Subject: [ipcdn] draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-03.txt

From: "Bob Webster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:25:36 -0800

R. Woundy,
I was investigating this draft and noticed the docsDevEvThrottleInhibited
change.
I hope this is not going to be submitted as is.  I do not think the change
makes
sense, I do not think the change is just a clarification of the behavior.
The MAY
changes the behavior - I cannot imagine a MAY is acceptable within a Mib
description were it leads, as this does, to a very ambiguous meaning to the
objects
value.  
I think the Mib draft should NOT be changed per ECx 2207/2208 as I believe
discussion for a real meaningful change in light of SnmpV3 and other
notification
filter mechanisms needs to take place such that the throttling mechanism
maintains
value.  
At the very least, the addition of MAY changes the objects meaning
sufficiently,
in my mind, to require deprecation and generation of a new object with the 
new requirements.  
Bob Webster
Correlant Communications