Subject: RE: [ipcdn] IPCDN meeting minutes from Salt Lake City

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:20:18 -0800

Hi,

Regarding the following statement from the Salt Lake meeting minutes:

1. The editors would like to change the permissible range of
docsIfUpChannelActiveCodes, and exclude all non-primes. Is it too late to
do this? Dave will follow up with mail to the IPCDN reflector.

I have submitted an updated version of the RF mib draft, containing the
following modifications to the definition and compliance statement sections:

docsIfUpChannelScdmaActiveCodes  OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX     Unsigned32 (0 | 64..128)
        MAX-ACCESS read-write
        STATUS     current
        DESCRIPTION
            "Applicable for SCDMA channel types only.
             Number of active codes. Returns zero for
             Non-SCDMA channel types. Note that legal 
             values from 64..128 MUST be non-prime."
        REFERENCE
            "Document [25] from References, Section 6.2.11.2.1."
        ::= { docsIfUpstreamChannelEntry 11 }

OBJECT  docsIfUpChannelScdmaActiveCodes
        MIN-ACCESS  read-only
        DESCRIPTION
            "This object is always read-only in Cable Modems. The number of
active
 codes when SCDMA is in use must range from 64 to 128, and must be a non-
 Prime value. Providing this range allows for the following features and
 capabilities:
 1) Power management in S-CDMA spreader-on frames (with a 3 dB spread)
 2) Avoidance of code 0
             3) Flexible minislot sizes with and without the use of code 0"

Regards,
Dave

************************************
David Raftus
Imedia Semiconductor
340 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 202
Ottawa Canada  K2K 3A2

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222
************************************               

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Woundy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN meeting minutes from Salt Lake City

Folks,

Could you verify the IPCDN meeting minutes below by December 28? I believe
that I need to submit the completed minutes by January 4 for inclusion in
the IETF proceedings.

I would especially like to thank Jason Schnitzer for taking notes at the
meeting, and Andrew Valentine for running the meeting in my absence (with
only a few hours notice).

Happy holidays!

-- Rich

IETF IPCDN Meeting
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
December 10, 2001

Reported by Jason Schnitzer ([email-masked])

WG Meeting Summary
------------------

Approximately 30 members of the IP over Cable Data Networks WG met at the
Salt Lake City IETF on December 10, 2001. The WG discussed the status of
its work items as well as the ongoing charter revision. Special attention
was paid in the meeting to the new DOCSIS 2.0 specification and its impact
on the DOCSIS RF MIB (RFC2670). Three internet-drafts completed working
group last-call, and two internet-drafts started working group last-call at
the meeting. Since the last IETF meeting, the WG has submitted five updates
to existing internet-drafts. Total meeting time was about one hour.

Based on the WG discussion, the chairs will forward the draft "Application
of the IGMP MIB to DOCSIS 1.1"
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-03.txt> to
the IESG, followed shortly by the "DOCSIS QoS MIB" and "DOCSIS Subscriber
Management MIB" drafts. The latter drafts have some small fixes to address
minor concerns raised in last-call.

WG Status and Charter Revision
------------------------------

The working group quickly reviewed the overall status of work items in the
working group. Three internet-drafts (Application of the IGMP MIB to DOCSIS
1.1, DOCSIS QoS MIB, and DOCSIS Subscriber Management MIB) completed
working group last-calls by the date of the meeting, and two additional
internet-drafts (DOCSIS RF MIB for DOCSIS 2.0, DOCSIS BPI+ MIB) started
working group last-calls at the meeting.

The co-chairs have been formulating and proposing significant changes to
the WG charter, with updated milestones. The charter is currently under
evaluation by our Area Directors. There were no comments from the working
group on these issues.

DOCSIS 2.0 and RFC2670 (RF Interface MIB)
------------------------------------------

The majority of the working group meeting focused on the DOCSIS 2.0
discussion. David Raftus and Aviv Goren presented the DOCSIS 2.0
technology, and reported on its impacts on the DOCSIS RF Interface MIB
(RFC2670). There were a number of questions from the working group, but
limited controversy. The following discussion items were noted:

1. The editors would like to change the permissible range of
docsIfUpChannelActiveCodes, and exclude all non-primes. Is it too late to
do this? Dave will follow up with mail to the IPCDN reflector.

2. A question surrounding the co-existence of IPv4/v6 in the
CmtsCmStatusTable. What will this look like in a mixed v4/v6 network?

3. Dave discussed the co-existence strategy and the integration of the
DOCS-IF-EXT-MIB originally from the DOCSIS Event Notification MIB,
draft-ietf-ipcdn-docsisevent-mib-01.

The working group will attempt to resolve these issues during the last-call
period, which started at this meeting.

DOCSIS Usage of RFC2933 MIB
----------------------------

The working group quickly reviewed the minor changes in
draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-03.txt, which were the result of comments from
the working group last-call. There were no objections from the working
group with respect to designation as an informational RFC.

DOCSIS 1.1 QoS MIB
------------------

The working group quickly reviewed draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-06.txt (in
last-call), and the proposed response to the last-call comment about
ambiguity in the counting of unclassified data packets. There were no
objections from the working group.

DOCSIS Subscriber Management MIB
--------------------------------

The working group quickly reviewed draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-04.txt
(in last-call), and the proposed re-homing of the MIB for version -05 to
prevent OID conflicts with previous versions of this MIB (version -02 has
been deployed as part of DOCSIS 1.1 certification). There were no
objections from the working group.

BPI+ MIB
--------

The working group quickly reviewed draft-ietf-ipcdn-bpiplus-mib-06.txt (in
last-call), and reviewed two last-call issues: the mapping of BPI+ dynamic
SAIDs to BPI static SAIDs, and the algorithm for choosing the matching row
in docsBpi2CmtsIpMulticastMapTable. There were no objections from the
working group.

Other MIBs (DOCSIS 1.1 Notifications, Cable Device MIB, Euromodem MIBs)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The working group reviewed the status of the Euromodem MIBs (need
conversion to an appropriate archival form due to lack of implementation),
the DOCSIS Event Notification MIB (resolve overlap with latest DOCSIS RF
Interface MIB and get to last call), and the updated Cable Device MIB
(resolve a number of technical issues). Some members of the working group
had comments on the Cable Device MIB, but since the author was not present
(he left the IETF meeting early due to a family emergency), these issues
will be discussed on the IPCDN reflector.

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:20:18 -0800

Hi,

Regards,
Dave

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Woundy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] IPCDN meeting minutes from Salt Lake City

Folks,

Happy holidays!

-- Rich

IETF IPCDN Meeting
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
December 10, 2001

WG Meeting Summary
------------------

DOCSIS 1.1 QoS MIB
------------------

BPI+ MIB
--------