Subject: [ipcdn] Latest version of the Cable Device MIB

From: "Woundy, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:07:28 -0700

Folks,

I have uploaded the latest Cable Device MIB for your analysis, comments, and
reactions:

<http://www.ipcdn.org/docs-devicemib-id-012103.txt>

I would like to submit this version as an updated internet-draft by close of
business Thursday. If you find any obvious errors, please notify me ASAP.

A summary of the recent changes:
- removing the InterfaceSet textual convention and reverting back to the RFC
2669 docsDevFilterLLCIfIndex and docsDevFilterIpIfIndex objects
- modifying the VACM MIB augmentation to use docsDevVacmAccessIfIndex
- an update of the handling of the docsDevNmAccessTable with respect to SNMP
Coexistence,
- simplification of the TFTP/HTTP software download mechanisms,
- deprecation of docsDevEvThrottleInhibited in favor of
docsDevEvThrottleThresholdExceeded,
- leveraging the InetPortNumber syntax in the IP filter table,
- making the docsDevCpe tables optional (along with many other MIB
compliance changes), and
- fixing numerous errors caught by MIB compilers.

I will also respond to Kevin Marez's email separately. His ideas obviously
influenced a number of my revision decisions.

-- Rich

P.S. Anyone else planning to submit a draft?

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn