Subject: [ipcdn] Adopting the CableHome MIBs in IPCDN

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:27:11 -0700

Folks,

Our working group needs to complete an assessment of whether we are going to
add the CableHome MIBs to our new IPCDN working group charter. See
<http://www.ipcdn.org/charter-update.html> for the latest re-charter
proposal which includes CableHome-related activities, see
<http://www.ipcdn.org/ipcdn-ids.html> for URLs to the five CableHome MIB
internet-drafts, and see
<http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/02nov/slides/ipcdn-0/sld10.htm> for further
information.

One immediate concern I have about the CableHome-related drafts is that
there is only a single author (at present) for all five CableHome
individual-submissions. Note that there are six distinct authors for the
three current PacketCable internet-drafts. I suspect that folks in the
CableHome technical community could easily fix this problem, though.

My assumption is that whatever technical changes are required by this WG, or
by the IETF in general, will be applied to these MIBs. The sooner that these
MIBs come under the management of an IETF working group, the less likely
that there will be an ever-widening gap between the CableLabs version and
the IPCDN version -- which is why we should adopt these MIBs sooner rather
than later.

If folks approve or disapprove of standardizing CableHome-related MIBs in
this working group, please send email to the working group mailing list, or
to the working group chairs, by January 10th.

-- Richard Woundy, IPCDN Co-Chair

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn