Subject: [ipcdn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 07:13:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management Information 
                          Base for DOCSIS 2.0 compliant RF interfaces
	Author(s)	: A. Goren, D. Raftus
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt
	Pages		: 85
	Date		: 11-Jun-02
	
This memo is a draft revision of the standards track RFC-2670. 
Please see 'Section 9 Changes from RFC2670' for a description of modifications.   
This document or its successor will obsolete RFC-2670 when accepted. 
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) 
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community. 
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP- 
based management of DOCSIS compliant Radio Frequency (RF) interfaces. 
This memo specifies a MIB module in a manner that is compliant to the 
SNMP SMIv2 [5][6][7].  The set of objects are consistent with the 
SNMP framework and existing SNMP standards.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:07:09 -0700

Hi,

I'm posting this message in case anyone saw the ipcdn message below and
wondered about which version of the RF mib is required by Docsis
applications. 

Both Docsis 1.1 and 2.0 currently require v2_04 of the RF mib. The version
of the RF mib (v2_01) last recorded by the IETF expired after a six month
period. The IETF cannot simply jump from v2_01 to v2_04, so there will be a
series of announcements in the near future to progress from v2_01 to v2_02
to v2_03 to v2_04. Shortly both the IETF and Docsis will be in sync with the
latest version - v2_04.

Sorry for the confusion,
Dave

************************************
David Raftus
Imedia Semiconductor
340 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 202
Ottawa Canada  K2K 3A2

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222
************************************               

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 7:13 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management
Information
                          Base for DOCSIS 2.0 compliant RF interfaces
        Author(s)       : A. Goren, D. Raftus
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt
        Pages           : 85
        Date            : 11-Jun-02
       
Please see 'Section 9 Changes from RFC2670' for a description of
modifications.  

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:07:12 -0700

---

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:07:09 -0700

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion,
Dave

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 7:13 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [ipcdn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-02.txt

       

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type: