Subject: [ipcdn] Deadline for Comments of QoS MIB version 7

From: Murwin William-LWM008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:28:30 -0500

Monday 1/27 is the Deadline for Comments of version 7 of the QoS MIB.

By Wednesday we will be posting version 7 of the QoS MIB on the IETF site.

Please review and get your comments in asap. Thanks.

Mike Patrick and Will Murwin

______________________________
William Murwin
Broadband Communications Sector
Motorola Inc.
Email: [email-masked]
Tel: (508) 851-8385

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Margo Dolas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:56:46 -0500

William,

I'd like to clarify the definition of docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts and
docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts.  These counters have been discussed on
the reflector several times, and we have recently had discussions with
tComLabs over the ambiguity of the descriptions of these counters.

I suggest that the following sentences be added to the description of
docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDropPkts - "This object counts only packets dropped
in violation of the Max(T) equation.  Particularly for UGS flows, this
object does not include packets dropped or otherwise not sent on this flow
because the packet exceeds the UGS grant size.  This object does not count
packets dropped because the packet arrival rate is faster than the grant
rate (these packets should be counted in the ifOutDiscards counter)."  A new
counter should be created to describe packets dropped in violation of the
UGS grant size.   Packets sent on the primary service flow in violation of
the UGS grant size should be counted on the primary service flow's counters.

Suggested text for the proposed counter - "For UGS flows, the number of
packets dropped because the packet exceeds the UGS grant size.  This object
does not count packets sent on the primary flow based on the
request-transmission policy settings.  For non-UGS flows, this counter
returns zero."

I suggest that the following sentences be added to the description of
docsQosServiceFlowPolicedDelayPkts - "This object counts only packets
delayed in violation of the Max(T) equation.  Particularly for UGS flows,
this object does not count packets queued awaiting grants."

I suggest that the following sentence be added to the description of
docsQosServiceFlowPkts - "Particularly for UGS flows, packets sent on the
primary service flow in violation of the UGS grant size should be counted
only on the primary service flow's counters."

Regards,
Margo Dolas

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Murwin William-LWM008
Sent: Friday, 24 January, 2003 11:29 AM
To: 'Docsis-Oss (E-mail)'; 'IPCDN (E-mail)'
Subject: [ipcdn] Deadline for Comments of QoS MIB version 7