Subject: [ipcdn] RE:

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 14:47:11 -0700

Gordon,

The mismatch of values has been fixed in the DOCSIS OSSI ECN, but still
needs to be fixed in the internet-draft version.

For the benefit of the IPCDN crowd without access to the ECN repository,
here is the problem description:

"The ECN RFI-N-02091 changed the default values for Maximum Traffic Burst
parameter and Maximum Concatenated Burst parameter and the SP-RFIv1.1-I09
020830 has the changes in now. The default values for related MIB objects in
DOCS-QOS-MIB (docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst,
docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst DEFVAL, and
docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst, docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst DEFVAL) are
based on the RFIv1.1 specification, so they need to be changed to the new
default values, too. These changes should be in the DOCS-QOS-MIB itself, but
it takes time for the MIB file to be changed and accepted. Before the MIB
file changes, this ECR could be used for implementation and testing."

and here is the proposed solution from the ECN:

"The default values for the MIB objects in docsQosParamSetTable and
docsQosServiceClassTable MUST follow the referenced ones in the RFIv1.1
specification. For example, docsQosParamSetMaxTrafficBurst default value is
3044 (which is 1522 * 2), docsQosServiceClassMaxTrafficBurst DEFVAL is 3044,
docsQosParamSetMaxConcatBurst default value is 1522, and
docsQosServiceClassMaxConcatBurst DEFVAL is 1522. If in the future, there
are any related default values changed in the RFIv1.1 specification, the
related default values in DOCS-QOS-MIB docsQosParamSetTable and
docsQosServiceClassTable MUST be changed accordingly even though the MIB
file is not changed in time."

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Lejeune, Andre [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 4:02 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE:

OSS-N-02214...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 3:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 

This may have been addressed already, but I would like to point out an
inconsistency related to the default value of docsQoSParamSetMaxConcatBurst
MIB.

The IPCDN QoS-MIB-02 spec currently sets the default value of this MIB to
'0'. This was consistent with 1.1 RFI spec in the past. However, Rusty's
recent ECN (RFI-N-02091) has explicitly changed the default of the Max
Concat Burst encoding to 1522. We need to update QoS MIB spec to reflect
this ECN.

Comment?

- Gordon

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn