Subject: [ipcdn] Recent ipcdn draft updates

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:56:52 -0600

Folks,

There have been a number of drafts submitted to the IETF as individual
drafts, that should be considered by members of the IPCDN working group, as
part of our adoption of the PacketCable/IPCablecom MIBs:

Management Event MIB for PacketCable/IPCablecom MTAs
Authors: W. De Ketelaere, E. Nechamkin
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deketelaere-pktc-ipcdn-eventmess-0
0.txt

Multimedia Terminal Adapter (MTA) Management Information Base for
PacketCable 1.0 compliant devices
Authors: M. Osman, E. Nechamkin
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-osman-pktc-ipcdn-mtamib-00.txt

Packetcable/IPCablecom MIB Framework
Authors: S. Channabasappa, W. De Ketelaere
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-channabasappa-pktc-ipcdn-mib-frame
work-00.txt

Network Control Signaling (NCS) Signaling MIB for PacketCable/IPCablecom
MTAs 
Authors: C. Schell, S. Kumar, S. Channabasappa
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schell-pktc-ipcdn-signaling-00.txt

The Subscriber Management and DOCSIS IGMP MIBs have been submitted to the
IESG. The DOCSIS IGMP MIB
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-igmp-mib-04.txt> was
recently refreshed on the IETF web site because the previously-approved
version expired. There should be only administrative changes between -03 and
-04. Since the Subscriber Management MIB
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-06.txt>
is due to expire in August, expect it to be refreshed as version -07 soon.

The DOCSIS 2.0 RF MIB
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-04.txt>
may be close to considering working group last-call. Please send your
comments about this to the ipcdn mailing list.

The DOCSIS Cable Device MIB update
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-02.txt>
likely requires a little more editing prior to working group last-call. I am
waiting for AT&T Broadband to acquire a SMICng license, so I would
appreciate any MIB compilation volunteers to review this draft. I have made
a number of changes in the -02 version, to align the internet-draft with the
RFC 2669 updates in the DOCSIS OSSI specifications.

Some other key internet-drafts that ought to be fairly close to working
group last-call and forwarding to the IESG (DOCSIS QoS MIB and BPI+ MIB)
have expired, and need to be re-submitted to the IETF.

Unless someone from the Euromodem community steps up to completing the MIB
standardization process by September 1st, I will put the Euromodem MIBs into
a single draft, and submit to the IESG as Experimental.

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:04:34 -0700

Hi Rich et al,

Regarding:

The DOCSIS 2.0 RF MIB
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-docs-rfmibv2-04.txt>
may be close to considering working group last-call. Please send your
comments about this to the ipcdn mailing list

There are some outstanding feature requests/potential mods from the
community which are still being evaluated. I would expect an rfmibv2-05 in
the near future - hope that this will be the finally mature version. 

Thanks,
Dave

************************************
David Raftus
Imedia Semiconductor
340 Terry Fox Drive, Suite 202
Ottawa Canada  K2K 3A2

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222
************************************               

-----Original Message-----
From: Woundy, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 1:57 PM
To: IPCDN (E-mail)
Cc: Woundy, Richard; Jean-Francois Mule (E-mail)
Subject: [ipcdn] Recent ipcdn draft updates

Folks,

The DOCSIS 2.0 RF MIB

-- Rich

---

From: "Raftus, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:04:34 -0700

Hi Rich et al,

Regarding:

The DOCSIS 2.0 RF MIB

Thanks,
Dave

[email-masked]           
613.592.1052  ext 222

-----Original Message-----
From: Woundy, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 1:57 PM
To: IPCDN (E-mail)
Cc: Woundy, Richard; Jean-Francois Mule (E-mail)
Subject: [ipcdn] Recent ipcdn draft updates

Folks,

The DOCSIS 2.0 RF MIB

-- Rich