Subject: [ipcdn] draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-06.txt some clarifications needed

From: Alan Corbett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:16:01 +0100

Hi All,

I have a few questions on the  interaction between the
docsSubMgtPktFilterTable and the docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable and I would
appreciate it if someone could answer them for me.

Constraints as stated in Subscriber MIB:
=============================

2.2.4. Row Existence of docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable

     The docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable exists apart from the
     docsSubMgtPktFilterTable because its filtering criteria is expected
     to be applied to a minority of modems relative to
     docsSubMgtPktFilterTable. It is separate in order to emphasize this
     expectation to both CMTS vendors and network operators. The rules for
     row creation are:

     o    Row creation in docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable is disallowed unless
          the corresponding row in docsSubMgtPktFilterTable already
          exists (or that row is being created simultaneously in the same
          SNMP SET message).

     o    Deletion of the row in docsSubMgtPktFilterTable deletes the
          corresponding row in docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable.

     o    Row creation for docsSubMgtPktFilterTable does not create the
          corresponding row in docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable.

     o    Row deletion of docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable does not delete the
          corresponding row in docsSubMgtPktFilterTable.

Questions:
========

1) If the RowStatus of an entry in the docsSubMgtPktFilterTable is
Active, are you allowed to modify that entry (other than changing the
RowStatus) ?

2) Is creating/modifying/deleting an entry in the
docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable considered modifying the 'corresponding'
entry (i.e. entry with the same indexes) in the docsSubMgtPktFilterTable ?

3) Are you allowed to put an entry in the docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable
into an 'Active' state if the 'corresponding' entry in the
docsSubMgtPktFilterTable has a RowStatus of 'NotInService' or 'NotReady' ?

4) If the docsSubMgtPktFilterTable's entry RowStatus is 'NotInService'
or 'NotReady' but the corresponding entry in the
docsSubMgtTcpUdpFilterTable has a RowStatus of 'Active', should the Tcp
& Udp filters be applied ?

Thanking you in advance,

Alan Corbett
--------------------------------------------------------
Software Engineer,		phone +353-21-7305883
Com21 					  email:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn