Subject: [ipcdn] Proposal for an interim IPCDN working group meeting

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:27:27 -0700

Folks,

In order to help close out any remaining issues with current IPCDN
internet-drafts, especially DOCSIS-related drafts (see
<http://www.ipcdn.org/ipcdn-ids.html>), I would like to propose an interim
working group meeting in the greater Denver area in the month of February.

In particular, I would like to propose an open working group meeting at or
near the CableLabs facility at the end of the 2003 Winter Conference, either
February 12th or 13th, 2003. The rationales for this proposal is:

- Many folks in the cable industry (operators and vendors) will be traveling
to Denver for the Winter Conference, so this will reduce travel expenses for
many possible participants. A number of active IPCDN mailing list
participants have expressed problems with the travel expense associated with
attending IETF meetings.

(Note: attendees will NOT have to attend the CableLabs conference to attend
the interim meeting.)

- There are specific rules for when/how a Interim WG meeting can be
scheduled, <http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/Interim-meetings.txt>. In
particular, the interim meeting must be announced 30 days in advance (which
rules out co-scheduling with the CableLabs NDA meeting in January), and must
take place 30 days prior to an IETF meeting (the next IETF meeting is in San
Francisco, <http://www.ietf.org/meetings/meetings.html>).

- I am able to host the interim meeting at the Comcast lab facility in
Westminster, CO. Other venues in this area might be possible. A dial-in
number might also be possible.

In conjunction with this interim WG meeting, I will be asking authors for
another round of drafts, in preparation for review and WG last-call for this
meeting.

-- Rich

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn