 
    docsQosDynamicDeleteFails                  Counter32, 
    docsQosDCCReqs                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDCCRsps                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDCCAcks                             Counter32, 
    docsQosDCCs                                Counter32, 
    docsQosDCCFails                            Counter32 
   } 

docsQosIfDirection OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IfDirection 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The direction of interface." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 1 } 

docsQosDSAReqs OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 52] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Requests" 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 2 } 

docsQosDSARsps OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Responses" 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 3 } 

docsQosDSAAcks OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition Acknowledgements." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 4 } 

docsQosDSCReqs OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Requests" 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 5 } 

docsQosDSCRsps OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Responses" 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 6 } 

docsQosDSCAcks OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change Acknowlegements." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 7 } 

docsQosDSDReqs OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Requests" 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 8 } 

docsQosDSDRsps OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Delete Responses" 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 53] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 9 } 

docsQosDynamicAdds OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Addition 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 10 } 

docsQosDynamicAddFails OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Addition 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 11 } 

docsQosDynamicChanges OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Change 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 12 } 

docsQosDynamicChangeFails OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Change 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 13 } 

docsQosDynamicDeletes OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Service Delete 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 14 } 

docsQosDynamicDeleteFails OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Service Delete 
                    transactions." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 15 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 54] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

docsQosDCCReqs OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Request messages 
        traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on 
        downstream direction rows." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 16 } 

docsQosDCCRsps OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Response messages 
        traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on upstream 
        direction rows." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 17 } 

docsQosDCCAcks OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Acknowledgement 
        messages traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only 
        on downstream direction rows." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 18 } 

docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Channel Change 
        transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction 
        rows." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 19 } 

docsQosDCCFails OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Channel Change 
        transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream direction 
        rows." 
    ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 20 } 

-- 
--  Service Flow Log Table (CMTS ONLY) 
-- 
docsQosServiceFlowLogTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 55] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table contains a log of the disconnected 
                     Service Flows in a managed device." 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 7 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The information regarding a single disconnected 
                     service flow." 
    INDEX { 
            docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogTable 1 } 

DocsQosServiceFlowLogEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex                 Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex               InterfaceIndex, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID                  Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac                 MacAddress, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts                  Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets                Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted           TimeStamp, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated           TimeStamp, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive            Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection             IfDirection, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary               TruthValue, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName      DisplayString, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts       Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts      Counter32, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogControl               INTEGER 
    } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogIndex OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Unique index for a logged service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 1 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127) 
                     on the CMTS where the service flow was present." 
    ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 2 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID    OBJECT-TYPE 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 56] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The index assigned to the service flow by the CMTS." 
    ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 3 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          MacAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the cable modem associated with 
                     the service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 4 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of packets counted on this service flow 
                    after payload header suppression." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 5 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets counted on this service flow 
                    after payload header suppression." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 6 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow 
                    was deleted." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 7 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TimeStamp 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of sysUpTime when the service flow 
                    was created." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 8 } 

docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    UNITS           "seconds" 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 57] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The total time that service flow was active." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 9 } 

-- docsQosServiceFlowLogControl was formerly { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 10} 
-- and was renumbered in version -04. 

docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          IfDirection 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowDirection 
                    for the service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  11} 

docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TruthValue 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosServiceFlowPrimary for the 
                    service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  12} 

docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DisplayString 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The value of docsQosParamSetServiceClassName for 
                    the provisioned QOS Parameter Set of the 
                    service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  13} 

docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts 
                    for the service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  14} 

docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Counter32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "The final value of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts 
                    for the service flow." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  15} 

docsQosServiceFlowLogControl OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          INTEGER { 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 58] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                     active(1), 
                     destroy(6) 
                    } 

    MAX-ACCESS      read-write 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Setting this object to the value destroy(6) removes 
                    this entry from the table. 
                    Reading this object return the value active(1)." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 16} 

-- 
-- Service Class Table (CMTS ONLY) 
-- 
docsQosServiceClassTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS 
                     Service Classes in a CMTS. " 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 8 } 

docsQosServiceClassEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "A provisioned service class on a CMTS. 
                Each entry defines a template for certain 
                DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set values. When a CM 
                creates or modifies an Admitted QOS Parameter Set for a 
                Service Flow, it may reference a Service Class 
                Name instead of providing explicit QOS Parameter 
                Set values. In this case, the CMTS populates 
                the QOS Parameter Set with the applicable 
                corresponding values from the named Service Class. 
                Subsequent changes to a Service Class row do *not* 
                affect the QOS Parameter Set values of any service flows 
                already admitted. 

                A service class template applies to only 
                a single direction, as indicated in the 
                docsQosServiceClassDirection object. 
                " 
    INDEX { 
             docsQosServiceClassName 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassTable 1 } 

DocsQosServiceClassEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosServiceClassName               DisplayString (SIZE(1..15)), 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 59] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    docsQosServiceClassStatus             RowStatus, 
    docsQosServiceClassPriority           Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate     BitRate, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst    Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate    BitRate, 
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt     Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst     Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval    Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter      Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval   Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter     Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval  Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency         Unsigned32, 
    docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout      Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout    Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType     SchedulingType, 
    docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy      OCTET STRING (SIZE(4)), 
    docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask         OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)), 
    docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)), 
    docsQosServiceClassDirection          IfDirection 
    } 

docsQosServiceClassName OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DisplayString (SIZE(1..15)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name. DOCSIS specifies that the 
                    maximum size is 15 printable ASCII characters with 
                    a terminating zero. The terminating zero is not 
                    represented in this DisplayString syntax object. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.3.4" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 1 } 

-- docsQosServiceClassParamSetIndex { docsQosServiceClassEntry 2 } 
--    was removed in revision -03 

docsQosServiceClassStatus OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          RowStatus 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 3 } 

docsQosServiceClassPriority OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..7) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetPriority." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 60] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 4 } 

docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          BitRate 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 5 } 

docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst." 
    DEFVAL          { 1522 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 6 } 

docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          BitRate 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSEtMinReservedRate." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 7 } 

docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 8 } 

docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 9 } 

docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 10 } 

docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter OBJECT-TYPE 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 61] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 11 } 

docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 12 } 

docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 13 } 

docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 14 } 

docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..127) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 15 } 

docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 
    UNITS           "microseconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosParamSetClassMaxLatency." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.7.1" 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 16 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 62] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    UNITS           "seconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowActiveTimeout." 
    DEFVAL          { 0 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 17 } 

docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..65535) 
    UNITS           "seconds" 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowAdmittedTimeout." 
    DEFVAL          { 200 } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 18 } 

docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SchedulingType 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowSchedulingType." 
    DEFVAL          { bestEffort } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 19 } 

docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowRequestPolicy." 
    DEFVAL          { '00000000'H } -- no bits are set 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 20 } 

docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosAndMask." 
    DEFVAL          { 'FF'H } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 21 } 

docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Template for docsQosServiceFlowTosOrMask." 
    DEFVAL          { '00'H } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 22 } 

docsQosServiceClassDirection OBJECT-TYPE 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 63] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    SYNTAX          IfDirection 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Specifies whether the service class template 
                    applies to upstream or downstream service flows." 
    DEFVAL          { upstream } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassEntry 23 } 

-- 
-- Service Class PolicyTable 
-- 
docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "This table describes the set of Docsis-QOS 
                    Service Class Policies. 

                    This table is an adjunct to the 
                    docsDevFilterPolicy table.  Entries in 
                    docsDevFilterPolicy table can  point to 
                    specific rows in this table. 

                    This table permits mapping a packet to a service 
                    class name of an active service flow so long as 
                    a classifier does not exist at a higher 
                    priority. 
                   " 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1" 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 9 } 

docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "A service class name policy entry." 
    INDEX { 
            docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable 1 } 

DocsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex        Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyName         DisplayString, 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority Integer32, 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus       RowStatus 
    } 

docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..2147483647) 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 64] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Index value to uniquely identify an entry in 
                    this table." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 1 } 

docsQosServiceClassPolicyName OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DisplayString 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Name to identify the name of the 
                    service class flow to which the packet should be 
                    directed." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix E.2.1" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 2 } 

docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Service Class Policy rule priority for the 
                    entry." 
    REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.1.3.5" 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 3 } 

docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          RowStatus 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-create 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Used to create or delete rows in this table. 
                    This object should not be deleted if it is 
                    reference by an entry in docsDevFilterPolicy. 
                    The reference should be deleted first." 
    ::= { docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry 4 } 

-- 
-- Payload Header Suppression(PHS) Table 
-- 
docsQosPHSTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosPHSEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table describes set of payload header 
                     suppression entries." 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 10 } 

docsQosPHSEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosPHSEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "A payload header suppression entry. 
                     The ifIndex is an ifType of docsCableMaclayer(127). 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 65] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                     The index docsQosServiceFlowId selects one 
                     service flow from the cable MAC layer interface. 
                     The docsQosPktClassId index matches an 
                     index of the docsQosPktClassTable. 
                    " 
    INDEX { 
            ifIndex, 
            docsQosServiceFlowId, 
            docsQosPktClassId 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosPHSTable 1 } 

DocsQosPHSEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosPHSField            OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosPHSMask             OCTET STRING, 
    docsQosPHSSize             Integer32, 
    docsQosPHSVerify           TruthValue, 
    docsQosPHSIndex            Integer32 
    } 

-- The object docsQosPHSIndex used as an index {docsQosPHSEntry 1} 
--    was changed to be a non-index column in revision -03. 

docsQosPHSField         OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(0..255)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression field defines the 
                    bytes of the header which must be 
                    suppressed/restored by the sending/receiving 
                    device. 

                    The number of octets in this object should be 
                    the same as the value of docsQosPHSSize." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.1" 
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 2 } 

docsQosPHSMask          OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          OCTET STRING(SIZE(0..32)) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression mask defines the 
                    bit mask which used in combination with the 
                    docsQosPHSField defines which bytes in header 
                    must be suppressed/restored by the sending or 
                    receiving device. 

                    Each bit of this bit mask corresponds to a byte 
                    in the docsQosPHSField, with the least 
                    significant  bit corresponding to first byte of 
                    the docsQosPHSField. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 66] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

                    Each bit of the bit mask specifies whether of 
                    not the corresponding byte should be suppressed 
                    in the packet. A bit value of '1' indicates that 
                    the byte should be suppressed by the sending 
                    device and restored by the receiving device. 
                    A bit value of '0' indicates that 
                    the byte should not be suppressed by the sending 
                    device or restored by the receiving device. 

                    If the bit mask does not contain a bit for each 
                    byte in the docsQosPHSField then the bit mask is 
                    extended with bit values of '1' to be the 
                    necessary length." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.3" 
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 3 } 

docsQosPHSSize          OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (0..255) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression size specifies the 
                    number of bytes in the header to be suppressed 
                    and restored. 

                    The value of this object must match the number 
                    of bytes in the docsQosPHSField." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.4" 
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 4 } 

docsQosPHSVerify       OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          TruthValue 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression verification value of 
                    'true' the sender must verify docsQosPHSField 
                    is the same as what is contained in the packet 
                    to be suppressed." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.5" 
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 5 } 

-- Removed dosQosPHSClassifierIndex {docsQosPHSEntry 6} 
--   in revision -03. 

docsQosPHSIndex         OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Integer32 (1..255) 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "Payload header suppression index uniquely 
                    references the PHS rule for a given service flow." 
    REFERENCE       "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.10.2" 
    ::= { docsQosPHSEntry 7 } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 67] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

-- 
-- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable (CMTS Only) 
-- 
docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "This table provide for referencing the service flows 
                     associated with a particular cable modem. This allows 
                     for indexing into other docsQos tables that are 
                     indexed by docsQosServiceFlowId and ifIndex." 
    ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 11 } 

docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "An entry is created by CMTS for each service flow 
                     connected to this CMTS." 
    INDEX { 
            docsQosCmtsCmMac, 
            docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId 
          } 
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable 1 } 

DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry ::= SEQUENCE { 
    docsQosCmtsCmMac                MacAddress, 
    docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId        Unsigned32, 
    docsQosCmtsIfIndex              InterfaceIndex 
    } 

docsQosCmtsCmMac OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          MacAddress 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the referenced CM." 
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 1 } 

docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295) 
    MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION    "An index assigned to a service flow by CMTS." 
    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 2 } 

docsQosCmtsIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE 
    SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex 
    MAX-ACCESS      read-only 
    STATUS          current 
    DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127) 
                     on the CMTS that is connected to the Cable Modem." 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 68] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    ::= { docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry 3 } 

-- 
-- Placeholder for notifications/traps. 
-- 
docsQosNotification OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 2 } 

-- 
-- Conformance definitions 
-- 
docsQosConformance  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosMIB 3 } 
docsQosGroups       OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 1 } 
docsQosCompliances  OBJECT IDENTIFIER   ::= { docsQosConformance 2 } 

docsQosCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE 
    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "The compliance statement for MCNS Cable Modems and 
         Cable Modem Termination Systems that implement DOCSIS 
         Service Flows." 

    MODULE  -- docsQosMIB 
        MANDATORY-GROUPS { docsQosBaseGroup } 

        GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup 
        DESCRIPTION 
            "This group is mandatory for only Cable Modem Termination 
             Systems (CMTS) and not implemented for Cable Modems." 

        GROUP docsQosParamSetGroup 
        DESCRIPTION 
            "This group is mandatory for Cable Modem Termination 
             Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. Cable modems only implement 
             objects in this group as read-only." 

        GROUP docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup 
        DESCRIPTION 
            "This group is optional for Cable Modem Termination 
             Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. This group only needs to 
             be implement if policy based service flow classification 
             is implemented. See docsDevPolicyTable in 
             DOCS-CABLE-DEVICE-MIB for more details. " 

        GROUP docsQosServiceClassGroup 
        DESCRIPTION 
            "The docsQosServiceClassTable group of objects. " 

        OBJECT  docsQosPktClassPkts 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 69] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

        DESCRIPTION 
            "This object only needs to be implemented in entries 
             that are classifying packets and not policing packets." 

    ::= { docsQosCompliances 1 } 

docsQosBaseGroup OBJECT-GROUP 
    OBJECTS { 
    docsQosPktClassDirection, 
    docsQosPktClassPriority, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosLow, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh, 
    docsQosPktClassIpTosMask, 
    docsQosPktClassIpProtocol, 
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceAddr, 
    docsQosPktClassIpSourceMask, 
    docsQosPktClassIpDestAddr, 
    docsQosPktClassIpDestMask, 
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortStart, 
    docsQosPktClassSourcePortEnd, 
    docsQosPktClassDestPortStart, 
    docsQosPktClassDestPortEnd, 
    docsQosPktClassDestMacAddr, 
    docsQosPktClassDestMacMask, 
    docsQosPktClassSourceMacAddr, 
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocolType, 
    docsQosPktClassEnetProtocol, 
    docsQosPktClassUserPriLow, 
    docsQosPktClassUserPriHigh, 
    docsQosPktClassVlanId, 
    docsQosPktClassState, 
    docsQosPktClassPkts, 
    docsQosPktClassBitMap, 

    docsQosServiceFlowSID, 
    docsQosServiceFlowDirection, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPrimary, 

    docsQosServiceFlowPkts,   -- not sure if CM should implement 
    docsQosServiceFlowOctets, 
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeCreated, 
    docsQosServiceFlowTimeActive, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts, 
    docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts, 

    docsQosDSAReqs, 
    docsQosDSARsps, 
    docsQosDSAAcks, 
    docsQosDSCReqs, 
    docsQosDSCRsps, 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 70] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    docsQosDSCAcks, 
    docsQosDSDReqs, 
    docsQosDSDRsps, 
    docsQosDynamicAdds, 
    docsQosDynamicAddFails, 
    docsQosDynamicChanges, 
    docsQosDynamicChangeFails, 
    docsQosDynamicDeletes, 
    docsQosDynamicDeleteFails, 
    docsQosDCCReqs, 
    docsQosDCCRsps, 
    docsQosDCCAcks, 
    docsQosDCCs, 
    docsQosDCCFails, 

    docsQosPHSField, 
    docsQosPHSMask, 
    docsQosPHSSize, 
    docsQosPHSVerify, 
    docsQosPHSIndex 
    } 
    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and 
         Cable Modem Termination Systems." 
    ::= { docsQosGroups 1 } 

docsQosParamSetGroup OBJECT-GROUP 
    OBJECTS { 
    docsQosParamSetServiceClassName, 
    docsQosParamSetPriority, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficRate, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst, 
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedRate, 
    docsQosParamSetMinReservedPkt, 
    docsQosParamSetActiveTimeout, 
    docsQosParamSetAdmittedTimeout, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst, 
    docsQosParamSetSchedulingType, 
    docsQosParamSetNomPollInterval, 
    docsQosParamSetTolPollJitter, 
    docsQosParamSetUnsolicitGrantSize, 
    docsQosParamSetNomGrantInterval, 
    docsQosParamSetTolGrantJitter, 
    docsQosParamSetGrantsPerInterval, 
    docsQosParamSetTosAndMask, 
    docsQosParamSetTosOrMask, 
    docsQosParamSetMaxLatency, 
    docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct, 
    docsQosParamSetBitMap 
    } 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 71] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "Group of objects implemenent in both Cable Modems and 
         Cable Modem Termination Systems for QOS parameter sets." 
    ::= { docsQosGroups 2 } 

docsQosCmtsGroup OBJECT-GROUP 
    OBJECTS { 

    docsQosUpstreamFragments, 
    docsQosUpstreamFragDiscards, 
    docsQosUpstreamConcatBursts, 

    docsQosServiceFlowLogIfIndex, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogSFID, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPkts, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogOctets, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeDeleted, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeCreated, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogTimeActive, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogDirection, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPrimary, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogServiceClassName, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts, 
    docsQosServiceFlowLogControl, 

    docsQosCmtsIfIndex        -- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable required 

    } 
    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "Mandatory group of objects implemented only in the CMTS." 
    ::= { docsQosGroups 3 } 

docsQosSrvClassPolicyGroup OBJECT-GROUP 
    OBJECTS { 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyName, 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority, 
    docsQosServiceClassPolicyStatus 
    } 
    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "Group of objects implemented in both Cable Modems and 
         Cable Modem Termination Systems when supporting policy based 
         service flows." 
    ::= { docsQosGroups 4 } 

docsQosServiceClassGroup OBJECT-GROUP 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 72] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

    OBJECTS { 
    docsQosServiceClassStatus, 
    docsQosServiceClassPriority, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficRate, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst, 
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedRate, 
    docsQosServiceClassMinReservedPkt, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst, 
    docsQosServiceClassNomPollInterval, 
    docsQosServiceClassTolPollJitter, 
    docsQosServiceClassUnsolicitGrantSize, 
    docsQosServiceClassNomGrantInterval, 
    docsQosServiceClassTolGrantJitter, 
    docsQosServiceClassGrantsPerInterval, 
    docsQosServiceClassMaxLatency, 
    docsQosServiceClassActiveTimeout, 
    docsQosServiceClassAdmittedTimeout, 
    docsQosServiceClassSchedulingType, 
    docsQosServiceClassRequestPolicy, 
    docsQosServiceClassTosAndMask, 
    docsQosServiceClassTosOrMask, 
    docsQosServiceClassDirection 
    } 
    STATUS  current 
    DESCRIPTION 
        "The docsQosServiceClassTable objects. If a CMTS implements 
         expansion of Service Class Names in a QOS Parameter Set, 
         this group is mandatory on the CMTS. If the CMTS does not 
         support Service Class Names, this group may be unimplemented 
         in the CMTS. This group is not implemented on the CM. 
        " 
    ::= { docsQosGroups 5 } 

END 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 73] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

5.  References 

   [1]  Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An Architecture for 
        Describing SNMP Management Frameworks", RFC 2271, Cabletron 
        Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research, 
        January 1998 

   [2]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Structure and Identification of 
        Management Information for TCP/IP-based Internets", RFC 1155, 
        Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, May 1990 

   [3]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Concise MIB Definitions", RFC 1212, 
        Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, March 1991 

   [4]  M. Rose, "A Convention for Defining Traps for use with the SNMP", 
        RFC 1215, Performance Systems International, March 1991 

   [5]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Structure 
        of Management Information for Version 2 of the Simple Network 
        Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1902, SNMP Research,Inc., Cisco 
        Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network 
        Services, January 1996. 

   [6]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Textual 
        Conventions for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol 
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1903, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., 
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, 
        January 1996. 

   [7]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Conformance 
        Statements for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol 
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1904, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., 
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, 
        January 1996. 

   [8]  Case, J., Fedor, M., Schoffstall, M., and J. Davin, "Simple Network 
        Management Protocol", RFC 1157, SNMP Research, Performance Systems 
        International, Performance Systems International, MIT Laboratory 
        for Computer Science, May 1990. 

   [9]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, 
        "Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2", RFC 1901, SNMP Research, 
        Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., 
        International Network Services, January 1996. 

   [10] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Transport 
        Mappings for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol 
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1906, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., 
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, 
        January 1996. 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 74] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

   [11] Case, J., Harrington D., Presuhn R., and B. Wijnen, "Message 
        Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management 
        Protocol (SNMP)", RFC 2272, SNMP Research, Inc., Cabletron Systems, 
        Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998. 

   [12] Blumenthal, U., and B. Wijnen, "User-based Security Model (USM) for 
        version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)", RFC 
        2274, IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998. 

   [13] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser, "Protocol 
        Operations for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol 
        (SNMPv2)", RFC 1905, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., 
        Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services, 
        January 1996. 

   [14] Levi, D., Meyer, P., and B. Stewart, "SNMPv3 Applications", RFC 
        2273, SNMP Research, Inc., Secure Computing Corporation, Cisco 
        Systems, January 1998 

   [15] Wijnen, B., Presuhn, R., and K. McCloghrie, "View-based Access 
        Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management Protocol 
        (SNMP)", RFC 2275, IBM T. J. Watson Research, BMC Software, Inc., 
        Cisco Systems, Inc., January 1998 

   [16] " Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Cable Modem 
        Radio Frequency Interface Specification SP-RFIv1_1-I05-000714", DOCSIS, 
        March 1999, http://www.cablemodem.com <http://www.cablemodem.com> . 

   [17] L. Steinberg, "Techniques for Managing Asynchronously Generated 
        Alerts", RFC 1224, May 1991. 

   [18] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Operations 
        Support System Interface Specification RF Interface SP-OSSI-RF- 
        I02-980410", DOCSIS, April 1998, 
        http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ossi/sp-ossi.PDF <http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ossi/sp-ossi.PDF> . 

   [19] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement 
        Levels", RFC2119, Harvard University, March 1997 

   [20] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Baseline Privacy 
        Interface Specification SP-BPI-I01-970922", DOCSIS, September 1977, 
        http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ss/SP-BPI-I01- <http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ss/SP-BPI-I01->  
        970922.pdf 

   [21] "Cable Device Management Information Base for DOCSIS compliant Cable 
        Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems", RFC2669 

   [22] "Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management Information Base 
        for MCNS/DOCSIS compliant RF interfaces", RFC 2670 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 75] 

INTERNET-DRAFT<draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>   March 2001 

6.  Author's Address 

   Michael Patrick 
   Motorola Broadband Communications Sector 
   20 Cabot Blvd., MS M4-30 
   Mansfield, MA 02048 
   Phone: (508) 261-5707 
   Email: [email-masked] 

Expires September 2001                             [Page 76]

---

From: "Margo Dolas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:54:47 -0500

RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>With draft 07 or the RFC update, can
you also explicitly state that the docsQosPktClassPkts counter includes both
data packets and  MAC management messages?

Regards,
Margo Dolas
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Murwin William-LWM008
  Sent: Monday, 26 November, 2001 12:47 PM
  To: 'Margo Dolas'; Pollak, Lucy; 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked];
Murwin William-LWM008
  Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Patrick Michael-LZZ007
  Subject: RE: [ipcdn] RE: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

  Thank you for raising this topic. We agree there is some ambiguity to
unclassified data packets. With draft 07 or the RFC an update will be made
  to the description of docsQosServiceFlowPkts to include the following
sentence.

      "Unclassified upstream user data packets (i.e non MAC-management)
forwarded to the default upstream service flow should be
       incremented for this object."

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Margo Dolas [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 11:44 AM
    To: Pollak, Lucy; 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked]; William
Murwin

    Was there any resolution on the below email in draft 6?  Is the
resolution that docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets,
but docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. Is it correct that
unclassified data packets sent through the primary service flow will not be
counted by both counters?  Is this stated anywhere in draft 6?

    Regards,
    Margo Dolas
      -----Original Message-----
      From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Pollak, Lucy

      Michael.

        docsQosServiceFlowPkts OBJECT-TYPE
        ...
            DESCRIPTION    "The number of Packet Data PDUs classified to
this
                            service flow. This object does not count
MAC-specific
                            management messages.
                            CMs not classifying downstream packets may
report
                            this object's value as 0. "

      The classification process is also applied to the part of MAC-specific
management messages. Is the means of this clarification that
docsQosPktClassPkts counter counts all classified packets, but
docsQosServiceFlowPkts only classified data packets. What about unclassified
data packets sent through Primary SF. All of them will not be counted by
both counters. Is this correct?

      As the result of discussion about docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns you
need to review also its description. This counter also requires DS
classification. There are two proposals (one of them is yours):

          "CMs not classifying downstream packets may report this object's
value as 0. "

      2. The counter may be useful. It is proposed to count all unknown phs
for primary DS SF:

          "CMs not classifying downstream packets may count all these
packets together and report it for Primary downstream service flow."

      Regards.
      Lucy Pollak.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Michael W. Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]]
      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM
      To: [email-masked]
      Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
      [email-masked]
      Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

      -mike

                                   March 1, 2001

      Status of this Memo

         working documents of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF),
its

         Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six
months
         and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at
any
         time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
         material or to cite them other than as a "work in progress".

         The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
         http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

         The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
         http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

      Abstract

      Table of Contents

      Revision History

         Rev  Date               Description
         ---  --------           -----------
         -05  03/01/01           Functional Changes:
                                 - Changed default values of
                                   dosQosPktClassIpSourceMask and
                                   docsQosPktClassIpDestMask to
255.255.255.255.
                                 Editorial Changes:
                                 - Corrected ifDirection values in 2.1.
                                 - In section 2.2.2.1, clarified which
                                   packets/bytes are counted in
docsIfCmtsService-
                                   InPkts and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets.
                                 - Clarified description of
dosQosServiceFlowPkts
                                   to avoid requiring CMs to classify
downstream
                                   packets.
                                 - Clarified that
docsQosServiceFlowPHSUnknowns only
                                   applies to received packets.
                                 - Clarified that docsQosPktClassBitMap and
                                   docsQosParamSetBitMap indicate all
parameters for
                                   both adds and changes.

         -04  10/18/00           - Updated descriptions of UGS applicable
QOS
                                   param set objects.
                                 - Added two new docsQosPktClassBitMap bits
                                   and *renumbered* the bits.
                                 - Added docsQosServiceClassDirection

         -04  10/10/00           - Updated Overview to not mention
restriction
                                   to SnmpV1.
                                 - Updated most docsQosParamSet objects to
                                   clarify default and "not applicable"
values.
                                 - Add docsQosPktClassBitMap,
docsQosParamSetBitMap
                                 - Restore docsQosParamSetServiceClassName
                                 - Add 5 objects to
docsQosServiceFlowLogTable

         -04  10/01/00           - Move six objects from
docsQosServiceFlowTable
                                   back to docsQosParamSetTable.
                                 - Add DCC statistics
                                 - Removed notApplicable(256) from
                                   docsQosParamSetSchedulingType

      1.  Introduction

         This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to
the
         SNMP SMIv2[5][6][7].  The set of objects is consistent with the
SNMP
         framework and existing SNMP standards.

         This memo is a product of the IPCDN working group within the
Internet
         Engineering Task Force.  Comments are solicited and should be
         addressed to the working group's mailing list at [email-masked]
         and/or the author.

      1.1  Management Framework

         o   Mechanisms for describing and naming objects and events for the
             purpose of management. The first version of this Structure of
             Management Information (SMI) is called SMIv1 and described in
             RFC 1155 [2], RFC 1212 [3] and RFC 1215 [4]. The second
version,
             called SMIv2, is described in RFC 1902 [5], RFC 1903 [6] and
RFC
             1904 [7].

         o   A set of fundamental applications described in RFC 2273 [14]
and
             the view-based access control mechanism described in RFC 2275
             [15].

         Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store,
termed
         the Management Information Base or MIB.  Objects in the MIB are
         defined using the mechanisms defined in the SMI.

         readable information is not considered to change the semantics of
the
         MIB.

      1.2  Glossary

         Active QPS     Active Qos Parameter Set.  The set of QOS parameters
                        that describe the current level service provided to
a
                        Service Flow.

         Admitted QPS   Admitted Qos Parameter Set. The set of QOS
parameters
                        that describe a level of service which the Service
                        Flow is not currently using, but which it is
                        guaranteed to receive upon the SF's request to make
                        the set Active.

         CATV           Cable TV

         CM             Cable Modem, a modem connecting a subscriber's LAN
the
                        CATF RF network. DOCSIS CMs operate as a MAC layer
                        bridge between the home LAN and the RF network.

         CMTS           Cable Modem Termination System, the "head-end"
device
                        providing connectivity between the RF network and
the
                        Internet.

         DSD            Dynamic Service Delete, a DOCSIS MAC management
                        message requesting the deletion of a Service Flow.
SFs
                        are deleted with a two-message exchange of a DSD-REQ
                        and DSD-ACK.

         PHS            Payload Header Suppression, a feature of DOCSIS 1.1
in
                        which header bytes that are common in a sequence of
                        packets of a Service Flow are replaced by a one-byte
                        PHSI Index (PHSI) when transmitting the packet on
the
                        RF network.

         Provisioned QPS A QOS Parameter Set describing an envelope of
service

         SCN            Service Class Name -- a named set of QOS parameters.
                        A Service Flow may or may not be associated with a
                        single named Service Class.  A Service Class has as
an
                        attribute a Qos Parameter Set that is used as the
                        default set of values for all Service Flows
belonging
                        to the Service Class.

         SID            Service ID. A 16-bit integer assigned by the CMTS
for
                        an Upstream Service Flow with a non-empty Active QOS
                        Parameter Set.

      2.  Overview

         This MIB provides a set of objects required for the management of
         DOCSIS 1.1 compliant Cable Modems (CM) and Cable Modem Termination
         Systems (CMTS).  The specification is derived from the DOCSIS 1.1
         Radio Frequency Interface specification [16].   Please note that
the
         referenced DOCSIS standard only requires Cable Modems to process
IPv4
         customer traffic. Design choices in this MIB reflect those
         requirements.  Future versions of the DOCSIS standard are expected
to
         require support for IPv6 as well.

         The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
         "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in
this
         document are to be interpreted as described in [19].

      2.1  Textual Conventions

         includes all bits of the Ethernet MAC frame as transmitted on the
RF

      2.2  MIB Organization

         docsQosMIB
           docsQosMIBObjects
             docsQosPktClassTable
               docsQosPktClassEntry
                 docsQosPktClassId
                 docsQosPktClassDirection
                 docsQosPktClassPriority
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosLow
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosMask

                 docsQosParamSetType

                 docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
                 docsQosCmtsIfIndex

         The docsQosPktClassTable reports the Service Flow Classifiers
         implemented by the managed device. The table is indexed by the
tuple
         { ifIndex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId }.  The ifIndex
         corresponds to an CATV MAC interface.  Each CATV MAC interfaces has
a
         set of Service Flows, identified with a docsQosServiceFlowId value
         that is unique for that interface. Each service flow may have a
         number of packet classifiers that map packets to the flow. The
         ClassiferId for the classifier is unique only within a particular
         service flow.

         The semantics of packet classification are provided in [16].
Briefly,
         the DOCSIS MAC interface calls for matching packets based on values
         within the 802.2 (LLC), 802.3, IP, and/or  UDP/TCP headers.
Packets
         which map more than one classifier are prioritized according to
their
         docsQosPktClassPriority value. The docsQosServiceFlowId (an index
         object) indicates to which service flow the packet is classified.

         The docsQosPktClassTable is distinct from the docsDevIpFilterTable
of

                               +---------------------+
                               | Provisioned         |
                               |                     |
                               |  +---------------+  |
                               |  |  Admitted     |  |
                               |  |               |  |
                               |  |  +---------+  |  |
                               |  |  |  Active |  |  |
                               |  |  |         |  |  |
                               |  |  +---------+  |  |
                               |  |               |  |
                               |  +---------------+  |
                               |                     |
                               +---------------------+

         The Provisioned QPS describes the maximum service envelope for
which
         the SF is authorized. The Admitted QPS is the set of services for
         which a service flow has requested admission to the DOCSIS RF
         network, but which is not yet active. The Admitted QPS is used
during
         the two-phase process of IP Telephony service flow admission to
admit
         the bandwidth for a bidirectional voice call when the far end is
         ringing.  Since ringing may occur for up to four minutes, this
         permits the bandwidth to be reserved but not actually consumed
during
         this interval.  The Active QPS is the set of services actually
being
         used by the Service Flow. The DOCSIS v1.1 specification [16]
defines
         what it means for a QPS envelope to be "within" another.  In
general,
         an inner QPS is considered to be "within" an outer QPS when all QOS
         parameters represent demands of equal or fewer resources of the
         network.

         In addition to their use as attributes of a Service Flow, a QPS is
         also an attribute of a Service Class.  A DOCSIS CM configuration
file
         or DSA message may request the creation of a new SF and give only
the
         Service Class Name. The CMTS "expands the macro" of a Service Class
         Name creation by populating the Provisioned, Admitted, and/or
Active
         QPSs of the Service Flow with the QPS of the Service Class Name.
All
         of the QPSs of a Service Flow must be expansions of the same
Service
         Class, and in this case the SF is said to "belong" to the Service
         Class.  Changing the contents of a Service Class' QPS does not
affect
         the QPS of any Service Flow earlier expanded from that Service
Class
         name. Only the CMTS implements docsQosServiceClassTable.

         See [16] section 8 for a full description and the theory of
operation
         of Docsis 1.1 QOS operation.

         The docsQosParamSetTable is read-only, because it indicates the Qos
         Parameter Set contents as defined by DOCSIS signalling. The
         docsQosServiceClassTable is read-create to permit managers to
define
         a template of Qos Parameters that can be referenced by DOCSIS
modems
         when creating their Qos Parameter Sets.

         The DOCSIS 1.0 DOCS-IF-MIB [22] specifies a docsIfQosProfileTable
to
         describe the set of Class Of Service (COS) parameters associated
with
         a COS "profile". The docsIfCmServiceTable, which contains one entry
         per SID, references this table with a  docsIfCmServiceQosProfile
         number.

         The DOCSIS 1.1 CM registration process allows a modem to register
as
         operating either with DOCSIS 1.0 or DOCSIS 1.1 functionality.  For
         ease of expression, we call a modem registering with DOCSIS 1.0
         functionality a "DOCSIS 1.0 modem", regardless of the modem's
         capabilities.

         interoperation goal is that before modem registration, the DOCSIS
1.0

           1.  When a CM initially ranges, both the CM and CMTS implement a
               row in DOCS-IF-MIB docsIfQosProfileTable and
               docsIfCmServiceTable corresponding to the default upstream
               Service ID  (SID) used for  pre-registration upstream
traffic.
               The docsIfQosProfileTable row may be either exclusively
               referenced by the docsIfCmServiceTable row for the CM or, as
is
               likely, multiply-referenced by several docsIfCmServiceTable
               rows.

               docsIfCmServiceTable row for the DOCSIS 1.1 modem continues
to

           5.  At the CMTS, the Docsis 1.0 MIB objects
               docsIfCmtsServiceInPackets and docsIfCmtsServiceInOctets for
a
               SID assigned to a Docsis 1.1 modem count only the pre-
               registration packets/bytes of those modems.

         The docsQosServiceFlowTable provides read-only information about
all

         basic packet and octet counters, as well as certain other
SF-specific

         admission control decisions, namely the number of packets dropped
or
         delayed due to QOS policing decisions enforced by the managed
device.

         This table provides statistics that are measured only at the CMTS
in
         the upstream direction. These include a count of the number of
         fragmentation headers received, fragments discarded, and the number
         of concatenation headers received.

         layer interface. That is, each Docsis MAC layer interface has one
row

         number of DSA-REQ messages transmitted by the CMTS on that
interface.

         Dynamic service transactions can fail for a number of reasons, as
         listed in the state machines of section 9.4. Rather than include
         still more counters for each different failure reason, they are
         grouped into a single count, e.g docsQosDynamicAddFails.  Again,
this
         object exists in both directions, so that locally originated vs
         remotely originated transaction failures are counted separately.
         Further troubleshooting of transaction failures will require
vendor-
         specific queries and operation.

         This table contains a log of the Service Flows no longer existing
in
         the docsQosServiceFlowTable. It is intended to be periodically
polled
         by traffic monitoring and billing agents. It is implemented only at
         the CMTS.

         It contains a chronlogical log of SF session statistics, including
a
         total count of packets and octets transferred on the SF.  It
includes
         time stamps of the SF creation and deletion time, as well as its
         number of active seconds. The active second count is the count of
         seconds that the SF had a non-empty Active Qos Parameter Set, i.e.
it
         was eligible to pass data.  For unicast SFs, it includes the CM MAC
         address associated with the flow for billing reference purposes.

         The maximum number of log records kept by a CMTS, and the duration
         that a log record is maintained in the table is vendor-specific.
An
         explicit control object is provided so that the monitoring
         application can explicitly delete records it has read.

         This table defines the Service Class Name and references a Qos
         Parameter Set for each Service Class defined in a CMTS.  It is
         indexed by the Service Class Name string itself.  The table is
read-
         create on a CMTS, and is not implemented in a CM.  Each entry of
the
         docsQosServiceClassTable should define a template for flows in a
         given direction (upstream or downstream). Some parameters of the
         docsQosServiceClassTable are specific to a particular direction,
and
         so their values are not-applicable when used as a template for
flows
         in the other direction.

         classifies packets to a named Service Class. This is one mechanism
by
         small integer docsQosServiceClassPolicyIndex.  They provide a
Service

         This table is implemented on both the CM and CMTS, and is
read-create
         on both.

      2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable

         The Payload Header Suppression (PHS) feature of DOCSIS 1.1 permits
         packets to replace the unchanging bytes of the Ethernet, IP, and
UDP
         headers with a one-byte index when transmitting on the cable
network.
         This is especially useful for IP Telephony packets, where such
         suppression can result in almost twice the number of calls
supported
         within the same upstream channel.

         Each entry of the table corresponds to a PHS Rule as described in
         section 8.4 of [16].  The rules are identified by their
corresponding
         service flow ID and docsQosPktClassId. A PHS rule is associated
with
         exactly one classifier.  The table is therefore indexed by the
tuple
         { ifINdex, docsQosServiceFlowId, docsQosPktClassId}.

         The docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable provides describes the mapping of
CM

         Docsis 1.1 provides rich semantics for the classification of
packets
         to service flows with it Service Flow Classifier table. Service
Flow
         Classifiers may be created statically in the DOCSIS CM
configuration
         file, or may be created dynamically with Dynamic Service Addition
         (DSA) and Dynamic Service Change (DSC) DOCSIS MAC messages.

         Several major issues arose with the concept of externally
         administered classification, i.e. should an external SNMP manager
be
         permitted to create classification rows? One problem was the co-
         ordination of classifier IDs, since such an approach would require
         either separate classifier ID number spaces or objects to
co-ordinate
         both internal and external classifier ID assignments.  A more
serious
         problem, however, was the requirement that external creation of SF
         Classifiers would require "knowledge" of the individual Service
Flow

         ID for service flows by external applications.  It was strongly
felt
         by the committee that SFIDs should remain an internal Docsis
object,
         and not be transmitted as part of protocol flows, e.g. for IP
packet
         telephony signalling.  Docsis 1.1 introduced the concept of named
         Service Classes for ease of administration within a domain of CMs
and
         CMTSs.  What was desired was to permit external classification of
         packets to a Service Class, not a particular Service Flow.

         The DOCSIS committee therefore decided to use the already-defined
IP
         Packet Filter Table [21] for the external classification of packets
         for QOS purposes.  The docsDevIpPacketFilterTable defines similar
         packet matching criteria as docsQosPktClassTable, but it matches a
         packet to an arbitrary "policy set" instead of a particular Service
         Flow. One of the policies in the policy set then selects the
Service
         Class of the SF on which to forward the packet.  The
         docsQosServiceClassPolicyTable of this MIB defines the Service
Class
         Name to which a packet is classified.

                    |
                    |  Outbound Pkt
                    V
ServiceClassPolicyRulePriority

                2.  The docsDevFilterPolicyId indexes into one (or more)
rows
                    of docsDevFilterPolicyTable. Each row provides an
                    arbitrary RowPointer (docsDevFilterPolicyPtr),
                    corresponding to a policy to be applied to the packet.

                    order to administratively classify packets to a named
                    DOCSIS Service Class.  The
docsQosServiceClassPolicyEntry
                    provides a Service Class Name (SCN) as
                    docsQosServiceClassPolicyName and a classification rule
                    priority as docsQosServiceClassPolicyRulePriority. These
                    are submitted to the device's Docsis MAC Layer entity as
a
                    special form of the MAC_DATA.request primitive, as
                    described in Section E.2.1 of [16].

                6.  In the event of a conflict between the SCN-determined
SFID

              By convention (in [16]), the "internal"
docsQosPktClassPriority
              values should be in the range of 64-191, while the "external"
              priorities may be either in the range 192-255 to override the
              internal classification or the range 0-63 to be overriden by
              internal classification.

              This classification mechanism applies both upstream from the
CM
              and downstream from the CMTS.

      4.  Definitions

      IMPORTS
          MODULE-IDENTITY,
          OBJECT-TYPE,
          Integer32,
          Counter32,
          IpAddress,
          Unsigned32
            FROM SNMPv2-SMI

          TEXTUAL-CONVENTION,
          MacAddress,
          RowStatus,
          TruthValue,
          DisplayString,
          TimeStamp
            FROM SNMPv2-TC

          OBJECT-GROUP,
          MODULE-COMPLIANCE
            FROM SNMPv2-CONF

          ifIndex,
          InterfaceIndex
            FROM IF-MIB

          docsIfMib
            FROM DOCS-IF-MIB;

          DESCRIPTION

      -- Textual Conventions

      SchedulingType ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "The scheduling service provided by a CMTS for an
                          upstream service flow. If the parameter is omitted
                          from an upstream QOS Parameter Set, this object
takes
                          the value of bestEffort (2). This parameter must
be
                          reported as undefined (1) for downstream QOS
Parameter
                          Sets."

          SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                            undefined (1),
                            bestEffort (2),

      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
-

                          in the classifier as signalled in the DOCSIS
message.

                  docsQosServiceFlowId,
                  docsQosPktClassId
                }

                           in a classifier, this object reports the default
value

0."

0."

0."

                          The value 256 matches traffic with any IP Protocol
                          value. The value 257 by convention matches both
TCP
                          and UDP.

258."

                          255.255.255.255."

0."

0."

which
                           a packet is compared.

                          }
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

0.

                          "

                          If the Ethernet frame contains an 802.1P/Q Tag
header
                          (i.e. EtherType 0x8100), this object applies to
the
                          embedded EtherType field within the 802.1P/Q
header.

                          Tagged Ethernet packets must have a 3-bit
                          Priority field within the range of
                          docsQosPktClassPriLow and docsQosPktClassPriHigh
in
                          order to match this rule.

                          Only the least significant 12 bits of this
object's
                          value are valid.

          DESCRIPTION    "This object indicates whether or not the
classifier
                          is enabled to classify packets to a Service Flow.

          SYNTAX          BITS {              -- Reference
SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714
                          "This object indicates which parameter encodings
were

                          A bit of of this object is set to 1 if the
parameter

                          indicated by the comment was present in the
classifier
                          encoding, and 0 otherwise.

                          Note that BITS are encoded most significant bit
                          first, so that if e.g. bits 6 and 7 are set, this
object
                          is encoded as the octet string '030000'H.
                         "
          ::= { docsQosPktClassEntry 27 }

                          The docsQosServiceFlowId index specifies a
particular

                          Each row corresponds to a DOCSIS QOS Parameter Set
                          as signaled via DOCSIS MAC management messages.
                          Each object in the row corresponds to one or
                          part of one DOCSIS 1.1 Service Flow Encoding.
                          The docsQosParamSetBitMap object in the row
indicates
                          which particular parameters were signalled in
                          the original registration or dynamic service
                          request message that created the QOS Parameter
Set.

                          In many cases, even if a QOS Parameter Set
parameter
                          was not signalled, the DOCSIS specification calls
                          for a default value to be used. That default value
                          is reported as the value of the corresponding
object
                          in this row.

      --    with revision -03

default

default

                          data PDU from the bytes following the MAC header
HCS to

default

default

                          If this parameter is not applicable, it is
reported
                          as 0.
                         "
          REFERENCE      "SP-RFIv1.1-I05-000714, Appendix C.2.2.5.4"
          ::= { docsQosParamSetEntry 7 }

default

default

default

      --  Changed type of  docsQosParamSetRequestPolicy {
docsQosParamSetEntry 14 }
      --    to docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct { docsQosParamSetEntry 25 }

      docsQosParamSetTosAndMask OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(1))
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "Specifies the AND mask for IP TOS byte for
overwriting
                          IP packets TOS value.  The IP packets TOS byte is
                          bitwise ANDed with docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                          result is bitwise ORed with
docsQosParamSetTosORMask
                          and result is written to IP packet TOS byte.
                          A value of 'FF'H for docsQosParamSetTosAndMask and
                          a value of '00'H for docsQosParamSetTosOrMask
means
                          that IP Packet TOS byte is not overwritten.

                          not applicable to upstream DOCSIS QOS Parameter
Sets,

                          by the Docsis MAC domain for use by the service
flow.

      docsQosParamSetRequestPolicyOct OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE(4))
                          -- A 32-bit mask represented most significant byte
                          -- first. The 32 bit integer represented in this
manner
                          -- equals the binary value of the referenced
integer
                          -- parameter of the DOCSIS RFI specification.
                          -- The BITS syntax is not used in order to avoid
                          -- the confusion caused by different bit numbering
                          -- conventions.
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "Specifies which transmit interval opportunities
                          the CM omits for upstream transmission requests
and
                          packet transmissions. This object takes its
                          default value for downstream service flows.

                          broadcastReqOpp(0):

                          priorityReqMulticastReq(1):
                               priority request multicast request
opportunities

                          reqDataForReq(3):

                          reqDataForData(4):

                          concatenateData(5):
                               concatenate data

                          fragmentData(6):
                               fragment data

                          dropPktsExceedUGSize(8):

                                      -- from SP-RFI-v1.1-I05-000714,
Appendix C

          STATUS          current
                          message that created or modified the QOS Parameter
Set.

                         "

          INDEX {
                  ifIndex,
                  docsQosServiceFlowId
                }

          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "Object reflects whether service flow is the
primary
                          or a secondary service flow.

the

          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
                          service flow. This object does not count
MAC-specific

      docsQosServiceFlowOctets OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of octets transmitted on the Docsis RF
network
                          from the byte after the MAC header HCS to the end
                          of the CRC for all packets counted in the
                          docsQosServiceFlowPkts object for this row. Note
that
                          this counts the octets after payload header
suppression
                          has been applied. CMs not classifying to a
downstream
                          service flow may report this object's value as 0
for that
                          flow. "
          ::= { docsQosServiceFlowStatsEntry 2 }

          STATUS          current

      docsQosUpstreamStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          DocsQosUpstreamStatsEntry
          MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of upstream service flow
statistics.
                           An entry in the table exists for each
                           upstream Service Flow in a managed device.
                           The ifIndex is an ifType of
docsCableMaclayer(127)."
          INDEX {
                  ifIndex,
                  docsQosSID
                }
          ::= { docsQosUpstreamStatsTable 1 }

      docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE

the

      docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          DocsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry
          MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "Describes a set of dynamic service flow
statistics.

                           Two entries exist for each Docsis mac layer
                           interface for the upstream and downstream
direction.
                           On the CMTS, the downstream direction row
indicates
                           messages transmitted or transactions originated
                           by the CMTS. The upstream direction row indicates
                           messages received or transaction originated by
the
                           CM. On the CM, the downstream direction row
                           indicates messages received or transactions
                           originated by the CMTS. The upstream direction
                           row indicates messages transmitted by the CM or
                           transactions originated by the CM.
                           The ifIndex is an ifType of
docsCableMaclayer(127)."
          INDEX {
                  ifIndex,
                  docsQosIfDirection
                }
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsTable 1 }

          STATUS          current

      docsQosDSAAcks OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Addition
Acknowledgements."
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 4 }

      docsQosDSCAcks OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Service Change
Acknowlegements."
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 7 }

          DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Request
messages

      docsQosDCCRsps OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change Response
messages
              traversing an interface. This count is nonzero only on
upstream
              direction rows."
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 17 }

          DESCRIPTION    "The number of Dynamic Channel Change
Acknowledgement

      docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of successful Dynamic Channel Change
              transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream
direction
              rows."
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 19 }

      docsQosDCCFails OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The number of failed Dynamic Channel Change
              transactions. This count is nonzero only on downstream
direction
              rows."
          ::= { docsQosDynamicServiceStatsEntry 20 }

          SYNTAX          Unsigned32 (1..4294967295)
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The index assigned to the service flow by the
CMTS."
          ::= {  docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 3 }

      docsQosServiceFlowLogCmMac OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          MacAddress
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "The MAC address for the cable modem associated
with
                           the service flow."
          ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 4 }

          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

      -- docsQosServiceFlowLogControl was formerly {
docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 10}
      -- and was renumbered in version -04.

      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDropPkts OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The final value of
docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts
                          for the service flow."
          ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  14}

      docsQosServiceFlowLogPolicedDelayPkts OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "The final value of
docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts
                          for the service flow."
          ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry  15}

                           active(1),
                           destroy(6)
                          }

          MAX-ACCESS      read-write
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION    "Setting this object to the value destroy(6)
removes
                          this entry from the table.
                          Reading this object return the value active(1)."
          ::= { docsQosServiceFlowLogEntry 16}

                      creates or modifies an Admitted QOS Parameter Set for
a
                      affect the QOS Parameter Set values of any service
flows
                      already admitted.

          SYNTAX          Unsigned32
          UNITS           "microseconds"
          MAX-ACCESS      read-create
          STATUS          current

          SYNTAX          IfDirection
          MAX-ACCESS      read-create
          STATUS          current

          STATUS          current

      docsQosPHSEntry OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          DocsQosPHSEntry
          MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "A payload header suppression entry.
                           The ifIndex is an ifType of
docsCableMaclayer(127).

      --
      -- docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable (CMTS Only)
      --
      docsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowTable OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF DocsQosCmtsMacToSrvFlowEntry
          MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "This table provide for referencing the service
flows
                           associated with a particular cable modem. This
allows
                           for indexing into other docsQos tables that are
                           indexed by docsQosServiceFlowId and ifIndex."
          ::= { docsQosMIBObjects 11 }

      docsQosCmtsIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          InterfaceIndex
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current
          DESCRIPTION     "The ifIndex of ifType docsCableMacLayter(127)
                           on the CMTS that is connected to the Cable
Modem."

          MODULE  -- docsQosMIB

              GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup
              DESCRIPTION

              GROUP docsQosParamSetGroup
              DESCRIPTION
                  "This group is mandatory for Cable Modem Termination
                   Systems (CMTS) and Cable Modems. Cable modems only
implement
                   objects in this group as read-only."

              DESCRIPTION

          docsQosServiceFlowSID,

          docsQosDSAReqs,
          docsQosDSARsps,
          docsQosDSAAcks,
          docsQosDSCReqs,
          docsQosDSCRsps,

          docsQosDSCAcks,
          docsQosDSDReqs,
          docsQosDSDRsps,
          docsQosDynamicAdds,
          docsQosDynamicAddFails,
          docsQosDynamicChanges,

          docsQosPHSField,
          docsQosPHSMask,
          docsQosPHSSize,
          docsQosPHSVerify,
          docsQosPHSIndex
          }
          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          }
          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          OBJECTS {

      END

      5.  References

         [1]  Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An Architecture
for
              Describing SNMP Management Frameworks", RFC 2271, Cabletron
              Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research,
              January 1998

         [2]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Structure and Identification of
              Management Information for TCP/IP-based Internets", RFC 1155,
              Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, May
1990

         [3]  Rose, M., and K. McCloghrie, "Concise MIB Definitions", RFC
1212,
              Performance Systems International, Hughes LAN Systems, March
1991

         [4]  M. Rose, "A Convention for Defining Traps for use with the
SNMP",
              RFC 1215, Performance Systems International, March 1991

         [5]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Structure
              of Management Information for Version 2 of the Simple Network
              Management Protocol (SNMPv2)", RFC 1902, SNMP Research,Inc.,
Cisco
              Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International
Network
              Services, January 1996.

         [6]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Textual
              Conventions for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management
Protocol
              (SNMPv2)", RFC 1903, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
              Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
              January 1996.

         [7]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Conformance
              Statements for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management
Protocol
              (SNMPv2)", RFC 1904, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
              Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
              January 1996.

         [8]  Case, J., Fedor, M., Schoffstall, M., and J. Davin, "Simple
Network
              Management Protocol", RFC 1157, SNMP Research, Performance
Systems
              International, Performance Systems International, MIT
Laboratory
              for Computer Science, May 1990.

         [9]  Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
              "Introduction to Community-based SNMPv2", RFC 1901, SNMP
Research,
              Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dover Beach Consulting, Inc.,
              International Network Services, January 1996.

         [10] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Transport
              Mappings for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management
Protocol
              (SNMPv2)", RFC 1906, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
              Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
              January 1996.

         [11] Case, J., Harrington D., Presuhn R., and B. Wijnen, "Message
              Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
              Protocol (SNMP)", RFC 2272, SNMP Research, Inc., Cabletron
Systems,
              Inc., BMC Software, Inc., IBM T. J. Watson Research, January
1998.

         [12] Blumenthal, U., and B. Wijnen, "User-based Security Model
(USM) for
              version 3 of the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)",
RFC
              2274, IBM T. J. Watson Research, January 1998.

         [13] Case, J., McCloghrie, K., Rose, M., and S. Waldbusser,
"Protocol
              Operations for Version 2 of the Simple Network Management
Protocol
              (SNMPv2)", RFC 1905, SNMP Research, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc.,
              Dover Beach Consulting, Inc., International Network Services,
              January 1996.

         [14] Levi, D., Meyer, P., and B. Stewart, "SNMPv3 Applications",
RFC
              2273, SNMP Research, Inc., Secure Computing Corporation, Cisco
              Systems, January 1998

         [15] Wijnen, B., Presuhn, R., and K. McCloghrie, "View-based Access
              Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network Management
Protocol
              (SNMP)", RFC 2275, IBM T. J. Watson Research, BMC Software,
Inc.,
              Cisco Systems, Inc., January 1998

         [16] " Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Cable
Modem
              Radio Frequency Interface Specification
SP-RFIv1_1-I05-000714", DOCSIS,
              March 1999, http://www.cablemodem.com.

         [17] L. Steinberg, "Techniques for Managing Asynchronously
Generated
              Alerts", RFC 1224, May 1991.

         [18] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Operations
              Support System Interface Specification RF Interface
SP-OSSI-RF-
              I02-980410", DOCSIS, April 1998,
              http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ossi/sp-ossi.PDF.

         [19] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
Requirement
              Levels", RFC2119, Harvard University, March 1997

         [20] "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications: Baseline
Privacy
              Interface Specification SP-BPI-I01-970922", DOCSIS, September
1977,
              http://www.cablemodem.com/public/pubtechspec/ss/SP-BPI-I01-
              970922.pdf

         [21] "Cable Device Management Information Base for DOCSIS compliant
Cable
              Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems", RFC2669

      6.  Author's Address

         Michael Patrick

---

From: "Margo Dolas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:54:47 -0500

Regards,
Margo Dolas

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Margo Dolas [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 11:44 AM
    To: Pollak, Lucy; 'Michael W. Patrick'; [email-masked]; William
Murwin

    Regards,
    Margo Dolas
      -----Original Message-----

      Michael.

      Regards.
      Lucy Pollak.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Michael W. Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]]
      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:09 PM
      To: [email-masked]
      Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
      [email-masked]
      Subject: <draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-05.txt>

      -mike

                                   March 1, 2001

      Status of this Memo

      Abstract

      Table of Contents

      Revision History

         Rev  Date               Description
         ---  --------           -----------

      1.  Introduction

      1.1  Management Framework

      1.2  Glossary

         CATV           Cable TV

      2.  Overview

      2.1  Textual Conventions

      2.2  MIB Organization

         docsQosMIB
           docsQosMIBObjects
             docsQosPktClassTable
               docsQosPktClassEntry
                 docsQosPktClassId
                 docsQosPktClassDirection
                 docsQosPktClassPriority
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosLow
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosHigh
                 docsQosPktClassIpTosMask

                 docsQosParamSetType

                 docsQosCmtsServiceFlowId
                 docsQosCmtsIfIndex

                               +---------------------+
                               | Provisioned         |
                               |                     |
                               |  +---------------+  |
                               |  |  Admitted     |  |
                               |  |               |  |
                               |  |  +---------+  |  |
                               |  |  |  Active |  |  |
                               |  |  |         |  |  |
                               |  |  +---------+  |  |
                               |  |               |  |
                               |  +---------------+  |
                               |                     |
                               +---------------------+

      2.2.10  docsQosPHSTable

                    |
                    |  Outbound Pkt
                    V

      4.  Definitions

      IMPORTS
          MODULE-IDENTITY,
          OBJECT-TYPE,
          Integer32,
          Counter32,
          IpAddress,
          Unsigned32
            FROM SNMPv2-SMI

          TEXTUAL-CONVENTION,
          MacAddress,
          RowStatus,
          TruthValue,
          DisplayString,
          TimeStamp
            FROM SNMPv2-TC

          OBJECT-GROUP,
          MODULE-COMPLIANCE
            FROM SNMPv2-CONF

          ifIndex,
          InterfaceIndex
            FROM IF-MIB

          docsIfMib
            FROM DOCS-IF-MIB;

          DESCRIPTION

      -- Textual Conventions

          SYNTAX          INTEGER {
                            undefined (1),
                            bestEffort (2),

                  docsQosServiceFlowId,
                  docsQosPktClassId
                }

                          255.255.255.255."

                          }
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

                          "

      --    with revision -03

                          broadcastReqOpp(0):

                          reqDataForReq(3):

                          reqDataForData(4):

                          concatenateData(5):
                               concatenate data

                          fragmentData(6):
                               fragment data

                          dropPktsExceedUGSize(8):

          STATUS          current

                         "

          INDEX {
                  ifIndex,
                  docsQosServiceFlowId
                }

          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

          STATUS          current

      docsQosSID OBJECT-TYPE

          STATUS          current

      docsQosDCCs OBJECT-TYPE
          SYNTAX          Counter32
          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

          MAX-ACCESS      read-only
          STATUS          current

                           active(1),
                           destroy(6)
                          }

          MAX-ACCESS      read-write
          STATUS          current

          SYNTAX          Unsigned32
          UNITS           "microseconds"
          MAX-ACCESS      read-create
          STATUS          current

          SYNTAX          IfDirection
          MAX-ACCESS      read-create
          STATUS          current

          STATUS          current

          MODULE  -- docsQosMIB

              GROUP docsQosCmtsGroup
              DESCRIPTION

              DESCRIPTION

          docsQosServiceFlowSID,

          docsQosDSAReqs,
          docsQosDSARsps,
          docsQosDSAAcks,
          docsQosDSCReqs,
          docsQosDSCRsps,

          docsQosDSCAcks,
          docsQosDSDReqs,
          docsQosDSDRsps,
          docsQosDynamicAdds,
          docsQosDynamicAddFails,
          docsQosDynamicChanges,

          docsQosPHSField,
          docsQosPHSMask,
          docsQosPHSSize,
          docsQosPHSVerify,
          docsQosPHSIndex
          }
          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          }
          STATUS  current
          DESCRIPTION

          OBJECTS {

      END

      5.  References

      6.  Author's Address

         Michael Patrick