Subject: [ipcdn] SMICng and the PacketCable/IPCablecom Management Event MIB

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:49:45 -0600

Folks,

I ran SMICng against the PacketCable/IPCablecom Management Event MIB,
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deketelaere-pktc-ipcdn-eventmess-
00.txt>.

Prior to compiling, I had to change the ææ and ÆÆ into double quotes, and
had to fix the LAST-UPDATED time in the MODULE-IDENTITY object. I have
attached the edited version of the MIB, so you can match the (line number,
column number) references in the SMICng error output.

Below are the errors that SMICng found in the edited version. Also note that
the MIB doctors strongly discourage the use of "DisplayString" (use
"SnmpAdminString"
instead).

E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (9,11) Pseudo type BITS is not valid in the
IMPORTS clause
E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (13,10) Item "OBJECT-GROUP" not defined in module
"INET-ADDRESS-MIB"
E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (14,10) Item "MODULE-COMPLIANCE" not defined in
module "INET-ADDRESS-MIB"
W: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (52,34) REVISION value "0206240000Z" is not a
valid extended UTC time
E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (1,1) Construct "MODULE-COMPLIANCE" used in
PKTC-EVENT-MIB, but not defined or imported
E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (1,1) Construct "OBJECT-GROUP" used in
PKTC-EVENT-MIB, but not defined or imported
E: f(PKTC-EVENT-MIB.mi2), (709,17) Item "pktcDevEvControlState" is not known
in current module

-- Rich