Subject: [ipcdn] docsis subscriber management: description of CpeControl defaults

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:37:14 -0500

Bert Wijnen writes:
[re: docsSubMgtCpeMaxIpDefault, docsSubMgtCpeActiveDefault,
docsSubMgtCpeLearnableDefault]

>> - the following 3 objects that define defaults. Can you explain how
>>   that works and when they come into play. I see that hey do when the
>>   registration fails. So is it that when a cable modem registers, then
>>   this MIB-table (at a device in the provider premises?) gets
>>   populated with whatever the user registers? And if he does not
>>   register you still add entries to this MIB-table and the defaults
>>   get picked up in that case?
>
>I don;t see any additional explanation.
>I guess all is clear to the WG and people who need to implement?

additional text (in -07) was added to the description of
docsSubMgtCpeControlEntry:
        "A row in the docsSubMgtCpeControlTable.  All values are set
    at successful modem registration, either from the system default,
    or from objects included in the DOCSIS registration request sent
    upstream to the CMTS from the CM. The contents of this entry are
    meaningless unless the corresponding docsIfCmtsCmStatusValue is
    registrationComplete(6). The persistence of this row is
    determined solely by the lifespan of the corresponding
    docsIfCmtsCmStatusEntry (normally StorageType=volatile)."

to repeat Bert's question, is this clear to the WG and people who need to
implement?

- Wilson

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn