Subject: [ipcdn] SMICng and the PacketCable MTA MIB

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:47:36 -0600

Folks,

I ran SMICng against the PacketCable MTA MIB,
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-osman-pktc-ipcdn-mtamib-00.txt>.

Prior to compiling, I had to change the ææ and ÆÆ into double quotes, and
had to fix the LAST-UPDATED time in the MODULE-IDENTITY object. I have
attached the edited version of the MIB, so you can match the (line number,
column number) references in the SMICng error output.

Below are the errors that SMICng found in the edited version. Also note that
the MIB doctors strongly discourage the use of "IpAddress" and
"DisplayString" (use "InetAddressType" + "InetAddress" and "SnmpAdminString"
instead, respectively).

E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (14,14) Item "OBJECT-GROUP" not defined in module
"INET-ADDRESS-MIB"
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (15,14) Item "MODULE-COMPLIANCE" not defined in
module "INET-ADDRESS-MIB"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (61,41) REVISION value "0206240000Z" is not a valid
extended UTC time
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (684,18) Name of item
"PktcMtaDevServProviderCertificate" must start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevServProviderCertificate"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (685,18) Name of item
"PktcMtaDevTelephonyCertificate" must start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevTelephonyCertificate"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (686,18) Name of item "PktcMtaDevKerberosRealm" must
start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevKerberosRealm"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (687,18) Name of item "PktcMtaDevKerbPrincipalName"
must start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevKerbPrincipalName"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (688,18) Name of item "PktcMtaDevServGracePeriod"
must start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevServGracePeriod"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (689,18) Name of item
"PktcMtaDevLocalSystemCertificate" must start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaDevLocalSystemCertificate"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1296,18) Name of item "PktcMtaCmsMapCmsFqdn" must
start with lowercase letter
Item name changed to "pktcMtaCmsMapCmsFqdn"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1313,18) Name of enumerated value "Inactive" must
start with a lowercase letter
Name of enumerated value changed to "inactive"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1327,18) Name of enumerated value "Inhibit" must
start with a lowercase letter
Name of enumerated value changed to "inhibit"
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1328,18) Name of enumerated value "Allow" must
start with a lowercase letter
Name of enumerated value changed to "allow"
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1383,45) Extra comma at end of object list
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1,1) SMI item "IpAddress" used in PKTC-MTA-MIB, but
not defined or imported
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1,1) Construct "MODULE-COMPLIANCE" used in
PKTC-MTA-MIB, but not defined or imported
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1,1) Construct "OBJECT-GROUP" used in PKTC-MTA-MIB,
but not defined or imported
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (108,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (108,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevSerialNumber",
syntax name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (116,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (116,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevHardwareVersion",
syntax name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (132,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (132,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevFQDN", syntax name
"SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (160,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (160,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevTypeIdentifier",
syntax name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (310,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (310,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevConfigFile", syntax
name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (322,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (322,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevSnmpEntity", syntax
name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (451,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (451,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevProvKerbRealmName",
syntax name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (737,26) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (737,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevKerbPrincipalName",
syntax name "DisplayString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (846,26) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (846,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevTgsLocation", syntax
name "DisplayString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1004,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1004,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevRealmName", syntax
name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1160,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1160,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevCmsFqdn", syntax
name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1174,26) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1174,26) In defining "pktcMtaDevCmsKerbRealmName",
syntax name "SnmpAdminString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1303,28) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1303,28) In defining "pktcMtaCmsMapCmsFqdn", syntax
name "DisplayString" is not known
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (687,56) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (832,42) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (992,58) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (998,18) Item "pktcMtaDevRealmUnsolicitedKeyMeanDev"
in sequence "PktcMtaDevRealmEntry" is not defined in current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1148,60) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1149,60) Item "SnmpAdminString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1154,18) Item "pktcMtaDevCmsUnsolicitedKeyMeanDev"
in sequence "PktcMtaDevCmsEntry" is not defined in current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1296,46) Item "DisplayString" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (988,30) IMPLIED can not be specified for index item
"pktcMtaDevRealmName", since it does not have a varying size
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1144,30) IMPLIED can not be specified for index
item "pktcMtaDevCmsFqdn", since it does not have a varying size
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1479,18) Item "pktcMtaDevKerbZPrincipalName" is not
known in current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1484,18) Item "pktcMtaDevTgsIndex" in object-group
"pktcMtaObsoleteGroup" has access of "not-accessible"
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1488,18) Item "pktcMtaDevServDhcp" is not known in
current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1489,18) Item "pktcMtaCmsMspCmsFqdn" is not known
in current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1493,18) Item
"pktcMtaDevRealmUnsolicitedKeyMeanDev" is not known in current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1494,18) Item "pktcMtaDevCmsUnsolicitedKeyMeanDev"
is not known in current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (207,6) Item "pktcMtaDevProvisioningCounter" is not
contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (257,6) Item "pktcMtaDevServerDhcp" is not contained
in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (278,6) Item "pktcMtaDevServerDns1AddressType" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (299,6) Item "pktcMtaDevServerDns2AddressType" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (561,6) Item "pktcMtaDevServerDhcp1AddressType" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (581,6) Item "pktcMtaDevServerDhcp2AddressType" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (604,6) Item "pktcMtaDevTimeServerAddressType" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (736,6) Item "pktcMtaDevKerbPrincipalName" is not
contained in any group defined in the current module
E: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1466,57) Item "pktcMtaProvisioningEnrollment" is
not known in current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (1363,6) Item "pktcMtaDevProvisioningEnrollment" is
not contained in any group defined in the current module
W: f(PKTC-MTA-MIB.mi2), (16,44) "InetPortNumber" imported but not used

-- Rich

---

From: "Eugene Nechamkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:06:06 -0700

Rich,

Before submitting MTA MIB, I as able to compile it with Epilogue MIB
Compiler, no problem. I'll look into that and fix the problems.

Is "SMICng" the MIB compiler which you used ? Where can I get it ?

Eugene.

-----Original Message-----
From: Woundy, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:48 AM
To: IPCDN (E-mail)
Cc: PacketCable Provisioning and OSS (E-mail)
Subject: SMICng and the PacketCable MTA MIB

Folks,

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn