Subject: RE: [ipcdn] deletion of DoscSubMgtPktFilterEntry - draft-ietf-ipc dn-subscribe r-mib-06

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:39:05 -0600

Shrini,

I'm surprised that no one has answered your question.

My understanding is that a row of docsSubMgtPktFilterTable can be modified
or deleted, regardless of whether any modems belong to the relevent filter
group for which the row applies. I think this is implied by the definition
of docsSubMgtPktFilterStatus.

If a row is deleted from the docsSubMgtPktFilterTable, then the remaining
rows for the filter group apply.

Right?

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Samant, Shrinivas (Shrinivas) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 12:27 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [ipcdn] deletion of DoscSubMgtPktFilterEntry -
draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscribe r-mib-06

Hi,
docsSubMgtPktFilterEntry is a read-create object. Hence, it can be read,
created, modified, deleted at any time.
docsSubMgtCmFilterTable binds the cable modem to an ordered list of filters
defined in docsSubMgtPktFilterEntry.

My question is...

Can an entry from docsSubMgtPktFilterEntry be deleted, if it is being used
by a cable modem? If yes, then what filter criteria should be applied to
these packets?

Thanks,

-Shrini
_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn